The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.


Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #3276    
Old February 23rd, 2012, 02:16 PM
TornZero's Avatar
TornZero
Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: In your pantry, eatin' your delicious cake.
Age: 20
Gender: Female
Send a message via Skype™ to TornZero

Advertise here
Speaking of, I thought of a nice Nocturne/Lucifer's Call style RP after imagining it with Pokémon. Could I get some opinions and suggestions on how I could actually use it?

Plot (sort of)
Spoiler:
The Conception is happening once again, this time targeting the Pokémon world (possibly centering the story around Hoenn or Sinnoh?). A fragment of Arceus' power (an embodiment to replace Kagutsuchi?) was tasked with this when the universe was created, essentially resetting planets so Arceus could try again.

However, someone or something convinced Arceus to give the humans of the Pokémon world a chance to decide their own fate. Assuming a human form, Arceus appeared to people of many kinds in the night, granting them the protection needed to survive the Conception by transporting them to a Pokémon Center (or PokéMart) and even blessing some with the power of Pokémon. They are to decide the fate of this now inside-out world: Shall it be a world of order, where all obey the laws of Arceus? Or will it become the world where the strongest reign and the weak are destroyed? Maybe you'll simply give in to the end.

Why do you try to resist the end of the world?

Why do you fight?

"What is your Reason?"


Notes and Changes
Spoiler:
• Pokémon souls replace the SMT demons and can all communicate with humans, but the Demon Negotiation system remains, with minor changes. (For example, a Pikachu may use a Thunderbolt on you to test your durability before joining your party.) Leveling and evolution is rather normal, though trade-evolutions evolve at level 45.

• Parties can have up to two active Pokémon, plus the player (explained in the next bullet), at once, though up to eight Pokémon souls can be brought along with you at any given time. The Demonic Compendium is changed to a Pokémon Compendium, organizing the Pokémon recorded by type.

• Magatama are replaced by Pokétama (which are optional). (See what I did there? |D) Appearances can change in accordance with the Pokétama's type. There are also varying amounts of Pokétama for each type. (Dragon-type Pokétama will be few in number while Normal-types are abundant, and there will likely be no more than two of any rare dual-types. Dark/Ghost-type Pokétama will be extremely rare, having only one in existence.) By killing someone with a Pokétama (or a Pokémon in possession of a Pokétama, but this is even rarer), you can take theirs and alternate between using it and your current one for a wider variety of moves.

• Pokémon will be able to have up to six moves, and any Pokétama user can have up to eight.

• As much as I would love this, the Press Turn system of Nocturne isn't happening. Instead, it'll be a more Pokémon anime-based battle system; probably with the game's mechanics.

• Like Nocturne, any Pokétama user cannot have a Reason (the reason Pokétamas are optional), but they can "sponsor" a non-user's Reason, as I don't really intend for many legendaries to be present.


Also, if someone (that knows Nocturne well) is willing to help, I could definitely use a co-GM. (Said co-GM shall also be given the top secret information about that someone/thing in the plot.)
__________________

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.

Last edited by TornZero; February 23rd, 2012 at 04:42 PM.
  #3277    
Old February 25th, 2012, 06:58 PM
benuc184
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Gender: Male
Questions: What is the most popular RP? What is it about?
  #3278    
Old February 26th, 2012, 10:09 AM
PkMnTrainer Yellow's Avatar
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: East Coast, USA
Gender: Female
Nature: Hardy
There are many definitions of popular. Most active, most well known, most highly regarded. So I honestly don't think there is a definite answer for that question o-o
__________________
  #3279    
Old February 26th, 2012, 12:16 PM
benuc184
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Gender: Male
Okay, what RP is the most ACTIVE and what is it about?
  #3280    
Old February 26th, 2012, 12:35 PM
shinysweety's Avatar
shinysweety
In it to win it! :D
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: ♥ The Secret Spy--I mean Australia? ღ
Age: 13
Gender: Female
Nature: Jolly
Right now, I would say The Pokémon Trainer Academy. If u wanna know what it's about, here's a link to it.
__________________

Click 'n' Hover~
Wonderful Pair~

Blog~

PC Family~

My Profile~

Theme~
  #3281    
Old February 26th, 2012, 01:46 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow's Avatar
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: East Coast, USA
Gender: Female
Nature: Hardy
Pokemon Trainer Academy is probably the most active/most well known. It's rather humble though, so some look down on it.

