The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 15th, 2012 (05:42 PM).
Adventure

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
When looking for an RP, which age rating do you tend to prefer an RP to be?
Usually T. Let's you do most things. Lower rating (like K+) might hinder you and higher rating (M) might make the RP take on a darker tone, which usually isn't really in my taste.

Also... *new page dance*

to think you were once a stranger
and every day with you an adventure

Old July 15th, 2012 (06:32 PM).
Vato
This Is Our Last Goodbye

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
I would say T, it's not too childish, and yet not so dark

And now that I'm here, how about some advertising? (You can never have too much of it!)

Spoiler:
TIME & SPACE!

Say, what's better than a Role Play, a noob Game Master and Minccino?
A Role-Play with a noobie Game Master and Minccino!!!

Imagine a world where everything you knew is gone (and yes, that includes cookies), is there something to fight for any longer? Maybe, or maybe not...

But with Team Plasma constantly taking Pokemon away from those who survived..., well, guess now you do have something to fight for!

So join! Or else you'll suffer the wrath of these Magikarp with Hyper Beam!

FC [B2]: 0992 1015 0443
VM/PM me whenever you feel like trading/kicking my butt on a battle
Old July 15th, 2012 (07:34 PM).
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkSapphire View Post
*trows cookies at everyone!* :D really SD? then i hope akio-kun's IC thread gets accepted soon :3 i cant wait to start X3
*eats cookies* :3 Nom-nom nom-nom~

Quote:
T of course. I don't mind any other rating, even M, just as long as I can do some stuff that I please. T, totally for teens in my opinion!

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Old July 15th, 2012 (08:34 PM).
Vintage Arachnid
Fight 'til you win.
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Vintage Arachnid

I hope this doesn't sound bad but I don't even look at the rating. I kind of forget it's there but I keep all my RP post child friendly unless I know it's a really dark RP.

THE EXTREMELY LONELY PAIR OF CAREFULWETPAINT
Old July 15th, 2012 (10:58 PM).
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
M. I love da mature roleplays. Not necessarily 'dark', just potentially bloody and out there. Not that they're the only ones I join but it's preferred. I know how to dial it back for T though. <:
Old July 16th, 2012 (01:38 AM).
Danger Zone
All Men Must Die.

Nature: Calm
I miss the times when we actually used this thread for discussion and not only for advertising. /sob

Well usually I look at T or M RPs, because I feel that RPs rated below that just don't fit me, since I make characters that are usually violent or curse quite a lot. Yeah. And I like Dark roleplays a bit more over regular ones, so yeah lol.
Old July 16th, 2012 (01:46 AM).
Adventure

Nature: Naive
I just made a RP which I set to M, and that's worrying me a little xD But I think I'll keep it this way and we'll see if the RP turns grim or can keep a lighthearted air about it. Though, considering the story and nature of it all... M will probably fit xD

It's the first M rated RP I've ever made. I think K+ is a perfectly playable rating, at least when it's about a RP where violence or romance isn't the main thing - like pokémon for example. Yeah, "pokémon fight!" you might say. But look at the anime. That's hardly violence. Pokémon is RPable with a K+ rating :3 unless you want to take away the cartooney feeling to it and make it more serious, of course. Which people often want.

to think you were once a stranger
and every day with you an adventure

Old July 16th, 2012 (05:19 AM).
silverexorcist
Individualism in Normalcy!

Nature: Adamant
I rarely put much stock behind the rating. If the story looks interesting and I decide to join it, the rating won't deter me, nor will it convince me. When actually rping, I sort of keep it my, ah, 'descriptiveness' at the same level as what everyone else posts, so I don''t mind the more maturely violent rp's or the less darker ones. I prefer darker, though, cause it gives me more of a free reign to express myself. *heinous grin*
Old July 16th, 2012 (05:51 AM).
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

Nature: Sassy
I usually go for whatever looks like the coolest rp, or one I've already heard a little bit about (checkmate and Divine water/Sacred fire)

But rating does matter for me. At least, joining something K+ wouldn't be as fun as T. T and M are about the same level of funness (is that a thing?)

