Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Reload this Page Ruby [Hack of the Year 2011] Pokémon Ruby Destiny - Life of Guardians

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old April 18th, 2012 (01:45 PM).
Don't think, feel.

Nature: Relaxed
Just a heads up, in the first post it says "The third sequel of the Ruby Destiny Series" when it should say that it's the second sequel or "The third entry of the Ruby Destiny series".
Old April 18th, 2012 (11:01 PM).
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
Quote originally posted by machomuu:
Just a heads up, in the first post it says "The third sequel of the Ruby Destiny Series" when it should say that it's the second sequel or "The third entry of the Ruby Destiny series".
I'll change it then.

Quote originally posted by Kirby39:
Yay! ULTIMA CITY!
Uh, on the topic of Gento, out of interest, how much of Gento do you plan to add to LoG?
Not really sure.
It depends if I feel like adding them though. They don't hold any value, aside from visiting only.

FC: 0061-1111-6462
TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

Old April 18th, 2012 (11:39 PM).
Frosty

Quote originally posted by destinedjagold:

Not really sure.
It depends if I feel like adding them though. They don't hold any value, aside from visiting only.
You should add some things to them, even if it's just something small. Like a sidequest, Pokemon/item that you can't get anywhere else, so there's actually a point in going there. ;)
Old April 19th, 2012 (07:12 AM).

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by Cryogonal:

You should add some things to them, even if it's just something small. Like a sidequest, Pokemon/item that you can't get anywhere else, so there's actually a point in going there.

Good idea...
Hmm...Maybe there could be an event where Dark Lugia returns and you can catch it?
...Or the Celebi from RoL could show up and send you to an event from RoL...Like the Cherrygrove City one with Dark Isle? You could get Dark Lugia there, too...
Gento Gym Leader battles?
....Uh...I'm not really sure.
Anyone else have any ideas?
Old April 19th, 2012 (11:38 PM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
Well since Gento is supposed to be destroyed and is supposed to recover from the Shadow Accident I don't think DJG has so much possibilities to add something from there =D

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old April 20th, 2012 (06:20 AM). Edited April 20th, 2012 by garjora.
Ambassador of the Cosmos

Nature: Lonely
Question. Why do we need this "Sappy" to listen to the music from the game? Can't you just upload the music into a folder or a rar and just upload it to mediafire? I see no point in installing a program I know nothing about and I really like the music from the game. What a dilemma.

Old April 20th, 2012 (10:37 AM).
Bug reporter

Nature: Gentle
I found an error

And i'm a good bug reporter. Contact me if you want :D

Old April 20th, 2012 (11:57 AM).

hey guys, i heard about this ruby hacks, so i played reign of legends, but didn't finish it D : sorry, but, now this one comes in, with sinnoh (and unova pokemon i think) in, so, this might be some kind of dumb question, but, do pokemon like riolu/lucario, and others from 4th gen towards, some of them have their original cries (the sound they make when they enter in battle) like flora sky or just random cries for those and fakemon?
Old April 20th, 2012 (12:05 PM).

I'd like to know why this one starts for me, it goes "analyzing" and all of that fun stuff, then when it is about to put me into the game, my character goes white and it freezes. If anyone can help that'd be awesome, if someone could supply a specific rom I'd need to use, that could also be good.
Old April 20th, 2012 (05:46 PM).
I play for keeps!

Quote originally posted by Gold011:
hey guys, i heard about this ruby hacks, so i played reign of legends, but didn't finish it D : sorry, but, now this one comes in, with sinnoh (and unova pokemon i think) in, so, this might be some kind of dumb question, but, do pokemon like riolu/lucario, and others from 4th gen towards, some of them have their original cries (the sound they make when they enter in battle) like flora sky or just random cries for those and fakemon?
If I remember correctly, Rain of Guardians had no cries altered (so it was the cry of the pokemon it replaced), but this game has the new pokemon's actual cry.
Old April 20th, 2012 (11:06 PM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
Yes, they have the right cries.

Quote originally posted by InstantRockstar:
I'd like to know why this one starts for me, it goes "analyzing" and all of that fun stuff, then when it is about to put me into the game, my character goes white and it freezes. If anyone can help that'd be awesome, if someone could supply a specific rom I'd need to use, that could also be good.
You have wrong ROM.
You need to patch another one.

Quote originally posted by Projectwolfie:
If I remember correctly, Rain of Guardians had no cries altered (so it was the cry of the pokemon it replaced), but this game has the new pokemon's actual cry.
Rain of Guardians?

