Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Theatre > Roleplay Stage
Reload this Page Roleplay Discussion Thread

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Stage This is where the In-Character roleplaying happens. Before you create a thread here, recruit some players in Roleplay Casting. Your very own legend is about to unfold! A world of dreams and adventures awaits! Let's go!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old February 13th, 2012 (07:19 AM).
Fighting the army of Stress...

Nature: Lonely
About the RP's pace, I prefer slow and steady RPs. When the RP goes in a fast pace, some people can't catch up, and later it can be a pain. But that doesn't mean that people should just sit and wait until the inactive one posts. What I mean is "quality over quantity". People tend to make lots of mistakes when rushing.

"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King, Jr.

RPs I joined:

Pokemon: Fresh Start (as Richard J. Hope)
Old February 13th, 2012 (07:47 AM).
the heroes of our time
ModeratorEO

Nature: Naive
Quote originally posted by TiTaN.JuStIn:
About the RP's pace, I prefer slow and steady RPs. When the RP goes in a fast pace, some people can't catch up, and later it can be a pain. But that doesn't mean that people should just sit and wait until the inactive one posts. What I mean is "quality over quantity". People tend to make lots of mistakes when rushing.
I agree with that, it's no fun to come online after only one day's absence and see several new pages with events that you got no chance to be part of.

But I don't like RPs where people won't bother to make a reply less often then once a week. They turn so eerie that people eventually can forget about them. And it dies. *goes to kick the players in Arcanum to life with a chainsaw or sumthin*
Old February 13th, 2012 (08:13 AM).
Muffins forever

Nature: Quirky
I'm thinking of making this RP here on PC, if enough people are interested.
Old February 13th, 2012 (08:35 AM).
Procrastinator Extraordinaire

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to Strikit Send a message via Yahoo to Strikit
Okay, I think I'm going to go through with the Inheritance RP. It'll probably be kinda slow moving and I'll want good, detailed posts, short shoddy ones are the bane of my existence. It'll be set shortly after the last book. Look for it up in two weeks tops if you're interested, and if you know anyone who might be don't be afraid to poke em over to it. I want to see this one take off.
Old February 13th, 2012 (10:07 AM).
Arrest this man

Quote originally posted by TiTaN.JuStIn:
*nods head* What he said. I don't like extremely fast moving RPs, they turn out to be a mess. I like moderate speed RPs, with about 2-3 posts per day, which are decent.

Quote originally posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers:

I agree with that, it's no fun to come online after only one day's absence and see several new pages with events that you got no chance to be part of.

But I don't like RPs where people won't bother to make a reply less often then once a week. They turn so eerie that people eventually can forget about them. And it dies. *goes to kick the players in Arcanum to life with a chainsaw or sumthin*
I'M ALIVE OKAY I JUST POSTED :(
Old February 13th, 2012 (10:28 AM).
Pokemon Professor / RP Mentor
Crystal Tier

Nature: Sassy
I find that RPs tend to die if you let people hold up post order for several days at a time repeatedly. That being said, I like to have at least one post order cycle per day, so that everyone gets to post at least once per day.
Old February 14th, 2012 (06:52 AM).
part time demon hunter
Crystal Tier

Just letting everyone know that the RPAs are up!

Please remember to read the rules, there have been a few changes from last time around!
Old February 14th, 2012 (08:40 AM).
In it to win it! :D
Silver Tier

Nature: Jolly
Lol, i already posted in the RPA's. G'luck everyone, and VOTE FOR ME! vote for whoever... you want... i guess... meh.

Click 'n' Hover~
Wonderful Pair~

Blog~

PC Family~

My Profile~

Theme~
Old February 14th, 2012 (08:53 AM).
Quantum
Silver Tier

Whoo, my very first RPA's \o/ Good luck to everyone!
Old February 14th, 2012 (09:15 AM).
«Dual Wield» User
Crystal Tier

Nature: Bashful
The RPAs are on! I hope something good comes out of this. Good luck to everyone! & vote for me! No seriously

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Old February 14th, 2012 (09:31 AM).
In it to win it! :D
Silver Tier

Oh and thnx for voting for me poopy777, Shadowguy789, Roleplaygirl 11 and Chef30 in the RPA already. :3 SO KEEP VOTING FOR ME EVERYONE!

