Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner
Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 30th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Nam
Mime Jr.

Nature: Quiet

Advertise here
Here's a new question for everyone to answer...

Does anyone plan on making some kind of Sonic RP anytime soon?

I have just been craving this so much lately it's unbelievable and I just can't find anymore Sonic forums anywhere... There used to be so many too.

Edit: I've been the first post of like the last three pages... xD
Pokemon Black Version: 1635 4191 3592

Pokemon HeartGold: 5114 5257 4957

Last edited by Nam; April 30th, 2012 at 07:51 PM.
Old May 1st, 2012, 02:13 AM
machomuu
The Lights in the Sky are Stars
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I dunno if I'd be interested unless it was very dark, given the subject matter. So to answer the question, no, but you never know.
Old May 1st, 2012, 02:17 AM
|Equinox|
Going on a hiatus :'(

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to |Equinox|
there IS a Sonic RP right now. But if you want something else i'm not sure...

Old May 1st, 2012, 03:14 AM
Nam
Mime Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by |Equinox| View Post
there IS a Sonic RP right now. But if you want something else i'm not sure...
I know but it consists of two sides with limited spots which have already been filled I believe... xP

Old May 1st, 2012, 04:28 AM
Dusk
Fighting to Renew my Past...

Nature: Lonely
I honestly could go without a Sonic RP, but that's just me. Sure, I like Sonic (ちょっとね / Just a little) though I think that was a phase. Never really had an interest in the games, not sure why.

So... New question:

Would there be interest in a Halo RP? Has there been one on this site before?

I don't know if there's been one, but a Halo RP would definitely spark my interest.

Old May 1st, 2012, 04:42 AM
Rokusasu
Scientist Salarian

Nature: Quirky
The original Sonic and Sonic 2 were the best games for me, anything past Sonic 3 = blegh (not to mention Sonic was my first ever video game).

A Halo RP? All they do is float above an angel's head and look shiny, unless you'd have a RP where they try and take over Heaven, or where angels are falling because of the corruption of humanity and the halos are in danger of becoming extinct.
Spoiler:

I am the very model of a scientist salarian,
I've studied species turian, asari, and batarian.

Old May 1st, 2012, 04:50 AM
Dusk
Fighting to Renew my Past...

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokusasu View Post
The original Sonic and Sonic 2 were the best games for me, anything past Sonic 3 = blegh (not to mention Sonic was my first ever video game).

A Halo RP? All they do is float above an angel's head and look shiny, unless you'd have a RP where they try and take over Heaven, or where angels are falling because of the corruption of humanity and the halos are in danger of becoming extinct.
Spoiler:

... Please... PLEASE tell me you're joking. Halo: Combat Evolved? Halo 2? Halo 3? Halo 3: ODST? Halo: Reach? Halo 4?

You have got to be kidding me...

Old May 1st, 2012, 05:20 AM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
LOOOLLL my brothers always force me to play the halo games with them xD hahahah~ ...yes i have alot of bro's.....

Plus i like the sonic games i was planning on playing sonic colors today :3
Pair
Roleplays
Deviantart
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old May 1st, 2012, 05:43 AM
プリンセスサファイア
Sapphire Princess

I made one, I'm actually thinking about opening up a few more spots on each side once we finish what's going on right now.

Would there be interest in a Halo RP? Has there been one on this site before?

I've heard about Halo but I've never played it. I'm not sure how it would work as an rp but I'd consider giving it a try
Jedi Master Kalei Nost Star Wars: A Republic Dark Age

Ariadne (Ari) Davis and ???? Legion of Chaos (my RP)

Reiko Yo****omi Pokémon Fallout (M)

Sapphire (Saph) Michelle Dillon PTA-Entei Dorm
and
Amanda (Manda) Lynn Smith PTA-Suicune Dorm

Chisa Kimura PMD: Victory's Reign-Emolga Gijinka

Mayumi Suzuki PMD: Victory's Reign-Cherrim Gijinka

Mayu Kumi Hinisaki Youkai Academy- Kyuubi
Old May 1st, 2012, 05:52 AM
Mr. Mammoth
One cool snowman

@Rokusasu: Woah, woah, woah, woah. Everything past Sonic 3 is equal to blergh? I don't mean to get worked up or to offend anyone, but come on! Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, those are some pretty awesome games (especially the first one). While I can agree that some 3D Sonic games were completely horrible (I'm looking at you Sonic '06 and Shadow the Hedgehog), not all of them are. I mean, Sonic Colours (or Colors) was a good game that I enjoyed a lot. Sure, the bosses were extremely re-used and the zones had way too many acts, but it was still really good. And if that doesn't spark your interest, try Sonic Generations.

