The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 28th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Dusk
Fighting to Renew my Past...

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nam View Post
Then why are you still telling us about your problems? Moving on...
I was explaining because the conversation was continuing.
Any other seemingly rude questions?

Old April 28th, 2012, 06:47 PM
Nam
Mime Jr.

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerin View Post
I was explaining because the conversation was continuing.
Any other seemingly rude questions?
I'll let you know if I come up with one. ;P

Pokemon HeartGold: 5114 5257 4957
Old April 28th, 2012, 07:01 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Nature: Quirky
Guys, stop. Just stop. Everyone stop. There is no need for this kind of conversation here. If you wanna talk about mental problems, do it in your own place, not on these boards. Any more on it will be deleted. No question.

LET'S CLEAN THE PALETTE WITH A NEW TOPIC, ALRIGHT?

Who is your favourite character to roleplay with and why?
Old April 28th, 2012, 07:11 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Well, outta my only 2 I'd have to say Alice Felton, mainly because she has a sort of smart, mature, condescending personality that melds with her young person yearning for companionship that clings to her brother yet doesn't really know how much she truly depends on him makes for some pretty fun situations. Though, as I said, I don't have many characters.
Old April 28th, 2012, 07:15 PM
FinalMaster
dededededededededededede

Nature: Jolly
I have a bizzarre trend as of late of basing my characters off pokemon I own ingame. Naturally, this gets weird when you have multiple RP's open with characters all owned by the same trainer.

Also there hasn't been an update in the 'Check to see if your RP has been accepted' thread for a little while.
Old April 28th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
SKYMIN: Nami Takara Kitamura and Sapphire Destiny AND Hikari Kaede :3

I like all three of them because they have intrestiny back stories and all are beginning a love story which i'm a huge fan off xD all...with... The same... RPer? O.o ...i think i won't tell with who...before people are...... going to think stuff... >.>

Anyway, ofcourse i like all my other characters too but those three are the most fun for me to RP X3
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old April 28th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Dusk
Fighting to Renew my Past...

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skymin View Post
Guys, stop. Just stop. Everyone stop. There is no need for this kind of conversation here. If you wanna talk about mental problems, do it in your own place, not on these boards. Any more on it will be deleted. No question.

LET'S CLEAN THE PALETTE WITH A NEW TOPIC, ALRIGHT?

My favorite character to roleplay with is everyone because everyone is not me.

All kidding aside (go ahead and chew me out now for joking), the question is pretty difficult to answer. I like all of my characters, for various reasons. They all have something about them that separates them from everyone else (woah... Deja Vu). If I had to pick my own, it would be Kiba, probably because he's my only 'trainer' character. though, in actuality, my favorite character isn't even in the roleplay yet; in fact, it's one of Kiba's pokemon. Ki, the Lucario. All of my character's pokemon on Earth & Sky have their own personality. If I had to pick someone else's character... It's too hard to pick one. I could pick my favorite Players to RP with though. Quto, Grieger, Marin, Bassiroth, and more that I'm just too lazy to list. You know who you are.

Last edited by Skymin; April 28th, 2012 at 11:25 PM. Reason: I SAID no more.
Old April 28th, 2012, 07:23 PM
|Equinox|
Going on a hiatus :'(

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to |Equinox|
The characters...I've never had favorites. I tend to 'fall in love' with characters in my Novelettes but not in Roleplays. Go figure.

Last edited by Skymin; April 28th, 2012 at 11:26 PM.
Old April 28th, 2012, 07:24 PM
プリンセスサファイア
Sapphire Princess

Out of my characters my favorite characters have to be Ariadne Davis, Chisa Kimura, and Amanda Smith.

I've really enjoyed playing Ariadne in my rp even if it just started. She's so unsure of herself as a leader but tries her best and she loves to taunt in a fight.

With Chisa she's also a new character, she left home so her mother would have enough food and she's completely innocent, she has no idea how much evil is in the world. It's fun to start to play a character who in the course of the rp is going to find out the hard way that not everyone is nice.

