The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 30th, 2012, 03:37 AM
Rokusasu
Scientist Salarian

Nature: Quirky

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PkMnTrainer Yellow View Post

It's actually supposed to be a bad thing if your character happens to share your name, and a self-insertee is automatically bad, even if that's the gimmick of a roleplay?

Suspension of disbelief is completely lost on most of these tests as well. Does anyone really care that much about names? Reeaaally, test writer? I've ironically never seen a dude name his character "Ladymag Fightmaster McAwesome", and if I did I'd probably /love/ that character because chances are that character went straight past bad to hilariously satirical.
Well different writers have different ways of doing things; I for one have never used my own name for a character, but admittedly parts of myself and the people around me do seep into a character no matter how I try to keep them separate (like I don't play girly girls often and prefer RPing as guys because I'm a tomboy myself).

And I guess some people do - there are those out there who will cringe if your character is called, I dunno (and this is only an example of something I've seen) Raine Winters, or something along those kinda lines. Some people will love it. Others will hate it - like everything it's opinion. And you'll probably come across characters with names like that in troll fics. XD If you've ever heard of the Harry Potter fan fiction 'My Immortal' (though if you haven't it's a hilarious read, though rated as mature by fanfiction.net standards; there are also dramatic readings of it on YouTube) the main character is a goth called Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way. Of course, that is fan fiction and not RPing, but if you're using OCs in the former then they're pretty similar.

Old May 30th, 2012, 07:01 AM
Mr. Mammoth
One cool snowman

Nature: Relaxed
Are we practicing the daily "Love Supervegeta Hour"? Can I also love Supervegeta? I'm gonna' love Supervegeta now.

But, to answer your question Ichiro, I was sort of planning on the ability for RPers to catch wild Pokémon as well as Shadow Pokémon. I had originally planned for it to be about both Cipher and Team Snagem trying to conquer Orre. They would of course rival each other in doing so. But now, I'm not really sure anymore...
Old May 30th, 2012, 07:26 AM
Rokusasu
Scientist Salarian

Love? Surely you mean worship? (Yay, bandwagons common sense!)

What's making you unsure? o: Need to bounce a few ideas around?

Old May 30th, 2012, 07:27 AM
|Equinox|
Going on a hiatus :'(

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to |Equinox|
Who doesn't love/worship Supervegeta? -girly fan squeal-

Orre is less common here :3 Most common region has to be Kanto xD Next is Johto. I wonder if we'll have something in Almia/Fiore/Oblivia...

Old May 30th, 2012, 07:49 AM
Danger Zone
All Men Must Die.

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by |Equinox| View Post
Who doesn't love/worship Supervegeta? -girly fan squeal-

Orre is less common here :3 Most common region has to be Kanto xD Next is Johto. I wonder if we'll have something in Almia/Fiore/Oblivia...
Iirc, Fiore was the region in the first Pokemon Ranger, right?

Whatever the name of that region was, it was actually a pretty crap region. IT DOESN'T DESERVE ANY RP!

Well, tbh, I guess those regions are built entirely for rangers only. So I guess most people would only base a RP in those regions if it's a ranger RP?
Old May 30th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Sir Bastian
Lean Mean Roleplaying Machine
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
What in the -world- is going on with the layout of the site? I know this doesn't have anything to do with roleplay or the like, but quite frankly, it's really difficult for me to tell when there's new posts in the different threads :I
Old May 30th, 2012, 08:42 AM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
Don't judge me:
Spoiler:
I dislike Supervegeta.

Anyway, would anyone like to join my RP? Kingdoms At War: The Dark Ages. I really don't want it to die.

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Old May 30th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
Sir Bastian- Somewhere under in the page you can change the lay out back i did too, it's now the shiny beauty of unova again (or however that layout is called)
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old May 30th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Sir Bastian
Lean Mean Roleplaying Machine
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Awh, that helped alot. Thanks a bunch Saph! Good old blue background~
Old May 30th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

No biggie! Well, thats another problem solved
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old May 30th, 2012, 09:34 AM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
PS & Sir Bastian-My background is "Black 2".

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Old May 30th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

SD- i know :3 from the times that you asked me to do some stuff on your account. I was like "huh? He has a different background than me! XD" haha

But you know, i'm not sure if we are allowed to talk about the layouts of pokemon community :3 mostly because this is an roleplay discussion thread, so let's cut it out.
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Old May 30th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Mr. Mammoth
One cool snowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokusasu View Post
Love? Surely you mean worship? (Yay, bandwagons common sense!)

What's making you unsure? o: Need to bounce a few ideas around?
WORSHIP THE SUPERVEGETA!!!!!11ONEONE11!!!!!11!!!!!!!