But everyone is entitled to their own opinion, just thought I'd comment on your opinion with my opinion. Because that's how debates work and all that good stuff. Now onto something more relevant:

@Zerin: Nah, I've never been a big fan of Halo. Or ANY FPS for that matter, unless it is the Metroid Prime series. So, no. A Halo-RP is not really interesting to me.
Old May 1st, 2012, 07:08 AM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
1. I am a big fan of Sonic! I have seen & played almost every game there is of Sonic. My favorite would be Sonic Heroes, fighting Metal Overlord. It's like awesome, especially Sonic's light speed attack after Team Blast. I know everything about Sonic the Hedgehog, my favorite being Tails.

2. I have never seen much of Halo, so I wouldn't know much about it if I joined.

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Old May 1st, 2012, 07:15 AM
Mr. Mammoth
One cool snowman

@ShinyDiamond: Oh? Your favourite is Sonic Heroes? That's a bit different regarding how many fans of the series hate that game. I don't have anything against it, it's a fine game IMO. But Omochao... Ooooohhh GOD is he annoying, even more annoying than Navi.
Old May 1st, 2012, 07:31 AM
Rokusasu
Scientist Salarian

Nature: Quirky
@ Mr. Mammoth - 'Tis cool. XD I'm just stuck in the early 90s 'cause yeah, Sonic, Sonic 2 and Sonic and Knuckles were my childhood. I tried Sonic Heroes, didn't like it. Tried Sonic Advanced, didn't like it. My friend's gonna get Sonic Generations when she gets her 360, and I played a demo which had a stage that was like the 3rd zone in Sonic 2. I'll just sit happily alone in my retro corner. -hugs Sega Megadrive-

@ Zerin: Lies.

I've moved on from Sonic now though. At the moment I'm really into Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Shin Megami Tensei: Persona and The Elder Scrolls. Considering making a Mass Effect RP, but I don't know how many people would be interested in one. That's the risk with series RPs - there might not be a demand for them or they'll die out after a couple of posts. Hopefully I'd make it accessible to people who haven't played the series, but who want a good old sci-fi RP.
I am the very model of a scientist salarian,
I've studied species turian, asari, and batarian.

Last edited by Rokusasu; May 1st, 2012 at 07:45 AM.
Old May 1st, 2012, 08:15 AM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
Rokusasu- LOOOLLL! That picture hahhahahahah!!! XDDDD

(Sorry guys i'm hyper ;D))
Pair
Roleplays
Deviantart
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old May 1st, 2012, 10:44 AM
SV
It was justified

Did someone say Mass Effect RP? I might consider joining that if it has a decent plot.

Paired with the Epic Raikiri
Old May 1st, 2012, 11:02 AM
Adventure
do it my o w n way

Nature: Naive
If a Halo (or Mass Effect, I presume) RP would work, there would have to be a very good story to go with it.

Something I'm wondering: How do people feel about playing in a RP as pre-existing characters? Like, not playing as a character you've made up yourself, but rather as a character that already exist in canon. For example, to play as Ash or Brock in a pokémon RP or as Hermione in a Harry Potter RP.

moderator of roleplay corner & pokémon general
proudly paired with abnegation
¤
Old May 1st, 2012, 11:14 AM
machomuu
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post

Something I'm wondering: How do people feel about playing in a RP as pre-existing characters? Like, not playing as a character you've made up yourself, but rather as a character that already exist in canon. For example, to play as Ash or Brock in a pokémon RP or as Hermione in a Harry Potter RP.
I actually thought about this, and really, I'm perfectly okay with it. Existing character role-based RPs can open new doors and can actually be more story based than character created ones, depending on the subject matter, of course.
Old May 1st, 2012, 11:23 AM
Nam
Mime Jr.

Yes, Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 were my all time favs of the franchise. But I also like Shadow the Hedgehod, sadly haven't been able to play Sonic '06 yet, Sonic Heroes was almost bad to me (loved the song though), playing Sonic Colors, and aiming for Generation. They say those two last games were pretty good. I hated Sonic Unleashed though.

Mass Effect. I saw that in a Gamestop store while I was in New York for vacation but it was too expensive. I'm interested cause it has gotten very good critics but I haven't been able to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by プリンセスサファイア View Post

I made one, I'm actually thinking about opening up a few more spots on each side once we finish what's going on right now.
Please VM me if you come to that. I haven't felt this desperate since that time I wanted to play pokemon but I couldn't because I got bored of the games and lost it. ><" Now I keep all my pokemon games even if I get bored cause I know I'll get a nostalgic attack someday and want to play it.

