Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Theatre > Roleplay Stage
Reload this Page Roleplay Discussion Thread

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Stage This is where the In-Character roleplaying happens. Before you create a thread here, recruit some players in Roleplay Casting. Your very own legend is about to unfold! A world of dreams and adventures awaits! Let's go!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old March 25th, 2012 (02:44 PM).
Arrest this man

1,826 post
Quote originally posted by shinysweety:
Hey, does anyone think that a Hunger Games RP would be good? I watched the movie yesterday, so I just got the idea in my head. Anyone interested?
Eh... I'm really not so sure. It's not really a formula you can really experiment upon. The demons and stuff approach has already been done in Years of Lies, and the Pokemon version failed to start. So I don't really know.

Plus the concept really isn't very original. There have been lots of stories featuring the whole 'fight to the death' idea. But leaving all that aside, unless you manage to really pull off something epic, I'll not be joining.
Old March 25th, 2012 (02:52 PM).
Pokemon Professor / RP Mentor
Crystal Tier

Nature: Sassy
4,525 posts
@ShinySweety: I'm afraid I distinctly remember a hunger games RP quite recently. You may want to add some sort of interesting twist so that it does not fall into the back noise as easily.

@Everyone: the only time I distinctly remember confusing someone for someone else and not just forgetting someone's name is when I confused someone else for Sir Bastian in hindsight. I still haven't remembered the name of the person in question. ^~^;

Meanwhile, nobody but me has the sheer /eloquence/ to include the title PkMn Trainer in their name followed by the name of Pokemon Special Adventure's original tomboy. *Huff*
Old March 25th, 2012 (02:54 PM).
Forever Shawol and Aileean

Nature: Adamant
2,082 posts
Man, I love Yellow (the character). <3 She's definitely my favourite PokeSpe characters. I tried to make a club for Special Shipping once a long time ago, but it didn't get any posts...

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r417/MichaelaTheUchiha/Onew277-2.jpg
Old March 25th, 2012 (03:00 PM).
Queen of the Clouds

613 posts
I <3 Pokemon Special. :D Yellow and Ruby are my favorite characters.

Credit: Google and Tove Lo.
Old March 25th, 2012 (03:22 PM).
Crystal Tier

4,525 posts
@Michaela & First Snow: Sometimes I question who the bigger tomboy between Yellow and Sapphire is and then I consider that Sapphire didn't basically spend the entirety of the generation 1 arcs succesfully pretending to be an actual boy.

@Michaela: That's because Granted Shipping is the new hip, am I right?! *MURDERED*
Old March 25th, 2012 (03:35 PM).
I'm not going home...
Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
3,760 posts
Quote originally posted by Saturated Hue:
So I've got a question for y'all: Did you ever confuse one RPer with another? I often do that with Silver Rogue and Raikiri, for some reason. XD; Also, First Snow and Fuyu, I don't know why. o:
Maybe because they both start with F and have something to do with winter? YES. //idek

I don't think I've confused someone with another . . . although, that doesn't mean I haven't, just that I've forgotten if I have. :>

@RHCP: Yeah, that whole avatar thing? I used to do that, all the time. Then people like you just decided that they were going to change their avatars every five seconds and totally mess me up. THANKS A LOT. xD

@shinysweety - No, I don't think so. If you were to stay true to the series, there's not much you could do without completely copying the books. If you were to try and be completely original, you'd have to pretty much reinvent it until you've reached the point where you get the "it may not look like the Hunger Games, but it has kids fighting to the death!" or something like that. I think that's how YoL did it? :/
Great series, but I'm not sure about roleplayability. The thought crossed my mind after watching the movie, as well.

"In our darkest moments, when life flashes before us, we find something; Something that keeps us going. Something that pushes us."