With Amanda, she's a psychic who's made her first friend and I'm having fun playing with her ability to psychically move small things like Pokeballs and be able to telepathically talk to her Pokemon.

Ariadne (Ari) Davis and ???? Legion of Chaos (my RP)

Reiko Yo****omi Pokémon Fallout (M)

Sapphire (Saph) Michelle Dillon PTA-Entei Dorm
and
Amanda (Manda) Lynn Smith PTA-Suicune Dorm

Chisa Kimura PMD: Victory's Reign-Emolga Gijinka

Mayumi Suzuki PMD: Victory's Reign-Cherrim Gijinka

Mayu Kumi Hinisaki Youkai Academy- Kyuubi
Old April 28th, 2012, 07:31 PM
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

Nature: Serious

I would have to say Tylor Grubas. Ever since I joined PC I've only played goody two shoes characters that tend to be reserved and nice. With Tylor I get to actually go into territory I haven't explored yet and I have so much fun with him! I never really play characters that just enjoy chaos and bending the rules and I'm finding out that I may start playing those characters more if this trend with Tylor just continues to be fun.
Old April 28th, 2012, 07:40 PM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful

Kilik Chambers. Came up with him a few months back & have him in a few RPs. He's pretty serious most of the time, but he tries to find his sense of humor...no luck so far. The only trait he has from me is wanting attention.

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~

Last edited by Skymin; April 28th, 2012 at 11:27 PM. Reason: No more!!
Old April 28th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Nam
Mime Jr.

I'd have to say Nam, since I haven't really RPed much here. He's the one I always play in any RP I join, it might be unoriginal to always play the same person -but it isn't really the same person when you think about it. I don't really remember anymore, but Nam was based off one of my own characteristics. I can't say with certainty what it was, but I think it had something to do with wanting to let go and detach myself from the world.

The last Nam I played was a trainer with Headphones. He wore headphones, not exactly because he was listening to music, but to send a message to the world. "I don't care what you have to say" But even though I was loving the RP, it died pretty fast because of the GM's absence.

Anyway, playing Nam is like playing the same emotions but differently and on a different scale. For example: Another Nam I've played, had to do with a school teaching them to control their super powers. My character's power was noise. He could expand and block sound as he pleased. It was inspired by that feeling you get sometimes when you just feel like bursting and screaming and then everything disintegrates around you like in DBZ. But to be honest, the RP was getting boring and dull, so I left. xP

Here's Nam's profile if interested. (the trainer): http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...ght=Nam&page=3

And it seems I named the super power guy "Ulric" xP Go figure. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...ght=Nam&page=7

Old April 28th, 2012, 08:46 PM
WestsideConnection
Bow Down

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supervegeta View Post
@Which roleplayer have you looked up to during the years and have been inspired by? (you would consider as "legends" on PC in the RP section)

When I arrived here about a little over a year ago, this place was crumbling. It was falling apart. Then a RPer named Supervegeta arrived, and seemed to shine a light into the darkness. Supervegeta is hands down the greatest RPer ever to make an appearance in the Roleplay Corner. With a simple keyboard and computer screen, Supervegeta can make characters become celestial, make words turn into magic, and make plots become divine. He is by far the greatest "legend" the RP Corner has ever seen, no that RPing in general has ever seen, and I look up to him.

@WestsideConnection I agree with this statement. Supervegeta's writing is indeed Arceus-like.

@Equinox This statement is also true.

Which roleplay have you really liked in the past and wished it was still active(or that you really admired or still do)?

To this question, I believe anything done by Supervegeta probably merits a consideration. Obviously, anything he had done with the Pokemon Odyssey series is particularly amazing.

Which two RPers would make a good couple? ;3

I believe Supervegeta would make a great couple with any other RPer, but perhaps the best couple would be Supervegeta and Supervegeta.

@Those who are whining Stop whining.

@Those who strive to be better

I realize some of you are looking to become better at RPing or even writing in general, which is why I decided to create a guide that will help you all become "legends" of the RP Corner in due time. The guide is titled, "How to be Like Supervegeta and become a Legend." The guide will detail the simple process of how to develop into a beyond superb RPer and truly become something special, hence a "legend". Know that there is no feasible way for any RPer to be on the same level as Supervegeta, but this guide will help you become as close as possible.

