The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 17th, 2011, 03:37 AM
revlis
The Sentinel
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Okay, so here goes a bit of shameful advertising.....><

I have set up a facebook group for the PC Roleplay section. Those of you who have facebook should join: http://www.facebook.com/groups/189828071106049/ would be good if we could organise a massive Skype call!

Also, Atlantis Arising still has room for more people. If you don't mind reading up Skymin and I would be happy to have you join. Unification, change or continuity, take your side!
Old December 17th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Wymsical
V.S. The Wymsical Champion

Nature: Relaxed
Congratulations, 雷影 イチロ, The Roleplay Corner's best resident newb is coming to join your RP. lol

Links To Be Added Soon
Old December 19th, 2011, 05:33 AM
Diamond1304
Gym Leader

Nature: Adamant
I have a proposal to make. It's regarding the forum. I suggest having thread prefixes for ratings. This is to ensure that people don't forget to put a rating for their RP(unless they're so oblivious to a box next to the thread title box xD). :3

Old December 19th, 2011, 08:21 AM
adventure
satellite physician

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond1304 View Post
I have a proposal to make. It's regarding the forum. I suggest having thread prefixes for ratings. This is to ensure that people don't forget to put a rating for their RP(unless they're so oblivious to a box next to the thread title box xD). :3
That's a good proposition, as long as there is an option to post a thread without a rating as well. For tha non-RP stickies~!
paired with : abnegation
roleplay: CLOUD v2.0
Old December 19th, 2011, 08:23 AM
pokemongarnet
CAT-BUS!

I suggested that awhile back and Skymin said she'd look into it, but I think mine was to label whether it was a pokemon or other.

I suggested that awhile back and Skymin said she'd look into it, but I think mine was to label whether it was a pokemon or other. Or OOC or IC

Last edited by pokemongarnet; December 19th, 2011 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old December 19th, 2011, 09:10 AM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
That's a good proposition, as long as there is an option to post a thread without a rating as well. For tha non-RP stickies~!
I agree with this. It sounds useful and doesn't even sound hard to implement.
Old December 19th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Wymsical

Yo, so I've been re-reading the series, and it seems that a Warriors RP might be pretty cool. It would be set in a sandbox world, that's for sure. For those of you who don't know what warriors is, check this out. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warriors_(novel_series)

It's a little hard to understand, but once you get the basic concept of Warriors, and for those of you who already know what warriors is, you should like the RP.

Links To Be Added Soon
Old December 19th, 2011, 03:07 PM
adventure
satellite physician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wymsical View Post
Yo, so I've been re-reading the series, and it seems that a Warriors RP might be pretty cool. It would be set in a sandbox world, that's for sure. For those of you who don't know what warriors is, check this out. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warriors_(novel_series)

It's a little hard to understand, but once you get the basic concept of Warriors, and for those of you who already know what warriors is, you should like the RP.
I think someone tried that a while ago. Don't think it lived long. But concepts can be re-tried :3
Old December 19th, 2011, 09:17 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Nature: Quirky
Yeah... i think i forgot about it. but it is a good idea, its just that it's hard to have a singular rating system when there are so many different countries with so many different types.
Old December 19th, 2011, 09:52 PM
Diamond1304
Gym Leader

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skymin View Post
Yeah... i think i forgot about it. but it is a good idea, its just that it's hard to have a singular rating system when there are so many different countries with so many different types.
Rules stated all the ratings we can use. Everyone should've read the rules before they even made a post in this forum so I don't think there should be any problem about someone using a rating we all never heard of. :>

Old December 19th, 2011, 10:19 PM
adventure
satellite physician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond1304 View Post

Rules stated all the ratings we can use. Everyone should've read the rules before they even made a post in this forum so I don't think there should be any problem about someone using a rating we all never heard of. :>
This. I changed the rules to explain a literature system instead of the american movie system, as literature ratings made more sense for RPs, in my opinion. And since it's ridiculously hard to tell the difference difference in PG13 and PG15 so it might as well be called T.

