Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 30th, 2012 (07:27 PM).
Dusk
A Glitch in the System

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by Skymin:
well, the best way to see how I roleplay is to... read atlantis!!!!!!

EDIT: so i had a quick look and it seems a lot of awards have been shifted around?! *shrugg* if you happened to have lost one, just vm or pm me and ill reaward them back to you. ... tomorrow...
What I mean is, it'd be wonderful to have you in my RP, if you like it anyways.

Oh, yes, I'm missing the "Never Won An Award" award, if you can put that on my profile, that'd be great.

Also, I think Supervegeta also needs a Badge of Badassery Award. One for every post he makes.

_

Here's a new topic discussion question:

Who's going to be more active in the ever-approaching summer?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 31st, 2012 (04:18 AM).
|Equinox|
Going on a hiatus :'(

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to |Equinox|
Quote:
Here's a new topic discussion question:

Who's going to be more active in the ever-approaching summer?
It's still not summer for me. It starts at mid-July and ends on the first September :3 But I won't be inactive. Despite that I think I'm reaching my limit soon (won't join a large amount of RPs).

Old May 31st, 2012 (05:25 AM).
FinalMaster
dededededededededededede

Nature: Jolly
Summer for me is December through February, and I'd definitely be more active then.
Old May 31st, 2012 (06:34 AM).
Ice.
Ice.

Nature: Hardy
Well, I am here to build interest in the Nations RP discussed over the last few months. Here is what you get to know for now:

Through the Eyes of A Nation (Name WIP, but if you like it comment on it)

Introduction:

Welcome to the year 2012. Think the modern earth, like where you are while you are reading this post. This world functions in the same way that you would imagine modern earth would. But you will do the imagining as in this RP you will be a world leader, taking charge of a country that you create from scratch. Your goal in this RP is to direct your nation to prosperity, and manage your relations with fellow nations. But however, a recent problem has arisen in this world. A criminal organization known as the Theory, have taken control of the criminal society of the world, and the mysterious leader of this organization has a plan to take over the world, no matter who tries to stop them. So, this brings another task for the world leaders. They have to take down the Theory, at all costs.

Features:
  • Original Map!
  • Control your own Nation!
  • Manage world relations through diplomacy or war!
  • Collect resources and grow your Nation's economy!
  • Customize your Military to assess Military power!

So, who's ready for the Roleplaying experience of a lifetime! (not really, but the RP will be really good, when people join it and stuff.
Old May 31st, 2012 (06:47 AM).
|Equinox|

That's pretty interesting, Zephyr! The idea of having an entire nation in your hands indeed sounds intriguing :3 This is no doubt one gonna be one big project, but if it the system manages to work fine then this would almost be guaranteed the best RP for the next quarter (BUT WE WILL FIGHT FOR IT WITH OUR OWN ROLEPLAYS -gets pitchforks-).

Quote:
Features:
Original Map!
Control your own Nation!
Manage world relations through diplomacy or war!
Collect resources and grow your Nation's economy!
Customize your Military to assess Military power!
I love how sandbox-y the entire thing is, and the large amount of freedom. You're the leader of a nation! You don't have to listen to ANYBODY (well, except for other nations maybe). But have you set a good system for the entire roleplay? For example, detailed methods of collecting resources (some might just say 'poof we got 100,000,000!)? Amount, limit and production of Military power (because I'm pretty sure some people would do something like this: 'Actually I've been hiding secrets for a long time and i've got missile bases all over my country! Prepare to be bombed, Theory!')

Yeah...and what about diplomacy possibilities such as global organizations like the United Nations/League of Nations, treaties, pacts, ententes and powers, not to mention things like propaganda? xD The entire idea is great but if people have no limits or a really clear/detailed system things will get outta control.

Though I'm probably not the best person to comment on this because people here are more experienced. I saw some roleplays fail because of the large amount of freedom. People did whatever they liked and yeah...messy. I don't want that to happen to this one Perhaps when more things have been planned out, there would be a more detailed and less vague system for us (: Good luck!

