Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 19th, 2012 (03:29 PM).
Dusk
A Glitch in the System

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by Supervegeta:
@SD I say if you really want to do it, then do it. You have that freedom. Most likely, it will inevitably screw up and fail anyways due to your 'inability to control yourself', or whatever the heck it is that's causing you to act like this all over this thread. I am slightly upset and highly annoyed that you refuse to get help that exists and expect everyone here to tolerate you instead of working hard like everyone else. You also constantly demand awards for doing exactly nothing as well as guilt trip people over ridiculous crud, and at the end don't understand why people get mad at you. Please either seek the necessary help you desperately need, or get your problems off of this board, because quite frankly, I'm tired of hearing them, and I believe others may be as well.

-SV
Woah man. I agree with that, but there are MUCH more subtle ways to handle that. Not to mention it just adds to the lack of relevance to the topic.

__

Just a quick update.

Jaffersin and I are working with each other through PM and are in the process of making the TEAM FORTRESS RP.

Anyone interested in joining when we put it up?

Old May 19th, 2012 (03:51 PM).
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
@Rokusasu Actually you may be giving him too much credit.

@SD I say if you really want to do it, then do it. You have that freedom. Most likely, it will inevitably screw up and fail anyways due to your 'inability to control yourself', or whatever the heck it is that's causing you to act like this all over this thread. I am slightly upset and highly annoyed that you refuse to get help that exists and expect everyone here to tolerate you instead of working hard like everyone else. You also constantly demand awards for doing exactly nothing as well as guilt trip people over ridiculous crud, and at the end don't understand why people get mad at you. Please either seek the necessary help you desperately need, or get your problems off of this board, because quite frankly, I'm tired of hearing them, and I believe others may be as well.

-SV

That being said, on the brighter side of RPing news, PTA has just hit 100,000 views, which is quite an accomplishment.

Also, Years of Lies has just recently celebrated its 1-year anniversary as an RP, and should be commended as well. Keep up the good work!
*tries to hold in my anger & sadness* :') I'll just give up on the Kingdom Hearts RP. I'm in too many RPs anyway.

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Old May 19th, 2012 (03:55 PM).
Danger Zone
All Men Must Die.

Quote originally posted by 徳清アキオ:

Woah man. I agree with that, but there are MUCH more subtle ways to handle that. Not to mention it just adds to the lack of relevance to the topic.

__

Just a quick update.

Jaffersin and I are working with each other through PM and are in the process of making the TEAM FORTRESS RP.

Anyone interested in joining when we put it up?
I'm still wondering how exactly you plan to give TF2 a plot to make it actually worth being a RP. I'd love to see it being pulled off though!
Old May 19th, 2012 (03:55 PM). Edited May 19th, 2012 by Subsonic.
Subsonic
Safe in My Hands

Spoiler:
@Rokusasu Actually you may be giving him too much credit.

-SV

That being said, on the brighter side of RPing news, PTA has just hit 100,000 views, which is quite an accomplishment.

Also, Years of Lies has just recently celebrated its 1-year anniversary as an RP, and should be commended as well. Keep up the good work!
Wow, that's pretty harsh... Man, I thought I was mean. I don't really know him/her personally and I only know of this person's by just lurking, so I can't agree or disagree with the points to make...

@ShinyDiamond: Here's an idea: Why not set it in an Alternate Universe or in a different world? In this AU or alternate universe, it is just like our world. Just as industrialized and socially catastrophic. Just like in hours, the very idea of magic is just a fantasy.

However, in this world, the belief in magic isn't welcomed in this world. Let the players be magic believers. In some way, shape, or form they feel left out and are on the brink of depression. In some way or the other they decide to commit suicide and when they do, they find themselves in some place in the KH world.

There's an idea that I had running in my brain for years now. This idea was actually meant to be an idea for a fan fiction, but never made it onto paper. I never really got to tweak with it because of lack of time and my lack of knowledge of KH series at the time because I was never really able to play it without the 15 minute drive to my cousin's house. My knowledge solely comes from LPs I have seen, what little I have played, and memories of my cousin playing. Since this was originally meant to be a fan fiction, you will probably need to tweak with it... A lot...

