Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Theatre > Roleplay Stage
Reload this Page Roleplay Discussion Thread

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Stage This is where the In-Character roleplaying happens. Before you create a thread here, recruit some players in Roleplay Casting. Your very own legend is about to unfold! A world of dreams and adventures awaits! Let's go!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old August 9th, 2012 (07:00 PM).
A mad mind... hehe

Nature: Serious
@Yellow Well in essence the beginning of the rp will set the stage for the everyday routine of the new site. The Chaos Insurgency has been recently attacking multiple sites and has breached some of them so many scps have had to be relocated. Pretty much players will be personal on this back up site and for some time the Insurgency hasn't attacked but the site will be breached and will cause multiple SCPs to be released. In essence, survive the facility. Get out by any means. Depending on your morals either go around and help others get out or run for your life. Find documentation on the scps to survive against them.

There are only six slots so that it won't be too overcrowded, thought that if I got too many players it would indeed wreck the atmosphere.

The players can be scientists, security personal, or D-class personal.
Old August 9th, 2012 (10:16 PM).
Marked Out

Nature: Bold
Well, the RPO's have begun and I am getting excited! Gonna start a massive writing spree on the weekend (days off) and just pedal to the metal and write. Anyways, that's my plan.

Anyways, like Baker's Bulbasaur, I am postponing my new RP from release until mid/late September, due to the RPO's and that many RP'ers may be burnt out after them.

Honestly, who else expected the one-lines to be the first posts up?

Old August 9th, 2012 (11:50 PM).
the demons in our minds
CS

Nature: Naive
Good luck in the RPO, everyone who entered or will judge!

I too have a new RP in the making (when don't I?) but I will try to keep myself from posting it until the last days of August or early September. Try. But I might fail. Teheh.

moderator of
Roleplay Theatre

roleplayer in
Crossroads x Digimon
Titans x Legends

Old August 10th, 2012 (01:37 AM).
Let's RP!

Nature: Careful
I'm looking to join a RP, one with some fantasy and has something to do with pokemon. I'm not looking for a long adventure. Damn, I had an account on this site ages ago, I haven't been on in so long it obfuscates me how I'm suppose to find a RP.

TIME & SPACE [T]
My character: Thomas Brian
Old August 10th, 2012 (03:25 AM).
the demons in our minds
CS

Quote originally posted by EVO 2:
I'm looking to join a RP, one with some fantasy and has something to do with pokemon. I'm not looking for a long adventure. Damn, I had an account on this site ages ago, I haven't been on in so long it obfuscates me how I'm suppose to find a RP.
What was your old account? :3

The best way to find a RP to join is to go look in the Roleplay Lounge for OOC threads that state that they have spots open.

You can check the last posts in the "Check to see if your roleplay has been accepted" thread, to see what RPs are the newest and maybe haven't started yet.

As many do, I'd suggest you join Pokémon Trainer Academy if they have spots open at the moment. There, you'll get to be a trainer and catch pokémon and battle and do pretty much whatever you want together with the other players. If nothing else, it might be a good way to get back into the swing of RPing.

moderator of
Roleplay Theatre

roleplayer in
Crossroads x Digimon
Titans x Legends

Old August 10th, 2012 (04:15 AM).
Let's RP!

Nature: Careful
If I remembered my old account do you think I'd have made a new account? (In a note so serious tone)
No thanks, I can't be bothered with that. I've signed up for Time&Space by Vato. It's very interesting.
Thanks anyway.

TIME & SPACE [T]
My character: Thomas Brian
Old August 10th, 2012 (12:16 PM).
Strategist

Send a message via Skype™ to The Mega Champion
Wow really?

You guys should have explained this a bit more and made things a bit more clearly so something like this wouldn't happen.

That's not roleplaying, that's fanfiction. But whatever I suppose that's just IMO.

I don't have the time for something like that.

So... with that in mind...

I'M OFFICIALLY DROPPING OUT OF THE ESCAPE CATEGORY.

I'll post my One-Line thing in a bit.

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 5.

