Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 19th, 2012 (11:53 PM).
Doctor
& time lord

Nature: Naive
I can't believe I finally got to be the best roleplayer :') I just want to say thank you, those who voted for me. Strange, I didn't think I cared much about the RPA, but it feels... good. Now I can relax and become lazy! lol

Congratulations Meg and all the others who won too!

Also, join Atlantis if you feel like you have time for another RP. It's amazing, so alive and real. And apparently it's got the best GMs ;)
Old July 20th, 2012 (01:14 AM).
Danger Zone
All Men Must Die.

Nature: Calm
lolIwon

totally called the annoying roleplayer part though. I was pretty shocked when I realized I had won most improved (!) and most helpful (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Anyways, thanks to Ichiro and Supervegeta for voting for me lol. If I decided to come back soon I'll try out for Atlantis Arising and Hyrus first (even though I doubt you'll let me in LOL) :]
Old July 20th, 2012 (04:06 AM).
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

Nature: Serious
Great job to everyone who won! I'm so happy for all of you! :D
Old July 20th, 2012 (04:17 AM).
Magic
Guardian of the Great Rift

Well done everyone!

@Atlantis I remember reading the thread before I became involved in the RP here, I love the idea (and super powers *-*) but I don't think I have the time. From peeking at the IC thread it looks like everyone else is doing well though!
Old July 20th, 2012 (05:18 AM).
Rose Quartz
Let's change our fate

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
Congratz everyone who won in the RPA's
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old July 20th, 2012 (05:23 AM).
Arctos
Fire and Blood

Nature: Relaxed
Well done to all of the winners of the RPAs! Well deserved!

May have to have a peak at Atlantis Arising. Was keeping my eye on it but wasnt sure I'd have the time. Luckily I believe I do now.
Old July 20th, 2012 (05:51 AM).
machomuu
Community Supporter

Congratulations to all of the RPA winners, you've earned it!

You know what you've also earned? A new discussion topic!

When deciding on an appearance for your characters, do you prefer to use pictures or to make detailed descriptions (or both)? Why?
Old July 20th, 2012 (09:51 AM).
Dusk
A Glitch in the System

I feel like I've grown so much, albeit after the RPA's, but still. Perhaps I might show up somewhere next time? Unlikely, but it's still possible. I can only dream, anyways.

Quote originally posted by machomuu:
Congratulations to all of the RPA winners, you've earned it!

You know what you've also earned? A new discussion topic!

When deciding on an appearance for your characters, do you prefer to use pictures or to make detailed descriptions (or both)? Why?
I create them myself. Using existing pictures doesn't work out for me. I feel like I'm making a cliched character when I do.

However, I do make pictures for each of my characters after I've created their appearance.

Look, here they are now!

Tsurara (SacredFire/DivineWater)

Amethyst (Pokemon Fallout)

Kiba (Earth & Sky)

Old July 20th, 2012 (11:56 AM).
The Last Sentinel
Beginning Tracker
Community Supporter

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Skype™ to The Last Sentinel

Hmm, I used to only make detailed descriptions when I created characters merely due to the fact that when I tried to find a character picture, most of the results ended up being somewhat dirty. (I am forever scarred, ) However, parallelzero recommended safebooru. From there on out, I've been using both pictures and detailed descriptions.
Old July 20th, 2012 (01:33 PM).
Doctor
& time lord

I used to think images was a cheap way to not have to think about your appearance enough. But that's only true if you don't make an effort when you find your picture. A picture really can say more than a thousand words. The problem for people like me who can't really draw anything themselves is that they have to either find a picture that really fits the appearance you've thought up, or you have to find a pic that you feel could be a good base for your character.

But anyways, I'm not against using pictures anymore. Quite the other way around. I don't know if my brain it starting to get moldy or lazy xD but I like to have a picture to look at when I imagine RP characters. Who said a picture couldn't be "detailed"? ;)

Of course there are those who are really good at writing SUs and can make me really see the person in front of me as I read.
Old July 20th, 2012 (05:13 PM).
PkMnTrainer Yellow
Pokemon Professor / RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
I honestly feel like effort is best spent on other parts of a character, and that effort is best spent on appearance only to make yourself satisfied with how your character looks. After all, appearances are ultimately fairly shallow, right?

That being said, I am very difficult to satisfy and have in the past spent hours on end spriting my characters.
Old July 20th, 2012 (05:42 PM).
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky

Well, there are some instances on where a picture isn't enough. I mean, pictures can be there to fill in an apperence, but that's just it- they're pictures. They would only give the surface on your desired character's appearance imo. Hence why I usually choose detailed descriptions.

That and it makes my SU look longer. <3

BTW Not sure if anyone remembers me, buuuut since I'm not as busy anymore, I'm looking for a roleplay to um, roleplay in, hehe.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old July 20th, 2012 (06:13 PM).
Skymin

yayayaya you're back! Did you see, you got a special mention in the RPAs! XD

And, also, I'd like to plug my new roleplay! Please come and check it out. ;D
Old July 20th, 2012 (06:34 PM).
Arctos
Fire and Blood

Looks great Skymin. This is the second time in 12 hours I've had to try and work out if I have the free time for another role play at the moment!
Old July 20th, 2012 (06:39 PM).
silverexorcist
Individualism in Normalcy!