Basically? You play either a student attending the academy or a teacher teaching at the academy. Said academy was built by Gary Oak anticipating a large scale attempt at world domination by Team Rocket that would require a bit more than one powerful trainer to prevent. Basically? Right now the roleplay is focusing on character development as young trainers improve themselves with little knowledge of the upcoming test of their strength in a sandbox setting.
__________________
  #3282    
Old February 26th, 2012, 07:14 PM
Nakuzami's Avatar
Nakuzami
That Person's Name Is . . .
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Norende Village
Age: 16
Gender: Female
Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
By the way... has anyone got any idea of where MichaelaTheUchiha and Nakuzami went away to?
Michaela levelled up to super asian and decided that we are all meaningless little worms that have no importance, and so we are not worthy to be in her life. Basically: she gots busy and then I have no idea what happened.
That Nakuzami person? His computer turned into an alien robot, bent on wreaking havoc until it was supplied with a new disk drive, or something or other. Sadly, it's hunger has not been quenched. Because of this, it murdered Nakuzami and his entire family. P.S. - I'm not Nakuzami, I'm Sarah Palin. Deal with it.

Nakuzami would like to know why every person here is not distraught and flooded with sorrow due to his absence. Nakuzami would like to know why you all haven't jumped off of your rooftops, feeling like without Nakuzami you had no reason to live. Then again, Nakuzami notices that this place seems slightly inactive lately. At this, Nakuzami is pleased. You did good, my pets.

Nakuzami's spirit now resides in Skyrim and FFXIII. Nakuzami promises that his spirit may haunt his mother's computer whenever he has the opportunity. This aforementioned computer is now the leader of the rebellion, seeking to overthrow the tyranny of Nakuzami's computer. Pray for its victory, for then you may all be released from your neverending sorrow.

Remember, Nakuzami is watching you. He watches, and he passes judgement. His judgement now rewards you with this beautiful GIF of a pop-tart kitty. Savor it. Embrace it. Love it. It is a great honor.

__________________
  #3283    
Old February 27th, 2012, 02:08 AM
Diamond1304's Avatar
Diamond1304
Gym Leader
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Not here, at least.
Age: 17
Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by benuc184 View Post
Okay, what RP is the most ACTIVE and what is it about?
Do you mean consistent or sporadic activity? Because they are different meanings. Disease Deoxys can be considered active because it had many pages in a short time span whereas PTA and Pokemon Odyssey has been going on for a long time (hence, consistent). Also since some good RPs have just started and therefore, unfair to judge activity now, you shouldn't use activity on popularity. :3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakuzami View Post


Michaela levelled up to super asian and decided that we are all meaningless little worms that have no importance, and so we are not worthy to be in her life. Basically: she gots busy and then I have no idea what happened.
That Nakuzami person? His computer turned into an alien robot, bent on wreaking havoc until it was supplied with a new disk drive, or something or other. Sadly, it's hunger has not been quenched. Because of this, it murdered Nakuzami and his entire family. P.S. - I'm not Nakuzami, I'm Sarah Palin. Deal with it.

Nakuzami would like to know why every person here is not distraught and flooded with sorrow due to his absence. Nakuzami would like to know why you all haven't jumped off of your rooftops, feeling like without Nakuzami you had no reason to live. Then again, Nakuzami notices that this place seems slightly inactive lately. At this, Nakuzami is pleased. You did good, my pets.

Nakuzami's spirit now resides in Skyrim and FFXIII. Nakuzami promises that his spirit may haunt his mother's computer whenever he has the opportunity. This aforementioned computer is now the leader of the rebellion, seeking to overthrow the tyranny of Nakuzami's computer. Pray for its victory, for then you may all be released from your neverending sorrow.

Remember, Nakuzami is watching you. He watches, and he passes judgement. His judgement now rewards you with this beautiful GIF of a pop-tart kitty. Savor it. Embrace it. Love it. It is a great honor.