~Lara Croft,
Tomb Raider
Old March 25th, 2012 (03:57 PM).
Queen of the Clouds

613 posts
@PKMNTYellow: Well, Yellow did successfully fool almost everybody except Green. *Cough* She pretended to be a boy in the Gold/Silver/Crystal manga... *cough* I don't really compare character qualities of each individual characters because I love them all. (The main ones anyway) :D

@Nakuzami: SOUL EATER! :D

Old March 25th, 2012 (04:07 PM).
Arrest this man

1,826 post
Quote originally posted by Nakuzami:

@shinysweety - No, I don't think so. If you were to stay true to the series, there's not much you could do without completely copying the books. If you were to try and be completely original, you'd have to pretty much reinvent it until you've reached the point where you get the "it may not look like the Hunger Games, but it has kids fighting to the death!" or something like that. I think that's how YoL did it? :/
Great series, but I'm not sure about roleplayability. The thought crossed my mind after watching the movie, as well.
"This reply is a massive C&P of -DeepImpact-'s post"

YOU DISAPPOINT ME.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaah better off creating RPs off some video games like the ones I've been playing right now. Red Dead Redemption has potential of turning into a RP, but nobody is really interested in Cowboys. Heavy Rain has an epic plot, but can't really be turned into a RP. Then we have Assassin's Creed and Metal Gear Solid.

... lol none of the games I play can be made into a RP
Old March 25th, 2012 (04:22 PM).
I'm not going home...
Crystal Tier

3,760 posts
Quote originally posted by -DeepImpact-:

"This reply is a massive C&P of -DeepImpact-'s post"

YOU DISAPPOINT ME.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaah better off creating RPs off some video games like the ones I've been playing right now. Red Dead Redemption has potential of turning into a RP, but nobody is really interested in Cowboys. Heavy Rain has an epic plot, but can't really be turned into a RP. Then we have Assassin's Creed and Metal Gear Solid.

... lol none of the games I play can be made into a RP
/too bad padre doesn't pay any attention to your posts

I'm . . . I might be working on that TES-esque RP.

@First Snow - Yes, yes it is.

"In our darkest moments, when life flashes before us, we find something; Something that keeps us going. Something that pushes us."

~Lara Croft,
Tomb Raider
Old March 25th, 2012 (04:50 PM).
Queen of the Clouds

613 posts
If time were invested into it, some games could be turned into an RP... (I would especially like it if Fire Emblem could be turned into an RP, but it is impossible.)

Well Soul Eater can be turned into an RP easily. XD

Old March 25th, 2012 (05:33 PM).
I'm not going home...
Crystal Tier

3,760 posts
Quote originally posted by First Snow:
If time were invested into it, some games could be turned into an RP... (I would especially like it if Fire Emblem could be turned into an RP, but it is impossible.)

Well Soul Eater can be turned into an RP easily. XD
I'm working on a Soul Eater RP too, don't you worry.

And I think VeggyxSuper-it's^9000 talked about a Fire Emblem RP once. I have absolutely no idea what Fire Emblem is, so I have no input. x3

. . . we should make a Family Guy roleplay . . . /*shot*

~Lara Croft,
Tomb Raider
Old March 25th, 2012 (07:01 PM).
«Dual Wield» User
Crystal Tier

Nature: Bashful
2,623 posts
New topic 'cause I'm lost at what we're talking about.

Who's your favorite brawler in Super Smash Bros. Brawl?

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Old March 25th, 2012 (07:21 PM).
See You Space Cowboy

Nature: Relaxed
3,237 posts
Quote originally posted by ShinyDiamond:
New topic 'cause I'm lost at what we're talking about.

Who's your favorite brawler in Super Smash Bros. Brawl?
Err, let's focus on discussing RPs, not video games, Shiny Diamond. There are other sections on PC for that...

Because nobody seems to have a distinct topic, does anyone have any RPs they are currently working on and/or developing. Just wondering what else people have planned. I myself am still working on the Medieval RP with a fellow GM.

Paired with the Epic Legend
Old March 25th, 2012 (07:33 PM).
«Dual Wield» User
Crystal Tier

Nature: Bashful
2,623 posts
Quote originally posted by Supervegeta:
Err, let's focus on discussing RPs, not video games, Shiny Diamond. There are other sections on PC for that...

Because nobody seems to have a distinct topic, does anyone have any RPs they are currently working on and/or developing. Just wondering what else people have planned. I myself am still working on the Medieval RP with a fellow GM.
-.- ...I don't even wanna say anything about that... Thanks a lot Supervegeta.

Nakuzami, are you my friend? :3 Are there any RPs you're working on?

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Old March 25th, 2012 (08:51 PM).
Crystal Tier

4,525 posts
Well I've got a thought. I haven't seen any Pokemon Special Adventures roleplays around--like ever actually. You would think considering the popularity of the incarnation it would get a biiit more attention than dead zero? I'm not sure what to make of the incarnation, other than the fact that perhaps Pokemon Special Adventures is known for it's beautiful characters and story, as well as maturity, and thus making an RP based on it that doesn't just look like a mature pokemon RP is hard.

