Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Theatre > Roleplay Stage
Reload this Page Roleplay Discussion Thread

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Stage This is where the In-Character roleplaying happens. Before you create a thread here, recruit some players in Roleplay Casting. Your very own legend is about to unfold! A world of dreams and adventures awaits! Let's go!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old May 5th, 2012 (10:22 AM).
King of the Hell

RPAs are up? This time I'll make sure my hopes aren't brought up.

(Is he joking? Who knows!)
Old May 5th, 2012 (02:02 PM).
Hey hoo~

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
Next month i'll be taking the RPA for improved RPer! ):D just waitttt~ (i'm gonna nominate someone else for this month :3)
Sisters
Theme
Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old May 5th, 2012 (03:03 PM).
Proto (Not the *****)

Nature: Naughty
Quote originally posted by Skymin:
AAAAAH MEG WHADDUP!!

Also, to all you chumps out there, the RPAs are back again this month! Be on the look out for especially awesome roleplayers and roleplays to nominate!!
I think Imma sweep the awards this time. Feeling pretty good about it. JK, I'll lose again. I'll vote for the deserving ones and you should too!
Old May 5th, 2012 (04:26 PM).
Pokemon Professor / RP Mentor
Crystal Tier

Nature: Sassy
@Machomuu: ...The anime has some kind of weird, canon breaking love for Mew. |D In the games, mew is a relatively weak pokemon unnoteworthy except for it's rarity and age. Arceus definitely created Mew, but there's nothing to suggest that Mew created...anything really.

Also, I'm just going to leave this here. They're relevant comments on Arceus' backstory taken from ze wiki. Food for thought.

Quote:
This has some parallels with Taoism and perhaps Shintoism. Creation in Taoism starts with a single energy, dividing into a duality (often referred to as Yin and Yang), then into three parts, and finally into the rest of creation. Compare, for example, the Korean Taeguk and Samtaeguk symbols, also seen in China and Japan which reflect this belief.

Similar parallels can be found in other creation myths, but not as directly. In fact, this seems to be more easily attributed to a common theme among creation myths than as a source of inspiration; several creation myths start with one being which splits or creates other beings from its body, including Hinduism and Greek mythology.
Old May 5th, 2012 (04:54 PM).
We'll practice like it's 1999!

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by PkMnTrainer Yellow:
@Machomuu: ...The anime has some kind of weird, canon breaking love for Mew. |D In the games, mew is a relatively weak pokemon unnoteworthy except for it's rarity and age. Arceus definitely created Mew, but there's nothing to suggest that Mew created...anything really.

Also, I'm just going to leave this here. They're relevant comments on Arceus' backstory taken from ze wiki. Food for thought.

I'm strictly talking about game canon, but actually the Shinoist relations between Pokemon and the games is really my driving force in this whole matter. See, it's never actually been proven that Arceus created anything, it's just something that's been theorized by various people of importance and professors, that's why that's why they have Christian-styled churches in Sinnoh, because one must have faith and belief in Arceus since very little is known about him and most haven't seem him. In fact, I'd say that Mew being the creator of all pokemon is more likely than Arceus being God, mainly because we actually have evidence of Mew containing the DNA of all Pokemon (including Arceus), but like the Christian God, all we have is faith and historical scriptures. Heck, as far as we know, that's not the real Mew- or rather, that's not the only Mew. Similar to Arceus, Mew is an enigma that has been sighted by others but has never been canonically seen or caught by any of the protagonists or characters of interest, just like Arceus, we know next to nothing about either of them except for the fact that Mew contains the DNA of all pokemon, but even now we know very little about it.

I'm actually pretty interested in this premise, I've been planning a trilogy of hacks (or rather, a beginning hack, a text based story as the middle entry, and a hack as the finale) based on this. I feel that the games will touch on these subjects in the future due to their increasing emphasis on story over the years and the surplus of pokemon, they'll come back to both Arceus and Mew, I'm sure of it.
Old May 5th, 2012 (07:30 PM).

Nature: Modest
I've thought of an idea for a new Pokemon role-play.