Mr. Aladdin sir! Have a wish or two or three!
Old July 16th, 2012 (03:29 PM).
Dusk
Fighting to Renew my Past...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skymin View Post
M. I love da mature roleplays. Not necessarily 'dark', just potentially bloody and out there. Not that they're the only ones I join but it's preferred. I know how to dial it back for T though. <:
YES. THIS.

Everything you just said is perfect. VIOLENCE AND SWEARING IS EPIC.

But, in all seriousness, it definitely makes some RPs more "artistic", as even swearing can add to the dramatic effect of one's speech. The darker stories are usually funner or more interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -DeepImpact- View Post
I miss the times when we actually used this thread for discussion and not only for advertising. /sob

Well usually I look at T or M RPs, because I feel that RPs rated below that just don't fit me, since I make characters that are usually violent or curse quite a lot. Yeah. And I like Dark roleplays a bit more over regular ones, so yeah lol.

Old July 16th, 2012 (04:22 PM).
NV
Dracon Leader

Location: In my own little world, taking potshots at your little world.
Okay guys, my role plays been out for a week and no one has joined
I've linked to it in my sig, redesigned it for easier reading, and advertised it here repeatedly, what exactly am I doing wrong?

PM me for info about this project.

Old July 16th, 2012 (04:29 PM).
machomuu
Master Spark is Comin' to Town
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by NV View Post
I've linked to it in my sig, redesigned it for easier reading, and advertised it here repeatedly, what exactly am I doing wrong?
That might be because people may be mistaking it with a certain popular webcomic. Though, in all fairness, your OP has a nice setup, I'm surprised no one's joined yet.
Old July 16th, 2012 (04:36 PM).
NV
Dracon Leader

Location: In my own little world, taking potshots at your little world.
Quote:
That might be because people may be mistaking it with a certain popular webcomic. Though, in all fairness, your OP has a nice setup, I'm surprised no one's joined yet.
I surpised that everyone that says "I'm surprised no one's joined yet" hasn't joined themselves.

PM me for info about this project.

Old July 16th, 2012 (04:47 PM).
Fuyu
Battle!

Keep in mind NV that there are a lot of RPs out right now and people may not want to risk overworking themselves. Give it time or if that doesn't work, count your losses and release it in a quieter season when things have died. It doesn't mean your RP isn't interesting, it means you got caught in the whirlpool that comes from fifty million popular RPs coming up at the same time.

Old July 16th, 2012 (04:53 PM).
Vato
This Is Our Last Goodbye

Quote:
Your RP has a great setting, I'm actually trying to do a SU, but for some reason I can't seem to flesh out a convincing character.

And I'm also surprised with my Fic, although it's only been out for five days or so, but still...

FC [B2]: 0992 1015 0443
VM/PM me whenever you feel like trading/kicking my butt on a battle
Old July 16th, 2012 (05:40 PM).
machomuu
Master Spark is Comin' to Town
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
I surpised that everyone that says "I'm surprised no one's joined yet" hasn't joined themselves.
I'm in 3 RPs right now (and one suspended one), I'm not willing to overstep that bound just yet.
Old July 17th, 2012 (06:49 AM).
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

Hey guys and gals, as you may have noticed, Sacred Fire/Divine Water has recently gone IC. But we are still accepting players! The bros of Divine Water are outnumbered by the girls of Sacrd Fire, so join us and support Lugia!

(Sacred Fire still has a spot open too, if you want to join them.)

This is a message from the Support Divine Water Committee but the Sacred Fire is awesome Committee would also agree with this post.

[/advertisement]

Old July 17th, 2012 (08:26 AM).
Dusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Col. Fantastic View Post
Hey guys and gals, as you may have noticed, Sacred Fire/Divine Water has recently gone IC. But we are still accepting players! The bros of Divine Water are outnumbered by the girls of Sacrd Fire, so join us and support Lugia!

(Sacred Fire still has a spot open too, if you want to join them.)

