Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner
Reload this Page Roleplay Discussion Thread

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old April 14th, 2012 (12:37 PM).
Redizzle ma hawt chizzle pelipizzle's Avatar
Redizzle ma hawt chizzle pelipizzle Redizzle ma hawt chizzle pelipizzle is offline
thief of life

Nature: Naive
Quote originally posted by ShinyDiamond:
[COLOR="Red"]@-DeepImpact-: ._. That sounded like nerd talk, no offense. We're still working on the story, little by little.

I'm starting to re-think on how many will be accepted... *thinking*
Nerd talk? xD We are nerds here! It's a pokémon forum, after all. And it's true, what DeepImpact says, I also thought about it earlier. RPG has the same meaning as RP, pretty much. We just say RP instead of RPG here. Possibly to distinguish our written games from video games :3

4/13
Old April 14th, 2012 (12:48 PM).
A Glitch in the System

Nature: Calm
Technically, it still falls under RPG. There's still traces of the top RPG functions. Pokemon has a party system, types could be labeled as classes, and they constantly learn new "skills" (moves) as they progress. Deus Ex even uses a Skill Tree for advancing through the game. Borderlands is a great example, since the four characters are actually classes, they have skill trees, and rank up by level. Mass Effect is another good example, because it has different character types of Shepard and skills trees in it. As well as levels, if I remember correctly.

The meaning of RPG has been greatly expanded from what it used to be. So yes, it would be like Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest (man I love Dragon Quest), even Chrono Trigger.

We mean the classic "RPG" of turn based fighting, and class differentiation. Gotta love the nostalgia.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old April 14th, 2012 (12:55 PM).
Redizzle ma hawt chizzle pelipizzle Redizzle ma hawt chizzle pelipizzle is offline
thief of life

Quote originally posted by Zerin:
We mean the classic "RPG" of turn based fighting, and class differentiation. Gotta love the nostalgia.
I haven't played any such written roleplay before, so I would't know how to translate it into forum roleplaying. If you know though, feel free to try.

4/13
Old April 14th, 2012 (12:56 PM). Edited April 14th, 2012 by ShinyDiamond.
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
-.- Ok, RP RPG whatever. Zerin, let's continue discussing what to do with our RP.

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Old April 14th, 2012 (01:07 PM).
All Men Must Die.

Technically, it still falls under RPG. There's still traces of the top RPG functions. Pokemon has a party system, types could be labeled as classes, and they constantly learn new "skills" (moves) as they progress. Deus Ex even uses a Skill Tree for advancing through the game. Borderlands is a great example, since the four characters are actually classes, they have skill trees, and rank up by level. Mass Effect is another good example, because it has different character types of Shepard and skills trees in it. As well as levels, if I remember correctly.

The meaning of RPG has been greatly expanded from what it used to be. So yes, it would be like Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest (man I love Dragon Quest), even Chrono Trigger.

I wouldn't say that. There's a difference between skill trees and classes, and RPGs as far as I know have evolved and now have no fixed or top functions. The Party system is very different and not all RPG's implement it. Classes are again different and so are skill trees. These are just a few core ideas that are common in a few RPGs.

For example, Legend of Zelda is considered both a RPG and an Action Adventure series. RPG means when you assume the role of a character through a story, hence the name. Even Heavy Rain to an extent displays a few traits of an RPG, where we control almost all actions of a character.

So yeah nerd talk over. It's pretty much better defining it as FF/Dragon Quest-ish rather than diluting the term into what you want it to be.

@ShinyDiamond: Don't see how this is nerd talk, lol. But still gonna be a good old troll/nerd and say-

"n00b gtfo dis thread"

That was a joke. Don't take it seriously.
Old April 14th, 2012 (01:08 PM).
Pokemon Professor / RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
How dare thee! I am not a nerd! ;o

I'm a dork, and not even a dweeb either! QAQ

See? This chart says so. ;o
Old April 14th, 2012 (01:11 PM).
A Glitch in the System

Quote originally posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers:

I haven't played any such written roleplay before, so I would't know how to translate it into forum roleplaying. If you know though, feel free to try.
It's more of a video game genre that we're going to turn into a written adventure. I guess you'd have to have played many RPGs (like the ones DeepImact listed) to know the natural feel of it. Though it won't be literally turn-based or leveled or anything. Excuse the repetition here but it's going to be a more life-like take on RPG.

And that did used to be the term, but with the advancement of gaming it's become a loose term used for many games. Anyways, pushing aside our differing terms of words, is anyone interested in the idea?

@Dia just message me on facebook and we'll keep discussing.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old April 14th, 2012 (01:20 PM).
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

-.- Sigh... Let's change the subjext already, my brain can't take too much of this...