It's like some sort of a Pokemon Camp Half-Blood sorta thing, where people are children of Legendaries.
Old May 5th, 2012 (07:35 PM).
part time demon hunter
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
RPAs are not up yet. I'll stick them up mid-May. The one that's up is from lat month that I havent unstickied yet.
Old May 5th, 2012 (07:37 PM).
King of the Hell

In case I say something wrong:
Spoiler:
Having a bit of a depression attack at the moment, so please ignore it entirely, if it makes itself noticed. I'm doing my best to keep it contained.

Anyways, I finished my Sign-Up for Pokemon Fallout. If anyone wants, they can take a look at it; I would like some feedback. Just click "Amy Yula" on my signature.
Old May 5th, 2012 (08:01 PM).
«Dual Wield» User
Crystal Tier

Nature: Bashful
Everyone, I will be submitting a new RP later! It took me a while to write & plan it out. Here's what it's called.

Kingdoms At War: The Dark Ages

I hope you enjoy my new RP when it comes up.

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Old May 5th, 2012 (11:10 PM).
Crystal Tier

@Machomuu: Yeah... I'll point out that the the Sinnoh Pokedexs and above say nothing about Mew having the genes of all pokemon. This means that Gen 4 and 5 Pokemon may very well be exempt from that. The 'fact' that Mew has the genes of all pokemon has also not actually been proven. It's mere speculation based on it's ability to learn and utilize any move including transform. After all, how could they possibly know this for real, having never been able to catch a Mew? The fact that Mew is shown to be a weakling in the games is also evidence against it creating...anything really. Level 30? That's...like...bottom tier of legendaries right there.

If anything, I'd say that Mew is exactly what it's made out to be, a relic from the beginnings of time that hasn't evolved in god knows how long. Other pokemon may have even evolved from it, however there were definitely things before it. I think the issue with discrediting Arceus is that you can totally go to heaven and fight him... at level 80 wielding an insane BST, the ability to change to any type, an insane movepool, and the move /judgement/. It's not...exactly subtle.
Old May 6th, 2012 (02:29 AM).
the heroes of our time
ModeratorEO

Nature: Naive
Quote originally posted by Meloetta142:
I've thought of an idea for a new Pokemon role-play.

It's like some sort of a Pokemon Camp Half-Blood sorta thing, where people are children of Legendaries.
I'm not sure that I know what Camp Half-Blood is, but if you have an idea, work on it and give it a shot :3

Quote originally posted by Skymin:
RPAs are not up yet. I'll stick them up mid-May. The one that's up is from lat month that I havent unstickied yet.
Exciting, teheh.

Quote originally posted by Zerin:
In case I say something wrong:
Spoiler:
Having a bit of a depression attack at the moment, so please ignore it entirely, if it makes itself noticed. I'm doing my best to keep it contained.

Anyways, I finished my Sign-Up for Pokemon Fallout. If anyone wants, they can take a look at it; I would like some feedback. Just click "Amy Yula" on my signature.
Since you said you wanted some feedback, I can give you a little of that.
First of all, it can be cool to pimp your SU with colors, fonts and css once in a while, but I personally think you're going overboard with it :3 The title name is hardly readable, even though it looks cool. Centered text is generally more bothersome to read than left aligned text, keep that in mind. As is bright text on dark backgrounds.
Regarding the history of your character, it's certainly odd and interesting. I guess if Yellow is fine with it, it's a rather creative history.

Quote originally posted by ShinyDiamond:
Everyone, I will be submitting a new RP later! It took me a while to write & plan it out. Here's what it's called.

Kingdoms At War: The Dark Ages

:) I hope you enjoy my new RP when it comes up.
Sounds interesting, is it set in medieval times? Featuring pokémon or not?

@Machomuu: Yeah... I'll point out that the the Sinnoh Pokedexs and above say nothing about Mew having the genes of all pokemon. This means that Gen 4 and 5 Pokemon may very well be exempt from that. The 'fact' that Mew has the genes of all pokemon has also not actually been proven. It's mere speculation based on it's ability to learn and utilize any move including transform. After all, how could they possibly know this for real, having never been able to catch a Mew? The fact that Mew is shown to be a weakling in the games is also evidence against it creating...anything really. Level 30? That's...like...bottom tier of legendaries right there.

