The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner Go here to Roleplay (RP) about ANYTHING. Enjoy joining and creating RPs.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 13th, 2011, 06:01 AM
Doctor
& time lord

Nature: Naive
@ Dia - you liked Darkrai's balloon? :D Yeah... it was fun to play as a human-turned-into-pokémon actually... but eventually it was just me, Michaela and Nakuzami (I think?) playing, you others vanished :| so I closed it. Might start a pokétransformation RP again some day :3

What has been your favorite RP you have ever been apart of (or are currently in, if that happens to be your favorite)?

Oh, fun! Currently, it's Pokémon: A Fresh Start, because FINALLY I managed to create a character that's just so much fun to write about, and the structure and setting and pokémon to available for capture is just awesome~
But if I may say so, I do love *Foreigners just as much 8D Even though I'm not a player, but the GM. Perhaps I've finally found a way to make a fun and free enough journey RP in Kanto <3

Before now though, the RP I've been having the most fun in is still a journey RP started by... Konokodemon perhaps? I can't even remember its name, but it was very similar to Foreigners and we didn't get further than to Viridian, but we had lots of fun.

And maybe the most fun I've had until Foreigners and A Fresh Start came along... Rockets Rising. Ok, ok, it was my own RP as well... *shot* XD But I loved our interactions and the intrigues and the players and... I think it died mostly because of me, because I went inactive over the summer. Too bad ;;

trust me, I am the Doctor !
Auspistice | Matesprit | Moirail | Kismesis

roleplays | CROSSROADS & DigiDestined
fanclub | HOMESTUCK

Old December 13th, 2011, 07:16 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
What has been your favorite RP you have ever been apart of (or are currently in, if that happens to be your favorite)?

A lot of things~

Ye Olde Pokemone Journeye', but it was my fault that it sorta....died. xD
But, I'll make a new one with new schematics someday!

TWEWY Kanto Chronicals also~ Because my character was awesome *___* and I also love how we were able to solve clues and stuff. :3

Foreginers is also fun, because I also made another cool character there~~
And, Rika's doing a good job GMing it~ :3

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old December 13th, 2011, 01:05 PM
Nakuzami
Together . . . always.
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Jolly
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond1304 View Post
Actually I had an idea about Arceus' plates and all that. It's got something to do with humans with Pokemon powers. Has anyone watched Sorcerer's Apprentice? The plates will act like the ring shown from the movie and they unlock the person's inner powers. But that's my idea, no stealing it, lol. XD

Well um realistically speaking, the plates can only be found in Sinnoh. You need to give a good reason why they have been magically moved to other regions. It's not like they can walk on their own and they've been buried underground lol. xD

Region Reviving is exactly this sort of thing. Region goes into war, big boom of death and poverty, region is destroyed and then region begins to build back up. See how exactly it is with this Great War idea?

They Arceus plates can also be found in the Abyssal Ruins of Unova. :P

Ooooooh, so that's what it is. /feels stupid naow

Spoiler:
Quote:
Also I have a question regarding the megauberultratectonically ginormous RP idea, is it a must to make them all themed the same? That would be like 5 major boring RPs. Why not make each of them different from one another and then having a sequel which incorporates elements from those five? I mean I don't think we want 5 wars or 5 tournaments or 5 crazy calamities, do we? x3

Oh and I have a crazy stupid idea. Some Team Yadahayadah is trying to create Pokextinction and the chosen Trainers have to fight them. Team Yadahayadah has overthrown the current league and they control the high influential Trainer positions ir gym leaders and E4. The chosen ones used to be grand trainers until Team Yadahayadah took away their Pokemon for slaughter or whatever and they're left with 2 of their weakest Lv 5 mons that Team Yadahayadah decided not to take. So its like they have to restart their journey from scratch but with a higher level of difficulty than before as Team Yadahayadah isn't gonna back down easily obv.

Well, I have suggested that we tone it down to fitting the regions into 1 or 2 RPs, seeing as we will have a maximum of 15 RPers, and spreading 15 RPers over 5 RPers could be . . . um, overkill perhaps?

That idea sounds . . . plausible, but I don't know if it'd be . . . well, for one that would make the RPers expert trainers, and I think I like it better with them being novices, although it would make more sense for the expert trainers to go on this quest to save everything, although that would mean that they've already been defeated once . . . ooooh, all the more region for wanting to exact their revenge?

Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemongarnet View Post
THEN
Three decades ago, the world plunged into a world war. The cause of the war can be traced back to when Arceus revealed itself to the Sinnoh region giving them his legendary plates. The other regions were enraged and envious that Arceus hadn't graced their land or settled there. These small differences only escalated as the regions began to point out more and more things that they viewed as injustice, and they all had a strong desire for the plates. They preceded to fall into full scale warfare, risking everything for the power contained by the plates. As their economies all began to plunge into recessions, and their people killed they decided to cut their losses and come to a compromise. They would distribute the plates evenly in 3's, leaving one plunged into the depths of the sea. All the while during the region's 20 year war, crime organizations began to unite under a similar goal: power over the world(#cliches). As long as they had collective power, they would each be able to maintain power over their region. After the end of the war, their power lessened and they returned to their former power. Each of them putting on a semblance of dormancy. Pokemon Leagues in each of the regions were put on hold, because the regions banned this, as they thought that their population should be focused on producing war goods, or enlisting in the military.

NOW
The leagues began to come back into existence because the regions thought that it would ease them back into cooperation. Trainers were still uncommon but it became much more popular. The regions decided to host a tournament for the top trainers in the league on a man made island, that was in the center of all the regions. An unrelated business decided to sponsor the tournament and include a cash prize for the winner. But under this innocent guise stirs evil...

Sounds pretty good, I guess. Although, the very last part I think we should nix, seeing as the tournament is meant for the sequel. For now, everyone will just be exploring their respective regions.
I think this, mixed with elements from some other ideas, could work. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supervegeta View Post
Lol, I love seeing an idea come together. But something I love even more is watching it completely fall apart into chaos and confusion...err...not that I'm saying this will. xD
. . . *Looks around* . . . Good job, Supervegeta; there is now a Jynx wandering across this thread. You have doomed us all.

Um . . . oh, I'm not sure. I still think that the very first RP I was ever in was pretty good. Currently, *Foreigners is very fun, and I find it entertaining to play as Shun. :3 Others that I should probably mention would be Focus Shift & the sequel, Focus Shift: A New Awakening, Rockets' Rising, UNDERGROUND: Kanto Chronicles, and quite a few others. :3

Yes, Red, where did that balloon ever go to? Where did it go? You must tellz us~! :>
Old December 13th, 2011, 02:16 PM
ODSTmarine
Now XLegionxX

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakuzami View Post

Well, I have suggested that we tone it down to fitting the regions into 1 or 2 RPs, seeing as we will have a maximum of 15 RPers, and spreading 15 RPers over 5 RPers could be . . . um, overkill perhaps?
Wouldn't it be over kill if you taker half of 15 (7.5) RPers
And split them up in half of the regions. They'd be spread pretty thin per region.

======
={Mark Vargas}=
"One man can change the world with a bullet in the right place."PC Bothers: xXJumboShrimpXx ,Zapdos926
PC Sisters: Fortworth96
Old December 13th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Nakuzami
Together . . . always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODSTmarine View Post
Wouldn't it be over kill if you taker half of 15 (7.5) RPers
And split them up in half of the regions. They'd be spread pretty thin per region.
Damn, I noticed a typo in my post thanks to your quoting me. I fear that if I try to fix it, all of my beautiful spoilers and quotes shall break, so I won't. xD

Well, three RPers per region . . . I figured that GMs would not count towards this total, and I was thinking that RPers could have 2 characters if they wished, although they'd travel in different regions(the 2 characters, I mean).
If we raise the limit much more, I fear that the sequel, and perhaps the RPs, could be overwhelmed. Or . . . not, if we do it right, but why risk it, lol?
Old December 13th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Skymin
the knight

I do miss Underground as well, it's sad that there were really only three people who were interested in it. ): If I could get maybe 3 or 4 teams, I would be prepared to start it up again. It's so hard with those kinds of roleplays though where you have to RELY on your partner to post, otherwise you're screwed.

But my most missed? I loved the original Uprising, Focus Shift was really great too, Hydroxylatite was fantastic, but mainly I miss my own Misfits!

GOODBYE MY FRIENDS ILL MISS YOU :'( / being human finale
my art blogi'll draw your character for $5!tumblr
Moderator of the Roleplay Corner / Atlantis Awakening / Paired with firelordyago
Old December 13th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Otherworld9)
Bard of Rage

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Otherworld9) Send a message via Skype™ to Otherworld9)

Well, I'm barely new to the RP so.....my very first Roleplay is Foreigners, and I really love it. It's the only one I'm playing in now. I also think that First Contact is pretty amazing when it comes to plot. I got room to join 2 more roleplays, since school isn't as heavy on me as I thought it would. My exams, for the semester I mean, start 2 or 3 weeks after Winter Break, so I got a lot of time on my shoulders.
Old December 13th, 2011, 03:46 PM
ODSTmarine
Now XLegionxX

@nkzm so then, would the 3 people in the region eventually meet the others from the other region in the one RP

======
={Mark Vargas}=
"One man can change the world with a bullet in the right place."PC Bothers: xXJumboShrimpXx ,Zapdos926
Old December 13th, 2011, 04:29 PM
The Final Watchman
The Reaper

Location: Either on the clock tower with friends or the beach
Nature: Docile
Send a message via Yahoo to The Final Watchman Send a message via Skype™ to The Final Watchman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supervegeta View Post

Hmm, I actually have several that were my favorites. Focus Shift and Misfits were definitely the top 2 yet there was also an old Digimon RP by Charizard man I was in.

