Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 9th, 2012 (06:38 PM).
Dusk
A Glitch in the System

Nature: Calm
Here's another longshot idea.

What if we had a Borderlands Roleplay?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old June 10th, 2012 (07:16 AM).
Skymin
part time demon hunter

Nature: Quirky
I don't think I announced it but I'm back in full swing, free from assignments with like, 6 weeks holiday.

Yeah. This is gonna be great. Hopefully I'll have more time to 'post' more but i just bought diablo and... well... you know...

And because of my stupid amounts of free time, I might join other roleplays! yay!
Old June 10th, 2012 (12:01 PM).
Mr. Mammoth
One cool snowman

Nature: Relaxed
Okay, so some of you might remember that I was talking about a Journey/Mission RP set in the Orre region. Well, I think that I've decided to go on the "Team Snagem .vs. Cipher"-path. The plot would basically be "Conquer Orre before the other team!".

Since it would begin with both teams trying to get back up on their feet, the players would have to collect resources and various other shenanigans. They will recieve missions, and that's where I thought of doing something... Different? Honestly, I don't know if it's different at all, but I thought of making one of the players a captain of their respective team. Then, the captain would recieve orders, "missions", from me. Kinda like an RP that was made by darkpokeball some time back. However, I would give the missions to the captains via PMs. Because it revolves around beating the other team to taking controlling of Orre, the other team can't exactly find out what you're up to, right?

What do you think of that idea, humble people of the RP Corner?
Old June 10th, 2012 (04:22 PM).
Ice.
Ice.

Nature: Hardy
Quote originally posted by Underground_Zephyr:
I am delighted to announce that Through the Eyes of a Nation is open and accepting sign-ups.

OOC Thread here
Spots are still open for the Nations RP.Follow the link to the OOC thread, where you can sign up.
Old June 10th, 2012 (07:47 PM).
Carbonite
Beginning Trainer

Quote originally posted by Mr. Mammoth:
Okay, so some of you might remember that I was talking about a Journey/Mission RP set in the Orre region. Well, I think that I've decided to go on the "Team Snagem .vs. Cipher"-path. The plot would basically be "Conquer Orre before the other team!".

Since it would begin with both teams trying to get back up on their feet, the players would have to collect resources and various other shenanigans. They will recieve missions, and that's where I thought of doing something... Different? Honestly, I don't know if it's different at all, but I thought of making one of the players a captain of their respective team. Then, the captain would recieve orders, "missions", from me. Kinda like an RP that was made by darkpokeball some time back. However, I would give the missions to the captains via PMs. Because it revolves around beating the other team to taking controlling of Orre, the other team can't exactly find out what you're up to, right?

What do you think of that idea, humble people of the RP Corner?
Well, i guess I'm a little new to be called "a person of the RP Corner" but regardless, I like the idea. I have no idea about the Orre Region, but I like the concept of faction vs. faction. Just my two cents.

Also, hello peoples, I am Carbonite, and I'm new here and I want to start roleplaying.

Also, a question, is there a certain amount of posts you need before you can make your own RP? Just asking, I couldn't find anything in the rules section but I'm wondering if there is a policy, or at least an unwritten code.
Old June 11th, 2012 (04:38 AM). Edited June 11th, 2012 by Dusk.
Dusk
A Glitch in the System

Quote originally posted by Skymin:
And because of my stupid amounts of free time, I might join other roleplays! yay!
Sacred Fire, Divine Water!!

Yay!!

*ahem* You should totally join my Roleplay, Skymin.

_____

Speaking of which, there are spots available!

4 Spots for Sacred Fire,
3 Spots for Divine Water.

Reserves are nothing now, sign-ups are first-come, first-serve. Get a spot while there's space!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old June 11th, 2012 (05:52 AM). Edited June 11th, 2012 by {Swan}.
{Swan}
I Never Asked For This.

Nature: Naive
Ever the advocate of journey roleplays I'm preparing my comeback to the roleplay forum with a whole new region to explore. It's the first time I've created a region from scratch to bring to life and I hope I'll be successful.

I'm quite busy mapping out my region but I can tell you it'll be based up Greece/Rome and its rich culture in Pokémon form! Being a classics nut this was the obvious thing for me to do haha. I'm really trying to bring about a mixture of old and new cultures and a bit of conflict that arises when they meet.

So yeah, I figured I'd announce my intentions here so I might get some feedback. Is a roleplay as such wanted at the moment? Is the idea of an old European continent welcome? Please tell me what you think!