If anything, I'd say that Mew is exactly what it's made out to be, a relic from the beginnings of time that hasn't evolved in god knows how long. Other pokemon may have even evolved from it, however there were definitely things before it. I think the issue with discrediting Arceus is that you can totally go to heaven and fight him... at level 80 wielding an insane BST, the ability to change to any type, an insane movepool, and the move /judgement/. It's not...exactly subtle.
I, personally, believe what bulbapedia states is the best explanation:
Quote:
In a vortex of complete chaos and nothingness, a single Egg comes into being, which then hatches into Arceus, the first Pokémon in existence. Arceus creates Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina, giving them power over time, space, and antimatter...

Kyogre is formed by the pressure in the deep sea trenches, Groudon is formed deep inside the Earth, likely from hardened magma and earth... Kyogre and Groudon then proceed to fill the sea and create land, respectively... The Red and Blue Orbs are created to prevent the reawakening of Kyogre and Groudon... At this time, Mew may have been plentiful and lived in large numbers.

... Millions of years before Generation I:
Earliest known prehistoric Pokémon exist. It is possible that the Mew population may have decreased at this stage, as they slowly gave way to other Pokémon species...

moderator:
x Roleplay Theatre

roleplays:
x Crossroads
x Digimon
x Titans
x Legends

Old May 6th, 2012 (05:05 AM).
☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Gold Tier

So... I'm planning to submit an Adventure Time RP soon. So, I need some feedback and opinion about this.... For those who do not know what Adventure Time is, just look at Skymin's profile. I'm planning to give you some deets later... =3

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

gunnerpow7

☆ paired with MidnightShine, Twihiki_Amias, PachyfcgPC Showdown ☆ Lady Gunner ☆ defunct account ☆
Old May 6th, 2012 (05:40 AM).
Hey hoo~

Okay i guess the pokemon theory is like this then:

Arceus made mew and the world
Mew made the pokemon including groudon, kyogre, dialga and palkia,
Groudon and kyogre made water and land,
And palkia and dialga made universe and time

It's a pretty nice theory :I it makes perfect sense, the people who made pokemon must've really thought of this xD (if this is the real theory)
Sisters
Theme
Old May 6th, 2012 (06:39 AM).
the heroes of our time
ModeratorEO

Quote originally posted by PinkSapphire:
Okay i guess the pokemon theory is like this then:

Arceus made mew and the world
Mew made the pokemon including groudon, kyogre, dialga and palkia,
Groudon and kyogre made water and land,
And palkia and dialga made universe and time

It's a pretty nice theory :I it makes perfect sense, the people who made pokemon must've really thought of this xD (if this is the real theory)
Not that this whole discussion is very on-topic in this thread at all xD But I still want to say that I don't think it makes perfect :p I'm one of those who think Mew didn't create anything; rather back at the beginning of the world, Mew was a common pokémon just like Rattata or Meowth. It's just that it evolved into other species just like life on Earth has done, and if any Mew still exist today they could have "genes from every pokémon" in it just because every now living species descended from Mew. So in that manner, I guess we could say Mew "created" the rest of the pokémon ^^ Not Palkia, Giratina and Dialga though.

Then, there could be plotholes in the different stories between different regions though, because when they wrote the story for Gen III they probably hadn't finished writing the story for Gen IV yet.

Of course, in a RP, the GM can decide to use any theory they want for their world ;)

moderator:
x Roleplay Theatre

roleplays:
x Crossroads
x Digimon
x Titans
x Legends

Old May 6th, 2012 (07:07 AM). Edited May 6th, 2012 by machomuu.

Quote originally posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers:

Not that this whole discussion is very on-topic in this thread at all xD But I still want to say that I don't think it makes perfect :p I'm one of those who think Mew didn't create anything; rather back at the beginning of the world, Mew was a common pokémon just like Rattata or Meowth. It's just that it evolved into other species just like life on Earth has done, and if any Mew still exist today they could have "genes from every pokémon" in it just because every now living species descended from Mew. So in that manner, I guess we could say Mew "created" the rest of the pokémon Not Palkia, Giratina and Dialga though.

Then, there could be plotholes in the different stories between different regions though, because when they wrote the story for Gen III they probably hadn't finished writing the story for Gen IV yet.

