Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Theatre > Roleplay Stage
Reload this Page Roleplay Discussion Thread

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Stage This is where the In-Character roleplaying happens. Before you create a thread here, recruit some players in Roleplay Casting. Your very own legend is about to unfold! A world of dreams and adventures awaits! Let's go!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old April 29th, 2012 (12:06 PM).

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by PinkSapphire:
okay then xD i feel less bad now :3 i thought it was more like people were fighting because of me xD i dont like it when that happens...

don't involve lvl's huh? yeah i kind of like these RP's better too, mainly because no one can say that he or she is stronger than the other, or such reasons like when you're new in an RP you are lvl 15 while a RPer who is longer in the RP is lvl 40
I agree. Level's limit us too much. The strongest would always be the one who has been on longest. But in Pokemon's case, I think the levels should stay -but not as a dictation of power, but more about "How close are you to evolving?"
Unless, the GM would be the one to say at a given time "Charmander is evolving."

Otherwise, people would probably post their pokemon evolving either too soon or too late in the game.

I like RP's with plenty of freedom, but they still drive you to the plot. I wouldn't want every move I make decided because I'm supposed to do or go somewhere. I also, like it when the group is not yet formed. For example: In some RP's there's the good side and the bad side and you choose which side you're in from the SU. When you begin, you're in a room with a bunch of people. I don't like that. I want to start off in my bed and eventually get recruited.

That could also open to mysterious character's that aren't exactly in the group, but they're good. I'm not sure whether I'm being clear here.. xD

Edit: I guess I'm just imagining a scene where both sides engage in battle and out of the blue a person coated with a robe that hides their face mysteriously appears and changes the tide of battle as he/she/it jumps down from a high place and does whatever it is they do. xD

Pokemon HeartGold: 5114 5257 4957
Old April 29th, 2012 (12:29 PM).
Pokemon Professor / RP Mentor
Crystal Tier

Nature: Sassy
@machomuu: Gijinkas are, technically speaking, a very specific type of 'pokemorph' that is /mostly/ human. These are both popular fan terms used within the community to describe very simple concepts. Bulbapedia actually has an entire article on the various types of popular pokemorphs. It's also supposed to imply some 'moe' qualities, but a significant portion of fans overlook that part making it... slightly dated in terms of relevance to the real world.

Also, I disagree. One cannot 'plagiarise' a concept. A concept is a meta-physical idea first and foremost, not writing... far beyond the morally acceptable reach of someone to govern. Only once manifested and fleshed out into something creative can it be reasonably claimed to be someone's idea. That is to say, if the person using the concept does not 'put any spins' on it such as the addition of context, background info, additional changes, etcetera than they have not created something they can claim was their own to be stolen in the first place.

For instance, in Pokemon Fallout I could claim I created "Poke Spirits", which are a creative spin on gijinkas, adding unique background info and whatnot, but I would not claim that I have any right to gijinkas as a concept, as I did not make it or contribute to it in any way.
Old April 29th, 2012 (12:45 PM).
Grant me the power of revolution!
Gold Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by PkMnTrainer Yellow:
@machomuu: Gijinkas are, technically speaking, a very specific type of 'pokemorph' that is /mostly/ human. These are both popular fan terms used within the community to describe very simple concepts. Bulbapedia actually has an entire article on the various types of popular pokemorphs. It's also supposed to imply some 'moe' qualities, but a significant portion of fans overlook that part making it... slightly dated in terms of relevance to the real world.

Also, I disagree. One cannot 'plagiarise' a concept. A concept is a meta-physical idea first and foremost, not writing... far beyond the morally acceptable reach of someone to govern. Only once manifested and fleshed out into something creative can it be reasonably claimed to be someone's idea. That is to say, if the person using the concept does not 'put any spins' on it such as the addition of context, background info, additional changes, etcetera than they have not created something they can claim was their own to be stolen in the first place.

For instance, in Pokemon Fallout I could claim I created "Poke Spirits", which are a creative spin on gijinkas, adding unique background info and whatnot, but I would not claim that I have any right to gijinkas as a concept, as I did not make it or contribute to it in any way.
But an idea nonetheless, and real...no, wait. I'm not doing this. This is turning more subjective than factual, and worse, it's becoming circular and boring. I mean, we can keep going, but clearly no one's going to come to a clear cut answer due to the apparent subjectivity that has overcome the matter.

