The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 16th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Aques Keus
Swaggins
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Yea I was going to have after the events of the Anime because I wanted a different story, without Kanade as the antagonist. Also I didn't want any of the characters from the original in it.

Also although the anime should end, it may never get to that point, and I'd much rather have the present thought of than the future. Although there will be moving on, and I would encourage participants to maybe go for that.

Frio & Elise || Jayce & Jayce 2
Old November 17th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Zero Darkness
The Cripple Who Is Whole

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zero Darkness
I want to remake a Bleach RP I tried to make but died fast, I`m looking for a co-GM because it seems that the one I worked with isn`t active much. If you want to help me contact me in skype or PM

P.S. It is preaty much build up, but I have some changes so whoever wants to help me will be able to change things with me also.
"There are two types of fights. Whenever we are in battle, we must be one of the two. The fight for life or…the fight for pride! Right now…He is fighting for his pride! His wife’s pride…his men's pride…Most importantly…his own personal pride. Dismiss this as his stubbornness…and let him fight alone like this…" -Jushiro Ukitake, Bleach-

"It's meaningless to just live, it's meaningless to just fight. I want to win!" -Ichigo Kurosaki, Bleach-
Old November 17th, 2012, 01:36 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

This isn't technically RP related, but it may be helpful for those that want to know some more about Pokemon that isn't explicitly explained (or explained at all) in the games. Some of it we already knew and some of it is confirmation, but the reason I post it here is because GMs and RPers can use it in their own roleplays so that they don't set off the canon. It's an interview between Game Informer and Junichi Masuda, the producer of the pokemon games.

Spoiler:

If you guys want a clearer, better picture, I could try to reupload and touch it up is PS, but I'd rather not have to bend my copy of GI anymore ;_;
Old November 17th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Aques Keus
Swaggins
Community Supporter

Love the last answer, "If it were me, I would think about moving somewhere else definitely."

Old November 17th, 2012, 04:05 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Nature: Hardy
Please note that the neither Mr. Masuda or Mr. Unno are necessarily qualified to be answering many of the questions in the article Machomuu just uploaded. They can offer some neat insight, but ultimately their roles in Game Freak don't put them in great positions to answer many of these. Masuda himself demonstrably respects this fact, as can be observed by the way he words his responses. (He tends to not phrase his answers as facts but rather opinions, using words like guess, probably. Sometimes he doesn't actually answer the question at all because he knows he can't.)
Old November 18th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Zero Darkness
The Cripple Who Is Whole

Send a message via Skype™ to Zero Darkness
I want to do a very imaginable RP, it talks about altering our reality, basicly imagination that comes true. I need somone to co-GM with me because I hate to work alone [It`s boring] so if anyone wants to do this with me contact me in skype or PM, I`ll explain more if you will contact me.
"There are two types of fights. Whenever we are in battle, we must be one of the two. The fight for life or…the fight for pride! Right now…He is fighting for his pride! His wife’s pride…his men's pride…Most importantly…his own personal pride. Dismiss this as his stubbornness…and let him fight alone like this…" -Jushiro Ukitake, Bleach-

"It's meaningless to just live, it's meaningless to just fight. I want to win!" -Ichigo Kurosaki, Bleach-
Old November 18th, 2012, 03:36 PM
drunk ¬_¬
Inebriated Baby

Nature: Naughty
I'm also thinking of putting up a RP by/on Thanksgiving. So if anyone's interested in Co-GMing, let me know:
Anyways, it's a story set in Westeros (from a Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones), at the time before Aegon's Landing.
(So somewhere around 300 years ago when there were more than seven kingdoms).

It'll be pretty sandbox-y, except that instead of controlling a single character, you'd be in control of several characters from one House, scheming and paving the way for the longevity of your line, and the downfall of your enemies.

I can provide more details if you're curious.
EDIT: I may have just changed my mind about the story, but still: it'll be GoT-related.

Last edited by drunk ¬_¬; November 18th, 2012 at 03:46 PM.
Old November 18th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I'm interested in starting a RP in a similar vein to Arcana Famiglia (info) where effectively the players would each have a 'contract' with a different Arcana card giving them the 'power' related to that card (eg reading someone's heart, causing instant death, invisibility, etc), but I'm not sure how many people would be interested in this since it's not a hugely popular anime. It wouldn't be based on the anime other than there being an Arcana Famiglia with each member having one of the Arcana powers, so it's not vital to have watched it by any means. There'll be around 10 characters accepted (including one of mine) unless there's unexpectedly high levels of interest in the RP and there'll be a relatively free choice when it comes to choosing which card the player's contract is with, but each card will have a pre-designated effect that'll be posted before sign-ups start. Effectively the story could work in one of four ways (to be decided later):
  1. One universal boss-type enemy that threatens the family's safety and they must work together to stop it.
  2. There is a competition or tournament that the players are entering for the title of 'Papa' (head of the family) and The World card.
  3. A war within the family where various family members fight each other.
  4. Several smaller missions/events occurring in a sandboxy manner (much like in the anime).
So two questions really; would anyone want to join a RP themed around this concept of Arcana powers and which story progression would you prefer to play? I've already decided which it'll probably be, but feedback is very useful. :)

Also a co-GM may be useful at some point, but for now I'm planning to GM solo unless anyone is exceptionally interested in helping haha.

