The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 28th, 2011, 03:46 PM
pokemongarnet
CAT-BUS!

That sounds pretty good, definitely haven't seen that plot yet either. I'd say go ahead with it.
Old February 28th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Kon~
Follow your dream to the end ~

Nature: Hasty
Hi there, RP Disc.!

I've been out and away from PC for nearly a year and I was thinking of restarting an RP that I began before my absence but was unable to officially "start". The name of the RP was +Pokéma and I really liked the idea, thus regretting that it never took off.

Here's the post I had planned originally:
Spoiler:
+Pokéma
[Based on the manga, +Anima]
There is a phenomenon that nearly all know about, but few believe. It is said that when a child, before the age of fourteen, is close to death, the power of a Pokémon is bestowed upon them with the hope that it will help them survive. This power, a spirit called a Pokéma, creates a mark upon the child's body, from which, at will, the child can change that part of their body into a Pokémon part, and back again. No one knows the true power of these Pokéma, but a child who is blessed in one man's eyes will be cursed in another's. The child may use the Pokéma for as long as they need to, right into adulthood, but once they have found a place where they are cared for, and safe, the Pokéma is needed no more, and it leaves to help another child.
Most +Pokéma live on the mainland of Johto and Kanto. In Kanto, +Pokéma are generally seen as things to be afraid of, as savage, inhuman beings, and may be chased out of town, but other places accept them freely. For some reason, all +Pokéma are viewed as the same entity, so if one +Pokéma does something wrong, it becomes believed that all +Pokéma do the same. +Pokéma must act carefully while in Kanto. If they manage to traverse the tough mountain terrain of Silver, Johto's customs are different. There, all +Pokéma may live and work as they wish - as long as they can identify themselves as the slaves of others. A group of +Pokéma all owned by one person often travel together around the region. They can do as they please under the laws of Johto, but if they do wrong, it is the owner who is punished. Free +Pokéma are often captured to be sold to the slave owners. There are known to be +Pokéma in Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova, but these places are far from the mainland, and take many weeks to travel too by ship, and so will not be seen during the RP.
You, a +Pokéma, have heard of a gathering taking place at Lavender Tower, where a well-known Flygon +Pokéma named Janin is looking for accomplices to help him raid a slave shipment in Goldenrod in Johto. You think it might be a good idea; you were recently run from your home town after being discovered as a +Pokéma, and you think it would be better if the laws were changed in Johto, and views changed in Kanto, because then you could have a normal life.
Your journey begins here...
Sign-up:
Name: (Don't make it too over-the-top. Names in +Anima are often a little out of the ordinary but are still names.)
Age: (+Pokéma are created under the age of 14. If you are over 14, you will have had a Pokéma for a while. All ages are accepted.)
Pokéma: (Which Pokéma do you have? No legendaries, and if you're an evolved Pokémon, try not to make it too over-powered, please. Describe where your marking is, what it looks like and how the Pokéma manifests.)
Personality: (A decent amount; 2-3 paragraphs, please.)
History: (Again, a decent amount; 3-4 paragraphs please. You may use one of those paragraphs to describe how you gained your Pokéma.)
Appearance: (2-3 paragraphs again, please. Describe overall appearance, and detail is your friend. Please also describe clothing - and how you use it to cover your +Pokéma marking if necessary)
RP Sample: (Necessary. I need to see how well you RP. If you are unsatisfactory, you will not be accepted. If your posts do not match the quality of your sample... well, you have been warned. ;) )
Places/reservations:
1. Myself (Kon~)
After sign-up, SUs will be added to the OP of the OOC thread. Don't post more OOC than necessary in the RP thread. Remember that all RP rules apply to this RP too. And have fun!
Welcome to the world of +Pokéma!

I'd like to know if there's still interest in an RP like this before I try and recreate it. :D

"You want to look up at the sky and always see the stars." ~ Things You Remember
~~
~~

Last edited by Kon~; February 28th, 2011 at 08:20 PM.
Old February 28th, 2011, 10:12 PM
eishiba
Beginning Trainer

Can anyone tell me if there is a limit to how much beginning plot, or prologue there should be? I have one ready to go but its going to have ALOT of information. I fear this may take a long time to read. I suppose you could equate it to the prologue in the last two or three mortal kombat games. Its just the big story starting with explaining how things are and what has happened and such. This may take me a few days to get it perfect but should I make it just short? I noticed alot of other RP's have just a quick overview of what is happening. Would it be bad if it was incredibly long? And if its fine to do that, should I wrap it in a spoiler?
Old March 1st, 2011, 07:08 AM
Adventure
trust your doctor

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kon~ View Post
Hi there, RP Disc.!

