< >
Hello, guest! Please log in or register.

The PokéCommunity

Go Back     The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio Ruby [Hack of the Year 2011] Pokémon Ruby Destiny - Life of Guardians

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #901    
Old October 27th, 2009 (8:52 AM).
Vendetto Vendetto is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 1
how to run game? I patch ruby us whit ips file and when i put in emulator that its analyzing and unpacking something and than nothing isnt hapening. help me.

Relevant Advertising!

  #902    
Old October 27th, 2009 (9:37 AM).
trebornosliw's Avatar
trebornosliw trebornosliw is offline
Learning
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Posts: 523
I have the same problem. I believe someone said I need the Ruby ROM with MUGS intro, but it's impossible to find...
Is there any way to make this patch compatible with a normal Ruby? For instance, is there a patch on PC that will put the MUGS intro into my Ruby ROM? Because seriously, this looks amazing, and I really don't want to miss out...
Credit for my avatar goes to the Lego company.
  #903    
Old October 27th, 2009 (9:45 AM).
Tropical Sunlight's Avatar
Tropical Sunlight Tropical Sunlight is offline
The Faltine
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Slovenia
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,578
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebornosliw View Post
I have the same problem. I believe someone said I need the Ruby ROM with MUGS intro, but it's impossible to find...
Is there any way to make this patch compatible with a normal Ruby? For instance, is there a patch on PC that will put the MUGS intro into my Ruby ROM? Because seriously, this looks amazing, and I really don't want to miss out...
You don't need Mugs Ruby!
Just press a after the Day & Night has unpacked the stuff.
If it doesn't work, try another ROM.
  #904    
Old October 27th, 2009 (12:34 PM).
Master Terrador's Avatar
Master Terrador Master Terrador is offline
Welcome to the Underworld!
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Lost in my mind
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Posts: 1,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
I'd vote for yes
HG/SS ones are very cool .)
Except for some of them that is.
Inserting all those would be nice and tedious.
The distortion of antimatter signifies the dark one's arrival
Dragonadopters | Friend codes | Prism | Snakewood | Life of Guardians| Credits
  #905    
Old October 27th, 2009 (2:22 PM).
destinedjagold's Avatar
destinedjagold destinedjagold is offline
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Silver Tier
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philippines
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Posts: 7,708
I am thinking of extending the beta a little bit to the 6th or 7th gym. So that probably means the new beta's gonna be delayed...
I am just wondering if it's okay with you guys?

Anyways, in the field of updates, still scripting all those minor things during my little free time.

Also, I need a castle interior tiles for the Leon Empire Castle. If anyone has a tileset, can you share it with me?

---oOo---

Quote:
Originally Posted by XD002 View Post
Let my thread invasion resume.xD
Beta 3 sounds interesting so far.
And those tiles on the mountain, Are they stairs?
Looking good, I Hope to see you regain your interest in hacking.
yah, those are the new stairs. I changed them 'cause I don't find stairs to be natural in climbing up/down from mountains. :\
and, yah, I regained interested a bit, which is enough to make some progress.
thanks~

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterman2332 View Post
yes it back thanks for new updates jagold
np~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas View Post
... now that LoG is back, will we use sprites mainly the HG/SS ones?
LoG's back? the hack wasn't paused or stopped, ya know. I made some progress during the thread was closed.
So I guess the proper term for this is, the thread of LoG's back. :D
sprites from HG/SS? The trainers or the PKMN sprites? :\

Quote:
Originally Posted by pako View Post
Your Game are The Greatest
I waiting for the Next Beta
thanks~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetto View Post
how to run game? I patch ruby us whit ips file and when i put in emulator that its analyzing and unpacking something and than nothing isnt hapening. help me.
after it unpacks, just click 'Z'(if Z's your 'A' button).

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebornosliw View Post
I have the same problem. I believe someone said I need the Ruby ROM with MUGS intro, but it's impossible to find...
Is there any way to make this patch compatible with a normal Ruby? For instance, is there a patch on PC that will put the MUGS intro into my Ruby ROM? Because seriously, this looks amazing, and I really don't want to miss out...
no. with or without the MUGS intro, it should work fine.
As H20 stated, just press the 'A' button.


FC: 0061-1111-6462
TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

  #906    
Old October 27th, 2009 (2:29 PM).
Master Terrador's Avatar
Master Terrador Master Terrador is offline
Welcome to the Underworld!
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Lost in my mind
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Posts: 1,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by destinedjagold View Post
I am thinking of extending the beta a little bit to the 6th or 7th gym. So that probably means the new beta's gonna be delayed...
I am just wondering if it's okay with you guys?