Last edited by Major Ziggs; November 18th, 2012 at 04:57 PM.
Old November 18th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Aques Keus
Swaggins
Community Supporter

So many RPs, I must say that Alex seems the most appealing, so I'd join that one

Old November 18th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Sweet_Dreams
i is a gud righter

Nature: Mild
Quote:
So two questions really; would anyone want to join a RP themed around this concept of Arcana powers and which story progression would you prefer to play?
Personally, I'd prefer the first one with a universal boss-type villain or problem. That's just me being old-fashioned, though. I have the least interest in tournament-type things, but plenty of other people like that kind of RP.

The other RPs do sound interesting, though. I really need to get around to reading Game of Thrones, dammit. I've been meaning to for such a long time. >.>
Old November 18th, 2012, 06:00 PM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Dreams View Post
Personally, I'd prefer the first one with a universal boss-type villain or problem. That's just me being old-fashioned, though. I have the least interest in tournament-type things, but plenty of other people like that kind of RP. ^^
How about combining them so there's a universal boss-type thing which forms the main story, then afterwards there's the tournament as a kind of "who grew the most" sort of thing to wrap it up? Sort of like the cool bonus level when you've completed a game... Would that be more appealing? :3
Old November 18th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Vintage Arachnid
What? Retro Bug is evolving!
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Vintage Arachnid
Ozzy, I've been wondering where your av/sig set came from! I'm guess it's from this anime/manga/game. Ahaha.

Also, I'm very much interested in this roleplay. Though, I do prefer a universal boss over a tournament style boss. I'm willing to take interest either way you decide to do and I was reading the wiki link you provided and for the "Papa" seat it says something about a male taking over the seat. Does this mean we're only allowed to play as males or...?

CONGRATULATIONS!
YOUR RETRO BUG EVOLVED INTO VINTAGE ARACHNID!
Old November 18th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Manganum
Your local sine wave

Nature: Calm
Anyone interested in participating in a medieval-style Pokemon roleplay? I'm quite proud of the world I've designed, and I think the story seems decent so far. It's going to be sandbox-style with an ultimate objective still in mind. As part of a task force investigating an assassination, you'll be led all across the region I've created, searching for answers and uncovering an ancient evil! I'm drawing on some minor inspiration found in media such as The Elder Scrolls, Lord of the Rings, Sword Art Online, et cetera. For example, your character will have a "class", but will not necessarily be restricted to only using a certain weapon or having particular skills. Giratina more-or-less takes on an Alduin-like role, reviving big bad enemies for the characters to deal with. I'm also thinking of incorporating the concept of a "capture quota" - basically, in every area, each available Pokemon will be split into Rare, Uncommon and Common tiers. Rares will cost two points, Uncommons one point, and Commons will be unlimited. In every chapter, a character will be granted a certain amount of points to spend as they see fit. This will basically eliminate the whole "I want to encounter [x Pokemon], but it's too overpowered!", leaving it completely up to the roleplayer.

I'm rambling. Anyone got some input? I'm trying to decide whether to include the "class" thing at all, but I still want to keep an MMO sandbox-type feel to it, while maintaining the more mature themes of battle and such.

