Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Reload this Page Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2011] Pokémon Ruby Destiny - Life of Guardians

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old August 3rd, 2012 (06:49 AM).

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by LilyTiger:
I'm having a little problem; I just beat Devihel in Hell's Pit and the off-game guide tells me to go to the Leon Empire and battle Rayquaza. However, Rayquaza tells me to leave if I have nothing important to tell him and that his end is drawing near. Did I skip something or is this a glitch?
Try going to Mount Krystal.

Quote originally posted by snowfur:
I'm having trouble. I just beat the game but Bearthen (probably spelled that wrong) told me I had to talk to Chaomega in the tower of fate to get my body back and rescue shaymin. I tried talking to the rock thingy but all it says is that I'm on my own since the main story is finished. Can someone tell me where the tower of fate is and how to get to it?
Fly to Silkwind Town and go north. It appears to be a mountain from the outside.
Old August 3rd, 2012 (11:22 AM).

Nature: Gentle
Fun fact : i used walk through walls to enter the team earth base you go when in bad mode ( i had already finished it in normal mode ) and i got that message : JAGOLD: "Walk through walls eh ? You're stuck unless or wait ! that's it! " then i got an instant hall of fame
Old August 3rd, 2012 (02:06 PM).

DJG,

I found a movement permission error in the S.S. Aurora on your way to the academy. It's in the player's cabin to the lower right of the bed.
Old August 3rd, 2012 (05:22 PM).

Hello,first of all I'd like to say this is an awesome game, I love it so much, second, I'd like to ask a question.

I had accepted a quest, but I can't remember what it was, or where I accepted it. I'm pretty sure I talked to an old man in a fedora hat, and he gave me the quest. I'm not to far in the game, I'm only attempting to get my 5 symbols back after the Earth people took them.
Can you tell me what quest I'm suppose to be doing?
I'm pretty sure he wanted something in a forest. but I'm not 100 percent sure

Thankyou!
Old August 3rd, 2012 (06:34 PM).

I have a question. I've been away from the forums lately and upon arriving back, I see that you've uploaded your fourth hack, though it is unrelated to the Ruby Destiny series. I am about to play it in a few minutes but I have a question about this hack in particular.

When was the last time it was updated? I have not been here since...Mid June I believe and have not checked on the status of this, whether some stuff was added or if any bugs were fixed or anything and I can't seem to find any information on a Changelog on the front page, unless I missed it.
Old August 3rd, 2012 (06:41 PM).

Help if possible. I had this bug that i will hang when nicholas is talking to me when im doing the Anageallen event. Please help!

Old August 4th, 2012 (01:26 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by gam3r!:
Fun fact : i used walk through walls to enter the team earth base you go when in bad mode ( i had already finished it in normal mode ) and i got that message : JAGOLD: "Walk through walls eh ? You're stuck unless or wait ! that's it! " then i got an instant hall of fame
LOL xD DJG is awesome xD He even thought of this xD xD

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old August 5th, 2012 (12:03 AM).
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
Quote originally posted by unjoker:
Help if possible. I had this bug that i will hang when nicholas is talking to me when im doing the Anageallen event. Please help!
Um... Elaborate more, pls?

Quote originally posted by Slifer1995:
I have a question. I've been away from the forums lately and upon arriving back, I see that you've uploaded your fourth hack, though it is unrelated to the Ruby Destiny series. I am about to play it in a few minutes but I have a question about this hack in particular.

When was the last time it was updated? I have not been here since...Mid June I believe and have not checked on the status of this, whether some stuff was added or if any bugs were fixed or anything and I can't seem to find any information on a Changelog on the front page, unless I missed it.
I haven't really uploaded an update of LoG for quite some time now.
I don't remember when I uploaded version 15, but it's not after June, that I'm sure.

Quote originally posted by gam3r!:
that was suppose to be a feature of LoG, but I got lazy...

3DS FC: 0061-1111-6462
TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

~Serge,
Chrono Cross

Old August 5th, 2012 (06:29 AM).

Okay. This bug occurs when Nicolas was rambling Angeallen chose him as its Guardian Trainer. And when the exclaimation shows. My screen just hang and crash.

Old August 5th, 2012 (11:44 PM).

Can I know what are the types of all the Guardian Pokemon in the game?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old August 6th, 2012 (01:55 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by davel777:
Can I know what are the types of all the Guardian Pokemon in the game?
Almost every Guardian Pokémon is Dragon =D

Angeallen - Dragon/Flying
Devihel - Dragon/Fire
Rayquaza, Shaymin, Giratina have their typings from the original games.
Gabby - Normal/Flying
Chaomega - ???
Breatherna - Dragon/Psychic
Deazone - Dragon/Dark

Baby Lugia - Psychic/Flying
Yiyan - ???
Felinar - Psychic
Ruby Destiny - ???
Nefari - Dark/Flying

??? - is a type by the way

Old August 6th, 2012 (03:53 AM). Edited August 6th, 2012 by bellyzard.

I downloaded a fresh ruby(U) rom (not the mugs one) from dgemu and applied the ips patch. But when i open it with VBA, i get the analyzing, unpacking, then the "your copy of this hack may by illegitimate" screen, and when i press any button, it goes BACK to "analyzing..." and freezes there. Any idea what is wrong?

the ups patch also fails. I get a "failed. invalid checksum" message
Old August 6th, 2012 (03:52 PM).

