The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Hacks Showcase

Notices

Hacks Showcase Want to play a hack? Here, you can play some good quality hacks… or you can make your own and submit it here! (Unless you can show a significant amount of development, your hack starts at the "Progressing Hacks" forum first.)
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 27th, 2013, 02:57 PM
Izanagi-No-Okami
Unhatched Egg

So I'm almost done with this game (first playthrough), however I've run into a major issue.. I've beaten the league, collected all of the dragon gods, beaten Joseph and gotten yiyan, and I've gotten all 8 of the ruby destiny fragments. Also be aware I'm playing on Version 15, the most recent version. I put all the fragments in my bag and headed over to the tower, but when I talked to Jayson he acted like it was my first time there, and when I talked to Chaomega he told me to go see Giratina in shadow valley. However, I already got shaymin (I had to in order to get my 8th symbol), and since I've beaten Joseph, the entrance to shadow valley in dusk path's mineral cave is gone. That's not all. Out of boredom I went to Breeze Isle, and when I got there I saw that April and Breatherna were there as well. Whenever I tried to start the double battle (for the second time now) I was able to walk around after saying yes to the battle twice.. ?? Additionally, I was able to obtain another Devihel and another Angeallen. Furthermore, I went to see if Jospeh was in front of Yiyan AGAIN, and surprisingly he was. However, when I beat him, he wouldn't move even though I had shaymin, a problem many other people had as well. I've gone through just about every page in this thread and I've seen similar questions, but nobody has answered. I would be very grateful if someone could help, as I've put alot of hours into this game... If I have to restart that's fine, but I'd like an answer because it's driving me crazy. Thanks for your time, guys.
Old February 27th, 2013, 05:23 PM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izanagi-No-Okami View Post
So I'm almost done with this game (first playthrough), however I've run into a major issue.. I've beaten the league, collected all of the dragon gods, beaten Joseph and gotten yiyan, and I've gotten all 8 of the ruby destiny fragments. Also be aware I'm playing on Version 15, the most recent version. I put all the fragments in my bag and headed over to the tower, but when I talked to Jayson he acted like it was my first time there, and when I talked to Chaomega he told me to go see Giratina in shadow valley. However, I already got shaymin (I had to in order to get my 8th symbol), and since I've beaten Joseph, the entrance to shadow valley in dusk path's mineral cave is gone. That's not all. Out of boredom I went to Breeze Isle, and when I got there I saw that April and Breatherna were there as well. Whenever I tried to start the double battle (for the second time now) I was able to walk around after saying yes to the battle twice.. ?? Additionally, I was able to obtain another Devihel and another Angeallen. Furthermore, I went to see if Jospeh was in front of Yiyan AGAIN, and surprisingly he was. However, when I beat him, he wouldn't move even though I had shaymin, a problem many other people had as well. I've gone through just about every page in this thread and I've seen similar questions, but nobody has answered. I would be very grateful if someone could help, as I've put alot of hours into this game... If I have to restart that's fine, but I'd like an answer because it's driving me crazy. Thanks for your time, guys.
I am aware of this bug, but unfortunately, I have no idea what it causing this to happen.
It's a rare bug though.

Anyway, please send me your saved file via PM so I can activate the final event for you.
Note: Save file, not saved states.

I'll get back to you when I get home.
Old March 1st, 2013, 08:12 AM
Damned

Where can I find Seviper and Croagunk and how far would it be in the game?
Old March 1st, 2013, 10:30 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damned View Post
I am quite sure Croagunk is on the route south of 1st gym's city
Old March 2nd, 2013, 07:18 AM
Damned

So yeah, I just did the Light catching Ralts script, and just like the first post mentioned, my level 13 Charmander fainted the Ralts with two scratches. Is this going to cause any problems in my game later on?
Old March 2nd, 2013, 07:37 AM
darknessrules

i know this is wrong thread but destinedjagold can i send ruby destiny save file
I have told u this before but still the same after months of playing
I really liked it a lot but after u have to do training section 1 again,i keep going to the land of the dead and when devihel resseructs me i go back to the land of the dead and this goes on forever
by the way i play this game on my android galaxy y using gameboid emu
Old March 2nd, 2013, 07:42 AM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'