2015 for PS3 & PS4

Old August 10th, 2012 (12:34 PM).
Grant me the power of revolution!
Gold Tier

Nature: Relaxed
^Eh, it could be considered both. It's definitely fiction, but you're still roleplaying, just in one post rather than several. Though I honestly don't see how you'd have time to roleplay but not to make a single long post; it's actually less time-consuming than a being a part of a regular RP. But, I don't want to know, it's not my business and it's business I'm better off not knowing.
Old August 10th, 2012 (12:58 PM).
part time demon hunter
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
ROLE-PLAY
1. to assume the attitudes, actions, and discourse of (another), especially in a make-believe situation in an effort to understand a differing point of view or social interaction: Management trainees were given a chance to role-play labor negotiators.
Quote:
Fan fiction (alternatively referred to as fanfiction, fanfic, FF, or fic) is a broadly-defined term for fan labor regarding stories about characters or settings written by fans of the original work, rather than by the original creator
So yeah, it's basically both. But, the difference is, with fan fiction, you usually make up the situation. Have more control. With this, you're given a situation and you take on the role of a character.
Old August 10th, 2012 (01:06 PM).
the demons in our minds
CS

I think it's definitely closer to the Role-Play definition Skymin shows :] At least for some categories. But then again, that's why the people from the Writer's Corner were invited too!

moderator of
Roleplay Theatre

roleplayer in
Crossroads x Digimon
Titans x Legends

Old August 10th, 2012 (08:27 PM). Edited August 10th, 2012 by SV.
See You Space Cowboy

Quote originally posted by The Mega Champion:
Wow really?

You guys should have explained this a bit more and made things a bit more clearly so something like this wouldn't happen.

That's not roleplaying, that's fanfiction. But whatever I suppose that's just IMO.

I don't have the time for something like that.

So... with that in mind...

I'M OFFICIALLY DROPPING OUT OF THE ESCAPE CATEGORY.

I'll post my One-Line thing in a bit.
Much of this could have been avoided if you simply read the rules. They explain quite a bit. Speaking of which, the one-line event should imply that you use one line, a single sentence, and no more.

Anyways, good luck to yourself and everyone else involved in the Olympics. Bring home the gold!

Paired with the Epic Legend
Old August 10th, 2012 (08:35 PM).
Pokemon Professor / RP Mentor
Crystal Tier

Nature: Sassy
For the record, PTA has several Raikou Dorm spots open and as always many teacher spots open at the moment.

---

Also, here's a far more proper definition of roleplaying as a hobby.

Roleplaying: A collaborative writing endeavor in which two or more people assume roles and interact (extremely vaguely) with eachother using a turn-based system of some sort for the enjoyment of an inside audience. (The others RPing with them)

Let's contrast here:
  1. Fanfiction is not collaborative by nature, though you can obviously choose to collaborate in fanfiction. (Keyword: By nature. If you're not collaborating, you're not roleplaying.)
  2. There is no assuming of roles in fanfiction. (Fun fact: The lack of assuming roles is why first person is so rare in literature. Yes, I just implied that writing from first person is actually appropriate for roleplays.)
  3. There is no turn based system for writing fan-fiction (Once again, I guess you could add it. I would presume this to be extremely rare however.)
  4. Fanfiction is written for an outside audience, consumers. Roleplaying is written for the enjoyment of those writing with you, an inside audience. (An entirely different kind audience has a huge effect on what is considered 'good' in writing. I consider this to be the biggest difference between the two.)

Yeah... I just... could not bare to let that other definition stand around. It was just so... out-of-context. >> No offense. :P
Old August 10th, 2012 (08:39 PM).
West Side

What God SuperVegeta said.

And on a side note, you know you guys don't have to be super serious in the one-liners right? I mean, you can post a sentence about a guy eating cereal. And who doesn't want to see that?
Old August 10th, 2012 (08:49 PM).
See You Space Cowboy

Quote originally posted by The_Original_Raitan:
What God SuperVegeta said.

And on a side note, you know you guys don't have to be super serious in the one-liners right? I mean, you can post a sentence about a guy eating cereal. And who doesn't want to see that?
My associate has a very valid point. Although you have the creativity to write about whatever you want, it is not limited to serious lines. Of course, if that is what you would like to do, that is totally alright as well. Just remember, we don't judge based on how seriously provocative a line is. Actually, I have absolutely no idea what we judge this on. Who the heck came up with this event? No, I kid. I know what we judge this on. I'm God, remember?

Old August 10th, 2012 (09:11 PM).
West Side

New discussion topic! Which region do you like to be in the most for roleplays?

