Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner
Reload this Page Roleplay Discussion Thread

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old August 18th, 2012 (05:17 PM).
The Arianator

Nature: Sassy
Quote originally posted by Skymin:
I think my favourite thing is that everyone who has replied to The Mega Champion has started or almost started their sentence with "dude".
Dude I noticed that too. But I only used it because the word dude has been on my mind a lot recently. Like who made that word? My grandpa told me it used to mean "man from the city"

Err yeah.

Mr. Aladdin sir! Have a wish or two or three!
Old August 18th, 2012 (05:19 PM).
One cool snowman

Nature: Relaxed
I think my favourite thing is that everyone who has replied to The Mega Champion has started or almost started their sentence with "dude".
That is pretty funny actually. But it would be even more funny if people would've gone all Prinny on him and replied with "d00d" instead. But that's just my idea.
Old August 18th, 2012 (05:31 PM).
All Men Must Die.

Nature: Calm
Ah, it's the tiniest details that our mod notices d:

ANYWAYS GOOD NEWS I finally set up the wiki. Even though its in such a rough state that it can't even be called a wiki. There's a few rules in the front page but remember if this work everything there will be reworked!

Follow this link to the wiki:-

http://pokecommunityroleplaycorner.wikia.com

If anybody wants to suggest anything, feel free to flood me with PMs. Anything about changing the design, font, colors, etc. please tell me. Remember I'm still very new to this thing as well so please go easy on me lol ;;

Also I worked around a bit with a few features and added a badge system to the wiki. I'll talk with Skymin to possibly add a little Emblems system as a reward for contributing, to encourage people to work on the wiki. Let's see what happens.

UNTIL THEN GO GO PEOPLE SO WHATEVER YOU WANT TO DO!
Old August 18th, 2012 (05:44 PM).
Grant me the power of revolution!
Gold Tier

I'd say we need some sort of background for now. I do like the current one, nice and simple as it is, but it would be nice for us to have a background that represents the PCRC in most of its entirety.
Old August 18th, 2012 (05:47 PM).
Pokemon Bard

In other news -

Wiki looks interesting! Will be good to see how it evolves!

^ R a c h e l ^

''You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark, I was born into it, moulded by it.
I didn't see the light until I was already a man, and by then it was nothing to me but blinding
''

Twitter | Facebook
Old August 18th, 2012 (08:02 PM).
Sylveon

Nature: Lonely
So I've got an idea for an rp it's gonna be kind of a mix between Pokemon Conquest and the Percy Jackson Series here's the info I'm going to share, any other info well you'll have to wait til I submit the rp.

Basically it revolves around the rise of the titans, the character you play is the son/daughter of a Greek god/goddess and they have a Pokemon link that corresponds with their godly parent. An easy example would be if your father is Zeus your Pokemon link would be an Electric Type like Pikachu or Emolga. Ultimately the whole idea would be to defeat all of the titans and ultimately save the world with plot twists.
Old August 18th, 2012 (08:30 PM). Edited August 18th, 2012 by Baker's Bulbasaur.
Pokemon Bard

Quote originally posted by ~Genevieve~:
So I've got an idea for an rp :) it's gonna be kind of a mix between Pokemon Conquest and the Percy Jackson Series here's the info I'm going to share, any other info well you'll have to wait til I submit the rp.

Basically it revolves around the rise of the titans, the character you play is the son/daughter of a Greek god/goddess and they have a Pokemon link that corresponds with their godly parent. An easy example would be if your father is Zeus your Pokemon link would be an Electric Type like Pikachu or Emolga. Ultimately the whole idea would be to defeat all of the titans and ultimately save the world with plot twists.
Sounds awesome!
I love those sort of mythologies =)

Dibs on Loki and Zorua ^_^

^ R a c h e l ^

''You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark, I was born into it, moulded by it.
I didn't see the light until I was already a man, and by then it was nothing to me but blinding
''

Twitter | Facebook
Old August 18th, 2012 (08:41 PM).
Sylveon

Nature: Lonely
Quote originally posted by Baker's Bulbasaur:
Sounds awesome!
I love those sort of mythologies =)

Dibs on Loki and Zorua
Thanks and the Gods/Godesses would be Zeus, Poseidon, etc only the greek ones, but I'm using all 14 of the main ones.
Old August 18th, 2012 (09:02 PM). Edited August 18th, 2012 by Baker's Bulbasaur.
Pokemon Bard

Thanks :) and the Gods/Godesses would be Zeus, Poseidon, etc only the greek ones, but I'm using all 14 of the main ones.
Ahh I seeeeee

Well being a singer Apollo would be my choice!