...Do you understand yet or have I not proven my point? Move on, stop acting foolish.

@PkMnTrainer Yellow

Another useful guide. Thanks for the tips! The RPC is glad to have you.
I know, that SuperVegeta guy. Great guy. Like, if you put him in a colosseum with a bunch of other good RP'ers, gave them medival weapons, and put a lion in there too, the lion would eat them all but my point is that SuperVegeta is really good at RP'ing.

Anyways, DROP A OLD SCHOOL BEAT! I'm thinking of making a classic Kanto Journey RP, who would like that?
Old April 28th, 2012, 08:50 PM
Nam
Mime Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestsideConnection View Post

I know, that SuperVegeta guy. Great guy. Like, if you put him in a colosseum with a bunch of other good RP'ers, gave them medival weapons, and put a lion in there too, the lion would eat them all but my point is that SuperVegeta is really good at RP'ing.

Anyways, DROP A OLD SCHOOL BEAT! I'm thinking of making a classic Kanto Journey RP, who would like that?
I want to join a Journey RP :3

Old April 28th, 2012, 08:50 PM
Julius Caesar
Marked Out

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Killer View Post

The mechanics will be more writing-based than mathematical, and I'm likely going to disregard the traditional skill system, or may even ditch the skill system altogether.

The RP would be in multiple regions, in one of two ways: either you are able to go wherever, whenever or the group of RP'ers would be at one region at a time, switching regions when the plot requires it to be so.

Well, I'm trying to make it not necessary to know about the series to play, yet in order to understand my intro, previous experience would be necessary to understand the terms I used.

And for some questions, if you want to help, answer my questionnaire about certain choices:

1. What would you prefer as far as accessible regions in the RP?

a.) Full region of Tamriel explorable.
b.) Jumping from region to region, different ones being explorable depending on plot
c.) Just Cyrodiil
d.) A combo of Cyrodiil, Skyrim and Morrowind (Minus Vvardenfell)

2. How should the RP'ers be involved with the Hourglass?

a.) Explorers/Warriors/Thieves/Bandits/Mages etc.. looking for the Hourglass for personal reasons, RP'ers discuss reason in SU
b.) RP'ers are part of Imperial/Stormcloak/Aldmeri military and are looking for hourglass for their factions
c.) Special "Prophets" sent from Akatosh to protect Hourglass
d.) Daedric "Prophets" sent from Oblivion to destroy the Hourglass
I'd hate to add to the "Waah, I have problems" topic, but if you do are not too busy, could you please answer the multiple-choice questionnaire that I quoted to help me make my RP.
Old April 28th, 2012, 08:54 PM
WestsideConnection
Bow Down

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Killer View Post

I'd hate to add to the "Waah, I have problems" topic, but if you do are not too busy, could you please answer the multiple-choice questionnaire that I quoted to help me make my RP.
I'll be a buddy and help you out.

b.) Jumping from region to region, different ones being explorable depending on plot
c.) Just Cyrodiil

a.) Explorers/Warriors/Thieves/Bandits/Mages etc.. looking for the Hourglass for personal reasons, RP'ers discuss reason in SU
b.) RP'ers are part of Imperial/Stormcloak/Aldmeri military and are looking for hourglass for their factions

My answers are bolded.
Old April 28th, 2012, 11:28 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinalMaster View Post
Also there hasn't been an update in the 'Check to see if your RP has been accepted' thread for a little while.
Sorrrryyyy. Just finished my assessment and I just got home from work, so guess what I'm gonna do right at this very moment!!
Old April 28th, 2012, 11:40 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Nature: Hardy
@Greiger: That reminds me that I've never really gotten to play my 'evil' characters, given all the characters in Pokemon Fallout, even NPCs are so notoriously cruel to eachother that straight murder isn't even a crime anymore.

