Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 15th, 2012 (08:27 PM).
Skymin
part time demon hunter

Nature: Quirky
Charlie bones reads like a ten year old wrote it but everyone in the book is around that age and it's aimed for that audience so I'm just laughing through it.

Maximum Ride reads like an amateur wrote it. It's just... Clumsy. And this is going by my opinion of it when I read it when I was like 14 (and I'm almost 19 now).
Seriously, isn't max like 15 or 16? I would totally name myself something cool like "Audrey" or "Harriet". It's not even their nicknames duuuuuuuurp
But anyway...

You know what would be cool? A roleplay about Being Hum-- /shot'd
Old March 15th, 2012 (08:44 PM).
Swolligator
Butcher of the Sands
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Since we are on the idea of basing roleplays on things, I think a good idea would be to base one on Being Human, probably the best idea I have ever come up with. xD

No, but seriously, a being human RP would be amazing.
Old March 15th, 2012 (08:55 PM).
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
Can someone send me a link to this Hunger Games RP? I would very much appreciate that.

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Old March 16th, 2012 (12:04 AM).
Skymin
part time demon hunter

@shinydiamond I don't think it's active anymore.

@ichiro !!!! We need a third fan to be Sally!!! *looks at raikiri and Supervegeta*
Old March 16th, 2012 (01:58 AM).
adventure
impossible girl

Nature: Naive
Oh, Years of Lies is very much active, isn't it?
Old March 16th, 2012 (03:47 AM).
Skymin
part time demon hunter

Well... kind of... but it's... not quite Hunger... ok. Ok you win.

I thought you meant that other one that kinda came and went I DON'T KNOW.
Old March 16th, 2012 (04:01 AM).
Danger Zone
All Men Must Die.

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by Skymin:

@ichiro !!!! We need a third fan to be Sally!!! *looks at raikiri and Supervegeta*
You should be Sally, you weak, lazy mod!

Aiden deserves somebody manly. Like supervegeta. You don't fit Josh. No. d:
Old March 16th, 2012 (05:50 AM).
Raikiri
The Awakened
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave

Uhhhh. Don't look at me.

Quote originally posted by -DeepImpact-:

^ What he said.

Don't make me pull out an avatar from the British version just to troll all of you.

Paired with the manly Supervegeta
Old March 16th, 2012 (06:02 AM).
Zero Darkness
The Cripple Who Is Whole

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zero Darkness
Hey, what do you think about doing a bleach RP, you know with shinigamis[soul reapers] hollows, and that stuff, I don`t know where to start, if someone want to do it, I would like to co-GM with him.
It can be very fun to do such a thing for such a great anima and manga.
"There are two types of fights. Whenever we are in battle, we must be one of the two. The fight for life or…the fight for pride! Right now…He is fighting for his pride! His wife’s pride…his men's pride…Most importantly…his own personal pride. Dismiss this as his stubbornness…and let him fight alone like this…" -Jushiro Ukitake, Bleach-

"It's meaningless to just live, it's meaningless to just fight. I want to win!" -Ichigo Kurosaki, Bleach-
Old March 16th, 2012 (06:02 AM).
Lincoln West
Drowzee

Personally, I've always liked the idea of a Shadow Hearts RP, but I doubt enough (if any) people here have played the games and would be interested.

Jackson (Male Shieldon) Lvl 24: Toxic, Sandstorm, Protect, Iron Head, Stealth Rock, Dig
Ability: Sturdy

Bixi (Female Tirtouga) Lvl 24: Crunch, Aqua Tail, Sandstorm, Ice Beam, Stone Edge, Iron Defense
Ability: Solid Rock

Siege (Male Geodude) Lvl 22: Defense Curl, Attract, Rock Polish, Rock Throw, Magnitude, Roll Out
Ability: Rock Head
Old March 16th, 2012 (06:19 AM).
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

Nature: Serious
No, I just had a amazing idea. Base a RP on the Age of Fire series! So, first question, does anyone else know what the series is about or do I have to explain it?
Old March 16th, 2012 (09:37 AM).
SV
It was justified

Err...no. I shall not entertain your silly fantasies.

Seriously, I've never seen the show, as you well know.

@Greiger I can't say I've heard of that, to be honest.

@Zero Darkness Bleach? Ugh...count me out, sorry. I couldn't get through that anime...