I've been out and away from PC for nearly a year and I was thinking of restarting an RP that I began before my absence but was unable to officially "start". The name of the RP was +Pokéma and I really liked the idea, thus regretting that it never took off.

Spoiler:
+Pokéma
There is a phenomenon that nearly all know about, but few believe. It is said that when a child, before the age of fourteen, is close to death, the power of a Pokémon is bestowed upon them with the hope that it will help them survive. This power, a spirit called a Pokéma, creates a mark upon the child's body, from which, at will, the child can change that part of their body into a Pokémon part, and back again. No one knows the true power of these Pokéma, but a child who is blessed in one man's eyes will be cursed in another's. The child may use the Pokéma for as long as they need to, right into adulthood, but once they have found a place where they are cared for, and safe, the Pokéma is needed no more, and it leaves to help another child.
Most +Pokéma live on the mainland of Johto and Kanto. In Kanto, +Pokéma are generally seen as things to be afraid of, as savage, inhuman beings, and may be chased out of town, but other places accept them freely. For some reason, all +Pokéma are viewed as the same entity, so if one +Pokéma does something wrong, it becomes believed that all +Pokéma do the same. +Pokéma must act carefully while in Kanto. If they manage to traverse the tough mountain terrain of Silver, Johto's customs are different. There, all +Pokéma may live and work as they wish - as long as they can identify themselves as the slaves of others. A group of +Pokéma all owned by one person often travel together around the region. They can do as they please under the laws of Johto, but if they do wrong, it is the owner who is punished. Free +Pokéma are often captured to be sold to the slave owners. There are known to be +Pokéma in Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova, but these places are far from the mainland, and take many weeks to travel too by ship, and so will not be seen during the RP.
You, a +Pokéma, have heard of a gathering taking place at Lavender Tower, where a well-known Flygon +Pokéma named Janin is looking for accomplices to help him raid a slave shipment in Goldenrod in Johto. You think it might be a good idea; you were recently run from your home town after being discovered as a +Pokéma, and you think it would be better if the laws were changed in Johto, and views changed in Kanto, because then you could have a normal life.
Sign-up:
Name: (Don't make it too over-the-top. Names in +Anima are often a little out of the ordinary but are still names.)
Age: (+Pokéma are created under the age of 14. If you are over 14, you will have had a Pokéma for a while. All ages are accepted.)
Pokéma: (Which Pokéma do you have? No legendaries, and if you're an evolved Pokémon, try not to make it too over-powered, please. Describe where your marking is, what it looks like and how the Pokéma manifests.)
History: (Again, a decent amount; 3-4 paragraphs please. You may use one of those paragraphs to describe how you gained your Pokéma.)
Appearance: (2-3 paragraphs again, please. Describe overall appearance, and detail is your friend. Please also describe clothing - and how you use it to cover your +Pokéma marking if necessary)
RP Sample: (Necessary. I need to see how well you RP. If you are unsatisfactory, you will not be accepted. If your posts do not match the quality of your sample... well, you have been warned. ;) )
Places/reservations:
1. Myself (Kon~)
After sign-up, SUs will be added to the OP of the OOC thread. Don't post more OOC than necessary in the RP thread. Remember that all RP rules apply to this RP too. And have fun!

I'd like to know if there's still interest in an RP like this before I try and recreate it. :D
Ah, I remember that RP :D I don't know how well known that manga is, but if you make it so that people can play along without having read it, I'd say post away :) Just, maybe add breaks between paragraphs. Much easier to read that way.

And: ADD A RATING. Hm, why do people miss that particular rule all the time? I know it's not always easy to know exactly what rating you want an RP to have, but you CAN change it later on (if all the players agree on that an RP wants to move towards, say, PG-15 instead of the slightly less mature PG-13), so better be safe than sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eishiba View Post
Can anyone tell me if there is a limit to how much beginning plot, or prologue there should be? I have one ready to go but its going to have ALOT of information. I fear this may take a long time to read. I suppose you could equate it to the prologue in the last two or three mortal kombat games. Its just the big story starting with explaining how things are and what has happened and such. This may take me a few days to get it perfect but should I make it just short? I noticed alot of other RP's have just a quick overview of what is happening. Would it be bad if it was incredibly long? And if its fine to do that, should I wrap it in a spoiler?
This is an example of an RP with relatively little story. And this is an example of an RP with relatively much story. You can put some parts in spoilers if you want to, but then you should probably write a header above the spoiler.
Old March 1st, 2011, 08:18 AM
eishiba
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
Ah, I remember that RP :D I don't know how well known that manga is, but if you make it so that people can play along without having read it, I'd say post away Just, maybe add breaks between paragraphs. Much easier to read that way.

