The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 17th, 2012 (08:06 AM).
Adventure

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyDiamond View Post
*stays quiet*

I'm thinking of making a new RP. What kind of RP sparks your taste right now?
Carefully planned out pokémon journey RPs with an interesting background plot but lots of freedom, they always spark my interest.

to think you were once a stranger
and every day with you an adventure

Old May 17th, 2012 (08:32 AM).
Rokusasu
Scientist Salarian

Nature: Quirky
I've always had a thing for sci-fi/ fantasy role plays, I mean, that's what every assignment I've done for uni has been, pretty much. I prefer playing human characters to Pokémon. (Though I'm playing an Argonian in the Elder Scrolls RP, so I guess that I just prefer characters who can participate in dialogue beyond repeating their name? I makes sense in my head.)

Old May 17th, 2012 (12:07 PM).
Axeliira
the sugar plum fairy

Nature: Brave
It is amazing to see Yellow mentoring someone and introducing them to our little RP corner. It's awesome and warms my heart. :3 great job, Yellow! Keep up the good work. :D

Welcome btw, RealMrFaceMan! I hope you have a wonderful time here at PC, and don't be shy on jumping in some of the RPs still accepting signups! :3 Looking forward to seeing you RP. ;3
Everyone would have a friend,
& right would always win,
& love would never end.
This is my grown-up Christmas list.
Moderator of FC&G ~ Paired to Buoysel & Kanzler

Old May 17th, 2012 (12:17 PM).
machomuu
Master Spark is Comin' to Town
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Well, I mean an RP that sparks everyone's taste, not just few. Of course it will have Pokemon.
You know, recently someone said a saying that I took to heart, I don't remember exactly who said it, but they said, "A game that tries to appeal to everyone, appeals to no one," (or something to that effect) and I think that's completely true. If you try to make an RP that tries to appeal to the taste of every group, the end product most likely won't be that great.
Old May 17th, 2012 (02:42 PM).
Dusk
Fighting to Renew my Past...

Nature: Lonely
Here's an idea, a long shot I know, but an idea nonetheless.

TEAM FORTRESS 2 RP

... Is that possible? Does anyone think they could pull off an RP like that?

Old May 17th, 2012 (02:54 PM).
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
Akio-kun-:\ I wish I knew what Team Fortress was.

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Old May 17th, 2012 (03:08 PM).
Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by 徳清アキオ View Post
Here's an idea, a long shot I know, but an idea nonetheless.

TEAM FORTRESS 2 RP

... Is that possible? Does anyone think they could pull off an RP like that?
I heard some people Marin? speaking about TF2 today so people apparently play it at least :3 I personally don't, and I'm unsure how a RP about it would work. But all things can be turned into RPs. It's only more or less time consuming to come up with decent enough game mechanics (and plot) for it.

Quote:
Akio-kun-:\ I wish I knew what Team Fortress was.
It's your lucky day, because it's not all days that what you're wishing for comes true. That is, if you have heard about the thing called Google and know how to use it.

Old May 17th, 2012 (03:18 PM).
Dusk
Fighting to Renew my Past...

Nature: Lonely
It's a First Person Shooter made by Valve (Creators of Portal, Half-Life) that turned free-to-play a while back. If you want to play it, I'd highly recommend it to anyone. There are nine completely different but balanced out classes to play as, and you can switch at any time. There's no campaign, it's straight-up multiplayer fun.

Watch all 8 of these videos:

Team Fortress 2: Meet the Classes Playlist

There's no "Meet the Pyro" video out yet, but the Pyro is pretty obvious by name on what the class is about. Those 8 videos are for each of the other classes. When they come out with Pyro's video, I don't know, but these are still fun (and funny) to watch.

_____

Anyways, I'm asking if anyone else might want to create it (or Co-GM something like that with me) because, in all honesty, I have NO idea how to turn it into an RP. However, if it became an RP, it would be loads of fun.

I mean, the issue is the high factor of death. Everyone would be killing each other, rather frequently. I suppose you could base it off of the lore:

The only issue is the inevitable and continuous death. I mean, would they simply re-spawn? Is there any way to physically give a reason as to why dead mercenaries suddenly reappear? ANd a plot, what would be the point?

I love TF2, if you didn't notice. Also, my Steam Account is linked on my "Akio's Gaming" page. (Press the green controller button on my signature)

Old May 17th, 2012 (04:38 PM).
Rose Quartz
Let's change our fate

Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
@Akio-kun- sounds like a fun RP XD though, i hope you (or someone else) can find a good reason for reapearing :3
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old May 17th, 2012 (05:08 PM).
Jaffersin
Painting the town R.E.D.

Nature: Sassy
If you'd excuse my...newness I'd say that I've had a handful of ideas for such a thing going around and wouldn't mind some back-and-forth PM chitchat here or on Steam (if only because it's an IM service you literally must own unless you play the deserted, non-updated console version of TF2) to try and establish a base plot. We'd need a more fanfic role since TF2 has an intricate story but also a stagnant one in which the motive behind each battle is pretty much the same. But I'm getting ahead of myself, if you can choke back the vomit from looking at my choppy, verbose posting style I'd gladly do what I can to assist in the plot elements, or if nothing else try to be an active member if I can.
Old May 18th, 2012 (05:20 AM).
Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaffersin View Post
If you'd excuse my...newness I'd say that I've had a handful of ideas for such a thing going around and wouldn't mind some back-and-forth PM chitchat here or on Steam (if only because it's an IM service you literally must own unless you play the deserted, non-updated console version of TF2) to try and establish a base plot. We'd need a more fanfic role since TF2 has an intricate story but also a stagnant one in which the motive behind each battle is pretty much the same. But I'm getting ahead of myself, if you can choke back the vomit from looking at my choppy, verbose posting style I'd gladly do what I can to assist in the plot elements, or if nothing else try to be an active member if I can.
We all have different posting styles. Welcome to the RP Corner! Do try and get a RP up, or join one before you create your own. It's often easier to get the hang of it that way.