But I see your point, there are still people who rather want to use the old ratings. And who are we to not let them.
Old December 20th, 2011, 08:45 AM
Wymsical

Jeezus christ, did anybody except RHCP even read my post? Frankly, I really don't appreciate being ignored. When I ask for people's opinions, I think's it's common courtesy and just plain nice to have at least two or three replies in there.

Links To Be Added Soon
Old December 20th, 2011, 08:52 AM
adventure
satellite physician

Quote:
Jeezus christ, did anybody except RHCP even read my post? Frankly, I really don't appreciate being ignored. When I ask for people's opinions, I think's it's common courtesy and just plain nice to have at least two or three replies in there.
Somebody woke up on the wrong side here? This is not your personal thread, and there are many different things that can be discussed here. If you want to be sure to get an opinion on something, ask someone directly :]
Old December 20th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Wymsical

Of course it isn't my thread, did I ever say it was? I just seriously deteste being ignored. I get that people can talk about different things, I never said they should talk only about one thing. When people ignore another person's post, it just seems to feel like they ran it over with their BMW and skipped straight to the other things. (Does that make any sense? I'm using metaphors here) Especially when they're asking for others' opinions.

Now, I am going to need a Co-GM for this RP. Is anybody interested?

Links To Be Added Soon
Old December 20th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Nakuzami
That Person's Name Is . . .
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Of course it isn't my thread, did I ever say it was? I just seriously deteste being ignored. I get that people can talk about different things, I never said they should talk only about one thing. When people ignore another person's post, it just seems to feel like they ran it over with their BMW and skipped straight to the other things. (Does that make any sense? I'm using metaphors here) Especially when they're asking for others' opinions.

Now, I am going to need a Co-GM for this RP. Is anybody interested?
. . . *Holds out bottle of chill pills* I think you need one . . . or a few. Heck, take the whole bottle.

Dude, only three people have posted since your post about the Warriors RP. It's not that big of a deal, lol.
Anyways, I highly doubt I'd join a Warriors RP. I haven't read the series, but I know plenty of people whom have, and now that I think about it . . . the concept of the series seems a bit ridiculous, but hey, I haven't read it yet, so that opinion isn't exactly set in stone.

And I don't think we need that rating thing. Most people remember to put a rating, even if it's not displayed in the name~ The Pokemon/Other thing to identify the RPs would be better, tbh.
Of course there was a rather large surge of Other RPs right after the merge between the Other and Pokemon sections, lol.
Old December 20th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Wymsical

Ugh, sorry, I'm just frustrated with the whole 'respect' deal. Vegeta's told me he's had a few complaints from some of you (*glares*) that I'm an @$$hole kinda guy. I'm not. (At least not all the time) But some of you guys seem to automatically assume so. *Swallows Chill pills*

Yeah, Warriors isn't exactly one of my favorite series of books, but I think it would make an interesting RP.

Links To Be Added Soon
Old December 20th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

@delly You'd be surprised how many people forget!

@RHCP is there an "official" universal book rating, do you know?

@Wym People won't post about things they are not interested in. I do not know/have not read/am not interested in this "Warriors" thing, so I won't talk about it. You gotta deal with it man. Get over it. It's like when people post a RP and nobody signs up. It happens. Get over it. If you continuously act like an angry kind of person, people will automatically think you are. So don't whine when you aren't heard. Instead, why don't you just politely say "Hey guys, was anyone interested?" instead of going "STOP HATIN ON ME GUYS". So start being positive, guy. People won't like you if you strangle them over the littlest things.

@everyone In other news, I'm very sorry I've been slack with submissions. It's been hard to get to a PC since I dont do them when I'm on my phone (which I'm on now). My brother is on it a lot and doesn't care much for my needs. I'm working a long shift today (10am-7pm) but hopefully I can do submissions when I get home.
Old December 20th, 2011, 01:48 PM
Nakuzami
Community Supporter

Quote:
@delly You'd be surprised how many people forget!
. . . !! Eh, um, er, AH, jdhskjughuighuifdhuisgfunsghtiodfhauibthdai-