And golly, you're making me wanna join that Roleplay! I might have to...adjust my limits a little.... -throws schedule away-

P.S: Also curious. How are you gonna make the map? Paint? Hexographer (which is probably a better solution)?

Old May 31st, 2012 (07:22 AM). Edited May 31st, 2012 by Rose Quartz.
Rose Quartz
Let's change our fate

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
i have summer from begin july till end august/begin september, i will be active the whole summer.

for everyone who is in the same RolePlay as ShinyDiamond. He can't come on PC for at least a week, his father took his internet away untill he fixed his grades. So... Yeah, he won't be here for awhile
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old May 31st, 2012 (02:05 PM).
Dusk
A Glitch in the System

Nature: Calm
I'm excited for Skymin to go through the pending roleplays, so that mine will be revealed to the public.

Can't wait to open up the world of ancient Johto with others.

_

Just curious, anyone here willing to join my RP when it comes out?

It's essentially semi-sandbox (meaning the plot will continue slowly, leaving each player the opportunity to spend time interacting with others, create their own surprises and form parts of their character's own story. Whenever the plot makes an advancement, it'll probably be announced in the OOC and then posted along with my post in the IC.

The story I have tied in with some ancient lore in Johto, which was never really explained in the canon story; I created an explanation for this lore that will be the basis of the story, and the plot for the characters. Also, being loosely based on Pokemon Conquest (When I say loosely, I mean it only takes the ideas of olden-times and pokemon linking with humans, everything else is my own), it will include a bit of Japanese pokemon-mixed culture (considering Johto is actually a place in Japan), including formal clothing, polite and respectful attitude (which I'm sure some characters will be rude rather than this), and a family-based war between two groups.

You'l be able to know what piece of lore this story revolves around once it's out, where you'll be able to read it.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 31st, 2012 (03:24 PM).
|Equinox|

Quote:
I'm excited for Skymin to go through the pending roleplays, so that mine will be revealed to the public.
You're not the only one brotha! -eager-

oh and sorry to hear that, Sapphire...hope things would be okay for him

Old May 31st, 2012 (03:30 PM).
Ice.
Ice.

Quote originally posted by |Equinox|:
That's pretty interesting, Zephyr! The idea of having an entire nation in your hands indeed sounds intriguing :3 This is no doubt one gonna be one big project, but if it the system manages to work fine then this would almost be guaranteed the best RP for the next quarter (BUT WE WILL FIGHT FOR IT WITH OUR OWN ROLEPLAYS -gets pitchforks-).

I love how sandbox-y the entire thing is, and the large amount of freedom. You're the leader of a nation! You don't have to listen to ANYBODY (well, except for other nations maybe). But have you set a good system for the entire roleplay? For example, detailed methods of collecting resources (some might just say 'poof we got 100,000,000!)? Amount, limit and production of Military power (because I'm pretty sure some people would do something like this: 'Actually I've been hiding secrets for a long time and i've got missile bases all over my country! Prepare to be bombed, Theory!')

Yeah...and what about diplomacy possibilities such as global organizations like the United Nations/League of Nations, treaties, pacts, ententes and powers, not to mention things like propaganda? xD The entire idea is great but if people have no limits or a really clear/detailed system things will get outta control.

Though I'm probably not the best person to comment on this because people here are more experienced. I saw some roleplays fail because of the large amount of freedom. People did whatever they liked and yeah...messy. I don't want that to happen to this one Perhaps when more things have been planned out, there would be a more detailed and less vague system for us (: Good luck!

And golly, you're making me wanna join that Roleplay! I might have to...adjust my limits a little.... -throws schedule away-

P.S: Also curious. How are you gonna make the map? Paint? Hexographer (which is probably a better solution)?
I'm going to use your quotes to answer as many questions as I can.

For different systems controlling economy, military, whatnot

Actually I've been hiding secrets for a long time
But seriously, I have all my systems planned out, just working out kinks.

