The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 13th, 2012, 06:09 AM
SylveonStar
Sylveon

Nature: Lonely

Advertise here
All of the Spots in my Journey rp are full. It seems when you create your own region the spots fill up quick. But it seems like Journey Rp's are going to be making a comeback this summer
Old June 13th, 2012, 08:12 AM
Rokusasu
Scientist Salarian

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by {Swan} View Post
Could you tell us more about it?
Sure. Bear in mind that this is completely at the beginning of the development stage and I haven't put much thought to it (though probably will as I go along).

Basically the players who are involved are all trainers who, prior to the role play's beginning, were competing in the Hoenn Pokémon League Tournament. These trainers could be from whatever region they wanted to and have as much experience as they liked (by this they could have participated in tournaments before or have come straight from defeating all eight of the Hoenn gym leaders), and have a decent array of Pokémon.

This RP would take place a few years after Gen 3, where Team Magma/Aqua have disbanded and Hoenn is no longer troubled by enemy teams - or so they think. The characters will start the role play having been attacked by a group called the Deevo Syndicate at the League. Somehow they infiltrated the league and made it so that all stage 2 and above Pokémon have returned to their stage 1 forms (I do have reasons behind this and ways they could have done it but I don't want to give those away). Not only this, but snag technology recovered from the Orre region has enabled them to capture most of the trainers' Pokémon, though the protagonists will start with one of their original team when the story begins (and I may come up with a way for them to have not been affected by the de-evolution process, depends how plausible I can make it).

The gist of the role play would be to thwart the Deevo Syndicate and have the trainers reclaim their stolen Pokémon, but there would be other opportunities for them to capture new Pokémon if they so wish. Like I mentioned before, I want to make it fairly dark and different from a journey RP so I might give players a chance to join the Deevos at some point along the way.

Any thoughts, critiques or suggestions are most welcome. Hopefully this garners a decent level of interest for me to get it down fully and maybe even submitted. c=

Old June 13th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Dusk
Fighting to Renew my Past...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkSapphire View Post
Anyone intressed in an RP with pokemon linked to you? :D then you totally need to check out Sacred Fire, Devine Water! Too bad all the prince and princessed spots are filled, but you still can choose an awesome pokemon as link like charizard, Blaziken, Sumerott, Typlosion, Fereligator etc. :D there are only 5 spots left for sacred fire and 3 left for devine water.

(Thought i should advertize this RP :3)
Wow... My heart is lit aflame when members of my Roleplay deem it good enough to advertise on their own...

*tear* :')

Aaaaanyways, the bad news.

My laptop has gone straight to failure, meaning I will probably be offline for an undetermined amount of time, until said laptop is repaired. I do not wish to leave my roleplays, as I've become very attached to them. So Quto may bunny Kiba and friends on Earth and Sky, if needed; I only hope they don't go far without me. PkMnTrainer Yellow may bunny Amethyst on her RP Fallout. I also hope that this RP doesn't go far while I'm gone.

As for Sacred Fire, Divine Water, don't worry. I do plan to be back as soon as I can. You may leave your sign-ups in the OOC thread, and I'll deal with them all as soon as I return.

I am very saddened by my loss of internet, and I will do everything in my power to return to it, along with PC.

Be back soon,

Tokushi Akio

Old June 13th, 2012, 04:51 PM
curiousnathan
woop woop

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokusasu View Post
Sure. Bear in mind that this is completely at the beginning of the development stage and I haven't put much thought to it (though probably will as I go along).

Basically the players who are involved are all trainers who, prior to the role play's beginning, were competing in the Hoenn Pokémon League Tournament. These trainers could be from whatever region they wanted to and have as much experience as they liked (by this they could have participated in tournaments before or have come straight from defeating all eight of the Hoenn gym leaders), and have a decent array of Pokémon.

This RP would take place a few years after Gen 3, where Team Magma/Aqua have disbanded and Hoenn is no longer troubled by enemy teams - or so they think. The characters will start the role play having been attacked by a group called the Deevo Syndicate at the League. Somehow they infiltrated the league and made it so that all stage 2 and above Pokémon have returned to their stage 1 forms (I do have reasons behind this and ways they could have done it but I don't want to give those away). Not only this, but snag technology recovered from the Orre region has enabled them to capture most of the trainers' Pokémon, though the protagonists will start with one of their original team when the story begins (and I may come up with a way for them to have not been affected by the de-evolution process, depends how plausible I can make it).