*BOOM!!*

I will kill you someday, Skymin. Keep one eye open at night 030

Quote:
@everyone In other news, I'm very sorry I've been slack with submissions. It's been hard to get to a PC since I dont do them when I'm on my phone (which I'm on now). My brother is on it a lot and doesn't care much for my needs. I'm working a long shift today (10am-7pm) but hopefully I can do submissions when I get home.
I think you're old enough to move out, or buy your own computer. SOMETHING. xD

@Wymsical - Yeah, I have a feeling a Warriors RP wouldn't work out. I don't know how many people have read it, and those that haven't (like me) probably won't take it seriously because, well, it's cats and they're . . . well, whatever they do, besides claw each other to death.
I think somebody tried a Warriors RP once. Don't think it worked out :/
Old December 20th, 2011, 01:51 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

...*Looks up at the previous posts*

Well, y'know, we could always make our own rating system. After all, RP is similar but not equivalent to traditional writing just as traditional writing (books/fanfiction/etcetera) is similar to but not equivalent to movies.

What is and is not appropriate for each type of entertainment may not hold true for other types, and as roleplayers we are arguably the best qualified to produce such a rating system.

I mean I can tell you right now we'd need to account for crack and by extension smut. That's something you won't find in any book/movie rating to my knowledge. All we'd need is some people willing to work on it.

@Naku: I think I remember that RP too. Can't remember why specifically it died though, probably wasn't paying attention.
Old December 20th, 2011, 01:58 PM
SV
It was justified

LOLOLLOOLOLOLOLOL

Wym you're such a troll....in fact sometimes its funny that people don't realize that you're screwing with them...

@Skymin *coughs* excuses *coughs*

@Somebody else Our own rating system? Should be too hard, who's up for it? *crickets chirping*

Paired with the Epic Raikiri
Old December 20th, 2011, 02:26 PM
Raikiri
Vanguard
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
For the rating system, I feel a rating system similar to ESRB (American Rating system for video games) would be a good one to base an "original" rating system. It is fairly broad, but I think it is a good starting point if nothing else.

Here is a link to a page defining the ratings: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enterta...e_Rating_Board

As for the Warriors RP, I looked at the linked page and I can't say I am that interested. I have never got into the service so I lack any sort of knowledge base. That being said, I saw a number of RPs based on the series and none succeeded to get off the ground. It might be almost too ambitious to run a successful RP. That being said with a solid main plot it has potential.

Paired with the manly Supervegeta
Old December 20th, 2011, 02:26 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Well, if Wymsical is being a troll, you know I won't tolerate that kind of crap.

Well what would we rate on? Age? Maturity? Level of roleplaying? Experience? Etc etc.
Old December 20th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Raikiri
Vanguard
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Well what would we rate on? Age? Maturity? Level of roleplaying? Experience? Etc etc.
At the risk of not discriminating rookies, I would say the rating system has to be based on the content of the roleplaying using age as a means of measurement.

For example, a RP could be rated "E" for everyone if its content is friendly to all ages. One could be rated "M" for mature (17+ or so) if its content deals with deals such as intense violence, sexual relationships, etc.

Using ages is the most practical form of measurement, as it is universal.

Level of roleplaying is an interesting idea depending on how you manage to integrate it into a rating system.

Paired with the manly Supervegeta
Old December 20th, 2011, 02:34 PM
Nakuzami
Community Supporter

Quote:
Well, if Wymsical is being a troll, you know I won't tolerate that kind of crap.

Aw, don't be like that. Besides, I'm the only one that gets to punish mah wife. xD

Well, let's start off with maturity (because age is crap.) to begin with, and once we have the basics of that set we could move on to incorporate even more, if we feel like making a multi-levelled rating system, lol.

Grr . . . I hate it when I finish a book and the next in the series isn't sitting right in front of me. /needs Son of Neptune
Old December 20th, 2011, 02:37 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Maturity, as that's what our current rating system does. Though I'd be open to making the rating include other things like writing level as well. Just remember. The more the rating is supposed to say the more complex it's going to be. (Theoretically, a teen appropriate RP with a high writing level might be T-9, with the 9 being the writing level on a scale of 1-10)

I mean... I could head this "project", let's call it. I'd want some feedback though. If it were based on just my opinion of maturity with no feedback I might make some mistakes in objectivity. l3

Sponsored Links