Quote originally posted by ShinyDiamond:
*tries to hold in my anger & sadness* :') I'll just give up on the Kingdom Hearts RP. I'm in too many RPs anyway.
Then why in the world did you mention making one in the first place? >.<

Credit: Allstate + Eli Lieb
Old May 19th, 2012 (03:59 PM).
Dusk
A Glitch in the System

Quote originally posted by -DeepImpact-:

I'm still wondering how exactly you plan to give TF2 a plot to make it actually worth being a RP. I'd love to see it being pulled off though!
You... DO know there is a whole plot in TF2 as it is, right? I know, I was shocked when I found out. But it's going to be based on that.

We've found a plausible cause that allows players to "respawn" but makes it a very negative thing to do so.

Old May 19th, 2012 (04:03 PM).
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by First Snow:
Spoiler:

Wow, that's pretty harsh... Man, I thought I was mean. I don't really know him/her personally and I only know of this person's by just lurking, so I can't agree or disagree with the points to make...

@ShinyDiamond: Here's an idea: Why not set it in an Alternate Universe or in a different world? In this AU or alternate universe, it is just like our world. Just as industrialized and socially catastrophic. Just like in hours, the very idea of magic is just a fantasy.

However, in this world, the belief in magic isn't welcomed in this world. Let the players be magic believers. In some way, shape, or form they feel left out and are on the brink of depression. In some way or the other they decide to commit suicide and when they do, they find themselves in Hollow Bastion...

There's an idea that I had running in my brain for years now. This idea was actually meant to be an idea for a fan fiction, but never made it onto paper. I never really got to tweak with it because of lack of time and my lack of knowledge of KH series at the time because I was never really able to play it without the 15 minute drive to my cousin's house. My knowledge solely comes from LPs I have seen, what little I have played, and memories of my cousin playing. Since this was originally meant to be a fan fiction, you will probably need to tweak with it... A lot...

Then hy in the world did you mention making one in the first place? >.<
I could not understand what you just explained. What's the point if I'm not smart enough to understand things for an RP? I'm just gonna give up on it. :')

~Dia+PS~
Old May 19th, 2012 (04:05 PM).
machomuu
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I could not understand what you just explained. What's the point if I'm not smart enough to understand things for an RP? I'm just gonna give up on it. :')
Just read about the multiverse theory Yellow and I were talking about in the Megaman argument was happening, you'll be fine.
Old May 19th, 2012 (04:06 PM).
Danger Zone
All Men Must Die.

Quote originally posted by 徳清アキオ:

You... DO know there is a whole plot in TF2 as it is, right? I know, I was shocked when I found out. But it's going to be based on that.

We've found a plausible cause that allows players to "respawn" but makes it a very negative thing to do so.
I mean, a plot required for a RP. From what I've read the story is more like a backstory for why the whole game takes place.

@SD: Not to sound mean or anything but why exactly would you plan to make a RP based off a franchise you don't entirely understand?
Old May 19th, 2012 (04:08 PM).
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by machomuu:
Just read about the multiverse theory Yellow and I were talking about in the Megaman argument was happening, you'll be fine.
I'm not smart enough to understand that multiverse thing anyway, & where?

~Dia+PS~
Old May 19th, 2012 (04:08 PM).
machomuu
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by -DeepImpact-:

I mean, a plot required for a RP. From what I've read the story is more like a backstory for why the whole game takes place.

@SD: Not to sound mean or anything but why exactly would you plan to make a RP based off a franchise you don't entirely understand?
That's simple: he likes the series, and therefore he wanted to make an RP about it.
Old May 19th, 2012 (04:10 PM).
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

:'S Can we just drop this whole thing already? I don't wanna start yelling.

~Dia+PS~
Old May 19th, 2012 (04:12 PM).
machomuu
Community Supporter

:'S Can we just drop this whole thing already? I don't wanna start yelling.
...I don't see why any of this would warrant for yelling...but it starts near the end of page 174.
Old May 19th, 2012 (04:14 PM).
Danger Zone
All Men Must Die.

I remember Nakuzami planning to make a RP based on KH, but he kind of disappeared before he could make it. :B Iirc he was also making a Skyrim RP.
Old May 19th, 2012 (04:17 PM).
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Actually, I submitted an IC thread 2 minutes after he/she accepted threads. Do I have to wait a whole week before mine is accepted?