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old April 21st, 2012 (01:55 AM).
Ambassador of the Cosmos

Nature: Lonely
So I just finished the game and overall I enjoyed it. I'll probably train and do the Tower of Fate.

In any case i'll just repeat my question incase you miss it:

Why do we need this "Sappy" to listen to the music from the game? Can't you just upload the music into a folder or a rar and just upload it to mediafire? I see no point in installing a program I know nothing about and I really like the music from the game. What a dilemma.

"Living in a Distorted World"

Old April 21st, 2012 (04:37 AM).

Right now I'm before the whole Leon Empire Castle event nd I've noticed all the trainers disappeared! I used to check Trainer's Eyes to see who is ready for battle but all these trainers are gone! BTW Why can I register only 31 phone numbers?
Where is the TM selling NPC in Fruit's Basket?
Old April 21st, 2012 (04:51 AM).

Quote originally posted by Ash493:

Yes, they have the right cries.

You have wrong ROM.
You need to patch another one.

Rain of Guardians?
ok, thanks, that's what i wanted to hear, going to download it ASAP, oh, also, i saw in youtube, some events in game, and the oponents level ar like 90-100, so, any tips for training when i'll be about to reach those events?
Old April 21st, 2012 (08:24 AM).
Don't think, feel.

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by Projectwolfie:
Um...by any chance do you mean "Reign of Legends"?
Old April 21st, 2012 (08:51 AM).

If I could make a suggestion Destinjagold, could you possibly put what any new evolutions are for pokemon that you changed? It would be very helpful.
Also, this is the team I decided to put together for this rom hack. Are these pokemon available?

Charmander
Nidoran (Male)
Porygon (All the way to PorygonZ?)
Spheal
Larvitar
Evee (Want to evolve into Espeon)

EDIT: I just read that moon stones are apparently not obtainable in this hack...so how would I go about getting a Nidoking?
Old April 21st, 2012 (08:53 AM). Edited April 22nd, 2012 by Kirby39.

Quote originally posted by Monolito:
Right now I'm before the whole Leon Empire Castle event nd I've noticed all the trainers disappeared! I used to check Trainer's Eyes to see who is ready for battle but all these trainers are gone! BTW Why can I register only 31 phone numbers?
Where is the TM selling NPC in Fruit's Basket?
[B] [COLOR="MediumTurquoise"] Probably because Jagold changed all the trainers...
You can find the TM seller by going through the empire entrance, following the small path to the top and turning right.

Yay! I found the screenshot button!
Now I have, I can show the glitches I found...You can fix them if you want..They should be easy to fix. Most are tile errors, and the first ones are other things...
Spoiler:

~#There's May on a bike around Whirl Islands...

~#Also, Snorunt's evolutions have different Growth Rates than Snorunt. It makes them decrease in level upon evolution.

~#Eevee's evolutions have different Growth Rates.

~#You can find wild Roselia in the sea in both Oceanshine City and the Silver Desert...

The tiles around Oceania Sea, the one near Whirl Islands sometimes majorly glitch up before you can go there. (This is my second playthrough)

Garden Field, Ruby script, shop not working.

If you speak to the ship, it goes to the menu, and doing anything on this screen freezes the game...

You can't walk up here...

Dusk Mountain-Tiles stop here...

Mineral Cave-Same as above.

Garden Field-Border visible.

Green Leaf-Border visible

Mineral Cave-Tiles stop at edge...

Ice's Edge Path-Border visible.

Leon Empire-Electric stairs.

None of these machines heal your Pokemon.

Rainbow City tile error.

Rainleaf Town-Border visible

Safari Zone, border visible.

Path gets cut off at the top of the stand.

Path disappears under daycare building.

Old April 21st, 2012 (09:40 AM).
Bug reporter

Ehy jagold I found 2 error:

And i'm a good bug reporter. Contact me if you want :D

Old April 21st, 2012 (08:57 PM).

hi, im having a problem. VBA isnt saving all the time. im using both ways to save, the regualr was with the ingame menu and the shift- F1 way.
can any help me with this ?
Old April 22nd, 2012 (01:16 AM). Edited April 22nd, 2012 by Monolito.

[B] [COLOR="MediumTurquoise"] Probably because Jagold changed all the trainers...
You can find the TM seller by going through the empire entrance, following the small path to the top and turning right.
He changes all the trainers? How? After the whole Giratina-Leon Empire incident all the NPCs "in the wild" disappeared :/ I've double checked it - the TM NPC ain't there. I don't see any of the other trainers. I hope it's all because of Giratina's actions because if the game glitched big on me again, I'll scream!
Old April 22nd, 2012 (04:07 AM). Edited April 22nd, 2012 by Kirby39.