Anyways, in the field of updates, still scripting all those minor things during my little free time.

Also, I need a castle interior tiles for the Leon Empire Castle. If anyone has a tileset, can you share it with me?

---oOo---



yah, those are the new stairs. I changed them 'cause I don't find stairs to be natural in climbing up/down from mountains. :\
and, yah, I regained interested a bit, which is enough to make some progress.
thanks~
I Agree with those stairs, It seemed unnatural seeing stairs on a mountain. :\
Thats nice to see you regaining interest, and its nice to extend the beta 3, More content is nice.
The distortion of antimatter signifies the dark one's arrival
Dragonadopters | Friend codes | Prism | Snakewood | Life of Guardians| Credits
  #907    
Old October 27th, 2009 (2:29 PM).
SonicBlazePlatinum's Avatar
SonicBlazePlatinum SonicBlazePlatinum is offline
/)^3^(\
Silver Tier
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cloudsdale, Equestria
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 1,041
I think it's okay that you're extending the beta to the 6th/7th gym, I'd like to play more of the game. The Leon Empire is where the empire knights will be right? Well have a good day, peace out!
Also known as SentryBronyPlatinum or Shadowbolt Pegasus.
  #908    
Old October 27th, 2009 (2:38 PM).
Quest's Avatar
Quest Quest is offline
Veteran Roleplayer
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: May 2009
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Posts: 967
Send a message via Skype™ to Quest
Your hacks are pretty good ,but my question is :is reign of legends a finished hack now ? Sorry for the stupid question
// Bae'd to Kikpanther //
  #909    
Old October 27th, 2009 (8:14 PM).
trebornosliw's Avatar
trebornosliw trebornosliw is offline
Learning
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Posts: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O Turquoise View Post
You don't need Mugs Ruby!
Just press a after the Day & Night has unpacked the stuff.
If it doesn't work, try another ROM.
Didn't work, but I've tried loading up the clean rom and I think I know what the problem is, something about the internal clock battery? I don't think it runs properly with VBA, could that be affecting the day/night system? If so, how do I fix it? Anyway, I"m asking this because this hack looks awesome, and I also really wanted to play Rescue Rangers, but I have the same problem.
Credit for my avatar goes to the Lego company.
  #910    
Old October 27th, 2009 (9:29 PM).
destinedjagold's Avatar
destinedjagold destinedjagold is offline
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Silver Tier
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philippines
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Posts: 7,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by XD002 View Post
I Agree with those stairs, It seemed unnatural seeing stairs on a mountain. :\
Thats nice to see you regaining interest, and its nice to extend the beta 3, More content is nice.
yeah...
I see. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBlazePlatinum View Post
I think it's okay that you're extending the beta to the 6th/7th gym, I'd like to play more of the game. The Leon Empire is where the empire knights will be right? Well have a good day, peace out!
Thanks.
And yes, the Leon Empire's the place where the Empire Knights are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkeith View Post
Your hacks are pretty good ,but my question is :is reign of legends a finished hack now ? Sorry for the stupid question
Yeah, although it has a lot of glitches, it's done. :\

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebornosliw View Post
Didn't work, but I've tried loading up the clean rom and I think I know what the problem is, something about the internal clock battery? I don't think it runs properly with VBA, could that be affecting the day/night system? If so, how do I fix it? Anyway, I"m asking this because this hack looks awesome, and I also really wanted to play Rescue Rangers, but I have the same problem.
=3


FC: 0061-1111-6462
TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

  #911    
Old October 27th, 2009 (11:57 PM).
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
Memento Mori
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Posts: 13,829
It's better to have expanded beta
Go for it djg
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
  #912    
Old October 28th, 2009 (12:09 AM).
12345's Avatar
12345 12345 is offline
Sky
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Posts: 408
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to 12345
Well, you're back, djg.
When I play your game, Hero must back to the previous places many times. And I think it's not good. :\
Anyway, Good luck with your hack. :D
(Sorry about my English =.=)