For Diplomacy:

Well, I couldn't find anything you posted to match an answer, so I'mma explain it. A Diplomacy system is in place so RP'ers can negogitiate treaties, pacts declare war, ententes and what not. At the start, no Global Government Organization is in place but the RP'ers can create one through negogiations. As for propaganda, you control your nation and its inhabitants, so you can create propaganda, and the GM squad will throw Disasters (Manmade or Natural) at various nations, causing the RP'ers to react to them.

Map:

I have already completed the map, and
Hexographer
is what I'm using.
Old May 31st, 2012 (03:34 PM).
|Equinox|

Sounds like you've got everything ready :3 Guess we'll have to find out when you launch the roleplay!

Thanks for answering (:

Old May 31st, 2012 (04:37 PM).
Axeliira
Buoysel is best 🍐

This morning I just hatched a good idea for a future roleplay. It's gonna involve zombies and Pokemon. :D I just need a few days to work on this plot and maybe I'll share a few details with you all? :D
that lights up the dark.
Old May 31st, 2012 (05:40 PM).
machomuu
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by Meganium90:
This morning I just hatched a good idea for a future roleplay. It's gonna involve zombies and Pokemon. :D I just need a few days to work on this plot and maybe I'll share a few details with you all? :D
I'm interested, but my kinemortaphobia (prone to relapse) prevents me from joining...though if it's good enough, I might just join, regardless.
Old May 31st, 2012 (06:02 PM).
-Grayscale-
яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...

I've seen a lot of zombie-pokemon roleplays like these before... I hope you have something out of the ordinary to spice things up. Not that it doesn't sound cool, but I've seen a lot of those zombie RPs fade pretty quickly.

ι ѕнαℓℓ ρяσtє¢t уσυ, му ℓσνє.

Old May 31st, 2012 (06:49 PM).
Axeliira
Buoysel is best 🍐

I did my research. The RPs that I've seen have Pokemon as characters. In this RP I'm going to make, I have plans to include trainers and human zombies. It's...probably going to have an M rating or close to PG-15 since there's a bit of violence involved. Too early to say though. I'll work on it when I have the chance sometime later~
that lights up the dark.
Old May 31st, 2012 (06:59 PM).
Ice.
Ice.

Sounds like you've got everything ready :3 Guess we'll have to find out when you launch the roleplay!

Thanks for answering (:
Expect it to come out in early June, due to that June starts tomorrow, and then it can compete for awards. Not saying "Oh, Imma win one fo' sho'," but I'd like to at least compete. (That's a bad word for it, but what can you do) Everything is pretty much wrapped up, just gonna put the icing on the cake.
Old May 31st, 2012 (08:13 PM).
|Equinox|

I'm pretty sure some other GMs might feel threatened by your confidence XDD

Spoiler:
me

But I'd love to see how it'll turn out (:

Old May 31st, 2012 (09:59 PM).
Frazzevous
Impulsive lil' kitty
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Bashful
I did my research. The RPs that I've seen have Pokemon as characters. In this RP I'm going to make, I have plans to include trainers and human zombies. It's...probably going to have an M rating or close to PG-15 since there's a bit of violence involved. Too early to say though. I'll work on it when I have the chance sometime later~
1). This seems interesting. I may join but not making promises. My summer is nearing its end. -.-

2). Mind if I share an idea? :)
Spoiler:
How 'bout letting the Trainer zombies have the type of the Pokemon closest to them? Just the type, not the attacks because... well... kinda sounds Farfetch'd. (fun pun) Maybe the type disadvantage could help in dealing a considerable amount of damage to them (I'm assuming RPers can play as a Pokemon as well); as for the dual types, they could either keep both, or merely the first one -- it's up to you.

That's about it. :3

Old June 1st, 2012 (03:06 AM).
|Equinox|

Yay my RP's accepted!

Pokemon Reversal - A Crazy Roleplay xD

And that's a good idea up there

Old June 1st, 2012 (04:30 AM).
Scarf Blade
Ok, what did I do now?

