The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 21st, 2012, 08:49 AM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Nature: Hardy
What was the first RP you were in that actually finished? Did you want to continue? Were you glad or sad?

Legendary Rebels... It was probably for the best that it ended when it did, lest activity problems get to it first. I honestly felt mostly neutral about the timing of the ending. The ending itself was satisfactory though. *sagenod*
Old April 21st, 2012, 09:09 AM
Subsonic
Safe in My Hands

I haven't finished an RP on this forum ever. They usually amount to these reasons:

1. I am cursed and many RPs become inactive once I post. Rarely, they die, but it has happened a couple of times.

2. School leaves me unable to post. High school sucks.

3. The GM disappears.

Credit: Allstate + Eli Lieb

Last edited by Subsonic; April 21st, 2012 at 09:52 AM.
Old April 21st, 2012, 10:13 AM
Danger Zone
All Men Must Die.

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by First Snow View Post
I haven't finished an RP on this forum ever. They usually amount to these reasons:

1. I am cursed and many RPs become inactive once I post. Rarely, they die, but it has happened a couple of times.

2. School leaves me unable to post. High school sucks.

3. The GM disappears.
I don't think one should consider themselves cursed at all. :B Only a very very small percent of the RPs actually finish, and most of the RPs just die out without reaching an end. Correct me if I'm wrong, but from all the completed RPs that I checked, none of them had a lot of well known RPers out here who make good characters, and I hardly consider them cursed d;

If this indeed was true i'd say that like almost 90% of the RPers were in fact, cursed.
Old April 21st, 2012, 11:38 AM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by -DeepImpact- View Post

I don't think one should consider themselves cursed at all. :B Only a very very small percent of the RPs actually finish, and most of the RPs just die out without reaching an end. Correct me if I'm wrong, but from all the completed RPs that I checked, none of them had a lot of well known RPers out here who make good characters, and I hardly consider them cursed d;

If this indeed was true i'd say that like almost 90% of the RPers were in fact, cursed.
And going on that same logic, one could say that it is those same people that are the witches and warlocks casting said curses, albeit inadvertently. I mean, you know what they say, "The bonds of people is true power", but when the "bond" is broken, everything (and everyone) goes to Hell.
Old April 21st, 2012, 11:44 AM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Nature: Hardy
I hear that a lot too. Sometimes I worry PTA won't finish, due to how long it has to lee running to /reach/ a finish. Guess that just means I'll have to keep working hard to prevent that.
Old April 21st, 2012, 02:52 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Nature: Quirky
For the six years I've been here, I've only been in one RP that's finished (which I actually got the last post on :D) and that was The Uprising.

Actually, I have a topic which I need to get answered (because there's an emblem if you've been here long enough) and that is;

How long have you been roleplaying at PC? Or how long have you been roleplaying in general?
Old April 21st, 2012, 03:02 PM
プリンセスサファイア
Sapphire Princess

How long have you been roleplaying at PC? Or how long have you been roleplaying in general?

I've been roleplaying on PC for about a month, in general I've been roleplaying for five years now.

Ariadne (Ari) Davis and ???? Legion of Chaos (my RP)

Reiko Yo♥♥♥♥omi Pokémon Fallout (M)

Sapphire (Saph) Michelle Dillon PTA-Entei Dorm
and
Amanda (Manda) Lynn Smith PTA-Suicune Dorm

Chisa Kimura PMD: Victory's Reign-Emolga Gijinka

Mayumi Suzuki PMD: Victory's Reign-Cherrim Gijinka

Mayu Kumi Hinisaki Youkai Academy- Kyuubi
Old April 21st, 2012, 03:13 PM
WestsideConnection
Bow Down

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skymin View Post
For the six years I've been here, I've only been in one RP that's finished (which I actually got the last post on :D) and that was The Uprising.

Actually, I have a topic which I need to get answered (because there's an emblem if you've been here long enough) and that is;

I've been RPing on PC for about a year now, and that's all I have been roleplaying for.
Old April 21st, 2012, 03:23 PM
TornZero
Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader

Send a message via Skype™ to TornZero
Or how long have you been roleplaying in general?

As I count running in a towel-cape acting like a superhero as roleplaying, I would say since I was five. Strictly counting writing, though, a little over three years.

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.
Old April 21st, 2012, 03:25 PM
Danger Zone
All Men Must Die.

I'm going to hit a year of roleplaying here in the beginning of May. Cool, I'm an old timer lol.
Old April 21st, 2012, 03:36 PM
King!
better

Nature: Jolly
I actually came to PC in the first place looking to RP xD So...hmm...since the beginning of January of 2009? Yeah...I think. xD So three years and three monthsish :D
Old April 21st, 2012, 03:37 PM
Subsonic
Safe in My Hands

I've been rping almost as long as I have been here. I was roleplaying at another forum, a small one, rping with someone I got along with online. Hmm.. I think I have been role playing for a little over a year. I originally began rping to preserve my writing skills because I lacked inspiration to write anything. (I still lack it now.) My weakness when it comes to RPing would be sticking with the character I made for myself because I often feel really self-conscious which causes me to go out of character and another would be rping in third person.

Credit: Allstate + Eli Lieb

Last edited by Subsonic; April 21st, 2012 at 03:44 PM.
Old April 21st, 2012, 03:38 PM
SV
It was justified

I only started RPing when I started here, and that was one year and one month ago. Now give me my emblem.