~Dia+PS~
Old April 14th, 2012 (01:30 PM).
All Men Must Die.

-.- Sigh... Let's change the subjext already, my brain can't take too much of this...
Don't really see the point of saying this right after the co-GM asks for opinion?

But yeah, okay lol. Sooooo...

I was kind of wondering, has anybody here been more excited for Roleplays not based on Pokemon? I sure have been quite looking forward to such RPs...
Old April 14th, 2012 (01:32 PM).
thief of life

If you don't like the current subject in a thread, then simply don't post in it, or don't even read it.

On another note, I will probably be posting a journey RP after all... I'm just deciding on whether or not to post it now or next week and whether or not to implement a leveling system.

And Impact, I had an interest for that kind of RPs a while back :3 Then I joined Atlantis and my needs were satisfied~ You should try joining that! If there are any spots open still. Now, as you may or may not have noticed, I'm in the mood for journey pokémon RPs.

4/13
Old April 14th, 2012 (01:43 PM).
All Men Must Die.

If you don't like the current subject in a thread, then simply don't post in it, or don't even read it.

On another note, I will probably be posting a journey RP after all... I'm just deciding on whether or not to post it now or next week and whether or not to implement a leveling system.

And Impact, I had an interest for that kind of RPs a while back :3 Then I joined Atlantis and my needs were satisfied~ You should try joining that! If there are any spots open still. Now, as you may or may not have noticed, I'm in the mood for journey pokémon RPs.
YEAH DO IT POST IT

Yeaaaah I kinda tried to sign up but spots were closed. :[
Old April 14th, 2012 (01:45 PM).
One cool snowman

Nature: Relaxed
@RHCP: But, but, but... I-If you post another Journey RP, then I'll have to join it you know that? This will be the bane of my grades... *Oh God Why?!-face*
Old April 14th, 2012 (01:49 PM). Edited April 14th, 2012 by Redizzle ma hawt chizzle pelipizzle.
thief of life

Quote originally posted by -DeepImpact-:

YEAH DO IT POST IT

Yeaaaah I kinda tried to sign up but spots were closed. :[
GO POST IN ARCANUM before you even try to join another one of mine xD

Quote originally posted by Mr. Mammoth:
@RHCP: But, but, but... I-If you post another Journey RP, then I'll have to join it you know that? This will be the bane of my grades... *Oh God Why?!-face*
Haha, I knooow it's bad for my grades as well lol. No, really. It's up to oneself if one wants to participate in many RPs. And really, if we didn't spend as much time just browsing the web lazily or watching TV, we'd actually have time to write posts for the RPs that we like. That's how I think about it :3 I guess I'll have to eat my own words soon enough.. haha. Won't be joining any more RPs for a while now, that's for sure!

I think I decided on a non-level system, where I give out moves to pokémon after battles sometimes instead. It'll be less restrictive and we won't have to have battles in every post in order to get somewhere in the game :3 like in Arcanum lol
Actually I think it'll be a spiritual sequel to *Foreigners!

EDIT: 'kay, posted it. Let's hope that Skymin approves it when she wakes up from her birthdaypartysleep ;) *makes wild inappropriate assumptions*

4/13
Old April 14th, 2012 (02:09 PM).
One cool snowman

@RHCP: Yaaaay innapropriate assumptions! My favourites! :3

I'm excited and horrified at the same time, I never thought that I'd ever have that combination... Anyway as stated before, I looooove Journey RPs. But this will be hard... Believe me.

I never really looked at Foreigners, but I'm sure that this one'll be awesome!
Old April 14th, 2012 (02:17 PM).
I'm back!

Location: Standing at the edge of the world! Thinking let's jump off!

GO POST IN ARCANUM before you even try to join another one of mine xD

Haha, I knooow it's bad for my grades as well lol. No, really. It's up to oneself if one wants to participate in many RPs. And really, if we didn't spend as much time just browsing the web lazily or watching TV, we'd actually have time to write posts for the RPs that we like. That's how I think about it :3 I guess I'll have to eat my own words soon enough.. haha. Won't be joining any more RPs for a while now, that's for sure!
^ Reason why I'm not posting my new RPs until after I've finished my degree. I have to agree that I spend too much time just lazing on the internet but I've stopped watching TV almost entirely. By June/July time I will be done forever and hoping to get a job. Then I should be posting at least one new RP, interestingly both planned will be co-owned.

New topic: Co-owning an RP vs going it alone
Old April 14th, 2012 (02:35 PM).
All Men Must Die.