I'll hold the statement I said prior to "Run-on sentences FTW" and leave it at that.
Old April 29th, 2012 (02:08 PM).
dededededededededededede

Nature: Jolly
Whoop, just missed the giant debate.
Anyway, the RPs I'm interested in are usually ones that put a unique spin on things, and for some reason I also gravitate to (post) apocalyptic stories like Disease Deoxys.

>insert plug of own RP here
Old April 29th, 2012 (02:23 PM).
Gold Tier

Yellow, would it be difficult for someone to enter Fallout at this point?
Old April 29th, 2012 (02:40 PM).
Crystal Tier

@Machomuu: No sir. Pokemon Fallout is a sandbox RP with no experience curve, meaning anyone can jump in at any time and the only thing stopping them from being the ultimate warrior is their RPing ability and their knowledge. There is no one ending, but in short, the goal is to change the world somehow, for better or worse. You may understand what I mean better if you read the plot.

One thing I should mention is that it's a common misconception that the world is dying or otherwise severely visually impacted by the plot. However this simply isn't true; only the cities and towns are being severely impacted.
Old April 29th, 2012 (03:08 PM).
Gold Tier

@Machomuu: No sir. Pokemon Fallout is a sandbox RP with no experience curve, meaning anyone can jump in at any time and the only thing stopping them from being the ultimate warrior is their RPing ability and their knowledge. There is no one ending, but in short, the goal is to change the world somehow, for better or worse. You may understand what I mean better if you read the plot.

One thing I should mention is that it's a common misconception that the world is dying or otherwise severely visually impacted by the plot. However this simply isn't true; only the cities and towns are being severely impacted.
Ah, okay, thanks, sorry to interrupt the discussion for that, but I was reading through the thread and was pretty impressed; it's quite a work of art.

Okay, SU creatin' time.
Old April 29th, 2012 (05:33 PM).
Crystal Tier

@Machomuu: Thank you!~ I really appreciate that, as I did in fact put quite a bit of work into making it. My only fears at this point are that people won't have the taste to censor things too graphic for an M rated roleplay and I'll have to step in and get bossy, as there's no room leftover for being lax as the no MA rule is Skymin's rule, not mine. |D I've tried to stress it in the rules however, so hopefully it can be avoided / kept to a minimum.
Old April 29th, 2012 (06:54 PM).
яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...

Nature: Hardy
What kind off RPs are you interested in?

I like roleplays that generally allow a character to have special powers(which means playing as a pkm, gijinka, or 'special' human). As for plots, I like apocalypses, revolutions, some survival, tournaments etc. Anything that seems action-packed or interesting at the time, really.

ι ѕнαℓℓ ρяσtє¢t уσυ, му ℓσνє.

Old April 29th, 2012 (09:19 PM).
King of the Hell

So, we were talking about plagerism, yes?

Pokemon Trainer Academy (PTA) by jackblaze.

Pokemon Gijinka Academy (PGA) by Riox Pro.

Erm... Marin, did you see this? Is it me, or is PGA's plot a lot like a certain RP you GM...?

It's about Gijinkas on an Island off of Unova, where they go to an Academy.

___

If I can place my input...

It sounds just like Pokemon Trainer Academy, but with Gijinkas instead of Trainers.
Old April 29th, 2012 (09:28 PM).
Arrest this man

Quote originally posted by Zerin:

Pokemon Trainer Academy (PTA) by jackblaze.

Pokemon Gijinka Academy (PGA) by Riox Pro.

Erm... Marin, did you see this? Is it me, or is PGA's plot a lot like a certain RP you GM...?

It's about Gijinkas on an Island off of Unova, where they go to an Academy.

___

If I can place my input...

It sounds just like Pokemon Trainer Academy, but with Gijinkas instead of Trainers.
It's not a new RP, it's an old RP. Plus it's actually older than PTA because I saw it on another website as well.

And well, not to act like a dick and stuff but even PTA isn't an entirely original concept, considering there have been a bunch of old Pokemon Trainer Academy RPs as well >_>;;
Old April 29th, 2012 (09:31 PM).
King of the Hell

Quote originally posted by -DeepImpact-:

It's not a new RP, it's an old RP. Plus it's actually older than PTA because I saw it on another website as well.

And well, not to act like a dick and stuff but even PTA isn't an entirely original concept, considering there have been a bunch of old Pokemon Trainer Academy RPs as well ;;
I think we're keeping the 'rules' within the boundary of this website. At least I think so.

Plus, technically, nothing is original.

