Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Theatre > Roleplay Stage
Reload this Page Roleplay Discussion Thread

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Stage This is where the In-Character roleplaying happens. Before you create a thread here, recruit some players in Roleplay Casting. Your very own legend is about to unfold! A world of dreams and adventures awaits! Let's go!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old July 21st, 2012 (08:47 AM).
яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...

Nature: Hardy
I'm sticking to one RP for now, since I've been having a busy summer and RPing isn't one of my largest hobbies right now. A long, long time ago I had signed up for Sacred Fire/Divine Water, as it looked very promising. I almost forgot about it, but 徳清アキオ sent me a message and I wanted to keep my promise to participate in the RP. I'm really glad I did, it's already very fun and I've only posted once aha.

ι ѕнαℓℓ ρяσtє¢t уσυ, му ℓσνє.

Old July 21st, 2012 (09:05 AM).
«Dual Wield» User
Crystal Tier

Nature: Bashful
I'm kind of getting bored, so I'd like to bring up a new topic:

What do you do first before you make your post? Do you think before you type, or just go with the flow with ideas popping up one at a time?

I hope I made that clear.

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Old July 21st, 2012 (09:18 AM).
Battle!

Nature: Quirky
Lessee... I'll answer both topics at once!

How many RPs are you currently roleplaying in? Which ones are they? And, what is your number limit for how many RPs you'll join?

I'm in PTA... have been since the humble days, Pokemon Pangaea if it's still running, Pokemon Kanto's Rebirth if it's still running, Digimon Genesis, Digimon Adventure: World's Bane, Pokemon Synchronicity... and I think that's it. If those two are dead four, if not six... My limit tends to be 7-8, lower if I happen to be GMing one... which I doubt I'll do for a while yet.

What do you do first before you make your post? Do you think before you type, or just go with the flow with ideas popping up one at a time?

Hmm... mixture of both really. Whatever ideas pop in my head I try to type them in, but I usually have some sort of plan depending on the RP I'm in.

Old July 21st, 2012 (09:18 AM).
The Arianator

Nature: Sassy
Usually I plan my posts before I type, and I write them in an app I have called Writer. Its on android, and it is basically just a keyboard and a screen. No spellcheck or anything (And I'm pretty bad at spelling). For quick posts (i.e. PTA interactions) I just use browser and PokeCommunity's "Go advanced" feature. So yeah, most of the time I think a lot before I post, except when I'm doing quick interactions. (which kill me on the inside)

Mr. Aladdin sir! Have a wish or two or three!
Old July 21st, 2012 (09:29 AM).
Fight 'til you win.
Gold Tier

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Retro Bug

I read whatever the GM posted to help guide us then I just kind of go with the flow. Though, if I don't like where the flow is going I restart it. Sometimes I do think first for RP that are going to require a lengthy post.

How many RPs are you currently roleplaying in? Which ones are they? And, what is your number limit for how many RPs you'll join?

I'm in three hoping to get accepted into a fourth. Digimon Adventure: World's Bane, Checkmate, and Fairytale. I don't know what my limit is, for now since I'm not in school it's how ever many I feel like handling. Once school starts I think I might limit myself down to 2 or 3 if I can.

THE EXTREMELY LONELY PAIR OF CAREFULWETPAINT
Old July 21st, 2012 (06:42 PM).
King of the Hell

Hmm... I may be rather late to this question, because I have only just noticed.

When did the Roleplay Library disappear?
Old July 21st, 2012 (11:49 PM).
Marked Out

Nature: Bold
Well, Hello er'body, I'm back after forever of being away!! Now, down to business.

I plan on creating a new RP. Not too sure on what It'll be, but I kinda haves ideas, but they already have something here somewhat similar. Still working on ideas, but I'll throw another question into the pile.

Do you have a urge or hankering to play in a certain type (setting, plot type, etc.) or a certain style (Journey, conflict) of RP? If so, what type/style?

Old July 23rd, 2012 (07:52 AM).
the heroes of our time
CS

Nature: Naive
Give me a roleplay with an intricate and complicated and revelation-rich plot where my character can run wild with their quirks and where I can post more often than once a week. Derp.