Quote:
Originally Posted by darknessrules View Post
i know this is wrong thread but destinedjagold can i send ruby destiny save file
I have told u this before but still the same after months of playing
I really liked it a lot but after u have to do training section 1 again,i keep going to the land of the dead and when devihel resseructs me i go back to the land of the dead and this goes on forever
by the way i play this game on my android galaxy y using gameboid emu
This thread is for Life of Guardians only though.
So if you have problems with the previous RD games, leave me a PM or a VM.
Don't post it here.

Quote:
So yeah, I just did the Light catching Ralts script, and just like the first post mentioned, my level 13 Charmander fainted the Ralts with two scratches. Is this going to cause any problems in my game later on?
It won't change the game. Don't worry about it.

Quote:
If you have seen them, then you can look up their locations with your PokeDex.
I forgot of their whereabouts though... Soz... :\
Old March 2nd, 2013, 08:05 AM
Damned

Thanks for the confirm of no problems with the Ralts fainting.

AlienhunterX, I looked south of the first gym (The one in Silkwind Town with Janice as the Elemental Master right?) and did not find a Croagunk. If you still have a save file from that game, could look him up in your pokedex for me?
Old March 2nd, 2013, 09:34 AM
U_Flame
Brony Hacker

Location: UnderwaterSapphire in Hoenn 100 years in the future
I hate reposting but being the last post in the previous page usually means it goes unseen as people only pay attention to the current page and not realize what was posted last. (Either that or I'm being ignored, lol) Anyways,

"Speaking of R.D.'s (Wait...Ruby Destiny not Rainbow Dash) missing backsprite, pretty much all unobtainable Pokemon have missing backsprites. I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but since Mew has Transform, transforming into those Pokemon looks weird due to the "??" backsprite. It's minor, but I suggest adding backsprites to even unobtainable Pokemon for Transform's sake."
Welp, just when I really got back into hacking, my computer breaks for good. Nothing is cancelled or lost, just on hiatus until I can put my backup somewhere. I'll probably be active around here via android for now.

Times I've been ninja'd: 16
Times I've ninja'd people: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drarixio View Post
Unbeatable Flame would make a pokemon trainer run outta breath in the anime:
Unbeatable Flame, Flamethrower.
Unbeatable Flame, Sky Uppercut.
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Un*pant*beatable---Flame, hooollaaa
Un-un-un-un--bea-bee....*Pokemon trainer fainted*
Old March 2nd, 2013, 10:16 AM
jog5454
Unhatched Egg

I really love this hack a lot! It was a very creative hack.... even though I never finished it I kept getting glitched in the betas haha. I will give it another shot and we will see what happens

Ultimate Random Challenge Progress: Fire Red 8/8 - Gold 16/16 - Emerald 0/8 - Diamond 0/8 - White 0/8
Random Challenge Teams:
Fire Red: Starmie lvl 64, Arbok lvl 60, Pidgeot lvl 60, Areodactyl lvl 62, Jolteon lvl 62, Tangela lvl 60
Gold: Typhlosion lvl 60, Furret lvl 60, Donphan lvl 60, Ampharos lvl 60, Persian lvl 60, Starmie lvl 60
Emerald: Scyther lvl 10
Diamond N/A
White N/A
Old March 2nd, 2013, 06:41 PM
Skylar97
Hack enjoyer

Nature: Jolly
this is the king of hacked games

Thanks for all the great work.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 03:08 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by U_Flame View Post
"Speaking of R.D.'s (Wait...Ruby Destiny not Rainbow Dash) missing backsprite, pretty much all unobtainable Pokemon have missing backsprites. I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but since Mew has Transform, transforming into those Pokemon looks weird due to the "??" backsprite. It's minor, but I suggest adding backsprites to even unobtainable Pokemon for Transform's sake."
Useless spriting, don't you think? :D
Transform should just be replaced with another move and it would work as well. :D
Old March 3rd, 2013, 05:25 AM
kensarcher
Hack Addict