But I hate Jigglypuff.... xD

Looking forward to seeing this up!

^ R a c h e l ^

''

Twitter | Facebook
Old August 18th, 2012 (09:25 PM).
Que sera sera~

Nature: Naive
Ahh I seeeeee

I'm sure that Exploud could be taught to sing.
Old August 18th, 2012 (10:14 PM).
It was justified

We're in crunch time now. A reminder to everyone that you have a little less than a week to complete all RPO posts! Good luck to everyone in this final week of the Roleplay Olympics!

Paired with the Epic Raikiri
Old August 18th, 2012 (11:52 PM).
part time demon hunter
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by -DeepImpact-:
ANYWAYS GOOD NEWS I finally set up the wiki. Even though its in such a rough state that it can't even be called a wiki. There's a few rules in the front page but remember if this work everything there will be reworked!

If anybody wants to suggest anything, feel free to flood me with PMs. Anything about changing the design, font, colors, etc. please tell me. Remember I'm still very new to this thing as well so please go easy on me lol ;;
If I have any requests, it's that one; you admin the user "maddytheskymin" and two that perhaps, if you can, change the URL to just roleplaycorner because typing that all out usually is omg

And oh god RPOs GET ON IT PEOPLE. (including myself)

I'll add Atlantis and Pandora to the wiki later on
Old August 19th, 2012 (09:50 AM).
All Men Must Die.

So I've got an idea for an rp :) it's gonna be kind of a mix between Pokemon Conquest and the Percy Jackson Series here's the info I'm going to share, any other info well you'll have to wait til I submit the rp.

I actually had a similar idea when I quit RPing, but it was very different. The only thing it had in common with this RP was that it was a mash-up of the concept of Pokemon and Percy Jackson, in a very different way.

For a few things that the wiki could do with, like machomuu said, is a background, a good graphic for the header, and an icon that is located right beside the name of the wiki on the tabs. If anybody wants to give me any one of those feel free to shoot me a PM. :]
Old August 20th, 2012 (12:51 PM).
Gold Tier

I'll start lending my services as a grammar cop to the wiki as of today. I try not to cop the forums because it comes off as being a narcissistic or perfectionist jerk and ends up making people feel bad (and I'm not always correct in my deductions), but on the wiki I can run wild.

Thank you, -DeepImpact-, for this opportunity.
Old August 20th, 2012 (01:51 PM).
One cool snowman

Well I think that the Wiki looks great! Aside from the fact that I'm too stupid to know how to edit it.

And machomuu, I do not mind getting corrected on mistakes in what I write. I think it helps me improve as a citizen and eventual slaughterlamb of whatever gods there exists. However, I do mind you to go a slight bit easy on me since English ain't mah native language ya' kno!
Old August 21st, 2012 (09:57 AM).
millionaires
CS

Nature: Brave
Oh wow! A Wiki for the RP Corner! I'll be sure to add in my characters when I have free time. :D

I'll pester Swifty later to add SS Anne :D
Old August 21st, 2012 (10:47 AM).
Glorious Strategist

Quick question, I searched around a bit and couldn't find much about RP's that aren't based on pokemon. Also, is there much interest in sci-fi/fantasy based RP's? I have a story I have been writing for awhile now that I would love to share here, but I wanted to gauge the interest level and see if this is the right place for such a game.

Currently RP'ing:
Time & Space as Salias Grey
Pokemon Fallout as Alex Rouse (Crobat)
Hoenn ReBURST as Isla V.T.