Find me on:

Storenvy :: DeviantART :: Tumblr :: Twitter
Old June 11th, 2012 (06:59 AM).
SylveonStar
Sylveon

Nature: Lonely
I think it will be popular. I just created my own region and spots filled up within two days. and I agree mapping my region took several hours.
Old June 11th, 2012 (07:09 AM).
romdinner
Gazing at the sky...

Nature: Brave
Quote originally posted by {Swan}:
Ever the advocate of journey roleplays I'm preparing my comeback to the roleplay forum with a whole new region to explore. It's the first time I've created a region from scratch to bring to life and I hope I'll be successful.

I'm quite busy mapping out my region but I can tell you it'll be based up Greece/Rome and its rich culture in Pokémon form! Being a classics nut this was the obvious thing for me to do haha. I'm really trying to bring about a mixture of old and new cultures and a bit of conflict that arises when they meet.

So yeah, I figured I'd announce my intentions here so I might get some feedback. Is a roleplay as such wanted at the moment? Is the idea of an old European continent welcome? Please tell me what you think!
The idea is good. The thing that will decide the outcome of your RP is the plot, but from what i know you, you'll have no problem with storming an outstanding roleplay.

PS: PM me when it's done! I may join.

Roleplays I'm in:
The Hidden Mythology: A Sinnoh Tale

“ I seldom end up where I wanted to go, but almost always end up where I need to be. "

Old June 11th, 2012 (08:08 AM).
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Mmm, I too, am making a journey RP based off my own created region. :3

I was thinking sort of a ancient Indian-esque sort of region, where people believed in goddesses and spirits, etc. Where they are also divided into tribes. Mmm, I'm still working on the main plot and the mechanics, but yeah.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old June 11th, 2012 (01:34 PM).
Mr. Mammoth
One cool snowman

Nature: Relaxed
OH GOD. The Journey-RPs, they are coming!!! Luckily, it's summer, so...
Old June 11th, 2012 (02:38 PM).
{Swan}
I Never Asked For This.

Quote originally posted by Miss Doronjo:
Mmm, I too, am making a journey RP based off my own created region. :3

I was thinking sort of a ancient Indian-esque sort of region, where people believed in goddesses and spirits, etc. Where they are also divided into tribes. Mmm, I'm still working on the main plot and the mechanics, but yeah.
Oh are you now? I'll look forward to seeing it, you mean the American brand of Indians right? (Columbus did make things confusing for us haha) Either way would be incredibly interesting, I'd like to hear more C:

Quote originally posted by romdinner:

The idea is good. The thing that will decide the outcome of your RP is the plot, but from what i know you, you'll have no problem with storming an outstanding roleplay.

PS: PM me when it's done! I may join.
Oh I will! I really liked you in a Fresh Start so I hope you'll join me again. I'm still sad that one fell apart, which was also my own fault, I got caught up with how much work creating a comic is. That's done now though and I've got my time back!

As for plots, I've never seen myself as very good at creating plots, settings are usually my medium, but we'll see.

Find me on:

Old June 11th, 2012 (03:09 PM).
WestsideConnection
Bow Down

Nature: Naughty
Darn it, you guys beat me to it. I was going to make a Journey RP, hadn't decided if it was a existing region or a custom one, but I'll join one of yours instead, although I'll keep the Journey idea in my brain, just in case.

@ Mr.Mammoth: Yes, yes they are.
Old June 11th, 2012 (03:33 PM).
Royal
Artist and Writer

I actually submitted a new roleplay that's a Journey RP. Brand new region and everything - still graphing it out, but it's called the Hibernia region. Only four spots will be available, but sadly I don't want to give the plot out, or what you'll be able to see in the RP, too far ahead.

Currently working on a hack. More information will be released when available.

Note: My apologies, but I am not available to work on any hacks other than the ones I'm currently working on.
Old June 11th, 2012 (04:51 PM).
PkMnTrainer Yellow
Pokemon Professor / RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
I'm in so many roleplays it's not even funny. X3 It's a shame, as I'd probably love to join a new one or two, perhaps one of these fabled journies.
Old June 11th, 2012 (05:00 PM).
Axeliira
Buoysel is best 🍐

I think three roleplays is enough for me right now. I am doing enough activities/stuff here at PC and that includes modding my section. xD I'm trying to control my "addiction" by not joining another. xD

But all these ideas in this thread... *drool*
what if you were me, & what if I were you?
Old June 11th, 2012 (06:05 PM).
Dusk
A Glitch in the System

Click this button NAO!!

5 Spots for Sacred Fire,
3 Spots for Divine Water.

If you let me know (click the button to go to the OOC) that you're working on a sign-up, you'll get a *temporary* reserve. This means you have a few days to work on a sign-up before your spot is open for another. I do this because, well, there were lots of players in my past RPs that, well, never posted. Or people that reserve sign-ups and then never respond.