And don't say Shattered Era, because I already know that it fits on all accounts <3 but I don't want to play as a pokémon.

moderator:
x Roleplay Theatre

roleplays:
x Crossroads
x Digimon
x Titans
x Legends

Old July 23rd, 2012 (07:57 AM).
A mad mind... hehe

Nature: Serious
Actually... I'm getting to work on a rp like that right now RHCP! I'm trying to make a different type of rp and could use a co-GM to help me on this idea. Don't want to spoil anything.
Old July 23rd, 2012 (08:01 AM).
Battle!

Greiger you've caught my interest!

To be honest, I'd kind of like an RP where we have experienced trainers, you know already tried and failed a Championship (or even won a Championship) and we have to maybe not save the world but do something still relatively awesome.

Old July 23rd, 2012 (08:03 AM).
Kariyai.
CS

Quote originally posted by Greiger:
Actually... I'm getting to work on a rp like that right now RHCP! I'm trying to make a different type of rp and could use a co-GM to help me on this idea. Don't want to spoil anything.
Oooh! I might be a bit too busy to Co-GM but if you need an extra head to construct ideas/proof read then PM me any time! I love roleplay-planning XD.

Quote originally posted by Fuyu:
Greiger you've caught my interest!

To be honest, I'd kind of like an RP where we have experienced trainers, you know already tried and failed a Championship (or even won a Championship) and we have to maybe not save the world but do something still relatively awesome.
Danger on the S.S. Anne has a lot of experienced trainers :3 plus the story does not involve saving the world ;D.
art by Churaka
Old July 23rd, 2012 (08:10 AM).
Battle!

;D I've been debating that one Swift, I just haven't been keeping up with it to know if I can still sign up. :D I'm not sure where you guys are. Maybe you can VM me some details. :D

That said... since I is slow... welcome back Elite!

Old July 23rd, 2012 (08:16 AM).
the heroes of our time
CS

Quote originally posted by Greiger:
Awesome. Will it be pokémon or non pokémon related? I'm in a period of being more interested in non-pokéy stuff now but I'll probably swing back soon enough xD

You know you can use me as a wall for bouncing your ideas on. But I'd rather be a player than a GM.

Greiger you've caught my interest! :P

Hm. I want to save the world, though. I guess I've read too much Homestuck lately to think that anything less epic than that is exciting /is damaged for life

Quote originally posted by SwiftSign:

Oooh! I might be a bit too busy to Co-GM but if you need an extra head to construct ideas/proof read then PM me any time! I love roleplay-planning XD.

Danger on the S.S. Anne has a lot of experienced trainers :3 plus the story does not involve saving the world ;D.
Wasn't Danger on the S.S. Anne some kind of murder story where people got voted out or something? That was what I thought, but perhaps I got the wrong impression.

Also CALCIFER!<3

moderator:
x Roleplay Theatre

roleplays:
x Crossroads
x Digimon
x Titans
x Legends

Old July 23rd, 2012 (08:20 AM).
Battle!

Oh don't get me wrong, I LOVE saving the world. There are people who don't though so I'm saying I wouldn't mind not having to, even though it seems more logical that the experienced people do.

Old July 23rd, 2012 (08:27 AM).
the heroes of our time
CS

Oh don't get me wrong, I LOVE saving the world. There are people who don't though so I'm saying I wouldn't mind not having to, even though it seems more logical that the experienced people do.
Haha, well. I guess it gets old. At least if there's a pretty generic story involving a legendary pokémon gone mad, behind it. But there are ways to make it much more epic... the players don't even have to know from the start that they are trying to save the world ;D

moderator:
x Roleplay Theatre

roleplays:
x Crossroads
x Digimon
x Titans
x Legends

Old July 23rd, 2012 (08:28 AM).
Battle!

No Red no! Don't over work yourself... without telling us the idea! XD

Old July 23rd, 2012 (08:32 AM).
the heroes of our time
CS

Too... many... ideas... ideasplodesdkljks

With the faltering pace all my current RPs are running at, I doubt I'll overwork myself whatever I decide to do xD Don't worry about this ol' playah.

Looking forward to Greiger's work, anyways! I'll go read about Danger on S.S Anne again.

moderator:
x Roleplay Theatre

roleplays:
x Crossroads
x Digimon
x Titans
x Legends

Old July 23rd, 2012 (08:36 AM).
Kariyai.
CS

Quote originally posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers:
Wasn't Danger on the S.S. Anne some kind of murder story where people got voted out or something? That was what I thought, but perhaps I got the wrong impression.