Old May 1st, 2012, 11:24 AM
Cirrus
dreaming a transient dream.

Nature: Mild
Pre-existing characters are something I would like to experiment with sometimes. Though writing sample becomes the only way of judging someone's skill, that might not be a bad thing either - and it allows people to get a better understanding of what the world is supposed to be all about, as well as gives the author a sense of fulfillment when he sees his characters doing things on their own.

~あさきゆめみし君と~

さくらの色 いとしさの花 あさきゆめみし君と
そっとそっと口づけをして 涙あふれてく

pair · in tempore momenti · personal vloid playlist
d.c. ii art assets belong to circus. text: tororo.
Old May 1st, 2012, 11:52 AM
Mr. Mammoth
One cool snowman

@Rokasu: Can I join your retro-corner? I have MegaMan 2...

@Nam: Yeah, you probably shouldn't play Sonic '06. That game is a pure piece of s***. The plot is bad and poorly written in some places, the game has several glitches and bugs that effs up the gameplay (I'm looking at you Silver the Hedgehog's bossfight), plus it has long and tedious loading screens between every new part of an area.

Do yourself a favour and don't play this game. It's like MegaMan X6.

Pre-exsisting characters? Oh gee, truth to be told, I'm a bit afraid of that. I'm always worried that I might eff up the character if I take control of them, that's why I try to stay away from that as often as possible.
Old May 1st, 2012, 12:12 PM
Nam
Mime Jr.

Quote:
@Nam: Yeah, you probably shouldn't play Sonic '06. That game is a pure piece of s***. The plot is bad and poorly written in some places, the game has several glitches and bugs that effs up the gameplay (I'm looking at you Silver the Hedgehog's bossfight), plus it has long and tedious loading screens between every new part of an area.

Do yourself a favour and don't play this game. It's like MegaMan X6.
Oh god... why you have to remind me?...

Has anyone considered a Megaman RP?

O>O

Old May 1st, 2012, 12:33 PM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

-.- I don't know what topics we're talking about anymore... I'm just gonna wing it.

I guess Sonic '06 may have been rushed. But don't diss at Silver! He's awesome & a Psychic! Now, I don't care if you people don't like Sonic Heroes. I like the theme song & the gameplay, so deal with it.

New topic!

Has there been an RP of Super Smash Bros. Brawl?

EDIT: & yes, Navi is annoying. But Link is righteous!

~Dia+PS~

Last edited by ShinyDiamond; May 1st, 2012 at 12:42 PM.
Old May 1st, 2012, 12:43 PM
machomuu
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyDiamond View Post
-.- I don't know what topics we're talking about anymore... I'm just gonna wing it.

I guess Sonic '06 may have been rushed. But don't diss at Silver! He's awesome & a Psychic! Now, I don't care if you people don't like Sonic Heroes. I like the theme song & the gameplay, so deal with it.

New topic!

Has there been an RP of Super Smash Bros. Brawl?
Hold on a second, Diamond; Nam just started a new topic in the previous post.

But in response to the Megaman RP, I'd be interested if it were X or Zero, since those both are pretty heavily story based and are great settings for RPs.
Old May 1st, 2012, 12:48 PM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
Hold on a second, Diamond; Nam just started a new topic in the previous post.

But in response to the Megaman RP, I'd be interested if it were X or Zero, since those both are pretty heavily story based and are great settings for RPs.
-.- Thanks... P.S. I edited my post before you commented!

~Dia+PS~

Last edited by ShinyDiamond; May 1st, 2012 at 12:54 PM.
Old May 1st, 2012, 01:10 PM
Mr. Mammoth
One cool snowman

@ShinyDiamond: Well, I'm not really dissing Silver himself. Don't get me wrong, he's a cool dude. I'm just dissing his bossfight which is so glitched that you can even get shot out of the planet's freaking atmosphere and die.

Besides, I said that Sonic Heroes was a fine game. I didn't say that I hated it, it's just that a lot of fans do.

There, that should correct all misunderstandings!

@Nam: OH. MY. GAWD. MegaMan RP, f*** yeah! I would also like to see it happen during the X and Zero storyline, that would be freaking baws. It could probably be done as you play as a Maverick hunter and get missions from the captain of the division you're in (maybe X or someone else). Such as, destroy a Maverick uprising etc, etc. Or you could play as a Maverick under the control of Sigma and do different nefarious deeds!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here