One of my evil characters, Dardanette, is actually in PTA, but because she's literally mentally insane. I can't really throw her at people without... y'know, drawing massive amounts of attention--at which point I would be unable to justify her being intelligent enough to avoid capture.

---I actually have another evil character, but I had serious qualms with putting her in PTA due to the outstanding cruelty she inevitably demonstrates potentially being a bit too mature for a T rated roleplay. Perhaps I underestimated the appropriate threshold for maturity however...or maybe not. It's so ambiguous that I didn't really want to risk it.
Old April 29th, 2012, 12:37 AM
Adventure
thief . of . light

c.) Just Cyrodiil

It would be easiest and big enough.

One or the other. I think :3 Maybe players can choose?

Um, of my own or with other people's characters? At the moment I enjoy playing as Viking, a girl in the real world but a guy in Game of Chance. He's a bit less cheerful than my other characters so I'm not used to playing like that. Renna (Star Wars) and Ribibin (Shattered Era) are pretty alike... though one of them is a twi'lek and the other is a Weavile XD Helena (Atlantis Arising) hasn't got a very colorful personality, but that makes me able to do pretty much whatever I want with her. That's pretty much the same as with Chai (Arcanum) although the latter should be a bit more naive and shy.

No Ashton clone here. I gotta make one soon!

As for other people's characters, I like most characters that Skymin creates for Atlantis. They each have well defined personalities and feel alive.
Old April 29th, 2012, 01:31 AM
FinalMaster
dededededededededededede

The RP I was devising a few days ago, Truth and Ideals, is now open for business!
It will chronicle the rise of the great Team Plasma, and their lord Ghetsis. It will tell of the misery and terror that resulted when he took over. It will tell of those lucky few who survived the empire's beginning, and those that didn't.

And on top of that it has a horde of mindless, murderous pokemon who simply want everything dead.

And thanks to Greiger's comment about making good guys all the time, I am banishing any thoughts of having a relatively honourable character.
Old April 29th, 2012, 01:33 AM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
As for other people's characters, I like most characters that Skymin creates for Atlantis. They each have well defined personalities and feel alive.
:'D

I love my character Oakley and Errick/Atom/Errol a lot (same person, different personalities) out of my characters. I love how Oakley is so perfect on the outside yet her insides are all as breakable as glass. And Errick? He's just a cool guy. I don't think I've roleplayed as the real Errick I play out inside my head but Errick physically looks really awesome and like someone I'd wanna date.

And the Librarian from Atlantis is so much fun to write~

My favourite person to read about is probably... I do like Christian in Atlantis!
Old April 29th, 2012, 01:51 AM
SV
It was justified

Hey, hey. I have an idea, and it's not completely stupid, although it may be. I dunno. I was just thinking. We always talk a lot over here about favorite characters and such, and a lot of questions about them, so I was thinking: Why not make a category in the next RPAs about Your favorite/most original (haven't decided yet) character? It would be different than Best SU Writer because it would be solely based on a single RP character instead of multiple ones when examining a SU Writer, and it would be more based on the RPing of the character inside the RP than what is written on the SU itself, because sometimes people trails off on personality a tad. But not always in bad ways! Sometimes they are developed into better characters than merely what the SUs entail.

Obviously you wouldn't be able to vote for your own character, and it would have to be from an active RP, but it may be something to consider.

It's just a thought. What do you guys think?

Paired with the Epic Raikiri
Old April 29th, 2012, 01:52 AM
Adventure
thief . of . light

I think it's a good idea, Supperveggie.
Old April 29th, 2012, 01:54 AM
FinalMaster
dededededededededededede

Sounds good to me! Signups are definitely not all there is to a character and as such I am fully behind this idea.
Old April 29th, 2012, 01:59 AM
Adventure
thief . of . light

One thing though. Some people might enjoy playing as rather bland characters and these might not get as big of a chance to win as more odd or special characters, or at least they might not get noticed as much. What should that award be based on? How well the character corresponds to its SU? How well the RPer makes it feel alive and real? Or how funny/adventurous/exciting the posts about them are.

I'm guessing the middle option xD
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links