Of course, in a RP, the GM can decide to use any theory they want for their world
I love that theory, but ,my problem is that I worry that Nintendo might not want to venture too far into the matter due to the religious nature of the matter despite the very religios nature of pokemon lately, specifically Arceus, Thundurus, Tornadus, and Landorus (especially the last three, those three aren't even subtle when you look at their Shinto conterparts), though I suppose that was on purpose...I'm surprised they went far- glad, but surprised. Actually, it seems like lately Pokemon has been trying to recaoture its older crowds. The games lately (since Platinum) have treated the player like they are intelligent, they teamed up with Koei for what is currently a oneshot and didn't try to overlocalize, and they've been introducing and making essential the underlying themes we've seen or noticed over the years in the games such as if catching pokemon is right; I just wish they'd take steps to make bigger improvements in the games. Having said all that, maybe one day we will get the true story behind Arceus and Mew, or just Arceus, becuase if we know about it then we can really just piece together Mew's importance or lack thereof. That said, part of me thinks they won't, can really, part of me doesn't want them to, reason being that it's these type of theories and discussions that get people thinking, that get their imaginations going wild. RPs and hacks are created off of the different theories people have, and I love that.
Old May 6th, 2012 (07:29 AM).
Crystal Tier

@PinkSapphire: I'm thinking Dialga, Palkia, and by extension Giratina very likely came before Mew or any of the others on account of them being partially responsible for creating such fundamental things as time and space.

@RHCP: That sounds about right.

@No one in particular: I've totally got a topic.

What is your muse? (Your muse is your ability to get into the mindset of and play your character. Aka, your inspiration.) Is your muse different for different characters or RPs?

My muse is different for every character and every incarnation of a character. I am mostly inspired by the events transpiring around my character, and my ability to immerse myself in them is essential to me being able to easily think up my character's reaction in most cases. I also am inspired by the personality of my characters themselves, as I very much enjoy building upon my initial thoughts of a character through development.
Old May 6th, 2012 (07:34 AM).
Going on a hiatus :'(

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to |Equinox|
guess I won't make Reversal for now.... ''...not enough support to actually do it~ oh wellz

Old May 6th, 2012 (07:54 AM).

My muse is really depends on the personality of my character. Generally, I put some part of me in each of my characters, though it may be exaggerated or deleted. Because of this, I feel closer to the character and am much more intone with their actions. Now, really, none of my characters are that much like me, and that's another reason I feel inspired. I love being able to take control of a character and do things I wouldn't do in real life, I love to see how situations will play out depending on the various personalities of the characters I play.
Old May 6th, 2012 (08:32 AM).
Hey hoo~

Okay xD then i guess my theory of pokemon is NUTS! XD hahahaha lmao :p
Sisters
Theme
Old May 6th, 2012 (09:14 AM).
King of the Hell

Hm... My muse? I honestly can't say I know how I do it. When I start typing, I assume the role of the character, and gain their personalities, thoughts, and ideals.
Old May 6th, 2012 (09:18 AM).
Scientist Salarian

Nature: Quirky
My muse is something which seems to hate me, being filled with inspiration when I have no assignments and then completely vanishing off the face of the earth whenever I need to come up with a story or something for classes. (Hence my reasoning for coming back to the RP community here: to try and get myself back into the habit and create more opportunities for inspiration). Character-wise, however, it depends. With some characters I can get bored very easily, others I love to play these are usually psychopaths or meanie-heads. I tend to get bored more quickly with female or feminine characters despite the fact that I'm a girl myself.

Old May 6th, 2012 (09:20 AM). Edited May 6th, 2012 by machomuu.

This is semi-off topic, so I'll spoiler it.

Spoiler:

One must note that it doesn't say that in the Pokedex, it says it in the notes in the Pokemon Mansion in Kanto, which takes place 2 years before Sinnoh, and also it says it in the Johto Dex in GSC and HGSS, which take place during the events of the Sinnoh region. Also, one must remember that the moves are simply names of the abilities that are shown in the Pokedex, it's never been stated, but more likely than no they are names created by those working on the pokedex to give trainers easy access to the abilities of pokemon. It's similar to training a dog to jump by telling go in the air by saying jump by saying "Jump". It follows Pavlov's theory that a word can mean anything, it's what it is in real-life that matters. For example, if you taught a Pikachu how to use what we know as "Thundershock" by saying "Rock Smash", it'll believe that "Rock Smash" means "Thundershock", because that's what it thinks it is. Coupled with the fact that many pray to Arceus as a God, it's no wonder the move is called Judgement, but chances are Arceus didn't name it that, humans did.