Well, basically... yeah. I kinda have some ideas going around in my head about how to execute it. Since this (if I will make/release it) will be my first RP which I will GM, I kinda want it to be good. So there's a lot of stuff for me to think about regarding this RP at the moment. It will however inolve Team Snagem and/or Cipher.

Also ShinyDiamond, I'm gonna' judge you with all my judging powers of judgement inside of judgement with judgement and judgejudgejudgejudge now.
Old May 30th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Doctor
& time lord

Nature: Naive
*tip toes in and ignores le bad things and reads through za good things*

I'm not here to reply to stuff, sadly... I just felt some kind of obligation to tell anyone who is in the same RP as me and might be waiting for me to post, that my LAAAAST exam is on Friday but I'll be busy the whole weekend and thus probably won't post until next week. So, um, I hope at least one person from each RP sees this :3 I'm sorry but real life called and wanted their Rika back.

lotsa luv to y'all

*rolls out*

trust me, I'm the Doctor !

Old May 30th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

For me goes the same :3 for everyone who is in the same RP as me, tomorrow will be my last few tests so please be patient and wait for my posts

RHCP- i'll be posting in Acanum tomorrow after school i'll be working on my first post then.
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Old May 30th, 2012, 12:44 PM
machomuu
The Lights in the Sky are Stars
Community Supporter

I have exams starting next Tuesday (not to mention E3, which I can't wait for), but I have to take SATs on Saturday, so I probably won't be as active as I usually am until next Friday.
Old May 30th, 2012, 12:59 PM
SylveonStar
Sylveon

Nature: Lonely
I won't be active much tomorrow, bunch of last day of school events, and then Saturday I won't be on much, with a party and then I'm performing at a local festival :3

On another note, would anyone be interested in a Pokemon Ranger type rp, taking place in either Almia/Fiore/Oblivia, or maybe even possibly spanning across all three regions throughout the rp?
Old May 30th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
*tip toes in and ignores le bad things and reads through za good things*

I'm not here to reply to stuff, sadly... I just felt some kind of obligation to tell anyone who is in the same RP as me and might be waiting for me to post, that my LAAAAST exam is on Friday but I'll be busy the whole weekend and thus probably won't post until next week. So, um, I hope at least one person from each RP sees this :3 I'm sorry but real life called and wanted their Rika back.

lotsa luv to y'all

*rolls out*
I'm in the same boat. I've got 2 assignments due tomorrow and, one due Monday and then one on Friday and like the lazy I am, I have not done a whole lot on any of them. :x

Soooo I'm here but I'm not here. z____z

So after all this is done I promise to grace Atlantis and Pokemon VR and years of lies with fantastic posts and finish my Hyrus SU AND BUY DIABLO!!

And I'll be doing the submissions tomorrow, k?
Old May 30th, 2012, 02:54 PM
WestsideConnection
Bow Down

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skymin View Post
I'm in the same boat. I've got 2 assignments due tomorrow and, one due Monday and then one on Friday and like the lazy I am, I have not done a whole lot on any of them. :x

Soooo I'm here but I'm not here. z____z

So after all this is done I promise to grace Atlantis and Pokemon VR and years of lies with fantastic posts and finish my Hyrus SU AND BUY DIABLO!!

And I'll be doing the submissions tomorrow, k?
Yaa! boats!

Anyways, to all the people I RP with, I won't be around much due to having to write a Thesis, and it's supposed to be original so I can't procrastinate on here for a while. (Along with some burnout from writing so much)
Old May 30th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Rokusasu
Scientist Salarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
I have exams starting next Tuesday (not to mention E3, which I can't wait for), but I have to take SATs on Saturday, so I probably won't be as active as I usually am until next Friday.
Yessss, E3! We're having an E3 celebration at my house so next week we'll be watching it (and I've totally convinced my boyfriend and his friend to watch Disney movies when it's not on - can't believe neither of them have watched Beauty and the Beast or The Little Mermaid).

ButthatisliketheonlythingIhavetodosoI'mjustgonnalurkaroundhere,postalittleandthenplaykingdomsofamalamalurforthenextages*

But yeah, good luck with your exams/ assignments/ thesis everyone! c=

*I know it's 'Amalur' but 'Amalamalur' is faaaar more fun to say; it also references Dartz from YGOTAS. SWEET HOME ABALAMA

Old May 30th, 2012, 04:23 PM
SV
It was justified

It's the last few days for the RPAs, guys! Be sure to get your votes in, and give good reasons as well!

Oh, and I welcome all of the praise that is rightfully given to me, although you should worship me more than love me.

And now, on a serious note...

