• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wymsical

V.S. The Wymsical Champion
Years
Nah. I only had ideas. But either do a tournament where we get to choose a full team and just battle it out... or do a winterland story thing~ Like Skymin said, it can be silly. Have the players teleported to Santa's land and battle grinches or something there. It doesn't have to be pokémon related (although I like pokémon. I like pokémon. I likes-lkfjalkfdsfkawösl)

Anywhoo, I feel like showing off what I've been doing to avoid studying, lol. It's something I'll probably wait with posting until *Foreigners has finished so it might take quite a while (I hope) ^^ But still. I've never made up a region before, but I think it turned out quite well... (MS PAINT<3 LOL) I'm planning wild pokémon locations atm and I've made up gym leaders and all. The thing I can't seem to decide on (though, it's not really a hurry ^^) is whether it should be chaptered or more like *Foreigners. And whether I would be a player in it myself (mostly to steer the others instead of doing it via NPCs) or not. So........ what do you guys think? A cookie to the first to understand what theme the city names have ^^
And most important of all, is this something you feel that you'd like to participate in?

Spoiler:

Ya, MS Paint pwnz.

Wow, that looks...deep, I guess. Looking forward to this. (I call shiny Dream World Chimchar & Terrakion)

Last edited:

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
OOH! That looks fun Red! I wanna join! XD But yes Naku is leader. *runs off to go do schoolwork*

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
HOLY………

You're AMAZING Red! :shocked:
Has anybody ever told you that, because you deserve to be told that right about now…

I use to avoid studying by… well, watching paint dry…… you come up with MAGIC

Honestly (I'm a geology major so don't hang me for this…), the geographical features of your map are a little… well, crazy. But after reading the whole thing, I can only say that this is probably the coolest setting I've seen… evaaaaaaaaaar!

Good stuff! :D

@Wymsical: Oh yeah? Well I call Charmander and Raikou… x)

EDIT: Towns are named after months… can i haz cookie now? :3

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
@Wymsical: Oh yeah? Well I call Charmander and Raikou… x)

EDIT: Towns are named after months… can i haz cookie now? :3

-3- I hez to eat you now as well.
Well, unless our little claims right now count, I could always race for Charmander when it gets posted, eventually.
But, if these little claims do count, I want Mudkip and Cobalion. :3 Or . . . well, I might want Mudkip, lol.

So, should I just come up with the Christmas RP thingy? Hm, if I do, then I'll make it tomorrow. I'm busy today. :T

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Nah. I only had ideas. But either do a tournament where we get to choose a full team and just battle it out... or do a winterland story thing~ Like Skymin said, it can be silly. Have the players teleported to Santa's land and battle grinches or something there. It doesn't have to be pokémon related (although I like pokémon. I like pokémon. I likes-lkfjalkfdsfkawösl)

Anywhoo, I feel like showing off what I've been doing to avoid studying, lol. It's something I'll probably wait with posting until *Foreigners has finished so it might take quite a while (I hope) ^^ But still. I've never made up a region before, but I think it turned out quite well... (MS PAINT<3 LOL) I'm planning wild pokémon locations atm and I've made up gym leaders and all. The thing I can't seem to decide on (though, it's not really a hurry ^^) is whether it should be chaptered or more like *Foreigners. And whether I would be a player in it myself (mostly to steer the others instead of doing it via NPCs) or not. So........ what do you guys think? A cookie to the first to understand what theme the city names have ^^
And most important of all, is this something you feel that you'd like to participate in?

Spoiler:

Amazing really, I would definitely join since Winter Break is coming to make me free for a pretty long time. You're very creative Red. I wish I could be first, but "drunk" beat me to saying they're named after months. >.<​

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Very nice, RHCP. I especially like the map. In fact, it's inspired me to make my own map for my RP. I'm not sure if I'll join this, but that is entirely depending on when you will release it. I will be more likely to join if you happen to release it after winter break, as i will have limited internet during that time.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years

Spoiler:

Heeey, that does look like fun~! :3

In fact, I might plan to reserve for piplup myself, buuut I think its a little early for reservations. xD

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Gosh, thanks.. :3 I will not release it for a long time and might change some things. So yeah, a bit early for reservations ;)

But how about the game mechanics? Should it be chaptered like A Fresh Start or more like Foreigners?

Nakuzami

Years
Gosh, thanks.. :3 I will not release it for a long time and might change some things. So yeah, a bit early for reservations ;)

But how about the game mechanics? Should it be chaptered like A Fresh Start or more like Foreigners?

As long as you update that map of yours . . . perhaps I could try making one in HGSS style?

Like *Foreigners, definately. :P I wuv dat RP <3

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024

As long as you update that map of yours . . . perhaps I could try making one in HGSS style?