Also on another note, what roleplays are currently accepting characters?
Old December 13th, 2011, 04:41 PM
Wymsical
V.S. The Wymsical Champion

Nature: Relaxed
Oh my god. I'm not even going to read all the posts on page 104.

My favorite RP? The most fun is Percy Jackson, but it's failing. You people really need to post! You have time for Foreigners and Leg. Rebels II, what about old Percy?

Links To Be Added Soon
Old December 13th, 2011, 06:02 PM
ODSTmarine
Now XLegionxX

@TFW We still need Pokemon in stingrays First Contact. So that's one RP still accepting characters.

======
={Mark Vargas}=
Old December 13th, 2011, 09:10 PM
Diamond1304
Gym Leader

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakuzami View Post
Ooooooh, so that's what it is. /feels stupid naow
You aren't stupid. xP

Quote:
That idea sounds . . . plausible, but I don't know if it'd be . . . well, for one that would make the RPers expert trainers, and I think I like it better with them being novices, although it would make more sense for the expert trainers to go on this quest to save everything, although that would mean that they've already been defeated once . . . ooooh, all the more region for wanting to exact their revenge?
Oh I know how about expert Trainers coupled with their weakest Pokemon they had probably boxed immediately upon capture so we give them the bottom of the crop and they have to use their own knowledge to show that their Pokemon are not to be underestimated.

edit: Does anyone think that we should have some kind of Christmas event for this forum? The other forums have their own events planned for Christmas. Anyone has ideas about some kind of Christmas RP? Maybe we could RP as ourselves, lol. xD

Last edited by Diamond1304; December 14th, 2011 at 01:53 AM.
Old December 14th, 2011, 03:11 AM
Doctor
& time lord

Quote:
edit: Does anyone think that we should have some kind of Christmas event for this forum? The other forums have their own events planned for Christmas. Anyone has ideas about some kind of Christmas RP? Maybe we could RP as ourselves, lol. xD
My exam is written now. Give me an hour or so and I'll post a Christmas RP. I feel creative. XD

Done. A Yule (Christmas) tournament set on an island between the regions, complete with battlegrounds and a map XD (MS paint is your friend). But I don't want to GM another RP so I throw the idea (and possibly the craptacular map) at anyone else :3
The players would create their own teams of 6 pokés and the GM would set up the match-ups and referee the RP'd battles~ Chance or something would decide what battlefield gets used.

fanclub | HOMESTUCK

Last edited by Doctor; December 14th, 2011 at 03:50 AM.
Old December 14th, 2011, 04:35 AM
Skymin
the knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post

My exam is written now. Give me an hour or so and I'll post a Christmas RP. I feel creative. XD

Done. A Yule (Christmas) tournament set on an island between the regions, complete with battlegrounds and a map XD (MS paint is your friend). But I don't want to GM another RP so I throw the idea (and possibly the craptacular map) at anyone else :3
The players would create their own teams of 6 pokés and the GM would set up the match-ups and referee the RP'd battles~ Chance or something would decide what battlefield gets used.
I wouldn't mind joining a silly little tournament as such and playing as myself. Make it a little whimsical or just a play around thing, nothing too serious.

Moderator of the Roleplay Corner / Atlantis Awakening / Paired with firelordyago
Old December 14th, 2011, 04:40 AM
Doctor
& time lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skymin View Post
I wouldn't mind joining a silly little tournament as such and playing as myself. Make it a little whimsical or just a play around thing, nothing too serious.
Yeah, I thought so as well ^^ but like I said, I'm full up, so someone else should arrange it~

fanclub | HOMESTUCK

Old December 14th, 2011, 04:53 AM
Skymin
the knight

I vote Nakuzami since he seems to be wetting himself over organising some tourney deal.

Old December 14th, 2011, 05:26 AM
Doctor
& time lord

xD He has my vote too! All in favor?

fanclub | HOMESTUCK

Old December 14th, 2011, 06:16 AM
Diamond1304
Gym Leader

Nature: Adamant
Whatever that floats this boat, I guess...! xD I'm fine with anything~

Old December 14th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Wymsical

Quote:
WYMSICAL REFERENCE!

