The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 9th, 2011, 03:20 PM
pokemongarnet
CAT-BUS!

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by インフェルノの津波 View Post
Eh...I've got another idea..but I'm stumped.

It's called [Marked]. It's basically about 10 teens who've been marked by these eternal, divine beings known as the Saviour (neither have a gender, but each can be masculine and feminine I guess), and the Pure, last of their kind. They worked together to defeat the great evil known as Calamity. They won, and so they sealed up Calamity for trillions of years. They've watched worlds go by, saddened by the foolishness of each one, but didn't interfere, even when they all died out. They've seen countless destructions and creations of worlds. The one we know now is #11019.

But they've started to notice something: Calamity is back. Oh crap. Saviour and Pure aren't in the best shape, so they've done something they'd rather had not done: seek help. Even though they don't want help, they've noticied humans and Pokemon are an interesting creation, genetic flukes, and the sheer fact they're still alive with all their flaws and stuff is amazing.

Now each Mark has it's own ability, and their users have 3 abilities as well. hey all grow over time.

Now I want to implement an idea into this, like say if you have a fully evolved Pokemon, and one of the Marks makes that Pokemon into an Exceed, which means it's something that's exceeded it's own limits. Like say Rhyperior was the subject, it would have drills in it's hand-holes, it's tail is a drill, it can dig into the center of the Earth, and it's power is amazing.

So, what do you think?
That sounds somewhat like the idea you told me not to do, HMMM? Especially the identical title haha. you can have it tho. now that im in an RP. Not accusing you of stealing btw. cuz it's just similar. not stolen.
Old February 10th, 2011, 01:26 AM
Diamond1304
Gym Leader

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
Diamond, if your RP was rejected, Michaela would have told you. She's probably busy. (though, I've noticed it might help poking her with a VM... jk don't do that xD I get the feeling she thinks that's annoying.)

Also, Doctor, I've asked for you to reserve me a spot
Ok, but I did VM her yesterday. I told her if mine was rejected, she need not have to tell me. And so far, I haven't received a reply.....so I think mine was rejected.

I'm not sure if anyone would call my RP a solid plot. Basically there are 2 types of explorers. Each type have their own ultimate goal, save the world from the chaos brought from the battle between the Weather Duo, Kyogre and Groudon.

Old February 10th, 2011, 01:27 AM
Doctor
& time lord

Nature: Naive
Well, I just spotted your PMD RP up so... :p it's not rejected.

I read the plot and it's absolutely more solid than most PMD RPs here!
Old February 10th, 2011, 01:36 AM
Diamond1304
Gym Leader

Quote:
Well, I just spotted your PMD RP up so... :p it's not rejected.

I read the plot and it's absolutely more solid than most PMD RPs here!
Thanks for everything! Thank goodness it wasn't rejected. Phew, I've been having a wild imagination these days. xD

Last edited by Diamond1304; February 10th, 2011 at 02:01 AM.
Old February 10th, 2011, 05:01 AM
Doctor
& time lord

There are really a lot of RPs up now. The whole first page of topics have been posted in at least the 7th February. I daresay 2011 is the year when the Roleplay Corner lives up and turns into Roleplay Plaza! It's not really a little corner~
Old February 10th, 2011, 07:04 AM
Doctor Who
Saving the earth with a bowtie

Told you it would be fine, did I not? don't worry we've all had our "OMG it's going to be rejected D:" moments, especially when the roleplays still took +1 week to get accepted xD

EDIT: Diamond, RHCP is right yours definitely has a solid plot, especially compared to some other roleplays out there. Plus it has a nice layout, something that's also been something not all roleplays have these days, so I think there was definitely no way it would have been rejected anyway (:

And RHCP, you're definitely right about the amount of roleplays, I do hope that the Corner gets its defibrillation shock and turns into a blooming plaza once more.
Old February 10th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Fisk
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Careful
Hey guys, I'm kind of lost about the structure of the Corner here. Could anyone kind of explain exactly where the line between IC and OOC is? o-o'
Old February 10th, 2011, 10:09 PM
Doctor
& time lord

IC means In Character. OOC means Out Of Character. When you are posting normally in your RPs main thread (the IC one), you post as if you are telling a story. Either in first person or in third person; most people do the latter.