Click 'n' Hover~
Wonderful Pair~

Blog~

PC Family~

My Profile~

Theme~
Old February 14th, 2012 (10:03 AM).
Arrest this man

Okay guys, I don't want to seem rude or arrogant or anything, but I just had to say this.

I'm really disappointed in this month's RPA. I'm not gonna take ANY names, nor am I attacking anybody, but some of the people/RPs being voted for are just... not deserving. That's my opinion, but really, before voting, just think who REALLY deserves that award. I know I may be overreacting a bit, specially since it's just some random awards on a forum xD, but yeah, it just... makes me kinda angry that some of the better RPers/RPs get ignored because they don't join the famous RPs/aren't really very active/don't interact much/whatever reason.

Really, the achievement system is looking better and better now that the new RPAs have come up. It's all just become a popularity contest now. That had been a major problem during the earlier RPAs, but fortunately it had not been such a major issue during the last RPAs, where people got what they deserved. I'm very sorry to say that I see the same issue returning this month.

Those are just my thoughts though. You're free to think whatever you want, or whoever you want to vote for... I just wanted to express my opinion.
Old February 14th, 2012 (11:10 AM).
Pokemon Professor / RP Mentor
Crystal Tier

Nature: Sassy
...I am not sure whether to be amused or cynical over the fact that it has been stated right on the RPAs that you can't vote for the previous winner and yet Supervegeta is still winning best roleplayer, /again/ |D
Old February 14th, 2012 (12:22 PM). Edited February 14th, 2012 by SV.
See You Space Cowboy

Nature: Relaxed
For the love of-

Lol, guys, it's not allowed to vote for people who won the previous time. Give other people (some more deserving) a chance.

Oh, and rusty makes a pretty good point as well.

Although I do have to say, I'm quite happy that ShadowGuy789 nominated me for the best Veteran RP. I didn't even realize I was an RP.

EDIT: By the way I've been stalking some convos of some people (no names to be mentioned), and asking others to vote for you in the RPAs is just really low...

Paired with the Epic Legend
Old February 14th, 2012 (12:27 PM).
«Dual Wield» User
Crystal Tier

I agree myself. Everyone should get a chance at the awards. I'm kinda surprised ShadowGuy nominated me in the Most Entertaining Roleplayer. I appreciate that, & I hope I have fun here more. :D Go Pedro!

~Dia+PS~
Old February 14th, 2012 (01:35 PM).
яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...

Nature: Hardy
Honestly, I'm not one to aim for impressive titles on the interwebs. I just enjoy writing. I guess an award is cool, but whatever. I know some people take it very seriously though rofl. Another thing is that most people are biased rather than sincere when voting. I don't want to screw up like that.

By the way Vegeta, it's nice of you to tell people not to vote for you. I saw your emblems once and laughed at how ridiculously good you are.

Also -DeepImpact- has a great reply to the awards. I haven't been on here before so I don't know how the previous RPAs have gone, but eh... I can't judge much. I don't know anybody, really. I might not vote on these things. But for you guys, since I guess this is a bad month I hope the other ones will be better? Lol.

ι ѕнαℓℓ ρяσtє¢t уσυ, му ℓσνє.

Old February 14th, 2012 (01:45 PM). Edited February 14th, 2012 by Skymin.
part time demon hunter
Crystal Tier

Okay, guys, I totally agree with DeepImpact.

THIS IS NOT A POPULARITY CONTEST. Do not vote for people simply because they are your friends. If you can't think of someone to actually vote for, then don't vote at all. And also, an explanation of "im votin for dem becoz dey are rly gud n fun!!!!!" is not acceptable. Those votes will not be counted.

Okay, for example, I'm definitely voting for PKMN Trainer Yellow as best GM. "shes rely organisd and helpful!!!" is not an explanation. "PKMN Trainer Yellow took over The Pokemon Trainer Academy and has been handling it like a pro. Despite the amount of new players and random members that join, she manages to keep the post quality up for everyone, keep alive all those 40 characters and still have a thread that's more popular than the roleplay discussing thread. Kudos for keeping it alive sp long and good luck to the future."