Quote:
I vote Nakuzami since he seems to be wetting himself over organising some tourney deal.
I concur. Vote Nakuzami for best bed-wetter now and get a free bagel.

Quote:
xD He has my vote too! All in favor?
Aye.

A Christmas RP, huh, maybe. We could include Scraggy Claus and his Teddiursa workers. Hah! Just wymsing things up! (OMG New catchphrase)

Links To Be Added Soon
Old December 14th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Nakuzami
Together . . . always.

Quote:
I'm going to eat you as well now, Maddy. -.-'
. . . so, what, like |||| votes for me already? My oh my, I don't know if I should hate you all for this xD

*Sigh* Whatever, lol. Red can send me her ideas/whatever she made for this if she so wishes. :P
Old December 14th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Blaziken15
You gotta purty mouth!

Nature: Hardy
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Blaziken15
I could do it. It sounds interesting and my work isn't ever known around here. I want a people to know who I am around here.
Old December 15th, 2011, 08:02 AM
Doctor
& time lord

Nah. I only had ideas. But either do a tournament where we get to choose a full team and just battle it out... or do a winterland story thing~ Like Skymin said, it can be silly. Have the players teleported to Santa's land and battle grinches or something there. It doesn't have to be pokémon related (although I like pokémon. I like pokémon. I likes-lkfjalkfdsfkawösl)

Anywhoo, I feel like showing off what I've been doing to avoid studying, lol. It's something I'll probably wait with posting until *Foreigners has finished so it might take quite a while (I hope) ^^ But still. I've never made up a region before, but I think it turned out quite well... (MS PAINT<3 LOL) I'm planning wild pokémon locations atm and I've made up gym leaders and all. The thing I can't seem to decide on (though, it's not really a hurry ^^) is whether it should be chaptered or more like *Foreigners. And whether I would be a player in it myself (mostly to steer the others instead of doing it via NPCs) or not. So........ what do you guys think? A cookie to the first to understand what theme the city names have ^^
And most important of all, is this something you feel that you'd like to participate in?

Spoiler:

of mythology and technology

Rated T

" ar·ca·num - n. pl. ar·ca·na (-n) or ar·ca·nums
1. A deep secret; a mystery.
2. often arcana; Specialized knowledge or detail that is mysterious to the average person.
3. A secret essence or remedy; an elixir.
"

[ map ]

Spoiler:

[ history ]

Spoiler:
Welcome to the region of Arcanum. It is truly a mysterious place. The legend says that a dimensional war in another land caused six strong pokémon to be accidentally cloned. The clones helped calming the war, but they were strangely colored and didn't feel like they belonged in this world. They set out to find a new home and stumbled upon the isolated island of Arcanum. This was one of the few places in the world where humans lived, but no pokémon. The six strangely colored pokémon made other pokémon come there and populate Arcanum. Eventually people and pokémon learned to live in peace, still isolated from the humans of the other regions.

Inevitably, other humans eventually landed on the shores of Arcanum, but not until 50 years ago. They discovered something remarkable: the whole region had shiny pokémon only. Here, normal colored pokémon were the rare ones. Immediately, work began to industrialize and modernize Arcanum. Rigorous help and donations was given from the other regions... in return, shiny pokémon were hunted and exported.

Nowadays, people pay great sums to travel to Arcanum and catch shiny pokémon. Arcanum seems to almost be split into two parts. The eastern part being heavily industrialized with growing cities, the western part where people still live their lives mostly like in the old days. They claim to still care more about each other than about being rich.

[ setting ]

Spoiler:
The region where this RP takes place is reminiscent of the feudal aged Japan when it comes to buildings, clothing, nature and kind of religion. Modern things such as machines (factories, cars, TVs), pokéballs, pokémon centers, mp3-players... you name it, they exist though, since a lot has been imported and more or less successfully implemented in the Arcanum culture over the last half century. Since it has been about 50 years, mostly only older people are shaking their heads at the modernities nowadays.

Every child born in Arcanum is given a birth sign, depending on what month they are born in. Ignore the strangeness with the isolated people of Arcanum having the same language and time measuring system as the rest of the world... it's just for convenience's sake. The birth sign is associated with one of the six guardian spirits of Arcanum, namely the six legendary beasts that are the clones from the myth. All over the region in the cities and along almost every road, there are shrines to where people go on a regular basis to pray and speak to their guardian. Over the last decades this tradition has gotten old, but most people in western Arcanum still do it.