Spoiler:
I found myself looking through my profile, admiring the sheer badassery that I am, when I decided to do my daily routine of counting my emblems to show how much better I am than everyone else. But then I realized something was amiss. The list displayed that there were only 8 emblems, when the day before, I had 9. I did not panic, but instead decided to count them and see if any were truly missing. As it turns out, one of my two Best Roleplayer Emblems were gone.

There is clearly only one explanation for this: There is an emblem thief lurking around. I know it comes as a shock to everyone that anyone would have the audacity to steal an emblem of mine, especially my Best Roleplayer emblem. Clearly, they have been jealous of my sheer awesomeness and seek to destroy my legacy. I will remain vigilant, and find out who the culprit truly is. And to the thief, I say this:

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money (that's not true, I have a lot of Space Dollars). But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my emblem go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

I will be spending the next hours/days/weeks/months/years interviewing anyone that might have information, or is a possible suspect, as well as forming an elite team to help find the thief and take him down. If you have any information about the whereabouts of said emblem, or would like to join my Elite Team, send me a VM or PM, and I will get back to you.

The Hunt begins...

Paired with the Epic Raikiri
Old May 30th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Sun Casscade
The Sun's Water

Nature: Bold
Friday is my last day, so I'm hoping to start making more of a appearance around these forums. My family doesn't do much of anything together much (which I kinda hate) so I probably will become a pretty common user to see around here. Unless I go see family somewhere else or something, which is likely at some point, but you know, for the most part I'll probably be here. Can someone remind me what a life is again? Do those still exist?

My Open RP: (One Spot Left!)

Digimon: The Video Game Rebellion
Old May 30th, 2012, 04:26 PM
-Grayscale-
I'м α gℓαѕѕ cнιℓ∂...

Nature: Hardy
Spoiler:
I found myself looking through my profile, admiring the sheer badassery that I am, when I decided to do my daily routine of counting my emblems to show how much better I am than everyone else. But then I realized something was amiss. The list displayed that there were only 8 emblems, when the day before, I had 9. I did not panic, but instead decided to count them and see if any were truly missing. As it turns out, one of my two Best Roleplayer Emblems were gone.

There is clearly only one explanation for this: There is an emblem thief lurking around. I know it comes as a shock to everyone that anyone would have the audacity to steal an emblem of mine, especially my Best Roleplayer emblem. Clearly, they have been jealous of my sheer awesomeness and seek to destroy my legacy. I will remain vigilant, and find out who the culprit truly is. And to the thief, I say this:

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money (that's not true, I have a lot of Space Dollars). But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my emblem go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

I will be spending the next hours/days/weeks/months/years interviewing anyone that might have information, or is a possible suspect, as well as forming an elite team to help find the thief and take him down. If you have any information about the whereabouts of said emblem, or would like to join my Elite Team, send me a VM or PM, and I will get back to you.

The Hunt begins...

I actually had a best roleplayer emblem disappear from my older account a while back, too. Why don't they stay?

Also I hope to be coming back into the RPing mood soon. School's out in a week.

Y๏ย ђย๓คภร คrє ๏๒є๔iєภt t๏ ค Ŧคยlt, คrєภ't y๏ย?
}{ deviantArt }{ Old Account }{

Old May 30th, 2012, 05:02 PM
Dusk
Fighting to Renew my Past...

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skymin View Post
I'll be doing the submissions tomorrow, k?
Finally, you take forever Skymin! Git offa yer lezy arse! Just kidding, I know you're busy. Anyways, let me know what you think of Sacred Fire, Divine Water. It'd be great to see how you RP, Skymin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supervegeta View Post
But Goku spent all of the space dollars at Space Denny's, eating about a hundred grand slams, all topped with Berter - I mean butter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Grayscale- View Post
I actually had a best roleplayer emblem disappear from my older account a while back, too. Why don't they stay?

Also I hope to be coming back into the RPing mood soon. School's out in a week.
... You have Hei from Darker Than BLACK as your Avatar and Signature.

You have won for today.

Old May 30th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supervegeta View Post
And now, on a serious note...

Spoiler:

The Hunt begins...
Mmmm, I'm not sure what happened, it's happened before. I'll have to look into it later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 徳清アキオ View Post
Finally, you take forever Skymin! Git offa yer lezy arse! Just kidding, I know you're busy. Anyways, let me know what you think of Sacred Fire, Divine Water. It'd be great to see how you RP, Skymin.
well, the best way to see how I roleplay is to... read atlantis!!!!!!

EDIT: so i had a quick look and it seems a lot of awards have been shifted around?! *shrugg* if you happened to have lost one, just vm or pm me and ill reaward them back to you. ... tomorrow...

Last edited by Skymin; May 30th, 2012 at 07:04 PM.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here