The Music

Pendulum - The Terminal
Danny Byrd - Ill Behavior
Netsky - Love Has Gone

The Projects

Unnamed DnB project
Composition for rehearsals

The Inspiration

Pendulum
Blackmill
Enter Shikari

Old November 18th, 2012, 06:49 PM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro Bug View Post
Also, I'm very much interested in this roleplay. Though, I do prefer a universal boss over a tournament style boss.
I was thinking more that it'd be a universal boss styled RP with a small tournament thrown in at the end, but right near the start there'll be an announcement/meeting in which it's declared that a new Papa must be found so that idea will always be lurking in the background whilst the boss-entity is being dealt with. It'd be sort of like a mini-game after you've completed the main game where players test how far they've come and a 'winner' of sorts emerges, if that makes sense? But that's something that can easily be decided nearer the time when the RP is coming close to completion and the boss is nearing defeat (which will be a loooonnnngggg way away haha), but I think it'll definitely follow a universal boss format now after all the comments. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro Bug View Post
I'm willing to take interest either way you decide to do and I was reading the wiki link you provided and for the "Papa" seat it says something about a male taking over the seat. Does this mean we're only allowed to play as males or...?
That is a slight problem, but the prize is mainly The World card as opposed to becoming the new Papa. The World card is the most powerful of all and controls the other cards, so the bearer is effectively in charge of all the other members of the famiglia; the title of 'Papa' is just for show haha. If a girl wins, they'll just become 'Mama' instead but still take the card :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manganum View Post
Spoiler:
Anyone interested in participating in a medieval-style Pokemon roleplay? ;) I'm quite proud of the world I've designed, and I think the story seems decent so far. It's going to be sandbox-style with an ultimate objective still in mind. As part of a task force investigating an assassination, you'll be led all across the region I've created, searching for answers and uncovering an ancient evil! I'm drawing on some minor inspiration found in media such as The Elder Scrolls, Lord of the Rings, Sword Art Online, et cetera. For example, your character will have a "class", but will not necessarily be restricted to only using a certain weapon or having particular skills. Giratina more-or-less takes on an Alduin-like role, reviving big bad enemies for the characters to deal with. I'm also thinking of incorporating the concept of a "capture quota" - basically, in every area, each available Pokemon will be split into Rare, Uncommon and Common tiers. Rares will cost two points, Uncommons one point, and Commons will be unlimited. In every chapter, a character will be granted a certain amount of points to spend as they see fit. This will basically eliminate the whole "I want to encounter [x Pokemon], but it's too overpowered!", leaving it completely up to the roleplayer.

I'm rambling. :( Anyone got some input? I'm trying to decide whether to include the "class" thing at all, but I still want to keep an MMO sandbox-type feel to it, while maintaining the more mature themes of battle and such.
This is sounding really confusing... xD I love how you've taken elements from lots of different areas, it's a really cool idea so far, I just hope it's a bit easier to follow when it's finished haha. A medieval-style Pokémon roleplay sounds awesome though, I'd certainly be interested in that!
Old November 18th, 2012, 07:04 PM
Manganum
Your local sine wave

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post
This is sounding really confusing... xD I love how you've taken elements from lots of different areas, it's a really cool idea so far, I just hope it's a bit easier to follow when it's finished haha. A medieval-style Pokémon roleplay sounds awesome though, I'd certainly be interested in that!
Yeah, I probably won't implement the capture quotas and classes... The story is pretty in-depth as it is, but it's not too confusing; You're basically a knight/soldier/archer/whatever who happens to live in a world with Pokemon You travel the continent, just doing what heroes generally do, thwarting ancient evils etc. - a day in the life! There's also a big backstory about the war that's going on, several minor antagonists, legends surrounding Arceus and the creation trio... It could fail horribly, but who knows? Maybe the accumulation of brain spray that exploded all over my computer could form a cohesive plot :D I'd love for you to check it out when it's up; look for "Pokémon: Aether's Edge"
Old November 19th, 2012, 07:55 AM
銀ヤミ
Fighting to Renew my Past...

Nature: Lonely
Hmm... There's such a swarm of new Roleplays in the works... I might hold up on my PokeZombie-ish kind of Roleplay.

Old November 19th, 2012, 08:29 AM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance
Best of all, school is almost over, so by December we'll have a ton of roleplays open and a lot of roleplayers free to roleplay. :D

By then I should have my SSBB roleplay up ^__^

DARRELL WALLACE JR.
mudsummer classic 2014 winner | eldora speedway, ohio | july 23, 2014
moderator of fan clubs & groups | battle server moderator

[22:39] ★srinator: ur sig would become so much more better with my name on it
Shining Armour
Old November 19th, 2012, 07:54 PM
<Challenger>
Wake me when you need me.

Nature: Jolly
Hello everyone. My wifi is finally back on. I will catch up on my posts tomorrow. Sorry about going a-wol.
Old November 19th, 2012, 08:14 PM
OrangeNess
Layton Lover