Send a message via Skype™ to Scarf Blade
|Equinox| - I'm not going to lie: I've imagined a boxing ring with Pokemon standing behind the Humans as coaches and Humans on all-fours in the Pokemon stadium as I read the initial post :b

For anyone that cares, or is curious, my own RP got passed, too

SBURB Returns

I'm hoping that this one will break more ground than my last/first one did... ages ago... *sad* TT w TT

oh well, can't always make a winner, right?

Murder has never been so adorable. H3H3H3H3H3H3 >:]
Old June 1st, 2012 (04:31 AM).
|Equinox|

Quote:
|Equinox| - I'm not going to lie: I've imagined a boxing ring with Pokemon standing behind the Humans as coaches and Humans on all-fours in the Pokemon stadium as I read the initial post :b

For anyone that cares, or is curious, my own RP got passed, too
Hmm...boxing ring with Pokemon standing behind the Humans as coaches....Humans on all fours...

Sounds about right XD

Old June 1st, 2012 (04:37 AM).
Scarf Blade
Ok, what did I do now?

Send a message via Skype™ to Scarf Blade
Hitmonchan- "You can do it, Jack! You're a fighter-- a killer! I want you to aim high and guard low; we don't need to get dirty with this match. Your opponent's already psyched out and wanting to call it quits, Jack. Use that to your advantage and knock him out! You can do it! What do you say, Jack?"

Jack - "Jack! JAACK!!"

Hitmonchan - "That's my boy!!"

Haha... that little stunt makes me want to try your RP out; even if that's not exactly what happens XD

Murder has never been so adorable. H3H3H3H3H3H3 >:]
Old June 1st, 2012 (04:41 AM).
|Equinox|

Aha! Well it IS going to happen! The plot clearly states that the humans are FORCED to cry out their names when being 'summoned' from the Violet new Human Pokeballs. Your dream would come true XD It's just so Ironic, and funny in a wrong, evil way. It's like we should laugh at their idiotic actions, but then we should be sorry for them as well. That's the magic of the Roleplay xD

Old June 1st, 2012 (06:11 AM).
Axeliira
Buoysel is best 🍐

Quote originally posted by SkittishHeart:
1). This seems interesting. I may join but not making promises. My summer is nearing its end. -.-

2). Mind if I share an idea? :)
Spoiler:
How 'bout letting the Trainer zombies have the type of the Pokemon closest to them? Just the type, not the attacks because... well... kinda sounds Farfetch'd. (fun pun) Maybe the type disadvantage could help in dealing a considerable amount of damage to them (I'm assuming RPers can play as a Pokemon as well); as for the dual types, they could either keep both, or merely the first one -- it's up to you.

That's about it. :3
Hmm, I actually like your idea! I'll keep that in mind and see if I can fit in the plot I'm working on. I really appreciate that! Thanks! :3 Sadly though your summer is ending...but you can always follow if you can. :3
that lights up the dark.
Old June 1st, 2012 (06:20 AM).
Fort PokePower
Muffins forever

Nature: Quirky
Mystland: The Lost Guardian is finally up. Yes, I'm making you hunt down the thread in Roleplay Lounge instead of just linking to it from here because posting links on a 3DS is a pain XD You can post an SU if you want and I'll probably read it today or tomorrow but I'm waiting until I get back from Yellowstone on the 14th to actually accept or deny anyone.
Old June 1st, 2012 (10:22 AM).
Frazzevous
Impulsive lil' kitty
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Bashful
Hmm, I actually like your idea! I'll keep that in mind and see if I can fit in the plot I'm working on. I really appreciate that! Thanks! :3 Sadly though your summer is ending...but you can always follow if you can. :3
Thanks; I was actually worried that I didn't make sense or wasn't able to word it out properly. xD Anyway, glad you liked my idea. Yes, but I'll see what I can do. :)

And within a blink of an eye, loads of RPs appeared. :o Lots of good ones, for that matter. Hope all of them become a success. :3

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links