Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Theatre > Roleplay Stage
Reload this Page Roleplay Discussion Thread

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Stage This is where the In-Character roleplaying happens. Before you create a thread here, recruit some players in Roleplay Casting. Your very own legend is about to unfold! A world of dreams and adventures awaits! Let's go!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old April 2nd, 2012 (08:42 PM). Edited April 2nd, 2012 by Yagerbomb.
←Apple Jack

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by Raikiri:
I'd greatly consider it. I had joined the previous one and was disappointed in the lack of progress it made in starting.
It sucked that I had to leave before we could start the first one, but that's RL for ya. So I'll remake it then?

EDIT: I has dun submitted it, Skymin accepted it last time, let's hope for Two for Two!

Team Apple Jack My RP -Star Wars: A Republic Dark Age

RP's I am In:

New World Order as Arro Malthesis
Old April 3rd, 2012 (12:38 AM).
ModeratorCS

Nature: Naive
Quote originally posted by Yagerbomb:
Hello, I was thinking of remaking a Star Wars RP I had made a while back. The question is, is anyone interested in it?
Yeah, if you promised you'd be a determined GM who wanted to see the thing through to the end or at least keep it up as long as the players are interested ;D

I've said numerous times that I want a Star Wars RP. A Knights of the Old Republic-esque one, preferably~
Old April 3rd, 2012 (05:08 AM).
A mad mind... hehe

Nature: Serious
@Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers KOTOR was indeed an awesome game. I would like to see one in that time period as well, but would it be before or after Malak's reign ends?
Old April 3rd, 2012 (11:22 AM).
See You Space Cowboy

...I hate you guys. Can't you just wait until summer(or winter if you're below the equator) to throw around your ideas? I can't join any more RPs atm...

Paired with the Epic Legend
Old April 3rd, 2012 (11:57 AM).
Arrest this man

Quote originally posted by Supervegeta:
...I hate you guys. Can't you just wait until summer(or winter if you're below the equator) to throw around your ideas? I can't join any more RPs atm...
It is our job to make sure you can't join any more RPs and win the RPAs! d:<

@Star Wars: I used to be a fan of star wars, but I completely forgot almost everything about it :(
Old April 3rd, 2012 (12:10 PM).
ModeratorCS

I feel the same. But don't worry, there hasn't been a drought of new RPs for over a year now from what I can recall so likely there'll be RPs to join when you are ready, and not just now when you're not.
Old April 3rd, 2012 (12:16 PM).
I'm back!

Location: Standing at the edge of the world! Thinking let's jump off!
OK well that's at least five people who would join if they have the time. So it looks like it would fill quite quickly.

Quote originally posted by Reader_Maniac:
It lookes cool. I would happily join and help if you need me to, though I have no prior GM experience. What do you need help with if you already have the basic story though?
Things like a little bit of help reworking the plot and fleshing out the NPCs, but mainly helping with making NPC posts once the RP is underway. It was too ambitious of me to attempt to run it alone and a style similar to Atlantis Arising will suit my original plans better that how I was structuring it first time round.

Well, if you are talking to me, it seems like everyone else is busy right now too so. I will begin work and set myself a date to release this RP, lets say July. That gives everyone interested a bit of warning to do what they must.

Anyone who wants to Co-GM should PM me, be aware that I may have to spoil the plot if you help out. So if you want to try to solve the mysteries then this isn't a job for you.
Old April 3rd, 2012 (12:31 PM).
The Cripple Who Is Whole

Send a message via Skype™ to Zero Darkness
I want to make a Bleach RP, it might me complicated, but in the bleach wikia there is everything you need to know. Someone want to help me? I would like Co-GM with someone else, if so, talk to me in skype.
"There are two types of fights. Whenever we are in battle, we must be one of the two. The fight for life or…the fight for pride! Right now…He is fighting for his pride! His wife’s pride…his men's pride…Most importantly…his own personal pride. Dismiss this as his stubbornness…and let him fight alone like this…" -Jushiro Ukitake, Bleach-

"It's meaningless to just live, it's meaningless to just fight. I want to win!" -Ichigo Kurosaki, Bleach-
Old April 3rd, 2012 (02:44 PM).
part time demon hunter
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
GUYS THE STAR WARS RP IS UP IF YOU WANT IT SINCE PEOPLE SEEM TO BE PRETTY EXCITED ABOUT IT.