Also, about Mew being weak, I dunno about that. Sure, Mew is a low level, but that doesn't mean it's always been weak, there are several variables over the years that could have caused such a happening. But also, Mew can use every move. Now, let's say that the fur move limit didn't exist for a moment, as Pokemon is a game, and chances are that it exists simply because it's a game. Now, doesn't that mean Mew can use Spacial Rend, Roar of Time, and ultimately Judgment? Plus it can use moves like Wish, Draco Meteor, and Recover- it doesn't need to be strong stat-wise, it has enough to protect itself on its own, it has no real reason to be strong.

That's what I believe at least, but I do like the theory presented by RHCP. There is evidence to support that as well. In the Pokemon Mansion it clearly states that Mew was originally sighted in South America. Now, that may just sound like Nintendo not knowing what they're talking about, just screwing with us because they think we're stupid, but if you think about it, it does make sense (or rather, it can). What if originally the planet takes place on was just like the one will live in now, there were animals such as Humans and Mew. Then, X happened. Whatever X is, we don't know, but it destroyed (or ruined) reality as we know it, and eventually Arceus was created from an Egg, and thus things proceed as Bulbapedia states. Well, that's how it could be stated canonically at least, once could just believe Nintendo was screwing with us and could just go with the Bulbapedia entry. But having said all of that, I don't know why any God would bestow Mew with that sort of power if even he didn't have it. Of course, there's also Variable 1, the idea that a pokemon existed before Arceus, which isn't all that unlikely given Nintendo's attitude and mindset on adding Pokemon, they're bound to making "the creation story" incredibly convoluted. Anyway, I'll leave it to Nintendo to present the rest of the story. Or not.

Though I will say that my other Muse would probably the goal and setting of the RP and my character's ambitions in the aforementioned. I'm driven by what my characters are driven by, and because of this I tend to gravitate toward larger-scale RPs.
Old May 6th, 2012 (09:59 AM).
Crystal Tier

@machomuu: Nnno, being a low level definitely means a pokemon is weak. Untapped potenial is not strength... Also, theory without evidence makes for a rather poor discussion, such as the theory that the four move limit is merely a game mechanic or that move names are human invented. In fact there is slight evidence suggesting that pokemon may understand some degree of 'human language' from hatching. This is mostly in the form of an acknowledgement from Pokemon's creator to the authenticity of the Pokemon Special Manga...
Old May 6th, 2012 (10:16 AM).
the heroes of our time
ModeratorEO

@machomuu: Nnno, being a low level definitely means a pokemon is weak. Untapped potenial is not strength... Also, theory without evidence makes for a rather poor discussion, such as the theory that the four move limit is merely a game mechanic or that move names are human invented. In fact there is slight evidence suggesting that pokemon may understand some degree of 'human language' from hatching. This is mostly in the form of an acknowledgement from Pokemon's creator to the authenticity of the Pokemon Special Manga...
Sounds like you're trying to make a fact out of something that isn't really facts when it comes to RPing ^^' low level doesn't have to measure strength, rather it can measure experience as in plainly how much a pokémon has experienced and thus how many moves it may know or how close it is to evolving. It's all up to the GM, and to varying degree up to the players.

As for how much / little pokémon understand human language, that is also very relative since some pokémon (in the anime) act mostly like animals while some *coughPikachucough* act like people, doing charades to make their trainer understand and whatnot. In Arcanum, we have one or two player character who understand pokémon language, while the others can only vaguely grasp emotions and general simple needs and wants of their pokémon. I still think that all of this - and all of everything! - is up to the GMs.

If one wants to discuss stuff like this as what is really right or wrong or true or false when it comes to the game canon or anime / manga or something, maybe one should go to another section of PC and do that ;)

moderator:
x Roleplay Theatre

roleplays:
x Crossroads
x Digimon
x Titans
x Legends

Old May 6th, 2012 (10:55 AM).
«Dual Wield» User
Crystal Tier

Nature: Bashful
RHCP-You could say it takes place in medieval times, but their are no Pokemon involved. That reminds me of a new Pokemon game coming out: Pokemon Conquest

Yellow-I'm not answering that topic.

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links