The gist of the role play would be to thwart the Deevo Syndicate and have the trainers reclaim their stolen Pokémon, but there would be other opportunities for them to capture new Pokémon if they so wish. Like I mentioned before, I want to make it fairly dark and different from a journey RP so I might give players a chance to join the Deevos at some point along the way.

Any thoughts, critiques or suggestions are most welcome. Hopefully this garners a decent level of interest for me to get it down fully and maybe even submitted. c=
Wow. I've been planning a character to use in a roleplay and him having mostly Hoenn pokemon and a few Kanto companions too, he'd be perfect in this roleplay. I especially like the idea of allowing trainers to have some experience and the ability to choose where they are at the point of the Hoenn League. Can't wait to see it released, definitely going to get involved!
Old June 14th, 2012, 04:18 AM
Rokusasu
Scientist Salarian

Thanks. c: I'm also considering adding the option for characters to be gym leaders just to mix things up a bit and have different perspectives regarding the chaos. I'm going to do some research today and hopefully get something with more structure put together.

Old June 14th, 2012, 02:51 PM
Fort PokePower
Muffins forever

WellI'm back so I better get some people joining Mystland: The Lost Guardian :3
Old June 14th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Arctos
Fire and Blood

Nature: Relaxed
Hi all,

Have been posting in the Pokemon Trainer Academy Roleplay for a couple of weeks now and have suddenly found myself with a lot more free time. Just wondering if anyone had any RP's they are starting in need of people or ongoing RP's they would recommend? Reading through the last few pages it looks like its going to be a good summer for Roleplaying on this board!
Old June 14th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Fort PokePower
Muffins forever

I need some members for my RP Mystland: The Last Guardian. I just posted the link above your post XD
Old June 15th, 2012, 06:48 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Well, I hope you guys enjoy this: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...60#post7213060

It's the new journey RP I made. :3

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old June 15th, 2012, 07:08 AM
|Equinox|
Going on a hiatus :'(

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to |Equinox|
hello roleplay world, just wanted to tell you guys that we got a new troll here xd

Please leave the thread. Thankies~

Old June 15th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
Dude... You joined PC today, you're telling me stuff that isn't true at all, and then you start scolding my friends because i asked them if it was true what you told me? Okay, i dont care you scold at me, but i get very mad and devilish when you scold my friends, you better leave everyone here alone with your "talk", i'm not tolorating this stuff, and i'm sure skymin won't either.

Everyone, please ignore him, he's a troll and thinks he's cool -.- if he sends you a PM ignore it, please. I'm sorry everyone~ i'm causing a lil trouble here... So i'll explain.

This dude PMed me telling me that equinox said stuff about me, so i asked equinox on Facebook if it was true, and thats why this dude is mad sorry~
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old June 15th, 2012, 07:29 AM
Otherworld9)
Bard of Rage

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Otherworld9) Send a message via Skype™ to Otherworld9)
Been a while since I've been here[like months...]...and I come across this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective holmes View Post
hey man, stop repeating me, how old ar yo? 5? lmao, PinkSapphire is a b!tch, more than anyone, i dont know her at all, but she tells everyone everything, you cant trust her and you can trust equinox either, he tells you stuff, and tells the girl he said nothing and to not believe me, he's a stupid dude, like that sapphire girl, i bet her real name is betty, like a cow
Dude, you can just chill out and find somewhere else to stomp around off. YOU just said you don't know her, so how can you make false accusations? You act as if you were younger, and I know the two pretty well, and obviously you're the false culprit. Spit out anything you want to say, as if you knew who you were talking about.

Anyway, I like your RP, Miss Doronjo. I wouldn't mind joining it. I do really enjoy it greatly.
Old June 15th, 2012, 07:46 AM
~HufflePuffle~
Fly~

I was lying weirdo, her name isn't Sarah

Click 'n' Hover~
Pair~

RolePlays~

My Profile~

Theme~
Old June 15th, 2012, 07:55 AM
SylveonStar
Sylveon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective holmes View Post
LOOOLLLL did equinox and that b!itch send you?! hahahahahahah!!! you guys are all like 5 years olds! standing behind those two! hahahahahah!

idiots.

trolling back is no option equinox, i troll back, oh and Pinky$lut? when your getting mad? you sound so calm in that message! ahahahah TOO calm for someone who being told a $lut by equinoc and a drama queen! hahahha! wierdo b!tch, oh and yo real name is Sarah i heard? wow, stupid name, i would commit suicude if i had that name
Maybe if people just stop answering you from now on, you'll get that no one cares what you say about people that isn't true.