Like *Foreigners, definately. :P I wuv dat RP <3
Hahhaha whaddaya mean, it's awesome! But, yeah, you're free to try :D

drunk - whoa, geo major? Maybe you could give me some helpful hints then ^^ though it doesn't matter much, actually :p

Wymsical

Years
@RHCP: Go with Foreigners, chapter RPs suck, only every sane RPer says so. (That means me)

@Nakuzami: Maybe come up with the Christmas thing. If you are gonna do it, I suggest a tournament.

RHCP's RP is a lot like something I had in mind once, that involves Shinies, but no humans. I gave up on that though. Just saying.

It's really a shame that Pokemon RPs are more popular than non-Pokemon RPs. I had a good idea, but I figured it would never work out because of all the Poke-nerds Pokemon RPs out there. Sux. Buuuut I'll thinka something. Count on it.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
@RHCP - WOW. I'd hit that.
But seriously, it looks amazing, and I really like that the towns are named after months (And Junuly between June and July, that's just right cleer xD) and the lake is called Loch C8

I'd prefer chaptered (and thank you for using my rp as an example) mostly because I'm a tad OCD and all things neat and organized are my friends.

Also, Wymsical, I'll fight you for that Chimchar xD

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
XD

Hm, I think I'll go with... psuedo-chaptered :3 you'll see. I've already made up all events up to the July town~ Just have to shape them further into something that can be actually played and keep up interest until the end.

Ugh....... it'll get hard not to post this until Foreigners is done. So... let's get on with Foreigners already 8D

But enough about me (and thanks for all the praise feedback). Whymsical, what kind of non-pokémon RP?

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
@Red: Meh, 'tis nothing important enough to redraw the map, it's good; I just felt that maybe the Arca Massive mountains were positioned a bit… awkwardly?
Then again there's all sorts of excuses I could make up for the formation, so I guess that's just me being geo-OCD with maps lately… :P

Also, I agree with Wymsical, I've never been too big of a fan of the whole "be a Pokémon" genre, although I supposed I did sign up for the Fal Evet RP regardless, so…

Nakuzami

Years
Okay, so I'm going to advertise RyanRoksXD's The Pokemon Hunger Games RP a bit. He has currently accepted both the male and female for Hoenn, the male for Kanto, and the female for Unova. There are pending SUs for the males of Johto, Sinnoh, and Unova. So basically, we need some girls for Johto, Kanto, and Sinnoh. :3

Hahhaha whaddaya mean, it's awesome! But, yeah, you're free to try :D

. . . If you say so. -3-
But, I might try, if I feel up to it, lol. I haven't really done a map . . . well, since JTtD, which I think I did an okay job on redesigning the Sinnoh map. Let's take a little look-see
Spoiler:

Yeah, not too bad, amiright? :3

@Nakuzami: Maybe come up with the Christmas thing. If you are gonna do it, I suggest a tournament.

Speaking of which, I did come up with some ideas in math class today. They're completely silly, but hey, it's meant to be fun!
Basically, you'll be in a tournament, but Team Humbug is out to ruin Christmas! You, along with the help of your fellow contestants and the tournament host, Nick Claus, must stop the evil Team Humbug and they're leader, Jack Frost, and help the Delibird Delivery to save Christmas!
xD Sound fun? You'll be allowed to go crazy. GO CRAZY.

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
Aaaaaaaand I am off of school for 17 days. So I think i'll start an RP sometime soon.

@RHCP: Impressive RP... I need to learn to do CSS. And i recently read through Foreigners, and it's genuinely entertaining and i think that you manage it very well with the special events etc.

@Nakuzami: I guess its a nice idea, but I doubt that I'd join because it just seems... pointless. But the idea is good.

Wymsical

Years
@Swan: Midday. Sharp, Mister anteater.

@Drunk: It can get annoying, the whole be-a-Pokemon thingy, but if the plot and storyline is good enough, the genre can be really awesome. For instance, my RP Pokemon Odyssey: A New Beginning and its predecessors' plots are good enough to turn the whole genre around.

@Nakuzami: That...sucks so much I could laugh my @$$ off in public and feed it to my neighbor's dog over there. I'm in. xD

Nakuzami

Years
@Nakuzami: That...sucks so much I could laugh my @$$ off in public and feed it to my neighbor's dog over there. I'm in. xD

Yes, yes it does!
I just submitted it, dunno how great it is, but it's meant to be a have fun go-crazy-and-shiz RP, so who cares?! Just sign up and save Christmas the moment that it is accepted!

So, we talkin' 'bout playin' as Pokemon? I don't mind, I still see them as characters, and it can be just as fun to make a Pokemon character. I don't see any difference between playing as a human, Pokemon, or anything else - as long as the RP is enjoyable, who cares? >:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back