Paired with the Epic Raikiri
Old March 16th, 2012 (10:13 AM).
adventure
impossible girl

IT'S QUOTING TIEM.

Actually, I CAN BE SALLY. I started watching Being Human because I saw your theme of it lol. And I really liked it! Sally is adorable, I feel so sorry for her...

But a RP based off it? Hmm, maybe not featuring the characters from the show, but perhaps with something similar. Some being vampires with an underground business, some being werewolves trying to stay hidden/live out their fantasies. And some being ghosts. Though the ghosts should be like in the british version otherwise it's just sad lol

Well... kind of... but it's... not quite Hunger... ok. Ok you win.

I thought you meant that other one that kinda came and went I DON'T KNOW.
Hm, I only know it says it's based off Hunger Games :3 speaking of which, I need to go see da movie.

Quote originally posted by -DeepImpact-:

Aiden is such a manly he-man. So boring. *shot*

Quote originally posted by Raikiri:
Uhhhh. Don't look at me.

^ What he said.

Don't make me pull out an avatar from the British version just to troll all of you.
THE BRITISH VERSION IS BETTER. Especially the vampire. Nuff said *headshot*

Quote originally posted by Zero Darkness:
Hey, what do you think about doing a bleach RP, you know with shinigamis[soul reapers] hollows, and that stuff, I don`t know where to start, if someone want to do it, I would like to co-GM with him.
It can be very fun to do such a thing for such a great anima and manga.
It would probably be quite fun :3 if someone who knew a lot about Bleach was GM. I don't remember very much, I think I only watched somewhere into the second season before I somehow grew tired of it.

Quote originally posted by Lincoln West:
Personally, I've always liked the idea of a Shadow Hearts RP, but I doubt enough (if any) people here have played the games and would be interested.
What is Shadow Hearts then? If you explain it thoroughly (but not with a super long/boring text) in your RP, maybe people could still join even if they haven't heard about it before.

Quote originally posted by Greiger:
No, I just had a amazing idea. Base a RP on the Age of Fire series! So, first question, does anyone else know what the series is about or do I have to explain it?
You have to explain it~!

Quote originally posted by Supervegeta:
Err...no. I shall not entertain your silly fantasies.

Seriously, I've never seen the show, as you well know.

@Greiger I can't say I've heard of that, to be honest.

@Zero Darkness Bleach? Ugh...count me out, sorry. I couldn't get through that anime...
That post sounded a bit negative, don't you think? Lighten up, Superveggie :3 After all...

Old March 16th, 2012 (11:32 AM).
Swolligator
Butcher of the Sands
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Quote originally posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers:

That post sounded a bit negative, don't you think? Lighten up, Superveggie :3 After all...

Correction, it's Saturday. Yesterday was Friday and tomorrow is Sunday.

hahahahahahahaahahaha
Old March 16th, 2012 (12:23 PM).
Zero Darkness
The Cripple Who Is Whole

IT'S QUOTING TIEM.

It would probably be quite fun :3 if someone who knew a lot about Bleach was GM. I don't remember very much, I think I only watched somewhere into the second season before I somehow grew tired of it.

We could go to the bleach wikia, there is everything but everything we need to know, kidos[the numbers,incantations and explaintion], places, all the things we need, I want to GM this but I really want someone else to do it with me!
I think that the players will be a new shinigamis in the 13 gotei [13 court guard squeds] which just do shinigami stuff, you know. It might be like the pokemon academy, I think, a lot of players, a lot of positions and a long fun RP. For this I need someone else help as co-gm!
"There are two types of fights. Whenever we are in battle, we must be one of the two. The fight for life or…the fight for pride! Right now…He is fighting for his pride! His wife’s pride…his men's pride…Most importantly…his own personal pride. Dismiss this as his stubbornness…and let him fight alone like this…" -Jushiro Ukitake, Bleach-

"It's meaningless to just live, it's meaningless to just fight. I want to win!" -Ichigo Kurosaki, Bleach-
Old March 16th, 2012 (12:41 PM).
adventure
impossible girl

Quote originally posted by 雷影 イチロ:

Correction, it's Saturday. Yesterday was Friday and tomorrow is Sunday.

hahahahahahahaahahaha
You're in the wrong time zone. Baha. :3

@ Zero Darkness - I guess :3 That's pretty much how I saw a digimon RP on another site was being made. Of course, it never really kicked off but... xD