But meh, just thought I'd bring it up, and it gave me an excuse to get a meme on here. So it was a win for me.
Old April 29th, 2012 (09:41 PM).
Arrest this man

I think we're keeping the 'rules' within the boundary of this website. At least I think so.

Plus, technically, nothing is original.

But meh, just thought I'd bring it up, and it gave me an excuse to get a meme on here. So it was a win for me.
Ahaha I'm pretty sure if you steal from another website you'll still get caught. d:

And yeah, I guess you're right.
Old April 29th, 2012 (10:02 PM).
Crystal Tier

@Zerin & DeepImpact: You wouldn't believe how hilariously common school RPs are across the internet as a whole. They're... honestly almost never as successful as PTA though, and... people tend to look down on people who make them. =/

Also, I'm amused that neither of you pointed out that PTA is /actually/ based on Yu-Gi-Oh GX!~

Originality is a worthless quality in my eyes anyway. Nothing is original under the sun. All glorification is pretentious. Etcetera.
Old April 29th, 2012 (10:18 PM).
Arrest this man

@Zerin & DeepImpact: You wouldn't believe how hilariously common school RPs are across the internet as a whole. They're... honestly almost never as successful as PTA though, and... people tend to look down on people who make them. =/

Also, I'm amused that neither of you pointed out that PTA is /actually/ based on Yu-Gi-Oh GX!~

Originality is a worthless quality in my eyes anyway. Nothing is original under the sun. All glorification is pretentious. Etcetera.
I guess it's because how common they are which is why the GMs aren't really appreciated? Maybe.

And tbh I haven't seen YGO GX so I really wouldn't know lol.
Old April 30th, 2012 (02:24 AM).
Gold Tier

No, we're not. We ended that about 7 posts ago, and then we ended it again at least 2 posts ago.
Quote:
This presents the very real possibility that the word didn't come from Saph at all, thus making the claim unjustified and undefendable without a confession, which would be completely unwarranted, undesired, and most of all, unnecessary.
End. Ended. Over. Done.
Old April 30th, 2012 (04:34 AM).
King of the Hell

Quote originally posted by machomuu:
No, we're not. We ended that about 7 posts ago, and then we ended it again at least 2 posts ago.

End. Ended. Over. Done.
Hmm... Any more blatently rude points you'd like to make? Plus, my was correct. We were talking about it earlier, and I simply put in something I noticed. So you, sir, are incorrect, because I didn't ask if we were (currently) talking about it, as it was past-tense.

________

Marin

I stopped watching YuGiOh after the original series ended, so I wouldn't have known. That is a fun fact though.

________

Soo, new, relevant topic before we end up with another argument.

Which do you prefer more? Rp's made from Games, or Shows, or purely original ideas?

I didn't want to use the word "original", because it isn't, but it gets the point across.
Old April 30th, 2012 (06:40 AM).
«Dual Wield» User
Crystal Tier

Nature: Bashful
Which do you prefer more? Rp's made from Games, or Shows, or purely original ideas?

I'm thinking games. They really interest me, I'm so addicted to them. I don't know that many shows really.

Marin-Yu-Gi-Oh GX? I remember that show well! If you got the idea from that, why are the lower class yellow in PTA when the lower class is red in the show? xD

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Old April 30th, 2012 (07:15 AM).
Crystal Tier

@SD: It is? I find that easy to forget, considering the red duelists in GX /always/ pull out their inner strength to win the day and jazz like that. Either way, there's other clues. The abandoned Lugia Dorm, the style of dorm naming... The point I'd like to make is that it doesn't matter. A good RP is so much more than a simple concept such as 'school for pokemon trainers rp' to begin with. |3
Old April 30th, 2012 (09:06 AM).
Hey hoo~

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
Ah.... YU-GI-OH-GX -v- gooood times~ ....
Sisters
Theme
Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old April 30th, 2012 (09:14 AM).

Nature: Quiet

I prefer RPs from shows, cause to be honest, it is why we RP in the first place. We watch all these fantastic characters so many times that we enter the point where we wish we could join them. We wish -I wish, I could enter some dimension where I'm suddenly in their reality. Because our reality seems to boring and dull -but I'd probably learn to appreciate that peace if I could experience what it's like to run away and fight for freedom. xP

Game's were probably made for this purpose in a sense; I wouldn't know. But playing video games comes pretty close. Role-playing comes even closer, because we have the freedom to jump over that one way ledge even though you already did. Because you can enter houses and gym through the window instead of using the door like normal people. Because you can sway from the path and go your own way. Because it's an MMO without all the stupid crap.

