Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 31st, 2012 (07:58 AM).
shinysweety
In it to win it! :D

Nature: Jolly
Hey guy's, me and my friend (Chef30) are planning on making a RP, but we dunno what about so what do you guy's like in RP's lately?

Click 'n' Hover~
Wonderful Pair~

Blog~

PC Family~

My Profile~

Theme~
Old March 31st, 2012 (09:57 AM).
PkMnTrainer Yellow
Pokemon Professor / RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
@Pokemonmaster_draco: Did you just insult people that make RPs based on pre-existing canonities after making a Naruto RP?

/permanentheaddesk
Old March 31st, 2012 (11:10 AM). Edited March 31st, 2012 by Pokemonmaster_draco.
Pokemonmaster_draco
One Of The Best

Nature: Modest
Quote originally posted by PkMnTrainer Yellow:
@Pokemonmaster_draco: Did you just insult people that make RPs based on pre-existing canonities after making a Naruto RP?

/permanentheaddesk
No i didn't. What is canonities?? I haven't made a naruto RP, im just putting my idea up for suggestions. And if i insulted anybody i just want to say i'm sorry and i didn't mean it. Maybe it's the way i typed and i want to say again, sorry if i insulted anyone *Um....Who did i insult?*

Quote originally posted by PkMnTrainer Yellow:

/permanentheaddesk
No i didn't. What is canonities?? I haven't made a naruto RP, im just putting my idea up for suggestions. And if i insulted anybody i just want to say i'm sorry and i didn't mean it. Maybe it's the way i typed and i want to say again, sorry if i insulted anyone.

*Um....Who did i insult?*

Spoiler:
A Scattered Dream That's Like A Far Off Memory......!
A Far Off Memory That's Like A Scattered Dream....!
I Want To Line The Pieces Up.....!

Yours And Mine

Current RP I'm:

Old March 31st, 2012 (11:14 AM).
Danger Zone
All Men Must Die.

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by shinysweety:
Hey guy's, me and my friend (Chef30) are planning on making a RP, but we dunno what about so what do you guy's like in RP's lately?
I honestly don't think you can ask us what we want to see or like in a RP... The only thing I think you can do is probably have an idea, and post it up here to see if a lot of people are interested. All of us probably most of the time won't have the same thing, and most of our ideas will be vague xD
Old March 31st, 2012 (11:40 AM).
Pokemonmaster_draco
One Of The Best

Quote originally posted by shinysweety:
I will have to say the same as DI. Just post some of your ideas and then we'll give you suggestions or comments

Spoiler:

Yours And Mine

Current RP I'm:

Old March 31st, 2012 (11:53 AM).
mystletainn
Master of the Elements
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
I'm considering getting back into role playing after years away. Would anyone be interested in an Avatar (Last Airbender/Legend of Korra universe) type deal at all?
Old March 31st, 2012 (11:56 AM).
SV
It was justified

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by Luke:
I'm considering getting back into role playing after years away. Would anyone be interested in an Avatar (Last Airbender/Legend of Korra universe) type deal at all?
Oh, man, yes I would! I attempted one a while ago that I regret not starting in the summer because of lack of time, but I would totally be down! (If I have time for another one).

Paired with the Epic Raikiri
Old March 31st, 2012 (11:59 AM).
Loki
its easy being with you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Loki
Wow I randomly sign on and see this gem on the front pages.

I would absolutely love to do an Avatar roleplay!
Old March 31st, 2012 (12:06 PM).
mystletainn
Master of the Elements
Community Supporter

I have an idea but it's kind of Hunger Games-ish in practice (even though I've never read the books/seen the movie) but I like it. Do you guys have any suggestions?
Old March 31st, 2012 (12:20 PM).
Danger Zone
All Men Must Die.

Welcome back to the RP Corner, Luke.

Well, since I haven't seen any Avatar episode in years, I don't think I'll be able to join. But I do like to read through RPs that I find interesting :>
Old March 31st, 2012 (12:21 PM).
SV
It was justified

I have an idea but it's kind of Hunger Games-ish in practice (even though I've never read the books/seen the movie) but I like it. Do you guys have any suggestions?
You've caught me at the same disadvantage of never having read the books nor seen the movie. Are we still talking about the Avatar RP, or is this two separate ones? If its the same...hmm, I wonder how that'll play out. What's your idea?

Old March 31st, 2012 (12:27 PM).
mystletainn
Master of the Elements
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Supervegeta:
You've caught me at the same disadvantage of never having read the books nor seen the movie. Are we still talking about the Avatar RP, or is this two separate ones? If its the same...hmm, I wonder how that'll play out. What's your idea?
I meant like top benders are put on/in an island, arena, etc. and forced to fight it out over a prize of some sort.
Old March 31st, 2012 (12:38 PM).
SV
It was justified

I meant like top benders are put on/in an island, arena, etc. and forced to fight it out over a prize of some sort.
I can totally see that working. But I can see it as a forced to fight type of RP, or perhaps voluntary, since its for some sort of prize. Either won would work. Keep me posted!