Sounds fun anyways! If the background story was interesting and the places described well enough to give the players some freedom without feeling lost, I'd almost be up for it. Not for GMing it though.
Old March 16th, 2012 (12:49 PM).
Nakuzami
The Savior
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly

I'MA KILL YOU IN A MOMENT. >:C

I didn't watch the weird british version of Being Human, because I didn't feel like it and it looked weird. And while Being Human is a freaking awesomesauce show, I'm not too sure about a RP on it. xD

@Skymin - Maybe you should read Maximum Ride again? The eighth and final book is coming out soon. |3 The movie should come out next year, I think? And, yeah, I thought the story could be a bit confusing, but I still didn't find it hard to follow. You're lazy and I am usually pretty good at following storylines, so when you put that together I probably have a much better understanding. and how are Audrey and Harriet cool names? For Max, I think her dad did name her Max. I think. I know she came up with the last name.
AND I THINK YOU CAUSED HALF EVERYONE HERE TO WATCH BEING HUMAN. YOU EVIL MOD YOU. But I love you for that. xD

FREAKING HUNGER GAMES. I'm gonna see the movie when it comes out next Friday. |3 Can't. Freaking. Wait.
Old March 16th, 2012 (01:01 PM). Edited March 16th, 2012 by Zero Darkness.
Zero Darkness
The Cripple Who Is Whole

Ok so I will try thinking about the Bleach RP, as for now I`m a single GM but I would like to have someone co-gm or semi-gm to help me.
As for the story, I think about an arrancar vs shinigamis story when you can be an arrancar or shinigami. If you think its good then tell me.

I thought more about the Bleach RP, and know the RP will be about the squed 6 of the 13 court guard squeds [I will be the captain] and the player will be my ranked officers[max 20 players including me], the main plot will be a normal soul reapers duties, when sometimes there will be a big missions, and sometimes little missions and like that. Each player just getting stronger, and me as the strongest[I`m a captain and if you see or read bleach, you know why] it will be very fun, as this is the purpose for RPing.
As for know there isn`t much to write, as the whole thing is already builded. I will start the OOC soon.

Old March 16th, 2012 (08:29 PM). Edited March 16th, 2012 by Greiger.
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

Nature: Serious
I am ashamed, ashamed that no one here reads good books about dragons. Okay, since so many people don't know about the Age of Fire, here's a cliff notes version.

The Age of Fire is a series of six books based in a fantasy world. There are humans, elves, dwarfs, and dragons as the main races, but the books only follow the tales of three dragon siblings. The first three books take place simultaneously and follow each sibling in their adventures around the world. The first book follows the male AuRon who is the dominant male of his siblings. In this world males fight each other when born and the male who survives gets taught by the father. AuRon beat his other brothers and after some time in the cave a group of dwarfs in league with the Wheel of Fire come and slaughter his parents and one sister. He and his other sister manage to escape, but lose each other in a blizzard. The first book details how AuRon travels around and how he meets an older Alzheimer dragon, a human king who he forges and alliance with, and goes to a ice tower where he frees hundreds of other dragons from a totalitarian wizard's rule. AuRon adopts a philosophy of having dragons and humans stay apart from each other.

The second book follows Wisatlia, the female who escaped with AuRon in the beginning of his book. She manages to come across her barely alive father, spends some time in a circus, gets raised by an elf, becomes a famous member in the librarian society, and manages to destroy the Wheel of Fire organization in revenge. Wistalia believes that all races can cooperate.

The third book follows 'The Gray' a brother to AuRon that was the only male sibling not killed by his brother. He is so enraged that he no longer is recognized as a member of his family that he hired the Wheel of Fire to murder his family. He barely manages to escape the WoF when they turn on him and he manages to make it underground where he finds a whole empire of dragons in hiding. He not only joins their army but pretty much becomes their king and leads them up to retake the land they had lost centuries before to the humans and slays the Dragonblade, a human that has been known to kill hundreds of dragons. He pretty much hates humans and wants dragons to rule.

The other three books involve the siblings meeting up again, taking down the Red Queen, being exiled from the dragon empire, and stopping an evil plan that would destroy the dragon empire as they know it.

The first three books are extremely well written and I highly recommend if you are a big dragon fan. If I did make a roleplay it would be a good number of years after the books' events and of course it wouldn't be the Age of Fire unless all of the characters were dragons! So, that's the basic idea I would have.
Old March 16th, 2012 (10:40 PM).
Danger Zone
All Men Must Die.