THAT is an explanation (though it should probably be more indepth), and I thought that up in a minute while lying in bed on my phone at 7:30am through half closed eyes. It is not that hard guys. I will not be counting votes without a proper reasoning and honestly, if you can't think about what to write in a paragraph, don't vote for them, because they don't deserve it.

And if anyone even remotely copies another members explanations, I will not be happy.

It really winds me up that some of you guys blatantly ignore what I say and put no effort into these things. It should be a fun thing to do, not a chore to try and make it fair.

Okay, back to sleep.

EDIT: one more thing. Stop with the "lol vote for me lol jks dont but realy do it" because it is kind of not funny and pompous and a lot of other words I'd like to use but can't on this site.
Old February 14th, 2012 (01:51 PM).
Fast and Furious

Nature: Lonely
Woah, the Roleplay Awards seem to have gotten... a little bit out of hand. That's why I was never interested myself, anyways xD
outer
violence
Old February 14th, 2012 (03:47 PM).
Going on a hiatus :'(

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to |Equinox|
Wow...what happened? It's like a war there! But there's no need to freak out~

Old February 14th, 2012 (05:28 PM).
Assassin

I'm trying to carefully plan out my awards. I'm not good at that. But anyways...

Also, still plenty of space in my RP!:

Pokemon: The Zivito Region

Card Captor Sakura ★ April

Miley ★ BFF // Cousin // Siblings
Sig Credit: Fire Heart (thanks sis!)

My vampire brother: ShinyDiamond
My vampire sister: PinkSapphire
My Pair: Nonexistant...Besides anime characters of course
Old February 14th, 2012 (05:38 PM).
Muffins forever

This is probably the first time I've really thought about why I vote for people in the RPA... Usually I just look at the category and someone who fits the description comes to mind, but I never stop to think why XD
Old February 14th, 2012 (05:51 PM).
Life... Challenge Accepted!

Nature: Bold
I tend not to get involved in the RPA's because it causes way to much drama. Certain people always win and it makes others upset.

OK WORLD... GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEADS! THIS IS A FORUM! YOU'RE GETTING WORKED UP OVER AN AWARDS SYSTEM THAT IS DONE FOR THE FUN OF ACHIEVEMENT!

Not trying to hurt any feelings or anything and this is in no way intended to offend anyone but you guys are taking this far to seriously.

I'm going to apoligize in advance to Skymin for whatever is going to result from this post.
Old February 14th, 2012 (07:15 PM).
«Dual Wield» User
Crystal Tier

I for sure hope to win something. In any case, I'm here to advertise my RP. I need a leader for Team Storm. My RP is Bara's Storm [PG-16]. Is anyone interested in being the Team leader of Team Storm?

~Dia+PS~
Old February 14th, 2012 (11:58 PM).
part time demon hunter
Crystal Tier

It's not a war or a fight or anything, its a misunderstanding. I am upset because people don't read or understand what I've been saying.

All I'm trying to say is simply vote who you think is right. I'm trying to stop the high school drama about it all, not start it.
Old February 15th, 2012 (01:39 AM).
Butcher of the Sands
Crystal Tier

Nature: Modest
I agree with Skymin here guys, not because she is the mod or we are friends, but because what she is saying is true. If you don't have a reason to vote someone in a particular category, then there is no need to vote for them or in that category at all. Sure, its just a silly reward system on a forum, but it really brings the integrity of the Roleplay Corner down when it becomes a more of a popularity contest than on writing skill.

It really isn't that hard to take five or ten minutes out of your day to look at other Roleplays that you nor your friends are in and have a look. I'm usually working full time, or studying full time at university and working part time, not to mention commitments outside these, and I can still find the time in my busy life to have a look at other Roleplays and RPers.

There is no point in making a big deal about this, but guys, seriously, it doesn't take that much effort to write a couple of sentences why you think this particular Roleplay or Roleplayer deserves to be voted in that specific category.

Sponsored Links