Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 8th, 2012 (07:30 PM).
faileh
Beginning Trainer

I got to the part where the High Grunt takes all my Pokemon, my Pokedex, and my Symbols and it showed me my Party and I selected my first Pokemon and then it froze right after that. Now it won't do anything else, how do I fix this? )':
Old August 8th, 2012 (07:53 PM).
Pecilia
WOO! ADVENTURE!

Nature: Hasty
First post doesn't mention the major bug of Combee crashing the game. I heard it was worse before but it's still annoying, now I know bugs aren't just something that can be fixed quickly but at least remove Combee if it's causing that much trouble. It crashed my game after getting Riolu and I accidently hit Shift+F1 instead of F1 putting me in a loop. This is a problem that should be mentioned in the OP to warn people.

|Formerly: greenmoon1996 |Please notify me if (and which) one of the .GIFs is too large so I can remove it.|
Old August 8th, 2012 (07:53 PM). Edited August 8th, 2012 by manutdrule.
manutdrule
Not your cup of tea.

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by CycloneGU:
It still causes strategy, particularly because the user must remember that Perish Song affects him as well. It's handy to force a switch on the opponent (of course you are already planning a swap during the countdown), and if he doesn't swap, you witness the collapse of a giant, hypothetically speaking.

I ran into Perish Song for the first time in Black yesterday, with the opponent Jynx using it immediately; I found myself knocked out before the Perish Song countdown took effect (hence I never got to swap), but when her countdown on the Jynx in question reached one, she immediately swapped it; in fact, the Jynx used it on my new entrant, so I immediately swapped at the same time before losing a turn. Eventually the Jynx was left by itself and Perish Song would have effectively caused the loss, so it had to lose the normal way.

It's a good way to impart some strategy into the battle. I have no issue with it being left in, but sparingly. One boss battle is definitely good as it introduces the move at least once in the game and also points out a Pokémon you can have learn the move if you ever capture it.

Cyclone
are you playing against AI? In that case strategy is invalid since AI is too dumb to take full advantage of anything anyway. AI knows how to switch away from perish song at the last second but nothing else.

If else your opponent is bad at utilising Perish song properly. Imagine if Jynx had used perish song and you decide to stay on. until the second turn, he switches into a Dugtrio with arena trap. You try to attack it but it just used Protect/subtitute instead. Then ha, you are going down.

Outside of using trap along with perish song, its just a phazing move. Hence its gimmickiness, as it require entire pokemon team dedicated to stall/trapping to pull off kills with perish song.

Its good against against the AI boss as it cant switch (its only that one boss anyway) but you can, enough said.

Quote originally posted by greenmoon1996:
First post doesn't mention the major bug of Combee crashing the game. I heard it was worse before but it's still annoying, now I know bugs aren't just something that can be fixed quickly but at least remove Combee if it's causing that much trouble. It crashed my game after getting Riolu and I accidently hit Shift+F1 instead of F1 putting me in a loop. This is a problem that should be mentioned in the OP to warn people.
are you using a clean ruby rom to patch. This never happened if everything is done properly.

Old August 8th, 2012 (09:51 PM).
Pecilia
WOO! ADVENTURE!

Quote originally posted by manutdrule:
are you using a clean ruby rom to patch. This never happened if everything is done properly.
Actually a friend told me about it on Skype and sent me the file through Skype, anything that went wrong would've been something they did. Could you explain how I can do this right? I really liked the story and thought it was interesting, didn't want to start over due to the fact that I knew it would just happen again but if it's going to be fixed for me I would totally play it. This time with a better starter pokemon.

|Formerly: greenmoon1996 |Please notify me if (and which) one of the .GIFs is too large so I can remove it.|
Old August 9th, 2012 (12:22 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

If else your opponent is bad at utilising Perish song properly. Imagine if Jynx had used perish song and you decide to stay on. until the second turn, he switches into a Dugtrio with arena trap. You try to attack it but it just used Protect/subtitute instead. Then ha, you are going down.
If you do that, Dugtrio will take a hit that was aimed at Jynx. And the possibility of Electric attack used against Jynx is pretty low...
With half-assed defense stats Dugtrio has, there's a high chance it will be killed off before setting up Substitute and stalling for Perish Song to activate.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old August 9th, 2012 (01:57 AM). Edited August 9th, 2012 by manutdrule.
manutdrule
Not your cup of tea.

Quote originally posted by Ash493:

If you do that, Dugtrio will take a hit that was aimed at Jynx. And the possibility of Electric attack used against Jynx is pretty low...
With half-assed defense stats Dugtrio has, there's a high chance it will be killed off before setting up Substitute and stalling for Perish Song to activate.
oh silly me. thought too much about perish song/baton pass celebi. you need baton passers to pull that off.

greenmoon just getanother ruby rom from somewhere and try again. cant divulge where to get it just use google. your old save might be corrupted so you might have to restart

Old August 9th, 2012 (05:03 AM).
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Facing a Jynx? Use "Mean Look" as it uses "Perish Song", then swap out. Victory.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old August 9th, 2012 (05:32 AM).
Pecilia
WOO! ADVENTURE!

greenmoon just getanother ruby rom from somewhere and try again. cant divulge where to get it just use google. your old save might be corrupted so you might have to restart
I was using save states since they take little time. I'm going to work on this on though.

Old August 9th, 2012 (05:57 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by CycloneGU:
Facing a Jynx? Use "Mean Look" as it uses "Perish Song", then swap out. Victory.

Cyclone
I don't think Mean Look is that popular strategy...

Old August 9th, 2012 (06:23 AM).
Pecilia
WOO! ADVENTURE!