How about a new topic?

What kind of character is your favourite to use?
Old April 3rd, 2012 (02:47 PM).

The Naruto based RP's OOC thread is up too, for those who were/are interested.

Jackson (Male Shieldon) Lvl 24: Toxic, Sandstorm, Protect, Iron Head, Stealth Rock, Dig
Ability: Sturdy

Bixi (Female Tirtouga) Lvl 24: Crunch, Aqua Tail, Sandstorm, Ice Beam, Stone Edge, Iron Defense
Ability: Solid Rock

Siege (Male Geodude) Lvl 22: Defense Curl, Attract, Rock Polish, Rock Throw, Magnitude, Roll Out
Ability: Rock Head
Old April 3rd, 2012 (03:01 PM).
King of the Hell

My TRON: Derezzed RP is up in the OOC Section! Go find it, or simple click [TRON: Derezzed] in my signature!
Old April 3rd, 2012 (03:05 PM).
←Apple Jack

Quote originally posted by Skymin:
GUYS THE STAR WARS RP IS UP IF YOU WANT IT SINCE PEOPLE SEEM TO BE PRETTY EXCITED ABOUT IT.

How about a new topic?

I'm supposed to tell them that it's open.

Anyways, yes that Star Wars RP is open. Click here

Team Apple Jack My RP -Star Wars: A Republic Dark Age

RP's I am In:

New World Order as Arro Malthesis
Old April 3rd, 2012 (03:36 PM).
A mad mind... hehe

@Everyone No offense to Zerin or Lincoln but.... JOIN THE STAR WARS RP NOW!!!!

....That is all.
Old April 3rd, 2012 (04:33 PM).
King of the Hell

[TRON: DEREZZED]

Just sayin'.

I need some interested people, but it seems like no one wants to join, because they don't know TRON. Even if you don't, it's fairly easy to research (or see a movie, either the original, or more preferably, TRON: Legacy).
Old April 3rd, 2012 (04:41 PM).
A mad mind... hehe

People, join Zerin's RP as well! Tron is an awesome world and I have many friends who aren't on PC that love it. It's not hard to understand, unfortunately I've joined too many RPs already, but give some love to my man Zerin and check it out!
Old April 3rd, 2012 (09:20 PM).
ModeratorCS

Quote originally posted by Greiger:
People, join Zerin's RP as well! Tron is an awesome world and I have many friends who aren't on PC that love it. It's not hard to understand, unfortunately I've joined too many RPs already, but give some love to my man Zerin and check it out!
I love Tron. Seen my usertitle which I have kept for half a year now? I don't know about one more RP though ;; maybe...

Omfg. The Star Wars RP as well. Tron and Star Wars AND dat ninja RP at the same time. Life's not fair. Sooo.... if I join all of them but fall behind in some, nobody's gonna be mad, riiight?
Old April 3rd, 2012 (10:10 PM).
«Dual Wield» User
Crystal Tier

Nature: Bashful
Star Wars seems complicated for me. The Tron RP looks interesting, but I don't have time to join too many RPs. If I suddenly reserve spots in one day, who knows if I'll even finish them. I would join Tron, but I declined. I hope the RPs go well though.

RHCP-So are you making that RP I asked to reserve a spot for? I really wanna be a warrior. :D No rush though!

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Old April 3rd, 2012 (10:43 PM).
ModeratorCS

Quote originally posted by ShinyDiamond:
Star Wars seems complicated for me. The Tron RP looks interesting, but I don't have time to join too many RPs. If I suddenly reserve spots in one day, who knows if I'll even finish them. I would join Tron, but I declined. I hope the RPs go well though.

RHCP-So are you making that RP I asked to reserve a spot for? I really wanna be a warrior. :D No rush though!
I don't think I'll be making more RPs before the summer.
Old April 3rd, 2012 (10:43 PM).
See You Space Cowboy

Lol, I like how everyone completely disregarded the mod's question. Now that's respect!