But one could potentially leave the canons in or even have them playable (Though, the D/P/P and B/W canons would be difficult because their arcs are not finished), and if you really wanted to capture the feel you could have it take place /in/ the main story. Like one of those what if scenarios--what if your character had been there, or something like that. You can't be unoriginal if nobody else has tried it yet, eh?

...But what do I know? I'm actually surprisingly new here. Has this actually happened and I just didn't notice? o-o
Old March 25th, 2012 (09:49 PM).
←Apple Jack

Nature: Relaxed
429 posts

. . . we should make a Family Guy roleplay . . . /*shot*
There was a Family guy roleplay made waaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy back. I don't think it ever worked, but now you know.

In other stuff news, I'm working on a RP with Pokemon in it and might be making one without them.

Team Apple Jack My RP -Star Wars: A Republic Dark Age

RP's I am In:

New World Order as Arro Malthesis
Old March 25th, 2012 (10:16 PM).
ModeratorCS

Nature: Naive
19,281 posts
Quote originally posted by PkMnTrainer Yellow:
Well I've got a thought. I haven't seen any Pokemon Special Adventures roleplays around--like ever actually. You would think considering the popularity of the incarnation it would get a biiit more attention than dead zero? I'm not sure what to make of the incarnation, other than the fact that perhaps Pokemon Special Adventures is known for it's beautiful characters and story, as well as maturity, and thus making an RP based on it that doesn't just look like a mature pokemon RP is hard.

But one could potentially leave the canons in or even have them playable (Though, the D/P/P and B/W canons would be difficult because their arcs are not finished), and if you really wanted to capture the feel you could have it take place /in/ the main story. Like one of those what if scenarios--what if your character had been there, or something like that. You can't be unoriginal if nobody else has tried it yet, eh?

...But what do I know? I'm actually surprisingly new here. Has this actually happened and I just didn't notice? o-o
There was a pokémon special RP way back, started by Konokodemon I think. But it didn't start because I think she disappeared. It could probably be done, but maybe it would actually be best to have the players sign up as the main characters and do a semi-new story compared to throwing original characters into the canon story. Would sort of ruin the surprise. How to evaluate if a member is good enough or not to play a certain character could be done by asking for a rather long and qualitative RP sample describing some situation that the GM has thought up that would reflect the player's ability to play the character well. (phew that was a long sentence)

"Alright Gramps! Leave it all to me!"
moderator of Roleplay Theatre
proudly paired with seeker
staff collab july 2015
Old March 25th, 2012 (10:48 PM).
Crystal Tier

4,525 posts
I see... And yeah, you have a point about letting people play the main characters instead of originals. I'd know a thing or two about that. You could ask Bassiroth exactly how tolerant I was for crack when the character in question was canon.

I'd just wonder if people would be open minded enough to try that. It seems to me that almost nobody on the board plays canons, and I don't see many RPs that really accommodate them.

But of course I wouldn't dare attempt to push a 3rd RP. My muse can't handle firepower of that magnitude. At least not without me dropping virtually all of the RPs I'm in that I don't GM, making me an unhappy mun. I could totally offer to attempt to be a helper GM though.
Old March 25th, 2012 (11:02 PM).
ModeratorCS

Nature: Naive
19,281 posts
I see... And yeah, you have a point about letting people play the main characters instead of originals. I'd know a thing or two about that. You could ask Bassiroth exactly how tolerant I was for crack when the character in question was canon.

I'd just wonder if people would be open minded enough to try that. It seems to me that almost nobody on the board plays canons, and I don't see many RPs that really accommodate them.

But of course I wouldn't dare attempt to push a 3rd RP. My muse can't handle firepower of that magnitude. At least not without me dropping virtually all of the RPs I'm in that I don't GM, making me an unhappy mun. I could totally offer to attempt to be a helper GM though.
Let's see what we can do about that ;)..... in the summer holidays or something.