You can rather easily differ between a true Arcanian and a foreigner. Arcanians have an Asian look while foreigners haven't (meaning, they could be Caucasian or anything else). This means your character in the RP will look asian, but they can still have any hair color and any eye color.

There are only shiny pokémon in the wild of Arcanum. Normal colored pokémon is a rarity that only foreign trainers have but often rather quickly replace when they see all the shinies. Shiny pokémon don't glow and sparkle here, like in the games. That would just be annoying. They are simply differently colored.

Money exists. Trainers exist. Trainers earn money by getting paid when they defeat others, remember that. Even though there is no professor handing out pokémon here, people still go on journeys to become the strongest there is. Over the last 50 years, Arcanum has learned from other regions about the Pokémon Leagues, and have formed one of their own. There are gyms in every town after Feborough, and if you manage to gain at least 8 badges, you gain entrance to the great Arca League in Decemark City. Of course, this may or may not be your primary goal...

[ plot ]

Spoiler:
With the discovery of Arcanum, shiny pokémon were starting to be less rare in the rest of the world, and there grew a need for the very rich and powerful people to have something more to be even more special... what more fitting than some shiny legendary pokémon? A man called Mr Redwulf has now traveled to Arcanum with the intent of finding and capturing the guardian spirits. A woman called Miss Bluedart is doing the same and has her own minions.

The Redwulf Band and the Bluedart Order are starting to unnerve the people of Arcanum, doing questionable things to reach their goal... why? Because they will get rich, of course. And immensely famous.

One night... you are awakened by a dream that won't fade away. In the dream, you met your spirit guardian. The two of you soared through the skies of Arcanum and watched the region burn. Plants had lost their color, pokémon and humans were warring and dying and black clouds covered the sky. Your guardian claimed that this would happen if the industrialization continued and that Arcanum wasn't meant to be this way. People and pokémon had lived in peace here for so long, but now there were poachers who hunted pokémon just to sell them expensively far away. That was not how things were meant to be. The poachers were even aiming to capture the guardian spirits now. Your guardian begs you to help it. The great beast asks you to travel the land and see for yourself, while gathering friends and training hard for what was coming. Save your guardian and the land of Arcanum. Train hard...

You don't get much more sleep that night. The next day, you are approached by the eldest lady in town, Sagari. She is thin and kind and rumors say that she is over a hundred years old... but she doesn't look a day over 70. Sagari tells you that she had a similar dream but her guardian told her to aid the chosen ones and prepare them for their region-wide journey. Do you believe in the dream now?

[ game mechanics and info ]

Spoiler:
By entering this RP, you will be entering a whole new region, complete with routes and cities and filled to the brim with shiny pokémon only. You will be journeying, starting from the small village of Januvale, hoping to gather a strong and loyal team of pokémon and human partners on the long road to the center of industrialization, the capitol Decemark on the other side of the island.

The RP will not really be "chaptered", BUT you can't go on forwards until your have finished possible tasks I have set up AND not until I've posted the details for the next area. Other than that, you are free to make up your own adventures.

I will not demand novel length posts that cover all tasks in whole area (though you ARE allowed to make them). You are encouraged to interact with each other at all times. You will be playing in the same timeline and meeting the same NPCs. See *Foreigners for an example on how it's done.

I'm making almost every existing non-legendary pokémon catchable ;) but only their shiny versions. I have decided their locations before the start of the RP.

On your way, you will see two groups of humans struggling to find and capture the guardian spirits. They are enemies of each other though, since they are working towards the same goal and don't want to let any more people in on it than necessary. These "evil teams" will act much like Team Rocket, stealing pokémon for profit and warring with each other while infiltrating places to learn about the guardian spirits.

You will see heavy industrialization meet with old traditions and technology clash with mythology. What side are you really on and what call will you heed?
Maybe you're intent on saving your guardian spirit and stop Redwulf Band and Bluedart Order?
Maybe you really want to travel to defeat the gyms and become a pokémon master and see the calling in the dream as a golden opportunity to do so?
Or maybe you will travel to see what state Arcanum really is in, and align yourself with either the followers of technology or the followers of mythology?

Only one way to find out who you will be.
Enter Arcanum.

[ guardian signs ]
Spoiler:
Raikou - sign of the ambitious.
Entei - sign of the brave.
Suicune - sign of the shrewd.
Virizion - sign of the loyal.
Terrakion - sign of the persistent.
Cobalion - sign of the honorable.