Favorite Pokemon Game: GBA-Emerald, DS-Platinum, Dungeon-Red/Blue, Ranger - Guardian Signs
  #913    
Old October 28th, 2009 (4:34 AM).
trebornosliw's Avatar
trebornosliw trebornosliw is offline
Learning
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Posts: 523
...
Well that was bloody unhelpful. Seriously though, this is a problem I've had with every single one of your games. Does anyone know if it's related to the internal clock battery? Do I need to find a new ROM?
Credit for my avatar goes to the Lego company.
  #914    
Old October 28th, 2009 (5:04 AM).
Sarcastic Prince's Avatar
Sarcastic Prince Sarcastic Prince is offline
Starting anew...
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kwun Tong Mountains
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Posts: 3,074
Wow, it's back? Awesome.
Anyways, if Ryan and Kevin have Gary and Gold Sprites, then why don't you make their
OWs the same manner aswell? Just a suggestion, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345 View Post
Well, you're back, djg.
When I play your game, Hero must back to the previous places many times. And I think it's not good. :\
Anyway, Good luck with your hack. :D
(Sorry about my English =.=)
Actually, Sky, it's good because it would be different than other Hacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebornosliw View Post
...
Well that was bloody unhelpful. Seriously though, this is a problem I've had with every single one of your games. Does anyone know if it's related to the internal clock battery? Do I need to find a new ROM?
I'll answer your question.
No, it's non-related to the Internal Clock Battery.

And what problem do you have?

Mind posting a few screens so that I can answer it?
I am now an anime dubber, cover singer and a fan of anime. I can still apply as a translator and grammar corrector, though.
  #915    
Old October 28th, 2009 (10:18 AM).
Master Terrador's Avatar
Master Terrador Master Terrador is offline
Welcome to the Underworld!
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Lost in my mind
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Posts: 1,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebornosliw View Post
...
Well that was bloody unhelpful. Seriously though, this is a problem I've had with every single one of your games. Does anyone know if it's related to the internal clock battery? Do I need to find a new ROM?
Ok...You Can't play it.
So what do you see on VBA?
If it would have anything to do with the internal clock it would be you don't have it set to real time clock.
I Don't really understand your problem though?
The distortion of antimatter signifies the dark one's arrival
Dragonadopters | Friend codes | Prism | Snakewood | Life of Guardians| Credits
  #916    
Old October 28th, 2009 (11:16 AM).
trebornosliw's Avatar
trebornosliw trebornosliw is offline
Learning
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Posts: 523
Okay, so here's the problem. When I start the game, this happens:
1. The day/night system unpacks, okay, that's fine.
2. The entire screen goes black (so no use posting screenies, I'm afraid) and refuses to respond to input.
Anyone know what the problem is? I'm dying to play this hack, it looks absolutely amazing. Kudos to you destinedjagold!
Credit for my avatar goes to the Lego company.
  #917    
Old October 28th, 2009 (12:20 PM).
miksy91's Avatar
miksy91 miksy91 is offline
Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: A small country in the North
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 1,356
How far does this hack actually take since you "planned" to include elite four in it too ?
My Rom Hack




Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
  #918    
Old October 28th, 2009 (9:36 PM). Edited October 28th, 2009 by destinedjagold.
destinedjagold's Avatar
destinedjagold destinedjagold is offline
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Silver Tier
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philippines
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Posts: 7,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345 View Post
Well, you're back, djg.
When I play your game, Hero must back to the previous places many times. And I think it's not good. :\
Anyway, Good luck with your hack. :D
(Sorry about my English =.=)
Sorry about that. Yeah, the PLAYER does go back and forth towards far places. I did that on purpose, since I was inspired to do so from the Digimon World 3 game.
And don't worry about your English. =3

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebornosliw View Post
...
Well that was bloody unhelpful. Seriously though, this is a problem I've had with every single one of your games. Does anyone know if it's related to the internal clock battery? Do I need to find a new ROM?
The reply I gave you was actually a link towards a thread on how to fix the internal clock thingy.
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by destinedjagold View Post


Quote:
Originally Posted by trebornosliw View Post
Okay, so here's the problem. When I start the game, this happens:
1. The day/night system unpacks, okay, that's fine.
2. The entire screen goes black (so no use posting screenies, I'm afraid) and refuses to respond to input.
Anyone know what the problem is? I'm dying to play this hack, it looks absolutely amazing. Kudos to you destinedjagold!
Maybe your Ruby ROM isn't compatible with the patch, maybe?
Try downloading a new Ruby ROM from other sites.
As far as I know, there are three different types of Ruby ROMs out there.
1 is the MUG-less intro Ruby ROM. Second is the ordinary MUGS Ruby ROM and the third is the MUGS intro Ruby ROM that works with Explorers of the Sky, which is 12345's hack. :\

Quote:
Originally Posted by miksy91 View Post
How far does this hack actually take since you "planned" to include elite four in it too ?
Patience is a virtue. Do keep in mind that us ROM hackers also has real lives to deal with. =3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruka Prince View Post
Wow, it's back? Awesome.
Anyways, if Ryan and Kevin have Gary and Gold Sprites, then why don't you make their
OWs the same manner aswell? Just a suggestion, I guess.
They already have their respective OW's. =3