"Alright Gramps! Leave it all to me!"
moderator of Roleplay Theatre
proudly paired with seeker
staff collab july 2015
Old March 26th, 2012 (12:23 AM).
satisfaction brought it back
ModeratorCS

6,881 posts
I would be highly intrested in a Hunger Games RP, but yes, I would prefer if it had a twist. What about the tirbutes who died? Are they elimated fro m the RP. I was going to begin a Hunger Games RP myself, but I couldn't find any great, interesting solutions to such problems.
Old March 26th, 2012 (01:03 AM).
Arrest this man

1,826 post
lol, I want to start a RP but I lack the determination to get one done ;A;

I've seriously been thinking about rebooting the Percy Jackson RP Aura Rift and I made a few months back. I'll probably be making it alone this time. The plot would be the same, with a few tweaks (like no hellhounds this time around >.>).

But I still have to know if people are still interested. d:
Old March 26th, 2012 (04:14 AM). Edited March 26th, 2012 by TiTaN.JuStIn.
Fighting the army of Stress...

Nature: Lonely
177 posts
Quote originally posted by Supervegeta:
Uhhhh,,,,,,,, no. Not at all. My ideas are generally rejected or ignored, so I'm not working on RPs right now. And last time I was thinking about Capture the Flag or Post-apocalyptic style RPs, which I'm not sure are going to work.

@-DeepImpact- HELL YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MAKE IT ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD

I'm being too hyper.

@Curious I'm not sure if Hunger Games are going to work. I do like the idea, especially eliminating, but the system itself is hard to manage. Characters who died aren't gonna come back to life UNLESS some kind of high technology was developed which can't be made considering the current government. What's the point of continuing on participating in the RP if you got eliminated? Being a spectator? That's BORING. Also, if the post-apocalyptic situation was fixed, then I'm pretty sure sending kids to fight for their death wouldn't exist in a democratic world. *philosophy and human rights lecture declined!!!*

I apologize if offense was taken. I'm just being a rude CRITIC as always. So bear with me.

"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King, Jr.

RPs I joined:

Pokemon: Fresh Start (as Richard J. Hope)
Old March 26th, 2012 (10:41 AM).
Forever Shawol and Aileean

2,082 posts
@Michaela & First Snow: Sometimes I question who the bigger tomboy between Yellow and Sapphire is and then I consider that Sapphire didn't basically spend the entirety of the generation 1 arcs succesfully pretending to be an actual boy.

@Michaela: That's because Granted Shipping is the new hip, am I right?! *MURDERED*
And half of GSC. Red, Blue, and Green's face were absolutely hilarious...

(shoots you) No. Just, no.

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r417/MichaelaTheUchiha/Onew277-2.jpg
Old March 26th, 2012 (03:08 PM).
I'm not going home...
Crystal Tier

3,760 posts
Quote originally posted by ShinyDiamond:
Nakuzami, are you my friend? :3 Are there any RPs you're working on?
♥ Soul Eater RP
♥ Kingdom Hearts RP
♥ Square Enix RP
♥ Generic Fantasy RP
♥ The Elder Scrolls-esque RP

Those are a /few/ of the ideas I have pondered rather recently . . . I'm currently brainstorming for the first and last ones on that list.

@Yagerbomb - . . . Um . . . oh, wow . . . that was actually a complete joke because attempting that would be pretty idiotic and . . . ooooh-kay then.

@Curious. - Hunger Games RP . . . well . . . we've already been over this, but if you did some weird supernatural thing -- kids with superpowers . . . I had some thought on this. Maybe some odd thing was set in place after an uprising by this individuals with superpowers that limited their power. And then they made the Hunger Games -- under a different name, of course. These kids have to fight to the death with their powers and whatever they can find in the arena. The dead ones . . . well, hey, they already have superpowers, I'm sure you could think of something ;3 Perhaps some weird experiment by the government to harvest souls and muster their powers? You could then create this "other world" for the dead tributes to adventure in -- or their spirits, at least, and they end up unveiling the plot. Then they work from the other side to assist the still living tributes, two battles fought for one goal, if you will, and then maybe they could eventually return to the realm of the living and overthrow their little totalitarian government?

~Lara Croft,
Tomb Raider
Old March 26th, 2012 (09:54 PM).
Arrest this man

1,826 post

♥ Soul Eater RP
♥ Kingdom Hearts RP
♥ Square Enix RP
♥ Generic Fantasy RP
♥ The Elder Scrolls-esque RP

Those are a /few/ of the ideas I have pondered rather recently . . . I'm currently brainstorming for the first and last ones on that list.

We all know you're just attracting attention and none of that is ever going to get released. d:
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)