Paired with the Epic Raikiri
Old April 21st, 2012, 03:39 PM
Lincoln West
Drowzee

I started roleplaying here the instant my PTA SU was accepted (it was like, the first thing I did here.) I've been roleplaying for thirteen years. I still got rejected from two roleplays here in the past month though, so it just goes to show that experience doesn't necessarily mean very much.

Jackson (Male Shieldon) Lvl 24: Toxic, Sandstorm, Protect, Iron Head, Stealth Rock, Dig
Ability: Sturdy

Bixi (Female Tirtouga) Lvl 24: Crunch, Aqua Tail, Sandstorm, Ice Beam, Stone Edge, Iron Defense
Ability: Solid Rock

Siege (Male Geodude) Lvl 22: Defense Curl, Attract, Rock Polish, Rock Throw, Magnitude, Roll Out
Ability: Rock Head
Old April 21st, 2012, 03:41 PM
銀ヤミ
Fighting to Renew my Past...

Nature: Lonely
I started a few months ago I believe (too lazy to check my own profile to be sure) but probably a bit more than a few months. But that's only PokeCommunity.

I used to visit Roleplay Guild, and a dozen other sites I forgot the names of, and even joined "The World's Biggest Roleplay Group" on facebook, though I rarely visit the latter.

Someone close (almost like a son, even though I'm only 17) had been RPing on here for some time, I'm not exactly sure how long. I think he preferred going by "Silver Dracul" though he could have used a different name here. Anyways, He's been gone for quite some time, I miss him a bit. My point is, he would always borrow my laptop to get on, and I found the address after he left, but I was adamant on joining. "As much as I like Pokemon, RPing it would seem too childish to me." However, when I actually checked it out, I changed my viewpoint and gave it a try. First PTA, followed by Earth&Sky, and now Power Sprint as well.

So, tl;dr

Time on PokeCommunity: 4-5 months
Roleplay in General: 8 Years (Give or take some months)

Yeah. Been playing these for quite some time now. Though I've never been in a finished RP.

Last edited by 銀ヤミ; April 21st, 2012 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Mistake in Roleplay in General. Started when I was 9 years old.
Old April 21st, 2012, 05:20 PM
|Equinox|
Going on a hiatus :'(

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to |Equinox|
well if you count my old accounts, I've been RPing here for exactly a year and two months.

Old April 21st, 2012, 05:46 PM
Cirrus
dreaming a transient dream.

Nature: Mild
I've been roleplaying for almost five years; I first roleplayed on a Fire Emblem-centric forum, but then moved here three years ago, I think it was. The roleplay forum on PC was what drew me here and away from that forum, actually.

I, uh, was originally going to post an anticipatory post about the roleplay I just finished writing (I've been working on it and related materials for it for almost five days non-stop), but now that I've answered that question ... I've been here for a long time, huh.

~あさきゆめみし君と~

さくらの色 いとしさの花 あさきゆめみし君と
そっとそっと口づけをして 涙あふれてく

pair · in tempore momenti · personal vloid playlist
d.c. ii art assets belong to circus. text: tororo.
Old April 21st, 2012, 08:14 PM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful

I've started since March. I've been roleplaying for about one year & a month now. It was the year March 2011 that I started, so a bit over a year now. I was a newbie back then, & now I'm in so many RPs. I've improved a lot since then, so I'm pretty happy.

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Old April 21st, 2012, 08:57 PM
revlis
The Sentinel
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest

At PC, I've been roleplaying for about 2 and a half years, before that I did mostly novel writing, entered quite a few contests and won one, started that about....6/7 odd years ago now, damn I feel old.

hahahahahaha
Old April 21st, 2012, 09:35 PM
WestsideConnection
Bow Down

Nature: Naughty
Another question if I may,

What factors make a great RP? In your opinion, what need to be in place for a successful RP to happen?

Me, I think loyal RP'ers are important. If there aren't RP'ers posting loyally on a RP, it isn't going anywhere, no matter how great the plot is.
Old April 22nd, 2012, 12:47 AM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
i've been RPing since January, my first RP was Pokemon Trainer Academy because my bestie recommended it to me XD
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old April 22nd, 2012, 05:41 AM
adventure
satellite physician

Nature: Naive
I'll try advertising here. There is an open spot in my journey/chapter RP Arcanum. It's fairly slow moving and we usually make quite long posts. In other words, it's a roleplay for people who like to write. Please join if you find shiny pokémon and a new (detailed) region interesting. Eevee will be your starter~
paired with : abnegation
roleplay: CLOUD v2.0
Old April 22nd, 2012, 06:08 AM
Danger Zone
All Men Must Die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
I'll try advertising here. There is an open spot in my journey/chapter RP Arcanum. It's fairly slow moving and we usually make quite long posts. In other words, it's a roleplay for people who like to write. Please join if you find shiny pokémon and a new (detailed) region interesting. Eevee will be your starter~
I second this, guys plz join it's a really fun RP! :D Don't let the few long posts intimidate you or anything though, it's not a very strict RP and the only reason we all did that was to show off and you'll definitely enjoy yourself because everybody here knows RHCP's a cool GM.

/end hyperactive advertising
Old April 22nd, 2012, 08:08 AM
Rokusasu
Scientist Salarian

Nature: Quirky
I'm thinking about it, only problem is that I've got an assignment due on the 30th and I'm already in two RPs (which are only just starting). I don't want to compromise role playing for school work, if you get what I mean. xD

Old April 22nd, 2012, 08:12 AM
pokeman10000
Leftie

Nature: Serious
ive been rping for a week

Sponsored Links