This is a message from the Support Divine Water Committee but the Sacred Fire is awesome Committee would also agree with this post.

[/advertisement]
You know what I just realized? As the creator, I shouldn't take one side over the other. Maybe I'll make a Sacred Fire Member too :D

Old July 17th, 2012 (08:30 AM).
Magic
Guardian of the Great Rift

I've currently got an idea for a Magic-based, fantasy roleplay. It will probably be for a small group, in the range of 6 people, but if anyone is interested or would like to know more feel free to let me know by VM/PM so I can gauge what kind of audience it might receive.

Bearing in mine it won't be around for a while, as I'd like my Danger on the S.S. Anne RP to get nice and comfortable in it's IC thread.
Old July 17th, 2012 (08:40 AM).
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 徳清アキオ View Post
You know what I just realized? As the creator, I shouldn't take one side over the other. Maybe I'll make a Sacred Fire Member too :D

Well, that would mean Sacred Fire has no open spots left. Sorry folks, looks like you'll have to join Divine Water!

(nyeess yesss)

@SwiftSign: What kind of fantasy would it be? Standard magical creatures like elves and such, or like a deep future or other type of fantasy?

Old July 17th, 2012 (08:40 AM).
SylveonStar
Sylveon

Just gonna do a bit of advertising here. My rp

(click the image) has one spot open :3

It's a journey rp in my own region that I created, so if you wanna sign up for the last spot make sure you read my latest post in the OOC thread :3

also, I have a question for everyone.

Do you tend to make your characters personalities similar or try to make them different?
Old July 17th, 2012 (08:48 AM). Edited July 17th, 2012 by Magic.
Magic
Guardian of the Great Rift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Col. Fantastic View Post
@SwiftSign: What kind of fantasy would it be? Standard magical creatures like elves and such, or like a deep future or other type of fantasy?
It's a darkish fantasy world, where Magicians have been persecuted in the past, to the point of mass killing, and the players are a group of uprising anarchists. In many ways the players will be much more 'the bad guys' than 'the heroes' which we often see in RPs.

Creatures-wise there will be some regulars, some new creations - but only as monsters and creatures, there are no other humanoids other than Humans and Magical Humans.

Still in the planning stages, but I have the history/premise sorted.

Quote:
Do you tend to make your characters personalities similar or try to make them different?
Characters that I play tend to have similarities, I often make them quite independent and semi-antisocial not the bubbly, chatty kind of character. However, I enjoy writing characters for just a few posts, which totally break down my normal personalities and let me try out something new. [In SS Anne] Carla Raines, for example, is quite different to my normal kind of character - wheras Captain Rogers is much more my cup of tea.
Old July 17th, 2012 (09:10 AM). Edited July 17th, 2012 by Lt. Col. Fantastic.
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

@Swift: That sounds cool, I might check it out when you finish!

Hmmmm....My characters are usually really different. Makoto, my SFDW character, is obsessed with honor and tradition, but can have fun at times. Arti, my Pkmn TA character is "that one guy who wears scarves, wears 'outfits', and usually hangs out with girls." (hes sensitive). Kimi, my prelude character, thinks she's a badass, and is sort of a tomboy, but still feminine girl. And Vinnie, my newest character, is the loverboy. He's got girls on his mind 24/7. I also have a pending sign up in the elite army, for my character Marcrotus "The Inquisitor" Ordain. He's a vigilante with mental issues. He's kinda messed up

Old July 17th, 2012 (09:40 AM).
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
@Akio-kun: Sweet! You're joining Sacred Fire! :D Welcome to the kingdom I'm also in!

As for the topic, I tend to make my characters the silent type. It's something I quite enjoy, & I definitely love making them different.

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Old July 17th, 2012 (09:41 AM).
Dusk

In a rather interesting bit of news,

I have taken up an apprentice!

She may not be entirely new, but she still has a ways away to go!

Meloetta142
メロエッタ!! メロエッタ!!

Random Fun Fact:

My character Kiba in Earth & Sky has a Meloetta partner named Mello!

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links