Nature: Relaxed
i just want to share this for those beginner players who just recently downloaded this hack.
start your journey doing this before going to the academy.. when you do your first step at
bouquet field go to mineral cave immediately.

i raised my charmander up to lvl 45 at the mineral cave and turn it to charizard
"before going to hevah academy" and i think i can make it up to lvl 50. for roughly(3 hours including the search for stormidran)
i also caught stormidran using the hidden pokeball at silk village at the bottom of day care center.
im abusing my savestate for me to catch this rare lvl 40 pokemon at the start of my journey.

Mineral Cave Pokemons
name: lvl: exp:
magnemite 27-35 350-490
stormidran 40-41 850 (i guess)
occutales 27-36 850 (i guess also)
graveler 27-36 700
geodude 27-36 (i dont know coz i dont battle w/ this pokemon)
swoobat 27-36 550- 600+
woobat 27-36 250-300 +
zubat 27-36 same as woobat
lunatone 27-36 650-750
solrock 27-36 650-750

note: i use smokescreen first then savestate until the 2nd atk misses
if you want to catch stormidran(abbility levitate) a really powerful lightning/dragon fan made pokemon the percentage for it to
appear is i guess 1%
but after catching this pokemon you can now use switching battle
for you to win against lunatone,solrock,swoobat and graveler

Stomidran Skills are spark, iron tail,twister and lightningbolt

sorry for my english
Pokemon Victory Fire and
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Life of Guardians
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Reign Of Legends
Pokemon Liquid Crystal
Pokemon Red: Red Story

________________________< My Pokemon Dark Rising Team>___________________________

Last edited by kensarcher; March 3rd, 2013 at 06:59 AM.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 06:24 AM
Damned

Found Croagunk, he can be found the earliest in Vextra Forest, just in case anybody else was looking for him.

Ok so I just somehow ended up with a Sludge Bomb TM in my inventory! I just went through the Safari Zone for the first time (Caught about 11 Scyther so I could get one with the nature that I wanted). I'm not really complaining since I now have a really nice move for my Croagunk, but still, has this happened to anyone else? Did I pick it up somewhere along the way and forget I had it?

Last edited by Damned; March 3rd, 2013 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 10:32 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Did I pick it up somewhere along the way and forget I had it?
That's most probable solution. TMs do not magically appear outta nowhere
Old March 6th, 2013, 02:50 AM
DCson17
a modest hacker

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
That's most probable solution. TMs do not magically appear outta nowhere
Made me chortle a little bit. xD

Old March 7th, 2013, 08:16 AM
Damned

OK, so I just got surf and started re-checking all the routes that needed surf in order to completely check them out. I went by the Tower of Fate and I found the Pyro Strike and Pain Strike TMs. I checked them and found out how extremely powerful they were and was more than happy to start using them on my Charizard and my Froslass. But then, when I was using these moves, I started realizing just how overpowered these moves are. I mean, look at the original moves by Nintendo, moves with 140-180 base power all have some kind of drawback, whether it be low accuracy, taking recoil damage, lowering stats by 2 stages, or requiring a turn to charge up. These moves however have virtually no drawbacks whatsoever (and not to mention Pain Strike does NOT hit 2-5 times like the TM description says it does.).

Look, I'm not saying I hate using pokemon and using movesets that allow them to use insanely powerful attacks. In fact, I'm hoping to get Sunny Day on my Charizard to make his Flamethrower move extremely powerful, from STAB/ 50% boost from Sunny Weather, and his high base stat in Special Attack. But I just feel that using these custom made TMs with Blizzard like power, but Ice Beam like drawbacks is just going to cheapen the experience to the point where there is no challenge left whatsoever. I've also gotten Deep Water and Bug Strike and it seems to be a pattern that so far you made these extremely powerful attacks for every type in the game. I like the idea of creating an "ultimate move" for each type of pokemon, but the fact that the ones I have encountered so far are all very similar to one another seems to suggest that every move is like this, and if that is the case, it seems lazy to do something like that.