You may often add ((OOC: I want to say something out of character. )) or something like that to show that you simply want to say something in the name of Fisk and not in the name of your RP character. Meaning, you want to communicate with the other posters just a little, instead of RPing for a moment.

The OOC threads are meant for this, so that the players in a RP can discuss things without cluttering the main thread with lots of parenthesis or even all-OOC-posts, which I think often are not allowed.

Any clearer or simply confusing? ^^
Old February 11th, 2011, 12:39 AM
Diamond1304
Gym Leader

Yeah, I hope the RP Corner would be more active like it was last year. I missed all the fun and action.

Old February 11th, 2011, 06:57 AM
Fisk
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Careful
Quote:
IC means In Character. OOC means Out Of Character. When you are posting normally in your RPs main thread (the IC one), you post as if you are telling a story. Either in first person or in third person; most people do the latter.

You may often add ((OOC: I want to say something out of character. )) or something like that to show that you simply want to say something in the name of Fisk and not in the name of your RP character. Meaning, you want to communicate with the other posters just a little, instead of RPing for a moment.

The OOC threads are meant for this, so that the players in a RP can discuss things without cluttering the main thread with lots of parenthesis or even all-OOC-posts, which I think often are not allowed.

Any clearer or simply confusing?
Oh no, this wasn't my problem (Though it did clear up the whole OOC thing in the IC chat that I was finding), but I simply can't tell which part of the thread to find SU's and where all of the IC posts go. As far as I can tell, it's kind of cluttered.
Old February 11th, 2011, 07:57 AM
Doctor Who
Saving the earth with a bowtie

The IC posts go into Pokemon Roleplay or Other roleplay, whichever you want to be playing. As for the sign-ups, it entirely depends. Some new roleplays will state if they want it in the OOC, if they don't state it when you should post your SU in the IC thread.
If a roleplay has already started and the GM doesn't state that SU's are closed than you should ask if they're open in the OOC thread.

The IC posts go into Pokemon Roleplay or Other roleplay, whichever you want to be playing. As for the sign-ups, it entirely depends. Some new roleplays will state if they want it in the OOC, if they don't state it when you should post your SU in the IC thread.
If a roleplay has already started and the GM doesn't state that SU's are closed than you should ask if they're open in the OOC thread.

Last edited by Doctor Who; February 11th, 2011 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old February 12th, 2011, 12:23 AM
Doctor
& time lord

So, I've got one spot open for the RP Begin, Again (Kanto Journey RP). You'll get a shiny Tepig as your starter. Anybody want it? Put your SU here.
Old February 12th, 2011, 04:56 PM
pokemongarnet
CAT-BUS!

Pokemecha, my RP still has several spots open if anyone wants to join.
Old February 12th, 2011, 06:11 PM
MothMask
Blastoise forever

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to MothMask
I doubt the search option would be specific enough to help me very much, and I'd really rather not dig through the whole place, so I'll just ask. Are there any RPs where you can just be a Pokemon, not a trainer or a Mystery Dungeon Pokemon?

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I've found what I was looking for.
I guess I thought that this would never end,
but suddenly it's like we're women and men.
Will the past be a shadow that will follow us 'round?
Will these memories fade when I leave this town?
I keep, keep thinking that it's not goodbye.
Keep on thinking it's our time to fly.

"Poison-types let few things surprise them or bother them. They're kind of cynical and pessimistic, but in a level-headed way, taking everything with an even sort of preparedness."

Last edited by MothMask; February 12th, 2011 at 07:39 PM.
Old February 12th, 2011, 06:14 PM
~Wind~
Mostly inactive.