Thanks for confirming our theories but I believe it would've been more helpful if it was a VM directed to the person who asked.
__________________


  #3284    
Old February 27th, 2012, 02:25 AM
Danger Zone's Avatar
Danger Zone
All Men Must Die.
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakuzami View Post


Michaela levelled up to super asian and decided that we are all meaningless little worms that have no importance, and so we are not worthy to be in her life. Basically: she gots busy and then I have no idea what happened.
That Nakuzami person? His computer turned into an alien robot, bent on wreaking havoc until it was supplied with a new disk drive, or something or other. Sadly, it's hunger has not been quenched. Because of this, it murdered Nakuzami and his entire family. P.S. - I'm not Nakuzami, I'm Sarah Palin. Deal with it.

Nakuzami would like to know why every person here is not distraught and flooded with sorrow due to his absence. Nakuzami would like to know why you all haven't jumped off of your rooftops, feeling like without Nakuzami you had no reason to live. Then again, Nakuzami notices that this place seems slightly inactive lately. At this, Nakuzami is pleased. You did good, my pets.

Nakuzami's spirit now resides in Skyrim and FFXIII. Nakuzami promises that his spirit may haunt his mother's computer whenever he has the opportunity. This aforementioned computer is now the leader of the rebellion, seeking to overthrow the tyranny of Nakuzami's computer. Pray for its victory, for then you may all be released from your neverending sorrow.

Remember, Nakuzami is watching you. He watches, and he passes judgement. His judgement now rewards you with this beautiful GIF of a pop-tart kitty. Savor it. Embrace it. Love it. It is a great honor.

Bro, if you had time to post all that, you had time to post in your RPs >:P
  #3285    
Old February 27th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Nakuzami's Avatar
Nakuzami
That Person's Name Is . . .
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Norende Village
Age: 16
Gender: Female
Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by -DeepImpact- View Post

Bro, if you had time to post all that, you had time to post in your RPs >:P


NO. That is where you are wrong, fool. For one thing, that was not me. That was simply Sarah Palin conveying my magical words and awesome divinity, although I am afraid anybody but I trying to do so is cursed to fail. Oh well, a pity indeed.
Secondly, I have been gone for too long, and so I would need to catch up, causing it to take more time than I had at that moment. And I also took almost no time to convey that all through Sarah Palin. Lastly, I was not sure if I would be able to drive back this computer menace long enough to post. I might be able to now, although I won't be on as often as I used to be. I don't think, at least.
BUT I AM BACH. No, wait, I'm back, not Bach. Pfft, classical music.
Bwahahahaha, my ferret is sooooo entertaining.

Well, how've y'all been doin'? I know, horrible since I've been gone, but let your fears be banished, for I am back, at least partially. Time to catch up in Arcanum . . . perhaps join Atlantis Arising if I may, and conquer the RP Corner. Skymin, I'm taking your seat of honor. That is to say, BEGONE DEMON! . . . Wait . . . naw, you can keep it. As long as you keep Being Human, but one step out of line little demon miss and I shall lay eggs in your brain. Do we understand each other? GOOD, cookies for all.
xP

I'm sorry, I might be a little over-excited due to events as of late. But since I am your elite overlord and benevolent ruler, you'll just have to dealz with it. :P

EDIT: Oh em gee, 3 more posts until 2000. Fun fun fun.
__________________
  #3286    
Old February 27th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Skymin's Avatar
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: australia
Age: 21
Nature: Quirky
Sorry I've been a little inactive guys; uni started yesterday for me but I'll try to complete some modly duties when I get home today.
__________________
Moderator of the Roleplay Corner <<
my art blogcommission infoCLOUD v2.0<<
Paired with revlis <<
avatar by me <<
  #3287    
Old February 27th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Danger Zone's Avatar
Danger Zone
All Men Must Die.
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakuzami View Post

NO. That is where you are wrong, fool. For one thing, that was not me. That was simply Sarah Palin conveying my magical words and awesome divinity, although I am afraid anybody but I trying to do so is cursed to fail. Oh well, a pity indeed.
Secondly, I have been gone for too long, and so I would need to catch up, causing it to take more time than I had at that moment. And I also took almost no time to convey that all through Sarah Palin. Lastly, I was not sure if I would be able to drive back this computer menace long enough to post. I might be able to now, although I won't be on as often as I used to be. I don't think, at least.
BUT I AM BACH. No, wait, I'm back, not Bach. Pfft, classical music.
Bwahahahaha, my ferret is sooooo entertaining.