What kind of character is your favorite* (your poor english shall not work on me!) to use?

Lol, you know my trademark. I love playing the bad guys, the crooks , the baddies, the desperadoes, the criminals, the outlaws...basically, the villains. Here's why.

Very few other people are willing, and/or able to play a well-designed 'bad guy'. In honesty, lots of people like playing the good guy who gets along with everyone and willing to protect anyone in any given situation, or something of that nature. But very few people are willing to be on the other end of the spectrum, the one doing the harming; the one being the scoundrel, the evil-doer, the a$$ hole. I'm proud to say I think I usually play them pretty well. There's also a certain pleasure I get when RPs usually hate my characters. The more they dislike them, especially if it was their intention to be disliked, the more I feel I'm doing my job right. A lot of times, you'd see bad guys in RPs and they'd be doing something evil, but very few people ever ask...why is he doing this? What makes him bad? It would just be assumed: he's the bad guy, he has to go down. He's evil. Very few people go in depth on why they do it, why they think that way. Contrary to many others' beliefs, not all villains believe that what they are doing is wrong, but they just think about it a different way. So I love playing the villains to show you that maybe sometimes something is not always as it seems. Sometimes, the bad guy is doing it because the reasoning may actually be logical. Sometimes, if you look at it from their perspective, they may not be that bad after all.

*cough* Sorry, I guess I got into it a little bit.

Lots of great RPs popping up and so little time to join them all....

Paired with the Epic Legend
Old April 4th, 2012 (04:50 AM).
The Awakened
Crystal Tier

Nature: Lonely
Lol, I like how everyone completely disregarded the mod's question. Now that's respect!
I didn't! I just had to think of an intelligent response. Takes a while ya know? Makes my thinker box hurt.

Quote originally posted by Skymin:

How about a new topic?

First of all, I am on the same page as Supervegeta in that villains are pretty fun to play. I haven't too much time to play them but the limited does I have had the honor to engage in such roleplaying, it was quite an enthralling experience. Developing villains is a bit harder than developing a hero, so while character growth is harder to manage if it is done well it can be quite rewarding.

That being said, I like playing "neutral" characters or even "anti-heroes" the most. It is fun to make them watch from the sidelines and only be drawn to combat because it suits their best interests at the time. Sure, they will eventually or most likely will serve the greater good and join with the "good guys" but it is without serious consideration of the other side. Writing out that inner conflict can be really fun.

I am guilty of playing heroes the most however, ironically in opposition to Supervegeta's characters as of late.

Paired with the manly SV
Old April 4th, 2012 (05:14 AM).
La tristeza es mi sangre
Crystal Tier

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to The Prince of Sweet Sorrow

What kind of character is your favorite* (your poor english shall not work on me!) to use?

Lol, you know my trademark. I love playing the bad guys, the crooks , the baddies, the desperadoes, the criminals, the outlaws...basically, the villains. Here's why.

Very few other people are willing, and/or able to play a well-designed 'bad guy'. In honesty, lots of people like playing the good guy who gets along with everyone and willing to protect anyone in any given situation, or something of that nature. But very few people are willing to be on the other end of the spectrum, the one doing the harming; the one being the scoundrel, the evil-doer, the a$$ hole. I'm proud to say I think I usually play them pretty well. There's also a certain pleasure I get when RPs usually hate my characters. The more they dislike them, especially if it was their intention to be disliked, the more I feel I'm doing my job right. A lot of times, you'd see bad guys in RPs and they'd be doing something evil, but very few people ever ask...why is he doing this? What makes him bad? It would just be assumed: he's the bad guy, he has to go down. He's evil. Very few people go in depth on why they do it, why they think that way. Contrary to many others' beliefs, not all villains believe that what they are doing is wrong, but they just think about it a different way. So I love playing the villains to show you that maybe sometimes something is not always as it seems. Sometimes, the bad guy is doing it because the reasoning may actually be logical. Sometimes, if you look at it from their perspective, they may not be that bad after all.