Old June 11th, 2012 (07:47 PM).
WestsideConnection
Bow Down

Well, I have decided to begin making a Journey RP, it will still take a while but I'm committed. It is in a custom region, which I have drawn up, just need to label and whatnot. I have an idea for the plot, It is just a secret to the public. The plot seems like your typical Journey plot, but I will add some twists into the story to make it interesting. The question is, is anyone interested in a Journey RP?
Old June 11th, 2012 (07:53 PM).
NightOfRemorse
my anxieties have anxieties

Nature: Lonely
Quote originally posted by Carbonite:

Well, i guess I'm a little new to be called "a person of the RP Corner" but regardless, I like the idea. I have no idea about the Orre Region, but I like the concept of faction vs. faction. Just my two cents.

Also, hello peoples, I am Carbonite, and I'm new here and I want to start roleplaying.

Also, a question, is there a certain amount of posts you need before you can make your own RP? Just asking, I couldn't find anything in the rules section but I'm wondering if there is a policy, or at least an unwritten code.
Hello there! Welcome to PC and the roleplay corner! Generally, if you're new to roleplaying, it'd be a good idea to join other RPs to get the hang of it before making your own. I do know that many people who join here have roleplayed in other places beforehand, so if you think you have a good RP idea up your sleeve that you'd like to put into play, and you can manage it, then yes, you can make one! No policy that I know of. Whatever you decide to do, I hope you have a great time here!

*cough* Also, whoever's reading this and wants to join another RP should really join Sacred Fire, Divine Water*cough*
I stay away
Old June 11th, 2012 (08:00 PM).
Dusk
A Glitch in the System

Quote originally posted by NightOfRemorse:
*cough* Also, whoever's reading this and wants to join another RP should really join Sacred Fire, Divine Water*cough*
Yes, you should definitely join, because I made this Roleplay so the story is automatically good by default!

Just kidding. Could you imagine?

Honestly, I am somewhat proud of myself for this RP. Which is saying something, coming from someone with literally no self-esteem whatsoever.

There will be sign-ups even when the RP starts, in case people are still interested.

Old June 11th, 2012 (09:25 PM). Edited June 12th, 2012 by curiousnathan.
curiousnathan
goodbye to the future

Nature: Mild
I'm currently looking for an interesting roleplay that I can stick into over this 5 week Winter break. I like the sound of all these Journey RP's, gotta makesure I'm quick enough to snag a spot though!

edit: I meant, can, CAN I TELL YOU!
Old June 12th, 2012 (04:25 AM).
Rokusasu
Scientist Salarian

Same for me most likely; with one of my roleplays having almost hit the 1-month-since-someone-posted-it-therefore-it-goes-bye-bye mark I've got room for another. The others are being rather slow at the moment, but I guess that's to be expected with people preparing for summer/winter break. Gotta keep writing before I start my 'special project'~

Ah, the joys of finishing in mid-May and not going back until late September~

Old June 12th, 2012 (10:59 PM).
Rose Quartz
Let's change our fate

Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
Anyone intressed in an RP with pokemon linked to you? :D then you totally need to check out Sacred Fire, Devine Water! Too bad all the prince and princessed spots are filled, but you still can choose an awesome pokemon as link like charizard, Blaziken, Sumerott, Typlosion, Fereligator etc. :D there are only 5 spots left for sacred fire and 3 left for devine water.

(Thought i should advertize this RP :3)
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old June 13th, 2012 (05:20 AM).
Rokusasu
Scientist Salarian

So last night I had a dream and what do you know, it was about Pokémon and kinda warped enough to be a somewhat interesting role play. The thing is, I don't want to turn it into a journey-based RP because the types of characters involved wouldn't necessarily be questing to earn badges and win the Pokémon League/ challenge the E4, not to mention from the sounds of it there'll be quite a few journeys soon. Much brainstorming is needed, but I'm hoping to make it rather dark. =3=

Old June 13th, 2012 (06:02 AM).
{Swan}
I Never Asked For This.

Quote originally posted by Rokusasu:
So last night I had a dream and what do you know, it was about Pokémon and kinda warped enough to be a somewhat interesting role play. The thing is, I don't want to turn it into a journey-based RP because the types of characters involved wouldn't necessarily be questing to earn badges and win the Pokémon League/ challenge the E4, not to mention from the sounds of it there'll be quite a few journeys soon. Much brainstorming is needed, but I'm hoping to make it rather dark. =3=
Could you tell us more about it?

Find me on:

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links