Quote originally posted by The warden:
New topic: Co-owning an RP vs going it alone
Hmmmmmm..... I don't have any problem in any of the two. I only like to have a co GM so that (s)he can take over if I have any rl problems at the moment, or need help with storylines. And sometimes it's just cool to collaborate and mix different ideas!
Old April 14th, 2012 (02:41 PM).
One cool snowman

Co-owning or doing an RP alone?

Well, I feel that if you are new to being a GM you should probably try to GM alongside someone who is a veteran at it so that you'll gain some experience. However, if you feel that you can handle it alone, then fine. Do that! To me it feels like you should have some experience at first as well as a lot of responsibility. I mean I've never GMed before, but I'm sure that it's pretty tough at times!
Old April 14th, 2012 (03:03 PM).
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

I'd rather choose Co-Owning an RP. I realize I'm not good at being a GM alone.

I'm actually glad I get to Co-GM an RP with Zerin. It makes me feel happy. I'm more acquaintent with making an RP with someone than doing it alone. It helps me advance the RP forward.

~Dia+PS~
Old April 14th, 2012 (03:36 PM).
A Glitch in the System

I would prefer GMing alone, because I know I'm capable. However, I agreed to Co-GMing with ShinyDiamond for a number of reasons:

1. I know he needed the help, and i was happy to give it
2. I was already planning a similar RP, so instead of competing, I decided we could work together
3. I've never co-GMed before and thought I should start
4. Just in case I'm busy, I'll have back-up.

There are many more reasons, but those are the main. Plus, it's not really a bad thing to RP, and it actually makes me socialize instead of being in my little loner corner...

Old April 14th, 2012 (04:59 PM).
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

I would prefer GMing alone, because I know I'm capable. However, I agreed to Co-GMing with ShinyDiamond for a number of reasons:

1. I know he needed the help, and i was happy to give it
2. I was already planning a similar RP, so instead of competing, I decided we could work together
3. I've never co-GMed before and thought I should start
4. Just in case I'm busy, I'll have back-up.

There are many more reasons, but those are the main. Plus, it's not really a bad thing to RP, and it actually makes me socialize instead of being in my little loner corner...
Q-Q I feel so special now. Thanks for Co-GMing with me!

~Dia+PS~
Old April 14th, 2012 (05:14 PM).
A Glitch in the System

Q-Q I feel so special now. Thanks for Co-GMing with me!
You are special! And I know about your problem, so I can help you with it as a co-GM. Plus, you're a nice person, and it isn't your fault that you have outbursts.

We all have our problems. I'm not going to state mine, because I'm pretty sure I've already explained them.

Old April 14th, 2012 (05:51 PM).
Sapphire Princess

I'm wondering if anyone would like to be my Co-GM for my rp Sonic the Hedgehog: Legion of Chaos. This is the first RP I've made and I feel like I might do a better job with it if I have a Co-Gm

Ariadne (Ari) Davis and ???? Legion of Chaos (my RP)

Reiko Yomukomi Pokémon Fallout (M)

Sapphire (Saph) Michelle Dillon PTA-Entei Dorm
and
Amanda (Manda) Lynn Smith PTA-Suicune Dorm

Chisa Kimura PMD: Victory's Reign-Emolga Gijinka

Mayumi Suzuki PMD: Victory's Reign-Cherrim Gijinka

Mayu Kumi Hinisaki Youkai Academy- Kyuubi
Old April 14th, 2012 (06:00 PM).
part time demon hunter

Nature: Quirky
I prefer co-GMing now that I've done it. It just takes a little load off your shoulders to know there's a helping hand there to organise everything.
Old April 14th, 2012 (06:57 PM).
better

Nature: Jolly
@RHCP: YESYESYESYESYES YOU DID IT YAY? But...omg I'm so busy D: Hopefully it doesn't actually start for a few days xD Hnnngh...

And I've never ever co-gm'ed and RP before...I think I would like to try it, though, it seems a bit of a weight of your shoudlers just a bit :D

Edit: lol of course I say that and then look up and see the post before basically said the same thing wonderful
Old April 15th, 2012 (08:56 AM).
Scientist Salarian

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by -DeepImpact-:

There's a One Piece x Pokemon crossover RP called Uncharted Waters here, GMed by Ray Maverick and milktankRancher. You should join it if you are into that sort of thing d:
I've never really watched One Piece (Naruto and Fairy Tail are enough for me, along with whatever's out each season that doesn't feature panty shots/ magical girls*/ mindless rot every five seconds). It amuses me when people get into arguments about which series is better.

* Excluding Madoka, which I will be watching soon.

... Back on topic, I've never co-GMed anything. I've never GMed either...

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links