I'm only just got my fifth badge, I haven't encountered the rest of these "Ultimate Moves", and I do not know how difficult it is to edit TMs but I think it would have been much better if each ultimate move of each type had a different effect rather than just "Super High Base Power with only a slight accuracy drop from moves like flamethrower". For example, the Steel-type could've had a move with, lets say 100 base power that raises defense and special defense by two stages, and it has 90% accuracy. Ice types could have a 130 base power/ 95% accuracy move that requires a turn to charge, but inflicts the freeze status 60% of the time. Fighting types could have a 150 base power 75% accuracy move that has a critical hit chance two stages higher than normal (Which would be around 25% if my math is correct). Bug type pokemon's ultimate move could be a +2 priority attack with 95 base power/ 90% accuracy that raises evasion by two stages.

Maybe all my previous assumptions are wrong but from what I seem so far, all these moves seems to be ultimately the same, which is not only disappointing from a creativity standpoint, but also from a difficulty standpoint, as these moves have ridiculous base power with little to no drawbacks (Sorry, 80% accuracy just doesn't seem to be quite enough). Maybe what I suggested above is not possible to hack TMs to make them do, but I just feel as though this was a really nice idea that you had, but was just unfortunately met with bad execution.

EDIT:

Hey DJG,

I just wanted to know something about the 4 different paths that you can take throughout the game. How do you get each one and is there 4 in total or are there more?

Thanks.

Last edited by Damned; March 8th, 2013 at 09:01 PM.
Old March 8th, 2013, 10:07 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
OK, so I just got surf and started re-checking all the routes that needed surf in order to completely check them out. I went by the Tower of Fate and I found the Pyro Strike and Pain Strike TMs. I checked them and found out how extremely powerful they were and was more than happy to start using them on my Charizard and my Froslass. But then, when I was using these moves, I started realizing just how overpowered these moves are. I mean, look at the original moves by Nintendo, moves with 140-180 base power all have some kind of drawback, whether it be low accuracy, taking recoil damage, lowering stats by 2 stages, or requiring a turn to charge up. These moves however have virtually no drawbacks whatsoever (and not to mention Pain Strike does NOT hit 2-5 times like the TM description says it does.).

Look, I'm not saying I hate using pokemon and using movesets that allow them to use insanely powerful attacks. In fact, I'm hoping to get Sunny Day on my Charizard to make his Flamethrower move extremely powerful, from STAB/ 50% boost from Sunny Weather, and his high base stat in Special Attack. But I just feel that using these custom made TMs with Blizzard like power, but Ice Beam like drawbacks is just going to cheapen the experience to the point where there is no challenge left whatsoever. I've also gotten Deep Water and Bug Strike and it seems to be a pattern that so far you made these extremely powerful attacks for every type in the game. I like the idea of creating an "ultimate move" for each type of pokemon, but the fact that the ones I have encountered so far are all very similar to one another seems to suggest that every move is like this, and if that is the case, it seems lazy to do something like that.

I'm only just got my fifth badge, I haven't encountered the rest of these "Ultimate Moves", and I do not know how difficult it is to edit TMs but I think it would have been much better if each ultimate move of each type had a different effect rather than just "Super High Base Power with only a slight accuracy drop from moves like flamethrower". For example, the Steel-type could've had a move with, lets say 100 base power that raises defense and special defense by two stages, and it has 90% accuracy. Ice types could have a 130 base power/ 95% accuracy move that requires a turn to charge, but inflicts the freeze status 60% of the time. Fighting types could have a 150 base power 75% accuracy move that has a critical hit chance two stages higher than normal (Which would be around 25% if my math is correct). Bug type pokemon's ultimate move could be a +2 priority attack with 95 base power/ 90% accuracy that raises evasion by two stages.