Naturally, this boils down to what your favorite region is in general for Pokemon, but I find that some regions tend to be utilized well more than others. I think a fine example of this would be Johto. It's always Johto. In all honesty, I'm dying for a Hoenn roleplay. I miss Hoenn oh so much. xD
Old August 11th, 2012 (12:10 AM).
part time demon hunter
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
Which region do you like to be in the most for roleplays?
Kanto, Johto and Unova. I love the Unova scenery, building style and layout and Gold was my first game so Johto and Kanto are my most well-known and favourite areas. :D
Old August 11th, 2012 (09:35 AM).
Strategist

Send a message via Skype™ to The Mega Champion
lolnope.

It's still fanfiction except your given something to write about.

Still just my opinion though.

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 5.

2015 for PS3 & PS4

Old August 11th, 2012 (10:29 AM). Edited August 11th, 2012 by Mana.
Kariyai.
CS

Quote originally posted by The Mega Champion:
lolnope.

It's still fanfiction except your given something to write about.

Still just my opinion though.
Not to be picky but doesn't fan fiction demand some kind of fandom? Therefore the only 'fan fiction' events are Rescue Mission and First Catch - all the others are just original writing pieces (and battle is true roleplay).

RPOs plays on the skills you need for any kind of writing, fiction or roleplay. If you'd like to work out and organise dozens of people in to different groups and then have them post individually, within a time limit, than by all means complain more though...

Anyway! Would it be possible to have a list of who is in what event in the RPO thread? I've totally forgotten what I signed up for...

Nevermind just noticed the signup thread is further down XD
art by Churaka
Old August 11th, 2012 (11:12 AM).
Grant me the power of revolution!
Gold Tier

As hilarious as I find the Arceus-apethetic's ramblings, he does have a point about the One Liner. I was lucky enough to remember what the One-Liner said in the SU thread, but I really think you should explain all of the events again thoroughly in the Post Thread, especially since the SU and Judging threads are no longer stickied.
Old August 11th, 2012 (12:29 PM).
See You Space Cowboy

Point taken. I've linked the RPO Sign up thread in the top of the Post thread now, so you will be able to view the rules and explanations for the events more easily. There are also additional two links within the body of the Post thread which link to the Sign up thread. Hope this will be sufficient.

Old August 11th, 2012 (12:33 PM).
ドラゴンのおうじ

Nature: Jolly
Any Fire Emblem and Legend of Zelda fans around? I have a role-play for both games as a crossover. Been planning it since I mentioned it in here a week or so ago.

Sorry if I'm eavesdropping on conversations (or posting in the middle of one). Just wanting to know if anyone's interested. I can get the plot from my saved word document if anyone needs it to determine interest or not.

The other place I submitted this role-play (where people have played or know either games), didn't bode so well, so I'm hoping...
Old August 11th, 2012 (12:36 PM).
See You Space Cowboy

Quote originally posted by Galdr:
Any Fire Emblem and Legend of Zelda fans around? I have a role-play for both games as a crossover. Been planning it since I mentioned it in here a week or so ago.

Sorry if I'm eavesdropping on conversations (or posting in the middle of one). Just wanting to know if anyone's interested. I can get the plot from my saved word document if anyone needs it to determine interest or not.

The other place I submitted this role-play (where people have played or know either games), didn't bode so well, so I'm hoping...
Don't know much about the Zelda series, but I'm a huge fan of the Fire Emblem series, and I wanted an RP based on that for quite a while. Mind telling me a bit more about the plot? If I have time, and I like it, I may very well join.

Old August 11th, 2012 (02:32 PM).
Arrest this man

New discussion topic! Which region do you like to be in the most for roleplays?
HOENN!! Hoenn is my favorite region cause Emerald was my first game and it brings back memories. And it's pretty diverse as well, it's got islands, a volcano, a sea, desert, etc.
Old August 11th, 2012 (05:22 PM). Edited August 11th, 2012 by The_Original_Raitan.
West Side

Quote originally posted by -DeepImpact-:

HOENN!! Hoenn is my favorite region cause Emerald was my first game and it brings back memories. And it's pretty diverse as well, it's got islands, a volcano, a sea, desert, etc.
That's also one of my many reasons for Hoenn lol. I also like Kanto/Johto, and occasionally when I feel like it, a Sinnoh. The only reason I don't do Unova roleplays is because of the pokemon. I love the cities, the feelings, and how metropolistic it is, but I just cannot stand the Pokemon. d:
Old August 11th, 2012 (08:07 PM).
«Dual Wield» User
Crystal Tier

Nature: Bashful
Which region do you like to be in the most for roleplays?

I believe that would be Hoenn, since I know it best than other regions. The Latias there is awesome!

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links