And: ADD A RATING. Hm, why do people miss that particular rule all the time? I know it's not always easy to know exactly what rating you want an RP to have, but you CAN change it later on (if all the players agree on that an RP wants to move towards, say, PG-15 instead of the slightly less mature PG-13), so better be safe than sorry.

This is an example of an RP with relatively little story. And this is an example of an RP with relatively much story. You can put some parts in spoilers if you want to, but then you should probably write a header above the spoiler.

I think my Prologue could pass as its own chapter...is that too much? Should I cut it down?
Old March 1st, 2011, 09:40 AM
Kon~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
Ah, I remember that RP :D I don't know how well known that manga is, but if you make it so that people can play along without having read it, I'd say post away :) Just, maybe add breaks between paragraphs. Much easier to read that way.

Thanks! :D
I'll refine it a bit (that was c/p from my original document... a year ago) and put the formatting back in - and pick a rating - before submitting it.

"You want to look up at the sky and always see the stars." ~ Things You Remember
~~
~~
Old March 1st, 2011, 11:55 AM
Adventure
trust your doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by eishiba View Post
I think my Prologue could pass as its own chapter...is that too much? Should I cut it down?
If you're really unsure, you can PM me the opening post before posting it in the forum. But since threads are moderated, I will see it before anyone else anyways.
Old March 1st, 2011, 02:35 PM
pokemongarnet
CAT-BUS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kon~ View Post
Hi there, RP Disc.!

Spoiler:
+Pokéma
Sign-up:
Places/reservations:
1. Myself (Kon~)

AHHHHHHHGHGHGHG. Awwwwww. Darn, I Am making something just like this only different, so i guess I won't do it since u had the idea first.
EDIT: You know what I don't think it's that much like it, Ill send you a copy of mine ~Kon. When I'm done and if it's too much like yours I won't do it.

Last edited by pokemongarnet; March 1st, 2011 at 05:53 PM.
Old March 2nd, 2011, 07:57 AM
Wasen
The Wolf of Darkness

Nature: Quiet
Anywone who is acquaintance with Fire Emblem can join my Fire Emblem RP. We have started little on it but it's not too late to join it
My Heart Gold team:
Pidgeon, Amphy Typhlo

Victry Geng Gyara

Challenges:
Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova
Old March 2nd, 2011, 01:03 PM
pokemongarnet
CAT-BUS!

I've decided not to post my RP for a while until a few die down, because some are kind of like it.
Old March 2nd, 2011, 01:07 PM
Adventure
trust your doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemongarnet View Post
I've decided not to post my RP for a while until a few die down, because some are kind of like it.
That sounds pretty wise to me.
Old March 2nd, 2011, 04:40 PM
Dumbo Decus
Beginning Trainer

:X I've been waiting for a good RP to jump in. I'm too lazy(READ: Busy) to make my own. In the meantime... I'll return to lurking.
Old March 2nd, 2011, 05:21 PM
Mizan de la Plume Kuro
Bass, Bass Everywhere!

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mizan de la Plume Kuro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbo Decus View Post
:X I've been waiting for a good RP to jump in. I'm too lazy(READ: Busy) to make my own. In the meantime... I'll return to lurking.
This post brought to you by the RP '1884'. Why yes. This is advertising.
his heart..." - Cutlerine
---

.F a n f i c t i o N.
The Promise I Made to You

SWC 2012 Second Place
Old March 3rd, 2011, 02:38 PM
Kon~

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemongarnet View Post
AHHHHHHHGHGHGHG. Awwwwww. Darn, I Am making something just like this only different, so i guess I won't do it since u had the idea first.
EDIT: You know what I don't think it's that much like it, Ill send you a copy of mine ~Kon. When I'm done and if it's too much like yours I won't do it.
Gaaaah! I'm so sorry *bows* *bows*

I've been sitting on this RP for a while, so I didn't mean to whip it out while yours was on it's way D:

EDIT: I've posted it, Red, if you want to take a look :p

~~
~~

Last edited by Kon~; March 3rd, 2011 at 03:07 PM.
Old March 4th, 2011, 12:41 AM
Diamond1304
Gym Leader

Nature: Adamant
I got a cool idea for a RP and it's basically you roleplaying as a Trainer with a Pokemon team. So you get to write in perspective of the Trainer him/herself and the Pokemon he/she owns themselves. Has this idea been taken? I haven't seen this anyway, so I just thought I could use. If it has been announced that it's been 'reserved' or thought of, I could wait for another time to post it up if it's ok with everyone.