Okay, so I got a fresh Ruby, added the patch, and confirmed that Combee is no longer crashing the game. This is good. Now I tease my friend about how I can get Combee. >: ) Thanks!

Old August 9th, 2012 (08:27 AM).
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote originally posted by Ash493:

I don't think Mean Look is that popular strategy...
Who cares if it's popular? I used it to fight the roaming Tornadus in Black, so I can tell you it's effective since a Pokémon facing Mean Look can't be switched out, meaning Jynx (Politoed, Lapras, Smoochum, whoever else) would perish to its own song. Of course, Perish Song wasn't part of the affair against Tornadus.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old August 9th, 2012 (08:54 AM). Edited August 9th, 2012 by faileh.
faileh
Beginning Trainer

I got to the part where the High Grunt takes all my Pokemon, my Pokedex, and my Symbols and it showed me my Party and I selected my first Pokemon and then it froze right after that. Now it won't do anything else, how do I fix this? )':
Old August 9th, 2012 (02:01 PM).
Mr.no

Quote originally posted by faileh:
I had a similar problem,but a bit later in the game.(after escaping from the base instead of triggering a cutscene I ported to an island where that menu would pop up while interacting with NPCs)
I fixed it by loading and playing an older save instead.It's not much but that's how I got past that kind of bug.

Btw,what can I do after getting the Hevah symbol?the other region seems empty.
Also how the hell do I evolve Sneasel?it's at max happines and at level 100.(of course I can't evolve it anymore,I guess.)
Old August 9th, 2012 (02:09 PM).
abicornhead
Beginning Trainer

looks sweet i will downloads thanks
Old August 9th, 2012 (03:49 PM).
KingKevin13
Beginning Trainer

where can i find hm01 cut
Old August 9th, 2012 (04:02 PM).
Pecilia
WOO! ADVENTURE!

Quote originally posted by Mr.no:
I had a similar problem,but a bit later in the game.(after escaping from the base instead of triggering a cutscene I ported to an island where that menu would pop up while interacting with NPCs)
I fixed it by loading and playing an older save instead.It's not much but that's how I got past that kind of bug.

Also how the hell do I evolve Sneasel?it's at max happines and at level 100.(of course I can't evolve it anymore,I guess.)
You need to level it up while it holds a razor claw and it has to be at max happiness. At least that's how it should be done, not sure if there's a razor claw in this game yet.

Old August 9th, 2012 (07:22 PM).
Ach7AC
Mime Jr.

Ehh... is it just me or is Hevah's map somewhat based on Hoenn's? If you take a look both maps they're similar. Take a look at the placement of Lavaridge Town and Mt. Krystal, or Fallabor Town and the Hevah Leaugue, or Mauville City and Guardia Town, or even Silkwind Town and Rustboro City. Did Jagold do this intentionally?
Old August 9th, 2012 (10:31 PM). Edited August 9th, 2012 by Cory2012.
Cory2012
The Great Detective~

Nature: Relaxed
Hey Man...I'm gonna Tell U how to "Get" Chaomega...
1st)After U beat all the 4 dragon guardians Go to Tower Of Fate and talk to Chaomega To Receive Ruby Destiny Fragment...
2nd)After U have finish talking to Chaomega and receive the Ruby Destiny Fragment..U should Realize that he give u a pokemon name Chaomega in lvl 5...If chaomega were not in ur party pokemon..U should Check it in ur pc...See if it there...

I was looking for a hidden legendary pokemon...This time I only found Ho-oh....:D..I will try my best to look for a hidden legendary pokemon in this game..:D

Hey Man...I'm gonna Tell U how to "Get" Chaomega...
1st)After U beat all the 4 dragon guardians Go to Tower Of Fate and talk to Chaomega To Receive Ruby Destiny Fragment...
2nd)After U have finish talking to Chaomega and receive the Ruby Destiny Fragment..U should Realize that he give u a pokemon name Chaomega in lvl 5...If chaomega were not in ur party pokemon..U should Check it in ur pc...See if it there...

I was looking for a hidden legendary pokemon...This time I only found Ho-oh....:D..I will try my best to look for a hidden legendary pokemon in this game..:D
Old August 9th, 2012 (10:51 PM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

@Cory: You don't need to.
Everything is in the guide.

Old August 10th, 2012 (03:22 AM). Edited August 10th, 2012 by alienhunterx.
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote originally posted by KingKevin13:
where can i find hm01 cut
After your event in Hevah Academy there us a bug catcher in the sinister woods who gives you HM01 Cut after battling with him.

How did you trained it level 100????
Old August 10th, 2012 (05:10 AM).
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Per Bulbapedia:

Quote:
It evolves into Weavile when leveled up holding a Razor Claw during the night.
In other words, assuming there is a day/night system, you either did not level it up at night or never gave it a Razor Claw. Catch another and try again, I suggest.

Cyclone

Old August 10th, 2012 (07:50 AM).
faileh
Beginning Trainer

God, I'm going to have to start all over then :'(
Old August 10th, 2012 (08:58 AM).
Pecilia
WOO! ADVENTURE!

Found a minor collision bug in the Safari.

The grass acts like a rock and I can't walk on it.

Old August 10th, 2012 (09:15 AM).
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote originally posted by greenmoon1996:
Found a minor collision bug in the Safari.

The grass acts like a rock and I can't walk on it.
You found Mew! (Kidding.)

I also noticed the lower part of the picture. There is a tree graphic error in there, just right of center.

Cyclone

Old August 10th, 2012 (10:04 AM).
Riuzaki1
Beginning Trainer

Ive beat Breatherna and Deazone, talked to Angeallen, fought Devihel, and talked to Gabrieleon...And Rayquaza still tells me to leave if I have nothing to tell him...Is there something missing?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links