How am I supposed to beat the level 80 Vessel with my team of level 50 Pokemon? Is using Perish Song with Lapras my only real option without leveling my team?
Old August 6th, 2012 (04:31 PM).

Quote originally posted by iMythiic:
How am I supposed to beat the level 80 Vessel with my team of level 50 Pokemon? Is using Perish Song with Lapras my only real option without leveling my team?
I used a combination of Toxic+Leech Seed stalling with a defensive team, so yeah. Unless you're into grinding (or at least abusing the Trick House), then you'd have to use one of these strategies.
Old August 6th, 2012 (05:06 PM).

Quote originally posted by Ach7AC:
I used a combination of Toxic+Leech Seed stalling with a defensive team, so yeah. Unless you're into grinding (or at least abusing the Trick House), then you'd have to use one of these strategies.
Ah, gotcha. Just used Perish Song to take it out.

I just dislike playing like that. :/
Old August 7th, 2012 (01:45 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Toxic + Taunt + Confuse Ray + Torment Umbreon
Nuff said.

Old August 7th, 2012 (01:45 PM).

Okay so I just downloaded the game and I patched the ips to the us Ruby gba rom but it still doesn't work. It stays on a blank black screen, did I do it wrong?
Old August 7th, 2012 (01:46 PM).
Let the Good Times roll!

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by faileh:
Okay so I just downloaded the game and I patched the ips to the us Ruby gba rom but it still doesn't work. It stays on a blank black screen, did I do it wrong?
Try using a different Ruby rom, the one you have may not be clean.
Old August 7th, 2012 (01:57 PM).

Quote originally posted by machomuu:
Try using a different Ruby rom, the one you have may not be clean.
Thank you, and I figured out what it was, I had the wrong ROM ^-^
Old August 7th, 2012 (02:38 PM).
Eye of the Storm

Send a message via Skype™ to Cyclone
Ah, gotcha. Just used Perish Song to take it out.

I just dislike playing like that. :/
You dislike using every legitimate move available to you in order to gain the advantage? I used Hypnosis and Dream Eater against a Lv.68 Purugly early this morning; this was with a Lv.48 Musharna (in Black obviously, not this hack). It's the same idea, you're thrown into battle and you need to have a battle strategy even when you're not ready to battle (or you can lose and shell out chump change). Heck, you could take in a Ghost type and use Curse, then stall while the Curse works down the opponent's HP. I'm sure there are even more strategies.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old August 7th, 2012 (04:52 PM). Edited August 7th, 2012 by manutdrule.
Not your cup of tea.

perish song is less of a strategy and more of a gimmick move since in reality your opponent wont be dumb enough to hang around too long and so the move is just to force switches. and there are very few pokemon that are both good and can learn it.

In contrast, stall moves like toxic and taunt are viable strategies competitively. hell DJG should just remove the perish song lapras, if not for nuzlockers. It would teach players how to use stall strategies., rather than just spamming your strongest moves.

Old August 8th, 2012 (12:24 AM).
Brony Hacker

Nature: Jolly
Toxic was vital for me. I couldn't have beaten the final boss without it. I actually beat the final boss without save states recently, I honestly didn't think that was possible. Now if someone were to beat it without legendaries or cheap moves like Perish Song, I would love to see that.
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline - Mapping assigned maps, slow pace at the moment.
Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
Times I've ninja'd people: 3
Old August 8th, 2012 (12:38 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by manutdrule:
It would teach players how to use stall strategies.,
Stall strategies are not popular if you aren't competitive player...
U_Flame: Toxic Umbreon kills everything =D

Old August 8th, 2012 (02:52 AM).

I changed the rom and it worked. Baton pass team here I come!
Old August 8th, 2012 (04:30 AM).
Eye of the Storm

Send a message via Skype™ to Cyclone
Quote originally posted by manutdrule:
perish song is less of a strategy and more of a gimmick move since in reality your opponent wont be dumb enough to hang around too long and so the move is just to force switches. and there are very few pokemon that are both good and can learn it.

In contrast, stall moves like toxic and taunt are viable strategies competitively. hell DJG should just remove the perish song lapras, if not for nuzlockers. It would teach players how to use stall strategies., rather than just spamming your strongest moves.
It still causes strategy, particularly because the user must remember that Perish Song affects him as well. It's handy to force a switch on the opponent (of course you are already planning a swap during the countdown), and if he doesn't swap, you witness the collapse of a giant, hypothetically speaking.

I ran into Perish Song for the first time in Black yesterday, with the opponent Jynx using it immediately; I found myself knocked out before the Perish Song countdown took effect (hence I never got to swap), but when her countdown on the Jynx in question reached one, she immediately swapped it; in fact, the Jynx used it on my new entrant, so I immediately swapped at the same time before losing a turn. Eventually the Jynx was left by itself and Perish Song would have effectively caused the loss, so it had to lose the normal way.

It's a good way to impart some strategy into the battle. I have no issue with it being left in, but sparingly. One boss battle is definitely good as it introduces the move at least once in the game and also points out a Pokémon you can have learn the move if you ever capture it.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)