Maybe all my previous assumptions are wrong but from what I seem so far, all these moves seems to be ultimately the same, which is not only disappointing from a creativity standpoint, but also from a difficulty standpoint, as these moves have ridiculous base power with little to no drawbacks (Sorry, 80% accuracy just doesn't seem to be quite enough). Maybe what I suggested above is not possible to hack TMs to make them do, but I just feel as though this was a really nice idea that you had, but was just unfortunately met with bad execution.

EDIT:

Hey DJG,

I just wanted to know something about the 4 different paths that you can take throughout the game. How do you get each one and is there 4 in total or are there more?

Thanks.
Well I will only make this short, You did not need to use TM Pyro Strike on Charizard because it learns itself by leveling up. Other starters like Blastoise and Venusaur also learn similar powerful move when they grow. Secondly the game only has 3 main story branching, The Good, Normal and the Bad side. 4th one is just sort of one's own method. You can play them all by using save states. But in the hack only one can be played one at a time
Old March 10th, 2013, 02:22 AM
hackstar
Check it out!!

Nature: Bashful
hey dgr should make a new hack of ruby destiny series with 6th generation pokemon ....because new pokemon will be quite match with his hack....and I believe you should go for it dr!!!
Old March 10th, 2013, 08:55 AM
Damned

Dude is retired for Pokemon ROM hacking.
Old March 10th, 2013, 01:58 PM
U_Flame
Brony Hacker

Location: UnderwaterSapphire in Hoenn 100 years in the future
Quote:
Dude is retired for Pokemon ROM hacking.
What gave you that impression? Pokemon Skyline is still in development, even if progress is slow or halted. Inactivity doesn't mean retirement.
Welp, just when I really got back into hacking, my computer breaks for good. Nothing is cancelled or lost, just on hiatus until I can put my backup somewhere. I'll probably be active around here via android for now.

Times I've been ninja'd: 16
Times I've ninja'd people: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drarixio View Post
Unbeatable Flame would make a pokemon trainer run outta breath in the anime:
Unbeatable Flame, Flamethrower.
Unbeatable Flame, Sky Uppercut.
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Un*pant*beatable---Flame, hooollaaa
Un-un-un-un--bea-bee....*Pokemon trainer fainted*
Old March 10th, 2013, 04:29 PM
Damned

Quote:
Originally Posted by U_Flame View Post
What gave you that impression? Pokemon Skyline is still in development, even if progress is slow or halted. Inactivity doesn't mean retirement.
I thought he said after this game he was done with ROM hacking because of real life.
Old March 10th, 2013, 05:10 PM
pokemontrainerroxas
Pokemon Hack Player

Nature: Adamant
One of the best hacks ever, also i got chaomega by saying no to the guy in the tower of fate is that normal?
Old March 10th, 2013, 07:12 PM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemontrainerroxas View Post
One of the best hacks ever, also i got chaomega by saying no to the guy in the tower of fate is that normal?
eeyup.

Quote:
I thought he said after this game he was done with ROM hacking because of real life.
I don't remember ever saying that though. :\
Yes, it's possible for me to stop ROM Hacking but, even if that day comes, I'll still be hanging around in the "who's online" page. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackstar View Post
hey dgr should make a new hack of ruby destiny series with 6th generation pokemon ....because new pokemon will be quite match with his hack....and I believe you should go for it dr!!!
maybe...

Quote:
Spoiler:

I made those so pipz can have an easy life beating the bosses in the game. :\

Quote:
Hey DJG,

Thanks.
You can start the branching when you finally got your 5 badges (again).
just talk to the pink/yellow/whatever-color-it-is pyramid in the game~
Old March 10th, 2013, 11:48 PM
nomi1993a
Nauman Nasir

how can i get written walkthrough of this game plz help
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links