Also CALCIFER!<3
Yep that's the general idea, though that element to the story is yet to kick in. It is starting as a Journey where I steadily build up some conspiracy theories XD I'm not sure if any players have noticed odd references yet though - some are very obviously whilst others are a bit more subtle.

>:3 and RECOGNITION! People keep asking me what he is from ;__;.
art by Churaka
Old July 23rd, 2012 (01:27 PM).
Individualism in Normalcy!

Nature: Adamant

Haha, well. I guess it gets old. At least if there's a pretty generic story involving a legendary pokémon gone mad, behind it. But there are ways to make it much more epic... the players don't even have to know from the start that they are trying to save the world ;D
INTERJECTION!! >:D

The saving the world idea has been done many times, but there are so many ways to do it, that it can still be cool The concept just leaves so many...possibilities...in the story. The main problem is, only one person can end up being the hero who defeats the main antagonist, and deciding that sometimes causes problems *cough* with egos *cough cough*
Old July 23rd, 2012 (06:37 PM).
The Arianator

Nature: Sassy
What about the other way around? An RP where the characters are trying to DESTROY THE WORLD!!!!

......or at least control a large portion of it.

Mr. Aladdin sir! Have a wish or two or three!
Old July 23rd, 2012 (06:47 PM).
part time demon hunter
Crystal Tier

Give me a roleplay with an intricate and complicated and revelation-rich plot where my character can run wild with their quirks and where I can post more often than once a week. Derp.
... pandora

no actually im gonna say community service when it starts up d:
Old July 23rd, 2012 (08:42 PM).
Figuratively Speaking

Thanks for the support bromeo.

I'm really curious to see how your Pandora works, Skymin. You haven't given much away to how it's going to be structured mission or journey wise- left me curious. :3

I haven't found myself all that interested in non-pokemon RPs when they show up- but I do love a good murder mystery. Perhaps we need an RP based off Clue(do). And in the end Col. Mustard saves the world whilst Pr. Plum and Miss. Scarlet get hitched and share a romantic kiss.

PKMN COLLECTOR ELWOOD
Old July 25th, 2012 (01:55 PM).
King of the Hell

... Huh. Where did everyone go?

Anyways... If you've noticed, I've done a little touching up on my avatar/profile picture/signature, so first one who can guess the character's name and the anime he originates from gets free treats!

... Free treats, guys! FREE TRRREEEAAAAAAA--

I'll ask my previous question once more, What happened to the Roleplay Library?

Also, I'd love to plug Quto's RP once more, Earth and SKy!: Pokemon Battle Royale!

Please check it out. We only have four players (including myself) so we're a small but loyal group of RPers, so if you're into that, as well as Pokemon battles that put your life in constant danger, come join us!

Just click the little "Earth and Sky" link in the bottom-left section of my signature!
Old July 25th, 2012 (02:02 PM). Edited July 25th, 2012 by Apotheosis.
the heroes of our time
CS

One of those wolves from Wolf's Rain perhaps? No idea name.

Also, we don't know so maybe ask Ichiro or Maddy about the library?

And I'd forgotten about Earth & Sky, but yeah it still seems intriguing! But it looks so... messy :s everyone's pokémon act like extra characters and go around talking all the time and I most often think that's annoying. So maybe it's not the right RP for me ^^' But I've seen many who enjoy treating their pokémon like deep characters.

moderator:
x Roleplay Theatre

roleplays:
x Crossroads
x Digimon
x Titans
x Legends

Old July 25th, 2012 (02:09 PM).
Muffins forever

Quote originally posted by 徳清アキオ:
... Huh. Where did everyone go?

Anyways... If you've noticed, I've done a little touching up on my avatar/profile picture/signature, so first one who can guess the character's name and the anime he originates from gets free treats!

... Free treats, guys! FREE TRRREEEAAAAAAA--

I'll ask my previous question once more, What happened to the Roleplay Library?

Also, I'd love to plug Quto's RP once more, Earth and SKy!: Pokemon Battle Royale!

Please check it out. We only have four players (including myself) so we're a small but loyal group of RPers, so if you're into that, as well as Pokemon battles that put your life in constant danger, come join us!

Just click the little "Earth and Sky" link in the bottom-left section of my signature!
In the avatar, it's either Blue or Darcia. I can't see the eye color so it's hard to tell >-< In the signature, it's Darcia and Kiba's fight near the end. Wolf's Rain is one of my favorite anime <3

Sponsored Links