Seems like people deserted the RP Corner today just to force me into studying for my tests. I "promise" that's the cause.

Old May 18th, 2012 (07:15 AM).
Rose Quartz
Let's change our fate

@Jaffersin- welcome to the RP corner! are you really sure you want to put on a RP already? Thats fast, normally new RPers join RP's first before making one, i guess this makes you unique from the others :3
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old May 18th, 2012 (07:38 AM).
Axeliira
the sugar plum fairy

Kinda weird & stuff, but I am thinking of actually starting an RP myself. I got the hang of RPing finally, and gained a ton of confidence. My main concern is timing...I want to have a bit more free time to do this.
Everyone would have a friend,
& right would always win,
& love would never end.
This is my grown-up Christmas list.
Moderator of FC&G ~ Paired to Buoysel & Kanzler

Old May 18th, 2012 (08:10 AM).
Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meganium90 View Post
Kinda weird & stuff, but I am thinking of actually starting an RP myself. I got the hang of RPing finally, and gained a ton of confidence. My main concern is timing...I want to have a bit more free time to do this.
Yay! Wait until you are free for the summer. Unless you work and aren't free. Hm.

What kind of RP were you thinking of?

Old May 18th, 2012 (08:22 AM).
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Jaffersin-Good to meet you! Always nice to see a new face in the Roleplay Section.

I think I'll try a Kingdom Hearts RP. Would anyone be interested in that?

~Dia+PS~
Old May 18th, 2012 (08:30 AM).
Julius Caesar
Marked Out

Nature: Bold
Welcome to all new RP'ers, and those who have been here for a while.

Anyways, speaking of RP's to join, I heard from a very reliable source that there is a chance to join Elder Scrolls:Akatosh's Hourglass. You can join the RP just in time for the IC, which was submitted last night. This RP is open for those new and old, so come on and join!

Old May 18th, 2012 (10:38 AM).
Rose Quartz
Let's change our fate

@SD- i would be very intressed :3
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Old May 18th, 2012 (10:42 AM).
machomuu
Community Supporter

A KH RP...I dunno. That one really depends on a good setup, imo. If it had that, I'd be interested.
Old May 18th, 2012 (10:55 AM).
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Hmm. I guess I could have someone help me with what to add in the spoilers, story, worlds etc.

EDIT: Actually, if anyone wants a certain world to explore in the Kingdom Hearts RP I plan on making, feel free to PM me about it. Oh, & I'm still free to help anyone out with what they need!

~Dia+PS~
Old May 18th, 2012 (11:23 AM).
Rose Quartz
Let's change our fate

@SD- if you want some help i guess i could help you? though... I suppose you want someone else to help you out this time :3 just remember if you need some help and there's no one that can help you, you can always send me a message
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Old May 18th, 2012 (03:50 PM).
Nam
Mime Jr.

Nature: Quiet
Is interested in a KH RP.

As for TF2, how about this:

It is exactly what is it. A game. People developed a way to put yourself inside the game virtually or bring the game out to the real world. It has been years since and it has become a very common and popular game. It isn't new anymore, people go to it as if it were school. But... there are some people who want to take it to the next level and you got to stop them. Details? You guys work it out. xP

Pokemon HeartGold: 5114 5257 4957
Old May 18th, 2012 (04:45 PM).
Subsonic
Safe in My Hands

Kingdom Hearts... Well there was one here, but died before it could get started... I only remember it because it was the first one I ever saw and another thing. I was never really interested with it though... I recall getting really mad when I read the post... The person must have done something I really didn't like or there was a flaw I was able to detect...

Well, for a Kingdom Hearts RP, it would have to be really well constructed. Since, the world of Kingdom Hearts is already complex and "developed", for there to be a successful Kingdom Hearts RP I believe the plot of the RP should be complex as well.... Well that's my two cents... Sorry if I was being... to harsh? Oh and sorry if I was mean...

Credit: Allstate + Eli Lieb
Old May 18th, 2012 (05:04 PM).
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Well, how about a what if RP for this Kingdom Hearts RP? That works too, right?

~Dia+PS~
Old May 18th, 2012 (05:08 PM).
machomuu
Community Supporter

Quote:
Well, how about a what if RP for this Kingdom Hearts RP? That works too, right?
That depends on where the shift from the "Canon" timeline to the "What If" timeline took place and what differs between the former and the later, because, depending on certain variables, you may still have to deal with the convolution of the story, regardless.
Old May 18th, 2012 (05:12 PM).
Nam
Mime Jr.

Nature: Quiet
What do you mean by a what if RP?

Anyway, there are a few themes you can choose for Kingdom Hearts. Maybe we're all aspiring to become Keyblade masters and we experience a life similar to Aqua, Terra, and Ventus. Or, maybe a keyblade tournament/war. We could just be normal kids like Sora who acquire the keyblade's power when the worlds go into darkness once more. etc.

Edit: Just tossing ideas...

Pokemon HeartGold: 5114 5257 4957
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links