Current Challenges:
Nuzlocke - Black
Old August 21st, 2012 (10:57 AM).
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by ytfeL:
Quick question, I searched around a bit and couldn't find much about RP's that aren't based on pokemon. Also, is there much interest in sci-fi/fantasy based RP's? I have a story I have been writing for awhile now that I would love to share here, but I wanted to gauge the interest level and see if this is the right place for such a game.
Trust me, the PC community is very open to non-Pokemon RPs, and there are quite a few of them out there, but it just so happens that most of them are currently inactive.
Old August 21st, 2012 (11:00 AM).
I'm back!

Location: Standing at the edge of the world! Thinking let's jump off!
Quote originally posted by ytfeL:
Not all RPs on the site are Pokemon based, though most tend to be. A small number are non Pokemon RPs, Atlantis Arising, CHECKMATE and Hyrus to name a few.

Also if you post more information about your RP idea I'm sure people would let you know if they are interested and maybe even provide feedback for you.
Old August 21st, 2012 (01:23 PM).
Gold Tier

Also, Youkai Academy is supposedly getting remade (See Youkai), which I'm excited for.
Old August 21st, 2012 (01:36 PM).
Here's to the crazy ones.

Nature: Sassy
As others have said, the community (from what I've seen) is very open to non-poke RPs. I know you asked about Sci-fi, I love Sci-fi RPs. I used to take part in a few of them off this site.

Now, to go get my Pokemon conquest + King Arthur / Game of Thrones + Temeraire = ? RP finished...
Old August 21st, 2012 (04:29 PM).
Glorious Strategist

Quote originally posted by Claire*:
As others have said, the community (from what I've seen) is very open to non-poke RPs. I know you asked about Sci-fi, I love Sci-fi RPs. I used to take part in a few of them off this site.

Now, to go get my Pokemon conquest + King Arthur / Game of Thrones + Temeraire = ? RP finished...

Hurry up and finish that RP! I will reserve a spot right now, you just listed nearly all of my fav things.

Thanks for the replies everyone. And to give you a short version, its a game set in the fantasy world of Aarklash, namely the city of Cadwallon. The universe if based off of the one used in an old table top game that died off back in '06 but I am still a huge fan of it. Humans, orcs, guns, magic, wolfen, minotaurs, you name it this world probably has it.

The setting for the game would be mercenary companies known as "Free leagues" or the more infamous "Dogs of War". Without giving the story away in its entirety, you would lead or become a member of a team and fight for glory and honor, or maybe just for coin or another day alive. Lots of customization as far as your character is concerned with abilities and powers, and it will have a story to back it up and not just be all about fighting, but more so WHY you are fighting.

Currently RP'ing:

Current Challenges:
Nuzlocke - Black
Old August 21st, 2012 (04:55 PM).
Gold Tier

^Bringing a Tabletop RPG (if it is one) to the Roleplay Corner? I like it. I really hope you start it, because I'm definitely interested.
Old August 21st, 2012 (05:17 PM).
A Glitch in the System

Quote originally posted by Lt. Col. Fantastic:
Dude I noticed that too. But I only used it because the word dude has been on my mind a lot recently. Like who made that word? My grandpa told me it used to mean "man from the city"

Err yeah.
Dude no way I say dude all of the time, dude. So what's the issue with saying dude, dude?

Quote originally posted by -DeepImpact-:
Ah, it's the tiniest details that our mod notices d:

Also I worked around a bit with a few features and added a badge system to the wiki. I'll talk with Skymin to possibly add a little Emblems system as a reward for contributing, to encourage people to work on the wiki. Let's see what happens.

UNTIL THEN GO GO PEOPLE SO WHATEVER YOU WANT TO DO!
I'll get myself situated there, make pages for my characters, and I'll make the page for Sacred Fire/Divine Water, and ask the members to put in their pages.

Ahh I seeeeee

Hm... I have an idea, but then I'd need the singer too...

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old August 21st, 2012 (05:35 PM).
Glorious Strategist

@machomuu: Thanks :] I will most likely do a mini write up of what the opening post of the thread would look like and see who is interested before posting the real one to get approved. Since it is a bit more team oriented I imagine having a few people in the game as it starts will help speed up the process. But I am prepared to even make it where all of the players might be in the same league, or maybe just all arrived in the city with the hopes of joining one. Who knows, I have plenty of options though

Currently RP'ing:

Current Challenges:
Nuzlocke - Black
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links