The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 25th, 2012, 02:41 PM
銀ヤミ
Fighting to Renew my Past...

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by fortworth96 View Post
In the avatar, it's either Blue or Darcia. I can't see the eye color so it's hard to tell >-< In the signature, it's Darcia and Kiba's fight near the end. Wolf's Rain is one of my favorite anime <3
IT'S DARCIA, YOU WIN!!

TREATS FOR EVERYONE!! fortworth96 gets first bites!!

WOLF'S RAIN IS BY FAR THE GREATEST ANIME OF ALL TIME EVAR!!

Wait... Is Supervegeta an anime?

I just made my signatures and stuffs, so yeah. Also made a website for my stuffs.

If you can't stand the Pokemon talking, then you don't really have to. I guess it's just sort of somethng that happened along the way, and we liked it so it stuck.

I also made one of the pages for my PC family, and another to archive the characters I've created!

Old July 25th, 2012, 03:03 PM
silverexorcist
Individualism in Normalcy!

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by 徳清アキオ View Post
IT'S DARCIA, YOU WIN!!

TREATS FOR EVERYONE!! fortworth96 gets first bites!!

WOLF'S RAIN IS BY FAR THE GREATEST ANIME OF ALL TIME EVAR!!

Wait... Is Supervegeta an anime?

I just made my signatures and stuffs, so yeah. Also made a website for my stuffs.

If you can't stand the Pokemon talking, then you don't really have to. I guess it's just sort of somethng that happened along the way, and we liked it so it stuck.

I also made one of the pages for my PC family, and another to archive the characters I've created!
So strange...I could have sworn I read "GREATEST ANIME OF ALL TIME EVAR!" but I didn't see the name Fate/Zero or Mirai Nikki anywhere...must have been my imagination XD

Since I saw non-pokemon rps mentioned, let me just say that though I have no problem with them, I think that it's kind of a turn off when the plot is much easier to understand when you know the background of whatever the rp is based off of, like an anime or something. Like I would love to join of Fate/Zero rp, but for someone who has no experience with Type/Moon would be eaten alive--and then some. Sometimes it's good to stick with what you know. And sometimes its better to dive into the unknown and get your butt whooped.
Old July 25th, 2012, 03:10 PM
adventure
in mega we believe

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverexorcist View Post

Since I saw non-pokemon rps mentioned, let me just say that though I have no problem with them, I think that it's kind of a turn off when the plot is much easier to understand when you know the background of whatever the rp is based off of, like an anime or something. Like I would love to join of Fate/Zero rp, but for someone who has no experience with Type/Moon would be eaten alive--and then some. Sometimes it's good to stick with what you know. And sometimes its better to dive into the unknown and get your butt whooped.
True, and a pity sometimes. In the RP I currently GM, half the players know the franchise well and the other half have only briefly or even never heard of it before. It's a balance and sadly I think we're talking a bit too much about stuff that hasn't reached us yet in the RP :x stuff that only the knowledgeable players could know. It's difficult.

<<CLOUD v2.0>>
Old July 25th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Skymin
the Knight

Nature: Quirky
The Roleplay Library doesn't exist anymore. Ichiro felt that his efforts on it were wasted since nobody seemed to take much notice of it. So, we did away with it.

EDIT: Also, Zerin, can I remind you not to go so far off-topic for the majority of your post? Ok?

Last edited by Skymin; July 25th, 2012 at 03:21 PM.
Old July 25th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance
Honestly I felt that a Library is missing in this section, but I feel that the "Check to see if your RP is accepted" is necessary enough to see which RPs are out. More of a "Check on your own risk" if you want to see if they're accepting players.

CHASE ELLIOTT
enjoyillinois.com 300 winner | chicago, illinois | july 19, 2014
moderator of fan clubs & groups | battle server moderator

Shining Armour
[22:39] ★srinator: ur sig would become so much more better with my name on it
Old July 25th, 2012, 05:06 PM
銀ヤミ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skymin View Post
The Roleplay Library doesn't exist anymore. Ichiro felt that his efforts on it were wasted since nobody seemed to take much notice of it. So, we did away with it.

EDIT: Also, Zerin, can I remind you not to go so far off-topic for the majority of your post? Ok?
Sure thing; I hand't even realized.

Anyways, when did the Roleplay Library disappear? I think it might have been while I was away.