Nature: Calm
So, I had an idea for a simple RP based on Mabinogi (find out more Here) basically, you simply make your character, (any amount of players can be in at a time, and SU's will stay open.) and battle enemies, explore and go through dungeons/grottos in parties together. Of course, minor bunnying will be allowed, and a few posts will have to be edited, but what do you think?
Old February 12th, 2011, 06:29 PM
Feign
Clain

Nature: Quirky
I think it needs a plot... like a certain direction if you will.
Old February 14th, 2011, 03:08 AM
Doctor
& time lord

What would you guys think about an RP that will let you play as a pokémon, beating others to grow stronger, battling in gyms and traveling a region where there were no humans? I've got game mechanics that will work. Only some thoughts...

- The gyms would be a bit difficult, or really easy, depending on what type you are. Might be unfair, unless we go around this by giving each gym several gym leaders and you could choose who to battle? Sort of similar to Dento and his brothers.

- OR you could assemble a team of 2 or 3 pokémon. Thus, you'd be controlling a several types, and the team would be what fought in the battles and the pokémon league tournament at the end... yes... this sounds good.

... I think I'll go with the Team idea. Or do you guys think it would be better with playing just one pokémon and doing the gym leader switch thing?

Also, the pokémorph RP I created didn't seem to turn out as interesting as I thought xD I guess there were too many players and a little too loose storyline. I also guess I should have stayed as a playing character there, so steer a little bit. Oh well. I'm learning as I go~
Old February 14th, 2011, 03:30 AM
Diamond1304
Gym Leader

The Team idea is great! Something like your Captured RP. Count me in if you decide on making one. A few days ago, I've been pulling out of RPs such that now I only have 4, or 3 if nothing in that RP happens, going on. :/

Old February 14th, 2011, 04:01 AM
Doctor
& time lord

Well, I'm a player in one (two if you count yours!) and a GM in 3. And if I posted this, I'd want to be a player in it.......... so I'm not gonna post it for a while. But you know, of course I've already got the OP written up xD

So, this idea is mine. Don't steal it, anybody.
Old February 14th, 2011, 04:16 AM
Diamond1304
Gym Leader

Hey all! I've an open spot for a Sea Explorer in my PMD RP. If oyu want to SU, come find it here! Thanks.

Old February 14th, 2011, 04:27 AM
Doctor
& time lord

Oh, no, it wouldn't be like the captured RP. There, people have to wait for each other to post all the time. This would be more like Begin, Again. Chapterwise, with a more intense storyline. And you'd control 3 pokémon by yourself, so it wouldn't even be like the PMD RPs where you are several players on one team. :)

Yeah, everyone, come join Team Berryaholics of the Sea Exlorers!
Old February 14th, 2011, 04:37 AM
rlyn99
Trainer

Nature: Lax
Could I have some help with a roleplay?
me and my friend are working on it. Its about Lucario and his partner set in sinnoh. Where team rocket(not those bozos), have launched an evil plan to brainwash all of the pokemon and do their bidding. A bit of pokemon school(), a lot of action. Also its in the future so theres no pokemon catching but on their tenth birthday, every child gets a single pokemon from the legendaries.

Just when you thought it was all over...

Friend code: 1592 5269 1431
Old February 14th, 2011, 05:05 AM
Diamond1304
Gym Leader

What help do you need? We could also help you. Your story is...well....quite too simple...maybe add more details...like how do Trainers catch Pokemon and such.

I've my own question now. Do you think it would be better if I, the GM, lets the players choose what gender their starter would be or should I fix it for them? O.o

Old February 14th, 2011, 05:09 AM
rlyn99
Trainer

Nature: Lax
Sorry, wasting space
just decided that we just need some people to play our roleplay in the future
gd night folks.

Just when you thought it was all over...

Friend code: 1592 5269 1431

Last edited by rlyn99; February 14th, 2011 at 05:18 AM. Reason: durr
Old February 14th, 2011, 10:55 AM
SeleneHime
Aspiring Author

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond1304 View Post
I've my own question now. Do you think it would be better if I, the GM, lets the players choose what gender their starter would be or should I fix it for them? O.o
Well, unless they're trying to get an alternate out of a single-gender species, I don't see where it should be a problem. Personally, I'd let them choose their starter's own gender. But, that's just my two cents worth.

I support:

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here