Every time I hear Friday I always think the lyrics are 'kicking in the front seat/s***ting in the back seat' lol. I think it's the way she says it.

@Greiger: You should read Eragon if ya want some epic stories bout dragons! d:<

@Zero Darkness: I know absolutely nothing about Bleach lol. And for such a big series... it's going to be quite a chore for people to read up about it. It's better if you only looked at people who actually KNOW about Bleach already, rather than depend upon people who'll have to read from a wiki. And looking at all the terms you're using... I don't think it's a very beginner friendly series too lol :U

@Being Human nerds: Yes. I'll definitely pull out a British series avatar to troll you all. That's gonna be a lotta fun d:
Old March 16th, 2012 (10:52 PM).
parallelzero
chelia.blendy

Interest check! I know there are a few Digimon RPs floating around, but I've been itching to write and participate in something a little darker using familiar concepts, so... I guess it turned out a little like a lovechild between Digimon and .hack. Still need to sort out some things like Digivices, but I want to see if there's any interest first.

Spoiler:
.digi//TAMED

This idea came from me wanting to take Digimon and make something a little more original than just “the digital and human worlds are in trouble!” so I settled on this idea, ultimately. Since I grew up with the Digimon dub, I'll be going by dub terms for anything technical like digivolutions or levels.

.prologue//plot
Darkness. What had happened? You struggle to recall your own name, let alone the events that had occurred previous to falling unconscious. Your body feels light, ethereal, like you were one with the wind. Did wind exist in this darkness, though? It was cold, meaningless, and your stay felt like it had been an eternal one. One word floats to the cusp of your lips. “Tamer”. What did that mean? You felt like you'd heard it before in a forgotten dream. You dwell on the word for a time, floating through the nothingness, and you eventually remember something about what had happened.

You had connected to one of the newest virtual online games. It was called simply “Tamer”, and revolved around the idea of training monsters known as Digimon. All had gone well, having created an avatar, identity, and being sent to the game's starting world. That was when something had gone awry though. Error screens flashed red, and purple electricity danced around you dangerously. Moments later, you could hear but a single word spoken by an androgynous voice. “Welcome.”

What happened after was inexplicable. Your body froze and you were unable to remove the equipment that allowed you passage into the game world. Slowly you felt your energy drain from your body as your vision began to fade to black. You knew it, you could feel it. You were dying. You died.

If you had died, then what existence was this? Shifting through the darkness with an undetermined destination. Surely this wasn't what death was like. No, this must be the beginning of something new, you decided. So you waited. You're not sure for how long, but eventually it paid off, and you were pulled out of the void by a warmth you could not recognize.

When you saw light again, it was a light unfamiliar to you. The climate was not one you were familiar with, you could tell. You rose and looked around, seeing a familiar, yet unfamiliar landscape. There were others like you scattered around this odd forest, in a world with two moons. A group of monsters watched you from nearby as well. Digimon. You could tell this much. Examining yourself, you found you looked exactly like the avatar you had created for the game world. And you could touch everything. This was no game. You were a Tamer.

Some evil had brought you into this world for reasons you'd yet to realize. Your body was soulless. Dead? You wouldn't be able to tell for sure. The reality was that you now existed within a game world that seemed to be alive itself. The monsters all acted with individual personalities, goals, just like humans did. You'd have to learn to trust your partner, as well as those humans that became trapped along with you, if you hope to survive. And, who knows? Maybe someday you'll escape. I hear humans keep hopes like that to carry on.

tl;dr version
After receiving a copy of a new online game called “Tamers” which involved training monsters known as Digimon, you get killed in real life and brought into the game world, which is real as real can be. With your Digimon partner and new found allies, you must choose to search for answers to your predicament, while warding off the evil that brought you into such a dangerous realm.

.sign//up

Name:
Appearance:
Personality:

In-Game Avatar
(The identity you will take in the world of Tamer)

Name: (Can't
Appearance: (Doesn't necessarily have to be the same age or gender as your character)

Digimon Partner

Nickname: (not required)
Personality:

Digivolution chain

Baby:
In-Training:
Rookie:
Champion:
Ultimate:
Mega:

SKY GOD SLAYER: CHELIA BLENDY
twitter + raptr + myanimelist + tumblr
Old March 16th, 2012 (10:59 PM).
Danger Zone
All Men Must Die.