[ starter pokémon ]
Spoiler:
Turtwig
Ability: Shell Armor
Level 10
- Tackle
- Withdraw
- Absorb
- Sand Tomb
Chimchar
Ability: Iron Fist
Level 10
- Scratch
- Leer
- Ember
- Taunt
- Thunderpunch
Piplup
Ability: Defiant
Level 10
- Pound
- Growl
- Bubble
- Icy Wind
Chikorita
Ability: Leaf Guard
Level 10
- Tackle
- Growl
- Razor Leaf
- Poisonpowder
- Ancientpower
Charmander
Ability: Solar Power
Level 10
- Scratch
- Growl
- Ember
- Smokescreen
- Metal Claw
Mudkip
Ability: Damp
Level 10
- Tackle
- Growl
- Mud Slap
- Water Gun
- Sludge

[ rules. rules? RULES! ]

[1] I am god (~GM). Meaning you don't argue with me, but you may point out or suggest things. :3

[2] Post Out Of Character (OOC) in this thread and In Character (IC) in the main thread.

[3] If you want in, post a sign up and wait for me to accept or deny you~

[4] The RP is rated T, meaning you don't have to treat it like the anime journey of a 10 year old, but you shouldn't include gore and romance past kissing.

[5] If you don't post for a week, you have to give me a reason for your absence, otherwise I will simply put you on the list of Retired Players and give your spot to someone else.

[6] When you attempt to capture a pokéball, end your post before the capture is complete. I will decide whether it's successful or not and what level, ability and gender your pokémon will have. You may wish for a certain gender though :3

[7] I will tell you when your pokémon level up, when they learn new attacks and when they are able to evolve. Please check my second post in this thread to see your current team.

[ sign up sheet ]

[ Name ] - (first and last or just first, whatever you prefer. Many in Arcanum have only one name )
[ Gender ] - (male or female)
[ Age ] - ( any age! minimum 10 )

[Appearance ] - (can be a picture, but I'd prefer a bit of text as well in that case)

[ History ] - (at least a good paragraph. Must make sense compared to your personality. Include how you got your pokémon. You must live in Januvale now but can have grown up in another part of Arcanum )

[ Personality ] - (at least a good paragraph. Must make sense compared to your history. Include how well you relate to your birth sign )

[ Birth Sign/Guardian Spirit ] - (one that is not already taken)
[ Starter pokémon ] - (one that is not already taken)

I might ask for an RP sample, just so you know.

Come play now :3

fanclub | HOMESTUCK

Last edited by Doctor; December 15th, 2011 at 08:15 AM.
Old December 15th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Wymsical

Quote:
Nah. I only had ideas. But either do a tournament where we get to choose a full team and just battle it out... or do a winterland story thing~ Like Skymin said, it can be silly. Have the players teleported to Santa's land and battle grinches or something there. It doesn't have to be pokémon related (although I like pokémon. I like pokémon. I likes-lkfjalkfdsfkawösl)

Anywhoo, I feel like showing off what I've been doing to avoid studying, lol. It's something I'll probably wait with posting until *Foreigners has finished so it might take quite a while (I hope) But still. I've never made up a region before, but I think it turned out quite well... (MS PAINT<3 LOL) I'm planning wild pokémon locations atm and I've made up gym leaders and all. The thing I can't seem to decide on (though, it's not really a hurry ) is whether it should be chaptered or more like *Foreigners. And whether I would be a player in it myself (mostly to steer the others instead of doing it via NPCs) or not. So........ what do you guys think? A cookie to the first to understand what theme the city names have
And most important of all, is this something you feel that you'd like to participate in?

Spoiler:

of mythology and technology

Rated T

" ar·ca·num - n. pl. ar·ca·na (-n) or ar·ca·nums
1. A deep secret; a mystery.
2. often arcana; Specialized knowledge or detail that is mysterious to the average person.
3. A secret essence or remedy; an elixir.
"

[ map ]

Spoiler:

[ history ]

Spoiler:
Welcome to the region of Arcanum. It is truly a mysterious place. The legend says that a dimensional war in another land caused six strong pokémon to be accidentally cloned. The clones helped calming the war, but they were strangely colored and didn't feel like they belonged in this world. They set out to find a new home and stumbled upon the isolated island of Arcanum. This was one of the few places in the world where humans lived, but no pokémon. The six strangely colored pokémon made other pokémon come there and populate Arcanum. Eventually people and pokémon learned to live in peace, still isolated from the humans of the other regions.

Inevitably, other humans eventually landed on the shores of Arcanum, but not until 50 years ago. They discovered something remarkable: the whole region had shiny pokémon only. Here, normal colored pokémon were the rare ones. Immediately, work began to industrialize and modernize Arcanum. Rigorous help and donations was given from the other regions... in return, shiny pokémon were hunted and exported.