*cough* Sorry, I guess I got into it a little bit.

Lots of great RPs popping up and so little time to join them all....
Ahh.. SO THAT'S WHY!!!
Damn dude, we've been together in the ONLY RP where you were a good guy.. FML xD

Well anyway, I'm known for playing bad guys as well. Being good seems boring to me for some reason; it's no fun, in some way. Being good doesn't change alot of things in the RP, while being bad is pretty unpredictable.
I think I like playing bad guys because it truly fulfills me, I feel like I'm exploring the "other side" through my character, as I'm usually nice if I say so myself.
Also "bad" can mean alot of things. Bad characters like Hannibal Lecter are always complicated, and that's exactly what I love about them... but the fact that they may not be sane entices me.

tl;dr it's good to be bad

EDIT: Okay so:
VILLAINS: 3
GOOD BUTTERFLIES: 0

FCK YEA.
Old April 4th, 2012 (10:09 AM).
ModeratorCS

I think I've answered the character thing several times before so I won't bore you with another long post about it. :] I'm wondering something else though.

How come you loose interest in an RP? What usually makes you stop posting as a player, or as a GM for that matter?
Old April 4th, 2012 (10:33 AM).
Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader

Send a message via Skype™ to TornZero
Quote originally posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers:
How come you lose interest in an RP? What usually makes you stop posting as a player, or as a GM for that matter?
Joining an RP in the first place would require interest, so the RP itself is typically never a reason, unless the plot consistently develops in a way that turns me off. (Honestly, my own character(s) dying doesn't really change my interest in the RP if it's developing nicely.)

Instead, I'd have to say it's left to the players, really. Whether it's what they write, or the way they write, or the way they act in the OOC thread (especially about IC matters). I would be fine if the "problem" in question didn't last very long, but if it's something recurring or it happens with multiple people, I would have more of an urge to drop my character.

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.
Old April 4th, 2012 (10:46 AM).
One Of The Best

Nature: Modest
Quote originally posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers:
I think I've answered the character thing several times before so I won't bore you with another long post about it. :] I'm wondering something else though.

How come you loose interest in an RP? What usually makes you stop posting as a player, or as a GM for that matter?
It would be first of all the lack of characters participation and second, maybe where the story is going. I personally see the loss of interest in an RP happening when the GM is not serious(im not saying being serious ALL THE TIME, but sometime). E.g, PkmTrainer_Yellow has been GMing PTA for quite a while and from the looks of it, it has really interesting plot and problems that needs solving. Having a constructive mind results in having a constructive bad@$$ RP. Though this is my opinion, i don't know about the others

Spoiler:
A Scattered Dream That's Like A Far Off Memory......!
A Far Off Memory That's Like A Scattered Dream....!
I Want To Line The Pieces Up.....!

Yours And Mine

Current RP I'm:

Old April 4th, 2012 (11:06 AM).
King of the Hell

What character do I play as?

Hm... My characters are always... Well, different. I like to make them all special.

Kiyoko is a Zorua character, very childish and innocent, and he is tied into Pokemon Trainer Academy's plot as he was experimented on by the Rockets themselves. On top of that, he's beyond sheltered; he didn't know what steak even was, and when they mentioned playing, he was also clueless.

Kiba is... Well... An odd type of trainer. He calls his pokemon "friends", and considers them equals. honestly, being in Earth and Sky, the pokemon gained more of a personality than Kiba himself. He's just a very... Strange boy.

Raven... Wow, Raven. My favorite character so far. She was created as the most powerful mutant of the bunch; the downside is that she has NO control of her powers, and when they actually work the way she wants, they're almost guarenteed to backfire in her face.

????? is, well... No point in explaining if my TRON RP doesn't start, yeah?

Yeah... I like making odd characters. And I also like them to be a mystery.

So, I guess they're "good guys" (and girls), but they're not the regular kind of hero.

I was planning on making a "Dark, somewhat evil hero"... You know, the one you wouldn't expect to be on the good side.

_____

I was also considering making an "RPG"-esque type of roleplay.

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)