FC: 0061-1111-6462
TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

  #919    
Old October 28th, 2009 (10:12 PM).
miksy91's Avatar
miksy91 miksy91 is offline
Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: A small country in the North
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 1,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by destinedjagold View Post

Patience is a virtue. Do keep in mind that us ROM hackers also has real lives to deal with. =3

I didn't actually mean that.
I just asked if you had nearly finished it already or does it for example have another region in it ?
My Rom Hack




Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
  #920    
Old October 29th, 2009 (2:16 AM).
Nicolas's Avatar
Nicolas Nicolas is offline
O c t o j a R e j s t r o m
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Philippines
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Naive
Posts: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by destinedjagold View Post

LoG's back? the hack wasn't paused or stopped, ya know. I made some progress during the thread was closed.
So I guess the proper term for this is, the thread of LoG's back. :D
sprites from HG/SS? The trainers or the PKMN sprites? :\
I think so :D
both of them, trainers and PKMN... are we gonna use them?
  #921    
Old October 29th, 2009 (3:01 AM).
destinedjagold's Avatar
destinedjagold destinedjagold is offline
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Silver Tier
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philippines
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Posts: 7,708
Okay, time for updates.
Wow, it took me quite some time to finish one single script. :\
Sigh... Life... Aw well...
Anyways, I added a new event in Garden Field.
Here are some screenies of the event.


Oh, by the way...
When the new beta comes, you all have to start a new game for you to activate some new added events early in the game, and the early event changes, like the event where you choose your starter, since I changed that as well.

---oOo---

Quote:
Originally Posted by miksy91 View Post
I didn't actually mean that.
I just asked if you had nearly finished it already or does it for example have another region in it ?
Oh, I see. Then my bad.
Well, No... not yet. There's a full chapter in the story where the PLAYER won't be getting any badges, or in this hack, symbols, 'cause the PLAYER will either stop the evil group once and for all, or join the evil group to bring chaos all throughout the region.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas View Post
I think so :D
both of them, trainers and PKMN... are we gonna use them?
About the trainer sprites, I'll think about them.
About the PKMN sprites, maybe some. Though it's tiring to index them all so maybe later on when I can be bothered.

---oOo---




FC: 0061-1111-6462
TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

  #922    
Old October 29th, 2009 (4:51 AM).
Nicolas's Avatar
Nicolas Nicolas is offline
O c t o j a R e j s t r o m
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Philippines
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Naive
Posts: 401
The new events look nice... and the OW sprite too :3
Where do I base the Angellean OW sprite from? the old one or from an OW sprite from Mystery Dungeon?
  #923    
Old October 29th, 2009 (4:57 AM).
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
Memento Mori
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Posts: 13,829
Yay Gabby :D
She (???) is very cute as an OW :D
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
  #924    
Old October 29th, 2009 (5:35 AM).
Sarcastic Prince's Avatar
Sarcastic Prince Sarcastic Prince is offline
Starting anew...
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kwun Tong Mountains
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Posts: 3,074
So you have the OWs for Kelvin and Ryan, huh?
Well, are there OWs for Claire and the Gym Leaders? (I forgot the name for the
Gym Leaders in LoG, so... I'll say Gym Leaders for now.)

Oh, and great updates by the way.
I am now an anime dubber, cover singer and a fan of anime. I can still apply as a translator and grammar corrector, though.
  #925    
Old October 29th, 2009 (6:51 AM).
destinedjagold's Avatar
destinedjagold destinedjagold is offline
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Silver Tier
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philippines
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Posts: 7,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas View Post
The new events look nice... and the OW sprite too :3
Where do I base the Angellean OW sprite from? the old one or from an OW sprite from Mystery Dungeon?
Crosell already made Angeallen's new OW. =3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Yay Gabby :D
She (???) is very cute as an OW :D
Thanks. =3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruka Prince View Post
So you have the OWs for Kelvin and Ryan, huh?
Well, are there OWs for Claire and the Gym Leaders? (I forgot the name for the
Gym Leaders in LoG, so... I'll say Gym Leaders for now.)

Oh, and great updates by the way.
Claire's OW and battle sprites will stay as is for the time being, though. =3


FC: 0061-1111-6462
TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

Closed Thread Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


  All times are GMT -8. The time now is 9:45 AM.


Contact Us Archive Privacy Statement Terms of Service Top