Old March 4th, 2011, 12:51 AM
Kon~

Oop... I tried posting an OOC thread for +Pokéma and it timed out, so I tried again and it said I'd already posted... but the thread's not showing up. What do?! D:

~~
~~
Old March 4th, 2011, 04:58 AM
Diamond1304
Gym Leader

Our wonderful mod would accepted in no time so don't worry! XD

Old March 9th, 2011, 05:32 AM
Adventure
trust your doctor

Just posting to say that I added a rule about thread revival (you can (and should!) read it in the RULES thread).

When one month or more has passed since the last post in an RP or OOC thread, only the GM may post and revive it. If two or more months has passed, nobody may post. The thread by then really is dead by PC standards. If you realize you still want to play that RP, you better make a new one instead.
Old March 12th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Abyss Master
Beginning Trainer

Alright, I'm not new to roleplaying but I'm definitely new to Pokémon roleplaying, and I'm having a bit of a hard time figuring out how to properly involve myself in the roleplays that are going on right now. The interesting ones seem to be too far ahead for me to effectively jump into the action, and the rest don't really appeal to me that much. Anyone got suggestions on roleplays I could take a look at that accept newcomers?

By the way, the kind of roleplay I enjoy is where the players are trainers, not Pokémon (Mystery Dungeon style).

Hopefully it's not a bother - I just feel really lost going through all the threads and trying to find something I can really participate in. ;;
Old March 13th, 2011, 12:13 AM
Adventure
trust your doctor

Well, Aurora Borealis looks interesting to me, maybe you should try to sign up for that last spot?

Or Isshu Diaries, which looks like it will be fun. You'll have to compete for the spots with the other potential players there.

I think there are two open spots in the Johto's New League RP. I'm a player there as well. It's solid but slow-moving.
Old March 13th, 2011, 06:29 AM
MichaelaTheUchiha
Forever Shawol and Aileean

Actually, RHCP, Aurora Borealis's SUs are already closed. D= So, sadly enough, he can't join that RP. XD

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r417/MichaelaTheUchiha/Onew277-2.jpg
Old March 13th, 2011, 07:08 AM
Adventure
trust your doctor

Oh well. When I posted that, the first post still said there was a spot open.

I think you can afford to be picky. There are new RPs opening up every other day. Some are bound to meet your standards. I hope.
Old March 14th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Zamorak
Well, i'm back =P

I'm just tossing an idea out there, we've seen possible a dozen or so human to pokemon RPs, but not very many[if any] pokemon to human?
If someone wants to use that for an RP feel free, i'm mostly concentrated on my RP but it just popped into my head and though, "This is good" then tucked it away and let it see if it survived all the other thousands of thoughts that get thrown into my head.
It did so it passed the test that all my good ideas go through, but i'm already engaged so let someone else use that idea...
just a thought [that survived my thought elimination process]
We are coming together
We are falling apart
We are coming together
And then it all makes sense again

SPREAD THE FAIL WHALE!
▄██████████████▄▐█▄▄▄▄█▌
██████▌▄▌▄▐▐▌███▌▀▀██▀▀
████▄█▌▄▌▄▐▐▌▀███▄▄█▌
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀
So awesome that its a win
Old March 16th, 2011, 12:24 AM
Diamond1304
Gym Leader

I'm not sure what my last Elite Four type should be for my Journey RP. I'm left with either a Ground type user or a Fighting type user. Which do you think would be much better? Fighting type E4s have been quite common in the recent gens. Sinnoh's E4 was the first to use Ground type(Bertha). Should I follow the flow or try and be different? Ground-types aren't exactly popular and good, but Fighting-types are too cliche like Lucarion and Machamp. >.<

Old March 16th, 2011, 12:32 AM
Aura.Lucario
The Rivers will run red....

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Yahoo to Aura.Lucario
Quote:
Actually, RHCP, Aurora Borealis's SUs are already closed. D= So, sadly enough, he can't join that RP. XD
Quote:
Well, Aurora Borealis looks interesting to me, maybe you should try to sign up for that last spot?
*le gasp* I can't believe the RHCP still remembers my RP! *too happy and faints*

Well I still have another RP Pokemon Wild West that still have some SU spaces xD

The most Caring Girlfriend/Pair Ever

PC Brothers:
SuperVegeta
[ silver ]
Miju-kun
Diamond1304/
Blaziken15
Rustymenon
InkHeart

PC Sisters:
Marina E. silver
Mzmingle