Well, how've y'all been doin'? I know, horrible since I've been gone, but let your fears be banished, for I am back, at least partially. Time to catch up in Arcanum . . . perhaps join Atlantis Arising if I may, and conquer the RP Corner. Skymin, I'm taking your seat of honor. That is to say, BEGONE DEMON! . . . Wait . . . naw, you can keep it. As long as you keep Being Human, but one step out of line little demon miss and I shall lay eggs in your brain. Do we understand each other? GOOD, cookies for all.
xP

I'm sorry, I might be a little over-excited due to events as of late. But since I am your elite overlord and benevolent ruler, you'll just have to dealz with it. :P

EDIT: Oh em gee, 3 more posts until 2000. Fun fun fun.
I repeat my last statement, son. You are an embarrassment to the Palin family. BEGONE.

also as far as I know spots in Atlantis Arising are full lol.
  #3288    
Old February 27th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Nakuzami's Avatar
Nakuzami
That Person's Name Is . . .
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Norende Village
Age: 16
Gender: Female
Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by -DeepImpact- View Post

I repeat my last statement, son. You are an embarrassment to the Palin family. BEGONE.

also as far as I know spots in Atlantis Arising are full lol.
Bah! The Palin's are an embarassment to the Palin family! I, however. reign supreme.

I'm too awesome to be denied.

Amyways . . . it seems that this place is slightly less inactive than before I disappeared. Or is that just me?
__________________
  #3289    
Old February 27th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Miss Doronjo's Avatar
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Nah, it's just you.

It's always been (moderately) active.
  #3290    
Old February 27th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Danger Zone's Avatar
Danger Zone
All Men Must Die.
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakuzami View Post


Bah! The Palin's are an embarassment to the Palin family! I, however. reign supreme.

I'm too awesome to be denied.

Amyways . . . it seems that this place is slightly less inactive than before I disappeared. Or is that just me?
In the world of donkeys, of course.

But still, too crappy to be accepted too :P

And yeah, I guess. It's because I haven't worked on my Medieval RP at all. No excitement at all. HURR HURR.

and Skymin has been lazy
  #3291    
Old February 27th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Adventure's Avatar
Adventure
thief . of . light
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sweden
Gender: Male
Nature: Naive
Everybody's lazy, me too 8D Okay, now we and Naku should stop talking about Naku's absence and the Palins and concentrate on roleplaying stuff. In two weeks, TWO WEEKS, I'll try to be more active again btw. Examssssssssdfhkdjfl


To change the topic around to something I actually wonder about~

How many RPs can YOU manage to be a part of at the same time?
  #3292    
Old February 27th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Danger Zone's Avatar
Danger Zone
All Men Must Die.
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
Everybody's lazy, me too 8D Okay, now we and Naku should stop talking about Naku's absence and the Palins and concentrate on roleplaying stuff. In two weeks, TWO WEEKS, I'll try to be more active again btw. Examssssssssdfhkdjfl


To change the topic around to something I actually wonder about~

How many RPs can YOU manage to be a part of at the same time?
Haha lol same here. About 2-3 weeks later activity go BOOM.

Anyways, for the question... when I had first joined, I had managed to be a part of like 6-8 RPs. FAST moving ones. Recently though I started to focus on my quality of posts much more so I've decreased my number of RPs to like...2-4. Plus maybe manage one or two RPs at the same time too. Maybe lol.
  #3293    
Old February 27th, 2012, 01:17 PM
Nakuzami's Avatar
Nakuzami
That Person's Name Is . . .
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Norende Village
Age: 16
Gender: Female
Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by -DeepImpact- View Post

In the world of donkeys, of course.

And yeah, I guess. It's because I haven't worked on my Medieval RP at all. No excitement at all. HURR HURR.

and Skymin has been lazy
I think donkeys are Democrats.
So not Palin.
So you lose.