Old March 31st, 2012 (02:11 PM).
mystletainn
Master of the Elements
Community Supporter

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1W2aTX8wX0uKeW4IxYE891a3pVbaGHZ2_Z1-S2O0f-20/edit

Here's what I have so far.
Old March 31st, 2012 (02:28 PM).
Reader_Maniac
Psyduck

Nature: Quiet
I had little intrest before because it was an Avatar RP, but what you have wrote out so far has definatly caught my Intrest. Count me in when you start!! :D
Old March 31st, 2012 (02:34 PM).
SV
It was justified

I'm liking it a lot. You can count me in, even if I'm swamped in RPs at the moment...I'll make time.

Old March 31st, 2012 (02:54 PM).
Doctor
& time lord

Nature: Naive
I've been interesting in joining some Avatar RPs earlier, but there never was any that really felt well made enough. Maybe this one will be?
Old March 31st, 2012 (03:35 PM).
shinysweety
In it to win it! :D

Nature: Jolly
Kay, if we get any idea's well post it here then. :3

Click 'n' Hover~
Wonderful Pair~

Blog~

PC Family~

My Profile~

Theme~
Old March 31st, 2012 (04:36 PM).
Danger Zone
All Men Must Die.

Btw guys, Ichiro and I added a new section to the RP Library :D It features all finished RPs! You should read through them if you ever have the time :]

I noticed that in the beginning RPs that worked as a series worked much better than a long RP :x
Old March 31st, 2012 (09:10 PM).
Lincoln West
Drowzee

If anyone has any feedback on the ideas I posted for a Naruto based RP please feel free to post. The only way something like that will get off the ground is with feedback from those who might be interested.

Jackson (Male Shieldon) Lvl 24: Toxic, Sandstorm, Protect, Iron Head, Stealth Rock, Dig
Ability: Sturdy

Bixi (Female Tirtouga) Lvl 24: Crunch, Aqua Tail, Sandstorm, Ice Beam, Stone Edge, Iron Defense
Ability: Solid Rock

Siege (Male Geodude) Lvl 22: Defense Curl, Attract, Rock Polish, Rock Throw, Magnitude, Roll Out
Ability: Rock Head
Old March 31st, 2012 (09:34 PM).
Pokemonmaster_draco
One Of The Best

Quote originally posted by Lincoln West:
If anyone has any feedback on the ideas I posted for a Naruto based RP please feel free to post. The only way something like that will get off the ground is with feedback from those who might be interested.
What about mine? It's been there since yesterday. BTW Lincoln West, where is the one you posted?(which page is it)

Spoiler:

Yours And Mine

Current RP I'm:

Old March 31st, 2012 (09:42 PM).
Ice.
Ice.

Nature: Hardy
Hello, Is anyone here good at making maps? That's one of the few things I need before I open the Nations RP. I already tried submitting a request at the Art Gallery but no word on that yet. And I tried making my own map, but it failed. Please and thank you.
Old March 31st, 2012 (09:47 PM).
Lincoln West
Drowzee

Sorry draco, I think things have been lost in the flurry of responses. If I'm not mistaken, my response should be at the bottom of the page previous to this.

Jackson (Male Shieldon) Lvl 24: Toxic, Sandstorm, Protect, Iron Head, Stealth Rock, Dig
Ability: Sturdy

Bixi (Female Tirtouga) Lvl 24: Crunch, Aqua Tail, Sandstorm, Ice Beam, Stone Edge, Iron Defense
Ability: Solid Rock

Siege (Male Geodude) Lvl 22: Defense Curl, Attract, Rock Polish, Rock Throw, Magnitude, Roll Out
Ability: Rock Head
Old April 1st, 2012 (05:34 AM).
Pokemonmaster_draco
One Of The Best

Quote originally posted by Lincoln West:
I'm a massive Naruto fan, so I'd definitely be interested in it. But I think the best way to start would be - at the start. At least for our characters.

It could be set during the initial and early reign of The Third Hokage (Old Man Hokage/Sarutobi), before the Fourth takes over. Characters would begin as newly graduated Genin and we would follow them throughout whatever overbranching story arc is decided. That way people new to the series can learn about Chakra, Natures, Jutsu etc. etc. as their fledgling characters do.

An alternative idea even more suited to entry-level players is to NOT set it in the leaf. Why not set it in the Sand, or the Mist, or a minor ninja village that isn't one of the great five? That way we can avoid getting tangled up in the main series' plotlines and characters for longer. Players could decide their characters chakra natures and specialities, be grouped into teams, go on a few missions and develop before taking part in Chunnin Exams. We can follow the structure of the series without having to follow the series itself.
Marvelous........absolutely marvelous!!! This is great. I was thinking on a new storyline but this, no really, it's perfect. I'd join it right away dude. So are you going to create it

Spoiler:

Yours And Mine

Current RP I'm:

Old April 1st, 2012 (05:53 AM).
Nideous
The world refused to change...

Nature: Gentle
A Naruto RP sounds epic guys. I'd join in a heartbeat.

On that note, what do people think of a Skies of Arcadia RP? I loved that universe and the things in it, but I'm having a little trouble with working out a story for it.

RIANBOW SPADE! (My answer to everything. )
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links