Nature: Adamant
When deciding how my character looks, there are a LOT of things I'm concerning myself with. I feel that it should reflect their personality, so I spend my time looking through several other pictures and decide on certain things that I like. Basically, all of my characters are 50% custom description and 50% based on a picture.

But there have been times when I saw a picture that fit what I envisioned for a character so perfectly, I just wrote up a description for that exact picture and used that. Thanks to this habit, I have a LOT of pictures from anime I've never watched or heard of... >.<

And I'm with Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers. Detailed descriptions can really turn off (lazy) people when they're trying to get an idea of what your character looks like. I have no artistic ability whatsoever, nor do I sprite, or such, even with my graphic imagination. Pictures are the best I've got to give people a visual representation of my characters.
Old July 20th, 2012 (09:37 PM).
Classical Insect
Fight 'til you win.
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Classical Insect
I also have a question(s).

How many RPs are you currently roleplaying in? Which ones are they? And, what is your number limit for how many RPs you'll join?

THE EXTREMELY LONELY PAIR OF CAREFULWETPAINT
Old July 20th, 2012 (09:43 PM).
machomuu
Community Supporter

At the moment, I'm in two active RPs (3 if Elder Scrolls isn't suspended), those being Sacred Fire/Divine Water and Pokemon Fallout. I'm applying for Pandora, and I'm in two suspended ones (one if Elder Scrolls isn't), Youkai Academy.

3's my limit, though sometimes I overstep line.
Old July 20th, 2012 (09:46 PM).
Fort PokePower
Muffins forever

How many RPs are you currently roleplaying in? Which ones are they? And, what is your number limit for how many RPs you'll join?

I'm currently in two RPs: SV's Pokemon Odyssey: A New Beginning and Starsprite's Pokemon- synchronicity. I don't really have a limit and join whatever RPs catch my interest at the time. I think the most RPs I've ever been in at once is 8...

Roleplays I am in:
Sekirei: Wings of Fate (OOC/IC) as Fia and Akira Takako
Pokemon Odyssey: Search For Cresselia (OOC/IC) as Kaveri "Jetstream" Vian
One Piece: The Golden Age (OOC/IC) as Anahita Z. Firenze

Roleplays I GM:
Fargona: The Land of Dragons (OOC/IC) - Participating as Thia Rondamar
Old July 20th, 2012 (10:02 PM).
The Last Sentinel
Beginning Tracker
Community Supporter

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Skype™ to The Last Sentinel

Well, I'm currently in 5 RPs. First would be the long running Atlantis Arising by Ichiro and Skymin, then Pokemon-Synchronicity by Starsprite, Digimon Genesis by TurtleKing, World of Fairy Tail ->++ Celestial Spire by parallelzero, and finally Bleach: The Advanced Force Arc by Zero Darkness and myself. I'm also looking to join Pandora by Skymin and Community Service by KiyoshithePolarBear.

Typically, I don't really have a limit to number of RPs unless I have little to no time and even then, not really, haha. As you all can see, I have quite a bit on my plate, :3
Old July 20th, 2012 (11:13 PM).
Axeliira
<< p u l s e s >>

Nature: Brave

It was 5-6 roleplays, but I've shrunk it to just two now due to personal issues both PC and irl. :x I'm in PTA and SS Anne now. The other three (Shattered Era, Elite Army, and Pangaea) are a bit slow right now so I'm still thinking whether I might just stick around or not. I enjoy PTA very much, and I love bringing in new members to that roleplay. SS Anne is always an intriguing roleplay. Kudos to my lovely pair for his hard work. <3

I'm tempted to just go ahead and join another, but no. I just can't. Two is fine, and I won't leave them anytime soon.

Old July 21st, 2012 (02:13 AM).
Doctor
& time lord

I'm in 2 RPs right now. One where I'm only a player (Kanto's rebirth) and one where I'm only the GM (Checkmate). And then there's one I consider rejoining, and there's one I consider joining. Can't decide.
Old July 21st, 2012 (06:53 AM).
silverexorcist
Individualism in Normalcy!

Nature: Adamant
I'm in 3: Pokemon Trainer Academy, Sacred Fire; Divine Water, and Danger on the S.S. Anne. Honestly, I have no intention of joining another rp, even if I have the time. I may suddenly lose time and that'll leave problems. >.<
Old July 21st, 2012 (07:06 AM).
Arctos
Fire and Blood

Currently I am accepted into two. I am writing and rewriting an SU for a third and considering attempting to join a fourth. The two I am involved in are PTA and Sacred Fire/Divine Water. The one I am attempting to join is Atlantis Arising. The fourth one I am considering is Skymin's newest RP Pandora.
Old July 21st, 2012 (07:32 AM).
Magic
Guardian of the Great Rift

Just a note guys, Danger on the S.S. Anne has a few spaces open! It is at a point where you can jump straight in once accepted.
Old July 21st, 2012 (08:42 AM).
Dusk
A Glitch in the System

I think there might be some spaces open for SacredFire/DivineWater, considering I never got a response from two people. They'll be off of the list, leaving room for more.

As for the question:

I limit myself to three (four if something has me interested enough) at any given time. Currently, I am in:

SacredFire/DivineWater (GM) (RP)
Pokemon Fallout (RP)
Earth & Sky (RP)

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links