Then I shall shtealz it from you (after all, I did fuel that idea, because I brought it up multiple times before people started talking about it. :P)

no duh, that won't change. :P

Le gasp! Stop talking about me? And the Palins? No. NO. NEV-okay.

How many RPs can YOU manage to be a part of at the same time?

Well, I dunno. I tend to join a lot and then I crash and burn and get REALLY lazy. Right now . . . I'ma try to stop at four. Although, if one of them is filled and if something doesn't happen with the other . . . I might make it two. :P
__________________
  #3294    
Old February 27th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Adventure's Avatar
Adventure
thief . of . light
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sweden
Gender: Male
Nature: Naive
How many RPs can YOU manage to be a part of at the same time?

My answer is somewhat like DeepImpact's ^^ Though I've never been part of 8 RPs at once xD I usually am GM for at least one, and a player in at least one journey RP and one or two other. So all in all maybe 4-5 at a time.
  #3295    
Old February 27th, 2012, 01:36 PM
Miss Doronjo's Avatar
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
How many RPs can YOU manage to be a part of at the same time?




It depends really; normally my limit is 2, but, if I see like a super special awesome RP, I feel compelled to break my limit. :x
  #3296    
Old February 27th, 2012, 01:42 PM
SV's Avatar
SV
It was justified
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
How many RPs can YOU manage to be a part of at the same time?

This question is really dependent on the RPs, for me. I myself right now am in 6 (Atlantis Arising, Business of War, First Contact, Odyssey, Years of Lies and Inner Demon), but thankfully, they are all relatively slow-paced, so they accommodate my busy schedule quite nicely. During breaks and maybe summer, I'll probably be in the same amount, but possibly add in one that might be faster paced.
__________________

Paired with the Epic Raikiri
  #3297    
Old February 27th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Adventure's Avatar
Adventure
thief . of . light
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sweden
Gender: Male
Nature: Naive
Yeah, it depends a lot on what kind of RP it is, really. I've found lately that my creativity when it comes to writing long journey chapter posts is running low ;; but I'm doing fine posting in Atlantis, where interaction is the key but where posts aren't needed every day. I'm actually tempted to join another rather slow paced RP soon.

Oh, and right now I am actually part of 6 roleplays, though 1 hasn't started yet and in 1 I'm just the GM. Two of them are on other sites, too :3
  #3298    
Old February 27th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Danger Zone's Avatar
Danger Zone
All Men Must Die.
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Another thing that's really stopping me from joining so many RPs is that I'm so lazy nowadays lol. Also, idk why, but a lot of RPs nowadays don't really grab my attention... I'm kind of tempted to create one ASAP lol. But with exams starting tomorrow I'll probably have to keep that idea on the shelf for now xD
  #3299    
Old February 27th, 2012, 06:11 PM
ShinyDiamond's Avatar
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Aincrad
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Bashful
Good to see you Nakuzami. That's all.

Now for the question.

O_O Come to think of it, how many RPs have I joined? *check my control panal* >.> Uh, don't answer that. I say I limit myself to about 5 or more. I know, I'm nuts, but I love Pokecommunity very much! I especially love the RPers here.
__________________

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.


Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
  #3300    
Old February 28th, 2012, 05:43 AM
TiTaN.JuStIn's Avatar
TiTaN.JuStIn
Fighting the army of Stress...
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Somewhere in the hills, waiting
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
I also apologize for being... Busy and Lazy. Just took some grand exams and i still haz some, so I'll need more time of absence.

How many RPs can YOU manage to be a part of at the same time?

All I can say is not too many. My limit is actually only 3 RPs, because I'm LAZY and tired most of the times. *turns on the Lazy Song by Bruno Mars* But I'm still eager to RP. That is... after I'm free.

And as always, me, who never makes his ideas into reality, thought of one RP. I need counsel, so if you're interested in helping me, please contact me by any means. Oh, and the RP kind of has a War theme.
__________________
It's not a matter of can or can't.
-Lightning (Final FantasyXIII)


"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King, Jr.

RPs I joined:

Pokemon: Fresh Start (as Richard J. Hope)
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Advertise here
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 11:59 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.