Quote originally posted by Damned:
If I could make a suggestion Destinjagold, could you possibly put what any new evolutions are for pokemon that you changed? It would be very helpful.
Also, this is the team I decided to put together for this rom hack. Are these pokemon available?

Charmander
Nidoran (Male)
Porygon (All the way to PorygonZ?)
Spheal
Larvitar
Evee (Want to evolve into Espeon)

EDIT: I just read that moon stones are apparently not obtainable in this hack...so how would I go about getting a Nidoking?

Okay, Charmander is, Nidoran isn't. Neither is Porygon. Spheal isn't but Eevee is. No Pokemon that evolve with Moon Stones are in this game.

Okay, uh, there's a video of the Hevah Dex here...Only difference is that
Tropius replaces Ditto now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZeaF6ikGvw&context=C474d5b2ADvjVQa1PpcFPrcbFCbLLqNgZrC12isK6BVoU1hGWq0T0=
Uhm, you can get a few Pokemon outside the Hevah Dex after the game, however, but only a few.

A couple of pages ago I answered a very similar question.
Sure. Umm..
Fakemon with Evolutions.
Spoiler:
Furruny -> Guibit @lv.18
Flurrel -> Frozzel @lv.25
Frozzel -> Nevidrel @lv.48
Exeggutor -> Exegglent w/Sun Stone
Dunsparce -> Dunspargo @lv.34
Volbeat -> Beatote @lv.25
Illumise -> Illaimant @lv.25
Skarmory -> Skarmiger @lv.35
Baby Lugia -> Lugia w/Max Happiness
Terrange -> Eloatank @lv.30 if Attack > Defense
Terrange -> Hulkwell @lv.30 if Attack = Defense
Terrange -> Terrapul @lv.30 if Attack < Defense
Chirpich -> Touclipse @lv.25

Pokemon with alternate Evolution methods.
Spoiler:
Yanma -> Yanmega @lv.25
Magneton -> Magnezone @lv.42
Roselia -> Roserade w/Sun Stone
Graveler -> Golem @lv.45
Snorunt -> Glalie @lv.25
Snorunt -> Froslass w/Sun Stone
Scyther -> Scizor @lv.25
Onix -> Steelix @lv.40
Misdreavus -> Mismagius @lv.27
Horsea -> Seadra @lv.25
Seadra -> Kingdra @lv.35
Sneasel -> Weavile w/ max happiness @ Night

Quote originally posted by Monolito:
He changes all the trainers? How? After the whole Giratina-Leon Empire incident all the NPCs "in the wild" disappeared :/ I've double checked it - the TM NPC ain't there. I don't see any of the other trainers. I hope it's all because of Giratina's actions because if the game glitched big on me again, I'll scream!

GIRATINA KILLED THE TM NPC!
... ... ...
Hm...That's odd. After I beat the game MORE trainers appeared...
I meant he moved them around, changed their Pokemon, Replaced unneeded trainers for events. Don't worry about the PokeGear. It's messed up a bit...
Old April 22nd, 2012 (05:01 AM). Edited April 22nd, 2012 by Gold011.

hey guys, i have another question, how i can evolve kirlia into gallade and sneasel into weavile?, how do i get an eevee?
EDIT: i forgot to say, how i can get a sneasel?
Old April 22nd, 2012 (05:08 AM).
I'm back, broz :)

This is a cool game!!!
It deserves its place being HoTY!!
Congrats!!!!
Old April 22nd, 2012 (05:51 AM).

hey guys, i have another question, how i can evolve kirlia into gallade and sneasel into weavile?, how do i get an eevee?
EDIT: i forgot to say, how i can get a sneasel?
Sneasels are found on Low Point Path and White Path.
Look at my spoiler "Pokemon with alternate evolution methods"
Gallade isn't in this game.
Old April 22nd, 2012 (07:20 AM). Edited April 22nd, 2012 by Damned.

Well that sucks, those are some of my favorite pokemon .
Re-Worked my team here we go

Charmander (Charizard)
Snorunt(Froslass)
Scyther (Scizor)
Evee (Espeon)
Larvitar (Tyrannitar)
Horsea (Kingdra)

How long will I have to wait in the game until I get all these pokemon I want? I really do not want to have to wait until 95% of the game is done to get these guys...

EDIT: I just realized that froslass is a 4th gen pokemon....so will it not have moves that were introduced in that gen?

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)