Nowadays, people pay great sums to travel to Arcanum and catch shiny pokémon. Arcanum seems to almost be split into two parts. The eastern part being heavily industrialized with growing cities, the western part where people still live their lives mostly like in the old days. They claim to still care more about each other than about being rich.

[ setting ]

Spoiler:
The region where this RP takes place is reminiscent of the feudal aged Japan when it comes to buildings, clothing, nature and kind of religion. Modern things such as machines (factories, cars, TVs), pokéballs, pokémon centers, mp3-players... you name it, they exist though, since a lot has been imported and more or less successfully implemented in the Arcanum culture over the last half century. Since it has been about 50 years, mostly only older people are shaking their heads at the modernities nowadays.

Every child born in Arcanum is given a birth sign, depending on what month they are born in. Ignore the strangeness with the isolated people of Arcanum having the same language and time measuring system as the rest of the world... it's just for convenience's sake. The birth sign is associated with one of the six guardian spirits of Arcanum, namely the six legendary beasts that are the clones from the myth. All over the region in the cities and along almost every road, there are shrines to where people go on a regular basis to pray and speak to their guardian. Over the last decades this tradition has gotten old, but most people in western Arcanum still do it.

You can rather easily differ between a true Arcanian and a foreigner. Arcanians have an Asian look while foreigners haven't (meaning, they could be Caucasian or anything else). This means your character in the RP will look asian, but they can still have any hair color and any eye color.

There are only shiny pokémon in the wild of Arcanum. Normal colored pokémon is a rarity that only foreign trainers have but often rather quickly replace when they see all the shinies. Shiny pokémon don't glow and sparkle here, like in the games. That would just be annoying. They are simply differently colored.

Money exists. Trainers exist. Trainers earn money by getting paid when they defeat others, remember that. Even though there is no professor handing out pokémon here, people still go on journeys to become the strongest there is. Over the last 50 years, Arcanum has learned from other regions about the Pokémon Leagues, and have formed one of their own. There are gyms in every town after Feborough, and if you manage to gain at least 8 badges, you gain entrance to the great Arca League in Decemark City. Of course, this may or may not be your primary goal...

[ plot ]

Spoiler:
With the discovery of Arcanum, shiny pokémon were starting to be less rare in the rest of the world, and there grew a need for the very rich and powerful people to have something more to be even more special... what more fitting than some shiny legendary pokémon? A man called Mr Redwulf has now traveled to Arcanum with the intent of finding and capturing the guardian spirits. A woman called Miss Bluedart is doing the same and has her own minions.

The Redwulf Band and the Bluedart Order are starting to unnerve the people of Arcanum, doing questionable things to reach their goal... why? Because they will get rich, of course. And immensely famous.

One night... you are awakened by a dream that won't fade away. In the dream, you met your spirit guardian. The two of you soared through the skies of Arcanum and watched the region burn. Plants had lost their color, pokémon and humans were warring and dying and black clouds covered the sky. Your guardian claimed that this would happen if the industrialization continued and that Arcanum wasn't meant to be this way. People and pokémon had lived in peace here for so long, but now there were poachers who hunted pokémon just to sell them expensively far away. That was not how things were meant to be. The poachers were even aiming to capture the guardian spirits now. Your guardian begs you to help it. The great beast asks you to travel the land and see for yourself, while gathering friends and training hard for what was coming. Save your guardian and the land of Arcanum. Train hard...

You don't get much more sleep that night. The next day, you are approached by the eldest lady in town, Sagari. She is thin and kind and rumors say that she is over a hundred years old... but she doesn't look a day over 70. Sagari tells you that she had a similar dream but her guardian told her to aid the chosen ones and prepare them for their region-wide journey. Do you believe in the dream now?

[ game mechanics and info ]

Spoiler:
By entering this RP, you will be entering a whole new region, complete with routes and cities and filled to the brim with shiny pokémon only. You will be journeying, starting from the small village of Januvale, hoping to gather a strong and loyal team of pokémon and human partners on the long road to the center of industrialization, the capitol Decemark on the other side of the island.

The RP will not really be "chaptered", BUT you can't go on forwards until your have finished possible tasks I have set up AND not until I've posted the details for the next area. Other than that, you are free to make up your own adventures.

I will not demand novel length posts that cover all tasks in whole area (though you ARE allowed to make them). You are encouraged to interact with each other at all times. You will be playing in the same timeline and meeting the same NPCs. See *Foreigners for an example on how it's done.

I'm making almost every existing non-legendary pokémon catchable but only their shiny versions. I have decided their locations before the start of the RP.