So I'm asking nicely leave my friends alone.
Old June 15th, 2012, 08:13 AM
~HufflePuffle~
Fly~

You'r telling us. Have u every thought that maybe ur the idiot. That ur gonna die of stupidity. Ur spamming the thread, acting like a 2 year old, and swearing. You'r just trying 2 b cool. JUST SHUT UP AND LEAVE SAPPHY ALONE! D:<

Click 'n' Hover~
Pair~

RolePlays~

My Profile~

Theme~
Old June 15th, 2012, 08:13 AM
SylveonStar
Sylveon

I asked nicely. If you keep doing this all it's gonna get is your posts reported. She's my sister here on PC and if I have to report your posts I will
Old June 15th, 2012, 08:40 AM
romdinner
Gazing at the sky...

Everyone stop replying to his posts as you can see he really has no sense of speaking and manners. He thinks he’s all mighty and powerful behind his monitor screen, just ignore him until a mod sees this and he get’s banned or something like that. I’m really sorry PinkSapphire that you have been dragged into this, as you can see sometimes people amaze us with their stupidity.

Roleplays I'm in:
The Hidden Mythology: A Sinnoh Tale

“ I seldom end up where I wanted to go, but almost always end up where I need to be. "

Old June 15th, 2012, 08:43 AM
mystletainn
Master of the Elements
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Next time just report the troll and don't respond. You only make it worse by antagonizing them.
Old June 15th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Denny Hamlin
The S o u l Survivor

Hi guys. Imma change the subject now, okay xD LET'S PRETEND NOTHING HAPPENED. :)

So, RPers (sorry if this was already asked but whatever I'm bringing it back lol) do you prefer slow-paced RPs or fast-paced RPs? Why?
Old June 15th, 2012, 09:05 AM
SylveonStar
Sylveon

do you prefer slow-paced RPs or fast-paced RPs? Why?

I don't really have a preference. If I am to busy (during school) then a slow-paced RP is what I really want to be in. But if I'm not busy (summer break) then I like Fast-Paced Rp's
Old June 15th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Scarf Blade
Ok, what did I do now?

Send a message via Skype™ to Scarf Blade
Oh wow, looks like I missed a real firestorm... kinda glad now that I had to go take a college placement test this morning. After the long, harsh road my schooling put me on it finally cut me a break XD ... in any case my sympathy goes out to the damaged parties even if they've already healed and moved on.

To answer your question, Meganium, I don't really have a preference. I like it when RP beginnings are fast or throw you into the middle of some action right away because lengthy setups bore me if nothing is really happening and it gets you into your own flow of muse. On the other hand, after the beginning I like things to slow down a little. Getting the beginning over with is fine in my book, but when the GM or the other RP'ers kick everything into high gear when there's still more to a particular plot point it can get annoying if that becomes the norm of the RP.

Right now though, I just hope there will be interesting stuff to RP this weekend... that and maybe some people get the interest to join my own RP; I seem to have very bad luck when I make my own RP for people to join TT w TT

Murder has never been so adorable. H3H3H3H3H3H3 >:]
Old June 15th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Fort PokePower
Muffins forever

Still need people to join Mystland: The Lost Guardian! Come on! Don't let all my hard work go to waste! o3o
Old June 15th, 2012, 05:54 PM
curiousnathan
woop woop

Nature: Careful
FFFUUUUU, argh, this always happens. :< Whenever I'm sleeping all the great RP's get passed and as soon as I wake up nearly all spots are taken if not all of them are taken. FFUU ;;

Just came here to vent. XD; just restating my interest in any journey RP's there may be out there also!
Old June 15th, 2012, 06:23 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Lol I miss all the fun whilst I'm sleeping. But yes guys, please do remember to report any issues and never feed the fire. Don't know how to report? Just click the little red triangle in the bar above the conflicting post.

Hm... Slow pace is easier to handle but fast paced is more fun... I DON'T EVEN KNOW!!
Old June 16th, 2012, 12:41 PM
{Swan}
I Never Asked For This.

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious. View Post
FFFUUUUU, argh, this always happens. :< Whenever I'm sleeping all the great RP's get passed and as soon as I wake up nearly all spots are taken if not all of them are taken. FFUU ;;

Just came here to vent. XD; just restating my interest in any journey RP's there may be out there also!
I can completely relate, for days I'm impatiently awaiting the accepting of my roleplays (patients is not a virtue I can call my own) and the moment I'm happing a game-marathon with my friends is when it happens xD

Find me on:

Storenvy :: DeviantART :: Tumblr :: Twitter
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here