Well, even though I feel a bit busy, I've been running the thought in my head over and over, to retry making a Zelda RP. Would anybody be interested?

Old July 25th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Skymin
the Knight

Quote:
Anyways, when did the Roleplay Library disappear? I think it might have been while I was away.
No, no it's been gone for quite a while now. Before the RPA nominations started. The fact you didn't notice it gone kinda emphasises Ichiro's feelings. d:
Old July 25th, 2012, 05:52 PM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
I'm thinking of doing a Kid Icarus RP, with the Roleplayers as either the Light or Dark Team, their choosing. :D Anyone interested?

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Old July 25th, 2012, 06:40 PM
1ninjadude1701

Nature: Quiet
Hey I'm back for a bit. Also kinda wondering 2 things. 1 how can you guys see characters well? I mean I know its in your mind which is why its hard to visualize. Didn't know if anyone felt the same way. 2 I am thinking about making an RP but didn't know which idea to go with. Should I use a pokemon one where pokemon are basicly tools of war or should I go with a non pokemon one and make it about a intergalactic race so to say.

My new pokemon rp

http://pokemonchallengersrp.proboards.com/index.cgi

Join if you like a challenge.
Old July 25th, 2012, 06:51 PM
Skymin
the Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ninjadude1701 View Post
Hey I'm back for a bit. Also kinda wondering 2 things. 1 how can you guys see characters well? I mean I know its in your mind which is why its hard to visualize. Didn't know if anyone felt the same way.
I usually draw my characters. Best way to visualise is to get that idea on to paper.
Old July 26th, 2012, 12:03 AM
adventure
in mega we believe

Quote:
No, no it's been gone for quite a while now. Before the RPA nominations started. The fact you didn't notice it gone kinda emphasises Ichiro's feelings. d:
I know another forum where it is (was?) working well. But there were wayyyy fewer RPs there. I guess on PC, the "Check to see..." thread does the job that needs to be done; shows what new RPs are out. It can be quite fun to browse older RPs that are active and on the first page too, maybe you rediscover something that you didn't have time to join last time around :3

Quote:
Hey I'm back for a bit. Also kinda wondering 2 things. 1 how can you guys see characters well? I mean I know its in your mind which is why its hard to visualize. Didn't know if anyone felt the same way. 2 I am thinking about making an RP but didn't know which idea to go with. Should I use a pokemon one where pokemon are basicly tools of war or should I go with a non pokemon one and make it about a intergalactic race so to say.
I allow pictures in sign ups in RPs I GM these days. Because it's so much easier ;; but I usually want people to write something as well.

For my own characters, I don't think I have a standard way of doing things. Sometimes I just write. Other times I find a pic and then base my descriptions on that. And other times I describe in words first and then look for a picture with at least some part that resembles my character. Then I might crop the pic to only show that xD

Quote:
I usually draw my characters. Best way to visualise is to get that idea on to paper.
I want you to draw my characters :] If I tried myself, ugly things would happen. To the paper.

<<CLOUD v2.0>>
Old July 26th, 2012, 04:11 AM
1ninjadude1701

My next thing I was wondering was personallity and history. That's my absolute weak point cause there's no pictures for that.

My new pokemon rp

Old July 26th, 2012, 04:16 AM
Magic

Quote:
My next thing I was wondering was personallity and history. That's my absolute weak point cause there's no pictures for that.
Well that really is down to your imagination, if you can't think up a believable back-story about a person, as well as how they could react to certain situations, then your roleplaying is going to be all over the place. Some people base personality on friends or characters from other things, but strive to change enough to make them their own person.

Really you need a solid character when writing up applications. Personally, it takes me a 4-5 hours across a few days to properly finish an application and make sure it's all how I want it (and making sense). I don't think it's possible to create a believable, unique, interesting character in a thirty-minute sign up.
Old July 26th, 2012, 04:28 AM
1ninjadude1701

Thanks guys. I was also thinking about starting my own rp but wanted to know which people thought was better, a pokemon related one where the regions are in a state of war and pokemon are the weapons or a non pokemon related one where a intergalactic sort of space race occurs during an unsafe time period with like two factions race for a treasure to destroy the other faction.