Quote originally posted by parallelzero:
Interest check! I know there are a few Digimon RPs floating around, but I've been itching to write and participate in something a little darker using familiar concepts, so... I guess it turned out a little like a lovechild between Digimon and .hack. Still need to sort out some things like Digivices, but I want to see if there's any interest first.

Spoiler:
.digi//TAMED

This idea came from me wanting to take Digimon and make something a little more original than just “the digital and human worlds are in trouble!” so I settled on this idea, ultimately. Since I grew up with the Digimon dub, I'll be going by dub terms for anything technical like digivolutions or levels.

.prologue//plot
Darkness. What had happened? You struggle to recall your own name, let alone the events that had occurred previous to falling unconscious. Your body feels light, ethereal, like you were one with the wind. Did wind exist in this darkness, though? It was cold, meaningless, and your stay felt like it had been an eternal one. One word floats to the cusp of your lips. “Tamer”. What did that mean? You felt like you'd heard it before in a forgotten dream. You dwell on the word for a time, floating through the nothingness, and you eventually remember something about what had happened.

You had connected to one of the newest virtual online games. It was called simply “Tamer”, and revolved around the idea of training monsters known as Digimon. All had gone well, having created an avatar, identity, and being sent to the game's starting world. That was when something had gone awry though. Error screens flashed red, and purple electricity danced around you dangerously. Moments later, you could hear but a single word spoken by an androgynous voice. “Welcome.”

What happened after was inexplicable. Your body froze and you were unable to remove the equipment that allowed you passage into the game world. Slowly you felt your energy drain from your body as your vision began to fade to black. You knew it, you could feel it. You were dying. You died.

If you had died, then what existence was this? Shifting through the darkness with an undetermined destination. Surely this wasn't what death was like. No, this must be the beginning of something new, you decided. So you waited. You're not sure for how long, but eventually it paid off, and you were pulled out of the void by a warmth you could not recognize.

When you saw light again, it was a light unfamiliar to you. The climate was not one you were familiar with, you could tell. You rose and looked around, seeing a familiar, yet unfamiliar landscape. There were others like you scattered around this odd forest, in a world with two moons. A group of monsters watched you from nearby as well. Digimon. You could tell this much. Examining yourself, you found you looked exactly like the avatar you had created for the game world. And you could touch everything. This was no game. You were a Tamer.

Some evil had brought you into this world for reasons you'd yet to realize. Your body was soulless. Dead? You wouldn't be able to tell for sure. The reality was that you now existed within a game world that seemed to be alive itself. The monsters all acted with individual personalities, goals, just like humans did. You'd have to learn to trust your partner, as well as those humans that became trapped along with you, if you hope to survive. And, who knows? Maybe someday you'll escape. I hear humans keep hopes like that to carry on.

tl;dr version
After receiving a copy of a new online game called “Tamers” which involved training monsters known as Digimon, you get killed in real life and brought into the game world, which is real as real can be. With your Digimon partner and new found allies, you must choose to search for answers to your predicament, while warding off the evil that brought you into such a dangerous realm.

.sign//up

Name:
Appearance:
Personality:

In-Game Avatar
(The identity you will take in the world of Tamer)

Name: (Can't
Appearance: (Doesn't necessarily have to be the same age or gender as your character)

Digimon Partner

Nickname: (not required)
Personality:

Digivolution chain

Baby:
In-Training:
Rookie:
Champion:
Ultimate:
Mega:
Let me tell you, I quite liked the plot. I don't know anything about .hack// though I remember seeing like one episode a few years back. But this is a good dark twist on a franchise for kids. I would join it, if I knew a lot about Digimon. I'd be willing to probably brush up on my digimon knowledge though, mainly because it's kind of easy to understand and because I already know quite a lot about it.
Old March 16th, 2012 (11:07 PM).
parallelzero
chelia.blendy

You don't need to know anything about .hack. It's only a lovechild in the sense that .hack also involves people being trapped in a game world.

SKY GOD SLAYER: CHELIA BLENDY
twitter + raptr + myanimelist + tumblr
Old March 16th, 2012 (11:30 PM).
Skymin
part time demon hunter

i like the dark feeling about it, i'd join that!! d:
Old March 17th, 2012 (02:32 AM).
Fuyu
Battle!

I would so join that. :D:D:D:D I would find a way to get my time scheduled to RP in that. Digimon is amazing.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links