Now, the problem with purely original ideas is that you'd have to create an entire imaginary world. You'd have to create the towns, the maps, the names, the history, the logic, the people; how they look, their customs, etc. It's a very big and vast task. Few can pull this off, but it has the potential of being a very good RP. Of course, this is MY definition of an original RP.

This kinda concludes my post. Thanks for reading. xP

Pokemon HeartGold: 5114 5257 4957
Old April 30th, 2012 (09:40 AM).
«Dual Wield» User
Crystal Tier

@SD: It is? I find that easy to forget, considering the red duelists in GX /always/ pull out their inner strength to win the day and jazz like that. Either way, there's other clues. The abandoned Lugia Dorm, the style of dorm naming... The point I'd like to make is that it doesn't matter. A good RP is so much more than a simple concept such as 'school for pokemon trainers rp' to begin with. |3
Now I'm curious about the Lugia Dorm. I know Ghost Pokemon roam around inside. :\ Could you tell me more about it? Anyway, I do find it better to change the concepts rather than follow the whole 'original' plot. I'm glad I joined PTA. It's really fun & I hope to meet everyone in it.

~Dia+PS~
Old April 30th, 2012 (09:50 AM).
Crystal Tier

@ShinyDiamond: There's a spoiler on the first page of PTA's OOC thread labeled Settings. There's a spoiler within it labeled Abandoned Lugia White Dorm, among many other spoilers I wrote up that detail the specific settings of various areas of the island. (That's another thing it has in common with GX. It's on an island.)

The aforementioned spoiler reads as followed: "Lugia dorm was the fourth and highest tier of the body of students, even above suicune dorm. However, after the dorm room was infested by ghosts seemingly out of the blue the students previously housed within it had to be relocated. Attempts to purge the dorm of it's ghostly occupants met with... failure. Gary wound up disbanding lugia dorm and relocating it's students into the other three dorms, mostly suicune, as a result. However, a very small body of students were so insulted by the gesture that they left the academy in direct response to it."

More specific details aren't available through OOC. It was one of the last things Jackblaze added to the RP before he handed off control Megaman765 and I, if I recall correctly. One of the characters played by Bassiroth, named Takmui, is an ex-Lugia Dorm student who intends to attempt to purge the dorm and resurrect it's legacy as top, exclusive dorm.

Also speaking of PTA; we've hit the 200 page mark.
Old April 30th, 2012 (10:52 AM).
«Dual Wield» User
Crystal Tier

Marin-My mobile takes time to load that first page of PTA OOC. >.> It's a bit slow loading that page than others. But I'm glad I got to learn again about the Lugia Dorm. As for Takumi, the name taken from Initial D, I never knew he was an Ex-Lugia student. I better read Bassiroth's post as Tak & see what he does. :3 Thanks again Marin, & congradulations on hitting the 200th mark!

~Dia+PS~
Old April 30th, 2012 (11:23 AM). Edited April 30th, 2012 by machomuu.
Gold Tier

Hmm... Any more blatently rude points you'd like to make? Plus, my was correct. We were talking about it earlier, and I simply put in something I noticed. So you, sir, are incorrect, because I didn't ask if we were (currently) talking about it, as it was past-tense.
Actually, I don't think what I said was close to rude at all, and if it was it certainly wasn't blatant. I was simply stating a fact and using repetitive meanings across several words because we had been brought back the the topic multiple (I think about 2) times in the past, nothing rude about that; what would have been rude is if I had said something to the effect of, "Would you shut up already? It's over, get over it," but I wouldn't do that, I'm not that much of a jerk, as subjective as it is. Though subjectivity is as subjectivity is, and if I did indeed offend or insult you then I'm sincerely sorry. I will give you the matter about the tenses, though I really don't think that's much of a big deal. Even still, it was a careless mistake and I do apologize for that as well.

Now anyway, it's time to get on with it.

Quote:
I don't really have the preference, so long as the show is an anime, mainly because they often have better scenarios for RP settings. Generally games and shows are the better RPs when told by any GM, but original ideas can be better if told by adept GMs. That said, OIs can be great if the GM has a fountain of knowledge on the subject matter, such as Youkai or ancient Dynasties; it's really best that the GM uses wikis as references rather than bibles in such cases.

Sponsored Links