My new pokemon rp

Old July 26th, 2012, 04:30 AM
adventure
in mega we believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSign View Post

Really you need a solid character when writing up applications. Personally, it takes me a 4-5 hours across a few days to properly finish an application and make sure it's all how I want it (and making sense). I don't think it's possible to create a believable, unique, interesting character in a thirty-minute sign up.
This.

Since forum roleplaying is all about writing, pictures cannot and should not be able to help you all the way. An application is meant to let the GM know how good you are and how interesting a character you can come up with. With words.

Also, do the intergalactic one!

<<CLOUD v2.0>>
Old July 26th, 2012, 05:15 AM
silverexorcist
Individualism in Normalcy!

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
When making a character, for rp's, fan fic, or anything at all, I always read through the background information and brainstorm ideas, writing them down as I go. Then i think of what I would find interesting as a character, then use my brainstorming ideas (or any ideas that may pop up at the last second) and use those. I would like give you an estimate on how long it takes me, but it really depends. The more I like a character I'm creating from scrap, the longer it takes. I've recycled characters before too--just charged their background information to fit the plot properly. But usually I go with making new characters since I enjoy it so much :D
Old July 26th, 2012, 06:17 AM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
I'll say this again. Who would be interested in a Kid Icarus RP? I'm including the Light & Dark Fighters, plus you may choose your own weapon, but you may choose only one type of weapon out of nine. (claws, blades etc.) Example, if you choose Clubs, you can use any kind of club. I might give the option of a secondary type of weapon.

Of course it'll have a storyline, just have to think of one.

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Old July 26th, 2012, 02:16 PM
NV
Dracon Leader

Location: In my own little world, taking potshots at your little world.
Quote:
Sure thing; I hand't even realized.

Well, even though I feel a bit busy, I've been running the thought in my head over and over, to retry making a Zelda RP. Would anybody be interested?
I had a character I never got to use in a Zelda RP
It was a modern day style Zelda RP though...
I could try and alter him to fit the RP so I'd be interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyDiamond View Post
I'll say this again. Who would be interested in a Kid Icarus RP? I'm including the Light & Dark Fighters, plus you may choose your own weapon, but you may choose only one type of weapon out of nine. (claws, blades etc.) Example, if you choose Clubs, you can use any kind of club. I might give the option of a secondary type of weapon.

Of course it'll have a storyline, just have to think of one.
I'd be interested but I'd still need to play the game a bit before I could work out what my character would be like.

PM me for info about this project.

Old July 26th, 2012, 02:21 PM
銀ヤミ

Here I go again, wanting to make every damn RP I can think of.

So, I was looking through some old and long-forgotten RP's, and one of them caught my interest. It was (sadly) ended a very long time ago.

So, what if I (Or more likely, someone else) made a Dragonball RP?

Old July 26th, 2012, 02:23 PM
NV
Dracon Leader

Quote:

So, I was looking through some old and long-forgotten RP's, and one of them caught my interest. It was (sadly) ended a very long time ago.

I've Got a Character for that.
He's a bit more of a Z character but he'd work well either way.

Old July 26th, 2012, 03:39 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:

As much as I love Dragon Ball (it being my favorite manga and one of my favorite anime), I can see a lot of people entering with exagerrated characters and balancing issues, and it would take a boatload of maintenance to keep players in check. I mean, Toriyama's a genius, and Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z are great, but the masses tend to go outta hand with it when they get a hold of it.
Old July 26th, 2012, 04:48 PM
<Challenger>
I need Boobies! Nothing more!

Nature: Jolly
Hey,I'm new.I want to know how to join a role play.Can you tell me?
Old July 26th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Magic

Have a look in The Lounge for a Roleplay you like the look of - check if it has spaces then look for a 'Sign Up Sheet' somewhere in the first post! That'll tell you what information the GM would like to know about your character.

Fill in the form and post it in the OOC thread and wait for the GM to get back to you .
Old July 26th, 2012, 05:35 PM
1ninjadude1701

what do you guys think of a sort of pokemon warfare RP where pokemon are more weapons then pets?

My new pokemon rp

Old July 26th, 2012, 05:39 PM
NV
Dracon Leader

Quote:
what do you guys think of a sort of pokemon warfare RP where pokemon are more weapons then pets?
Like Lt. Surge's past type thing?
Or even more like weapons to where the trainers treat them like objects instead of living creatures?

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links