The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 16th, 2012 (02:47 PM).
machomuu
Master Spark is Comin' to Town
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I'd really be interested in any Shin Megami Tensei RP, pretty much any continuity has great potential. I could see a Persona one being the most likely, as a good chunk of PCs RP community likes playing as teens and high schoolers (I'd have nothing against it, Persona 4 is in my top 5 video games), but I'd be interested in another game, as well.

Actually, I just got an idea for a Devil Survivor 2 RP (2 specifically). Maybe one 'a these days I'll make my own RP. The idea for a short Ace Attorney RP has been in my head for a while.
Old October 17th, 2012 (01:14 AM).
NV
Dracon Leader

Location: In my own little world, taking potshots at your little world.
Nature: Quirky
Okay I'm slowly returning to the Pokemon craze, and as I'm working on restoring my resources for Pokemon X I realize there's no way I can do it all by myself. It's nearly as complex as the games due to the amount of elements I'm incorporating.
Spriting, NPC Construction, Mechanics, Even the battle system need work done on it.
And If my hard-drive dies again or my computer bluescreens before I save my work, I'll have to start a large chunk of it over again.
So before I even consider restarting Spectrum Islands. I'll have to get some people to help me finish the resources and later assist in GMing the RP.
I need people who have free access to an up to date PC and are somewhat decent in using the new version of paint.
It also might help if you have alot of free time.
I don't need many sprites made, but I do need to finish the reference charts.

PM me for info about this project.

Old October 17th, 2012 (01:26 AM).
Adventure

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by NV View Post
Okay I'm slowly returning to the Pokemon craze, and as I'm working on restoring my resources for Pokemon X I realize there's no way I can do it all by myself. It's nearly as complex as the games due to the amount of elements I'm incorporating.
Spriting, NPC Construction, Mechanics, Even the battle system need work done on it.
And If my hard-drive dies again or my computer bluescreens before I save my work, I'll have to start a large chunk of it over again.
So before I even consider restarting Spectrum Islands. I'll have to get some people to help me finish the resources and later assist in GMing the RP.
I need people who have free access to an up to date PC and are somewhat decent in using the new version of paint.
It also might help if you have alot of free time.
I don't need many sprites made, but I do need to finish the reference charts.
Are you saying that you need people to help you with stuff for an RP?

to think you were once a stranger
and every day with you an adventure

Old October 17th, 2012 (01:44 AM).
NV
Dracon Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
Are you saying that you need people to help you with stuff for an RP?
Yeah. Why? Was I not making that clear?

Old October 17th, 2012 (04:43 AM).
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Kinda sounds like you need help with a hack/emulated game. d:
Old October 17th, 2012 (06:43 AM).
Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skymin View Post
Kinda sounds like you need help with a hack/emulated game. d:
Yeah ^^

Most RPs here don't use sprites much. But some kind of graphics sure can make a RP look more delicious and fun!

Old October 17th, 2012 (07:41 AM).
NV
Dracon Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
Yeah

Most RPs here don't use sprites much. But some kind of graphics sure can make a RP look more delicious and fun!
thats the Idea
That And I always accompany RPs with sprites (along with links to youtube videos for music) to give the full experience.
I would have made it a game, but then I don't get to see the players reactions to every twist in the story.

Old October 19th, 2012 (03:46 PM).
Pppgggr
Cheese, for everyone!

Nature: Calm
Hey guys, a roleplay of mine was recently accepted and not many people have shown interest just yet. It takes place during a zombie apocalypse in Kanto. You can find it here

We need a few more members before I try and put up the IC thread.
Old October 23rd, 2012 (10:48 AM).
Adventure

Let's live this thread up with a question:

Do you think it's important to make the first post of a RP look good?

With the first post, I mean the one where the plot and rules and all are.

Old October 23rd, 2012 (11:20 AM).
Claire*
Here's to the crazy ones.

Nature: Sassy
Do you think it's important to make the first post of a RP look good?

I think it has its place, but I'll never judge a RP and its potential based on prettiness. I will, however, eliminate a RP from my interest if the first post is illegible and looks like no effort was put into formatting at all. That said, I don't need fancy CSS, pictures or whatever to garner my interest. It's all about plot and potential.
Old October 23rd, 2012 (11:39 AM).
machomuu
Community Supporter

While I don't think presentation is vital, it definitely will sway the attention of most RPers. Generally, while I may be more enticed to read through a nice looking RP opening post, I do think that plot and features are most important, and I won't completely turn down an average or poorly organized RP.
Old October 23rd, 2012 (12:05 PM).
Adventure

Thinking about it, I think that I'm a little more likely to join a RP that looks delicious in the first post, or in the GM's posts like when presenting chapters and such. It's because often, an elegant looking first post is coupled with elegantly written plot and language.