~Dia+PS~
Old May 19th, 2012 (04:19 PM).
machomuu
Community Supporter

Actually, I submitted an IC thread 2 minutes after he/she accepted threads. Do I have to wait a whole week before mine is accepted?
So after all of that, you had one ready and submitted it...
Diamond...
Old May 19th, 2012 (04:24 PM).
Subsonic
Safe in My Hands

SD:... I can't help but say this, but I am really annoyed with you now. Causing all this minor drama, rejecting all the ideas people give you, and complaining about how "unintelligent" you are, you already submitted one? You could have left it at: "I am making a KH rp, is anyone interested?" and later somehow talk about the plot... I am very, very annoyed....

Credit: Allstate + Eli Lieb
Old May 19th, 2012 (04:24 PM).
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

So after all of that, you had one ready and submitted it...
Diamond...
It's not a Kingdom Hearts RP. It's a different kind of RP. I have an OOC in the Roleplay Lounge since a week ago I think. I just submitted the IC just an hour ago. I was just thinking of making another RP with Kingdom Hearts, but now I already decided to give up on it.

Please answer my question.

~Dia+PS~
Old May 19th, 2012 (04:29 PM).
machomuu
Community Supporter

It's not a Kingdom Hearts RP. It's a different kind of RP. I have an OOC in the Roleplay Lounge since a week ago I think. I just submitted the IC just an hour ago. I was just thinking of making another RP with Kingdom Hearts, but now I already decided to give up on it.

Please answer my question.
Why don't you just ask Skymin, we can't answer that for you.
Old May 19th, 2012 (04:36 PM).
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Why don't you just ask Skymin, we can't answer that for you.
I asked Skymin an hour ago, but he's/she's offline. Now I just know I have to wait a whole week to start my RP, which annoys me.

~Dia+PS~
Old May 19th, 2012 (04:44 PM).
machomuu
Community Supporter

I asked Skymin an hour ago, but he's/she's offline. Now I just know I have to wait a whole week to start my RP, which annoys me.
I doubt that, while studying the order of the posts in the "Roleplay Acceptance" thread, I noticed that the time between each post is pretty erratic, but most of the posts seem to be accepted somewhere within 6 days of each other, but I saw no indication of a "once at the end of every week" pattern. Heck, some of the posts came in the exact same day.
Old May 19th, 2012 (04:49 PM).
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

I doubt that, while studying the order of the posts in the "Roleplay Acceptance" thread, I noticed that the time between each post is pretty erratic, but most of the posts seem to be accepted somewhere within 6 days of each other, but I saw no indication of a "once at the end of every week" pattern. Heck, some of the posts came in the exact same day.
It doesn't feel fair though that I have to wait when I just submit my thread when other threads were accepted & denied 2 minutes before.

~Dia+PS~
Old May 19th, 2012 (04:58 PM).
machomuu
Community Supporter

It doesn't feel fair though that I have to wait when I just submit my thread when other threads were accepted & denied 2 minutes before.
I think it's more an injustice to Skymin than anything else. They posted the list and a few minutes later they have to look over an IC which came in late. They have to take their time out of their day to review an IC for someone who entered it after they posted the list, which they probably only got on to post; I think it's completely fair to you. I mean, seriously, if I were Skymin I'd wait to accept it to given the circumstances.
Old May 19th, 2012 (05:06 PM).
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

I'm just gonna stop commenting here now.

~Dia+PS~
Old May 19th, 2012 (05:17 PM).
WestsideConnection
Bow Down

Nature: Naughty
Now that I don't have to rant, let's talk about something that is, i dunno, RELEVANT!

@DeepImpact: Me and Elite Killer did make an Elder Scrolls RP (which is the series in which Skyrim is a part of) and it is accepting characters, if you know what I mean.

Anyways, a question,

What is your favourite RP? Like, which one did/do you have to most fun being involved with or reading?

Mine, Mine, Mine has to be... The Tournament to Beat All Others. (I think that was what It was called, ask someone else) I enjoyed it because it was fun to play in, interesting, and was my first experience roleplaying with the mighty and awesome SuperVegeta.
Old May 19th, 2012 (05:23 PM).
machomuu
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by WestsideConnection:
Now that I don't have to rant, let's talk about something that is, i dunno, RELEVANT!
This is completely relevant, we're talking about his RP getting accepted by Skymin, the RP mod. It's pretty hard to get more relevant than that.

Sponsored Links