On your way, you will see two groups of humans struggling to find and capture the guardian spirits. They are enemies of each other though, since they are working towards the same goal and don't want to let any more people in on it than necessary. These "evil teams" will act much like Team Rocket, stealing pokémon for profit and warring with each other while infiltrating places to learn about the guardian spirits.

You will see heavy industrialization meet with old traditions and technology clash with mythology. What side are you really on and what call will you heed?
Maybe you're intent on saving your guardian spirit and stop Redwulf Band and Bluedart Order?
Maybe you really want to travel to defeat the gyms and become a pokémon master and see the calling in the dream as a golden opportunity to do so?
Or maybe you will travel to see what state Arcanum really is in, and align yourself with either the followers of technology or the followers of mythology?

Only one way to find out who you will be.
Enter Arcanum.

[ guardian signs ]
Spoiler:
Raikou - sign of the ambitious.
Entei - sign of the brave.
Suicune - sign of the shrewd.
Virizion - sign of the loyal.
Terrakion - sign of the persistent.
Cobalion - sign of the honorable.

[ starter pokémon ]
Spoiler:
Turtwig
Ability: Shell Armor
Level 10
- Tackle
- Withdraw
- Absorb
- Sand Tomb
Chimchar
Ability: Iron Fist
Level 10
- Scratch
- Leer
- Ember
- Taunt
- Thunderpunch
Piplup
Ability: Defiant
Level 10
- Pound
- Growl
- Bubble
- Icy Wind
Chikorita
Ability: Leaf Guard
Level 10
- Tackle
- Growl
- Razor Leaf
- Poisonpowder
- Ancientpower
Charmander
Ability: Solar Power
Level 10
- Scratch
- Growl
- Ember
- Smokescreen
- Metal Claw
Mudkip
Ability: Damp
Level 10
- Tackle
- Growl
- Mud Slap
- Water Gun
- Sludge

[ rules. rules? RULES! ]

[1] I am god (~GM). Meaning you don't argue with me, but you may point out or suggest things. :3

[2] Post Out Of Character (OOC) in this thread and In Character (IC) in the main thread.

[3] If you want in, post a sign up and wait for me to accept or deny you~

[4] The RP is rated T, meaning you don't have to treat it like the anime journey of a 10 year old, but you shouldn't include gore and romance past kissing.

[5] If you don't post for a week, you have to give me a reason for your absence, otherwise I will simply put you on the list of Retired Players and give your spot to someone else.

[6] When you attempt to capture a pokéball, end your post before the capture is complete. I will decide whether it's successful or not and what level, ability and gender your pokémon will have. You may wish for a certain gender though :3

[7] I will tell you when your pokémon level up, when they learn new attacks and when they are able to evolve. Please check my second post in this thread to see your current team.

[ sign up sheet ]

[ Name ] - (first and last or just first, whatever you prefer. Many in Arcanum have only one name )
[ Gender ] - (male or female)
[ Age ] - ( any age! minimum 10 )

[Appearance ] - (can be a picture, but I'd prefer a bit of text as well in that case)

[ History ] - (at least a good paragraph. Must make sense compared to your personality. Include how you got your pokémon. You must live in Januvale now but can have grown up in another part of Arcanum )

[ Personality ] - (at least a good paragraph. Must make sense compared to your history. Include how well you relate to your birth sign )

[ Birth Sign/Guardian Spirit ] - (one that is not already taken)
[ Starter pokémon ] - (one that is not already taken)

I might ask for an RP sample, just so you know.

Come play now :3

Ya, MS Paint pwnz.

Wow, that looks...deep, I guess. Looking forward to this. (I call shiny Dream World Chimchar & Terrakion)

Links To Be Added Soon

Last edited by Wymsical; December 15th, 2011 at 09:34 AM.
Old December 15th, 2011, 09:29 AM
Fuyu
Raising Heart, set up!

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Yahoo to Fuyu Send a message via Skype™ to Fuyu
OOH! That looks fun Red! I wanna join! XD But yes Naku is leader. *runs off to go do schoolwork*

Old December 15th, 2011, 09:34 AM
drunk ¬_¬
Inebriated Baby

Nature: Naughty
HOLY………

You're AMAZING Red!
Has anybody ever told you that, because you deserve to be told that right about now…

I use to avoid studying by… well, watching paint dry…… you come up with MAGIC

Honestly (I'm a geology major so don't hang me for this…), the geographical features of your map are a little… well, crazy. But after reading the whole thing, I can only say that this is probably the coolest setting I've seen… evaaaaaaaaaar!

Good stuff! :D

@Wymsical: Oh yeah? Well I call Charmander and Raikou… x)

EDIT: Towns are named after months… can i haz cookie now? :3

Sponsored Links