Not always, of course! There are many RPs that don't bother with formatting the first post (or any post) at all and still are amazingly well written. And I guess there have been RPs with gorgeous first posts but mediocre text xD At some point.

Old October 23rd, 2012 (01:06 PM).
<Challenger>
Stay Dandy, baby.

Nature: Jolly
I apologize for the inactivity, everyone. I'll get caught up as soon as possible.
Old October 23rd, 2012 (01:17 PM).
Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by heretostay123 View Post
I apologize for the inactivity, everyone. I'll get caught up as soon as possible.
Are you in... 14 roleplays? That's amazing, but it wouldn't be strange if you would become relatively inactive once in a while. I could never keep up with that many. I'm in three at the moment, a number that I'm quite content with.

Old October 23rd, 2012 (03:56 PM).
Dusk
Fighting to Renew my Past...

Nature: Lonely
It's come to my attention that there is an OOC thread in the corner and not the lounge.

I'M TRIPPING OUT MANNNNNN

Old October 25th, 2012 (01:29 PM).
Nideous
The world refused to change...

Nature: Gentle
Oh my god, I left this site several months ago, and when I return, PTA is still going!? That RP had started before I oined nearly two years ago, and it is still going? Amazing.

In other news, what's up?

RIANBOW SPADE! (My answer to everything. )
Old October 25th, 2012 (01:37 PM).
Adventure

Hi Nideous, welcome back! Of course, PTA will surely stand until Marin robosplodes passes away. Have you come back to join RPs again?

In other news, I want to make a new RP where I'm not a player, but just the GM. After testing a million several different approaches, I think that is how I like it. For now. I have a few ideas.

Homestuck/Pokémon crossover (pretty deep stuff for the story here)

Sword Art Online/Pokémon crossover (maybe too much to keep track on but could be really fun)

Reboot of Pokémon VR: Game of Chance (probably with SAO-like influences, several characters per player and not in Kanto lol)

The third idea is the one I have most solid ideas for atm.

Old October 25th, 2012 (02:00 PM).
Nideous

Of course. You can't keep a fossil like me away. x3 And Yellow is still GMing PTA? Wow, she's talented. Anyone else I know around?

And I have no idea what any of those ideas are. But I'd go with the third one if you are best prepared for it.

Old October 25th, 2012 (02:11 PM).
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
@Nideous: Glad to see my brother back in the picture! :D

@Red: I'm itching more to the second idea of Sword Art Online. It'd be cool to RP like in a game. I do hope you make an RP soon, I'm only in one & I need to join a new RP for my tastes.

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Old October 25th, 2012 (02:53 PM).
machomuu
Community Supporter

Speaking of Sword Art Online, I'd definitely like to see an ALO idea, and more, I'd love to see a The World R:2/Dot Hack GU RP, but I always felt that Dot Hack was too far under the radar to be known to the masses.
Old October 25th, 2012 (03:27 PM). Edited October 25th, 2012 by <Challenger>.
<Challenger>
Stay Dandy, baby.

Nature: Jolly
Well...It seems that over half the roleplays I've joined over my career have either died or have been restarted or such and I was one freaking day late. Are there any new rp's that I could join?

Hey Red, I do believe that I'm in single digits. Lol. I think three are still going. Lets' see: Odyssey, PTA, Earth and Sky. Three. 11 have died.
Old October 25th, 2012 (03:43 PM).
Nideous

Hey Bro! Good to see you! Hope to be RPing with you guys soon!

Old October 25th, 2012 (03:46 PM).
PkMnTrainer Yellow
Pokemon Professor / RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
@Red: I'm sorry, what?~

@Nideous: Not only that, but I deliberately didn't remove you from the list. You're still with us!~ Glad to see you back. And yes. I'm still here and PTA is still going, albeit my ability to enjoy. Unfortunately the situation has become a worst-case scenario and I've been left with the options of give up or wait it out. Regardless. I'm glad to have you back!~ You came back just to watch is continue to creep towards 9001 posts.
Old October 25th, 2012 (04:09 PM).
Nideous

Eh? What's going on with the RP? I'd like to help if possible. You can tell me via PM or VM if you would like to talk about it.

Old October 25th, 2012 (04:18 PM).
Aques Keus
Swaggins
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by heretostay123 View Post
Well...It seems that over half the roleplays I've joined over my career have either died or have been restarted or such and I was one freaking day late. Are there any new rp's that I could join?

Hey Red, I do believe that I'm in single digits. Lol. I think three are still going. Lets' see: Odyssey, PTA, Earth and Sky. Three. 11 have died.
My RP peacekeepers academy is still (barely) alive, but it is new.

Frio & Elise || Jayce & Jayce 2
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links