Nature: Docile
Would anyone be interested in a Professor Layton-esque roleplay? I've got a very good idea for one.
Old November 20th, 2012, 06:17 AM
Frazzevous
I wanna build a snowman~
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Bashful
Quote:
Spoiler:
I'm interested in starting a RP in a similar vein to Arcana Famiglia (info) where effectively the players would each have a 'contract' with a different Arcana card giving them the 'power' related to that card (eg reading someone's heart, causing instant death, invisibility, etc), but I'm not sure how many people would be interested in this since it's not a hugely popular anime. It wouldn't be based on the anime other than there being an Arcana Famiglia with each member having one of the Arcana powers, so it's not vital to have watched it by any means. There'll be around 10 characters accepted (including one of mine) unless there's unexpectedly high levels of interest in the RP and there'll be a relatively free choice when it comes to choosing which card the player's contract is with, but each card will have a pre-designated effect that'll be posted before sign-ups start. Effectively the story could work in one of four ways (to be decided later):
  1. One universal boss-type enemy that threatens the family's safety and they must work together to stop it.
  2. There is a competition or tournament that the players are entering for the title of 'Papa' (head of the family) and The World card.
  3. A war within the family where various family members fight each other.
  4. Several smaller missions/events occurring in a sandboxy manner (much like in the anime).
So two questions really; would anyone want to join a RP themed around this concept of Arcana powers and which story progression would you prefer to play? I've already decided which it'll probably be, but feedback is very useful. :)

Also a co-GM may be useful at some point, but for now I'm planning to GM solo unless anyone is exceptionally interested in helping haha.
Whenever I see/read, Arcana, I swear I automatically link it to Persona... but I guess that isn't the only one that makes use of the concept of Tarot cards 'n' stuff. Anyway, now that I've looked and read a little on Famiglia's wiki page, I must say that I'm definitely interested. :D
Aaand I'd also prefer the first option, since it somehow reminds me of the game that I just mentioned. That, and I get the feeling that it'd be the most fun. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeNess View Post
Would anyone be interested in a Professor Layton-esque roleplay? I've got a very good idea for one.
I would be. I'm quite fond of that game. :3
Old November 20th, 2012, 06:38 AM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkittishHeart View Post
Whenever I see/read, Arcana, I swear I automatically link it to Persona... but I guess that isn't the only one that makes use of the concept of Tarot cards 'n' stuff. Anyway, now that I've looked and read a little on Famiglia's wiki page, I must say that I'm definitely interested. :D
Aaand I'd also prefer the first option, since it somehow reminds me of the game that I just mentioned. That, and I get the feeling that it'd be the most fun. :3
The OOC thread is actually finished now (still needs to be made pretty though!), so it'll be posted soon-ish once I've had a few proof readers c: I'm just hoping people aren't put off but the fact it's from an anime, especially a relatively unknown one, even if you don't have to watch it to take part... Went with the "universal boss" idea though since that's what everyone seems to prefer :D
Old November 20th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Aques Keus
Swaggins
Community Supporter

If it is of any importance or convenience to anyone, I am willing to Co-GM any RP.
I have plenty of time to do things such as SUs and reading over posts, also I work from my iPad, phone, and computer (everything is connected as well through a Dropbox/thumb drive) and I am constantly checking the forums. (The reason for my free time is usually because I finish homework in less than an hour at most.) If you need proof, just look at the time between someone interacting with me and my response, at most it is a day to think it over.

I have decent SU writing skills, only one has ever been declined, and I can tell one that is just not going to cut it. I don't necessarily have to do anything other than check SUs and maybe answer questions.

Old November 20th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Vato
This Is Our Last Goodbye

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
How would it work? I understand that the Professor Layton series involves solving lots of puzzles of increasing difficulty. How would you implement these? And about the story?

A Professor Layton RP is something I'm definitely interested in, and it would be interesting to see how you would make it work out

FC [B2]: 0992 1015 0443
VM/PM me whenever you feel like trading/kicking my butt on a battle
Old November 20th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vato View Post
How would it work? I understand that the Professor Layton series involves solving lots of puzzles of increasing difficulty. How would you implement these? And about the story?

A Professor Layton RP is something I'm definitely interested in, and it would be interesting to see how you would make it work out :)
Agreed. It would be interesting to see how it would work. I know puzzles in RPs (I tried them in pandora and I tried them in my twewy RP) don't seem to go very smoothly as people sometimes aren't as bright or are too smart d;

Also, I like to think there a certain... Formula for RPs working that are based off series. You have to think like this; is the series dependant on the one character or could this happen to anyone? In professor laytons case, it's very much dependant on him, as he is the professor! Same with games like zelda or shows like avatar. Story lines specific to one specific person usually have a hard time working as a RP.

Something like Pokemon though, or basically any RPG game, the events are usually a instance of "right place right time".
Old November 20th, 2012, 05:46 PM
Sweet_Dreams
i is a gud righter

Nature: Mild
Quote:
The OOC thread is actually finished now (still needs to be made pretty though!), so it'll be posted soon-ish once I've had a few proof readers c: I'm just hoping people aren't put off but the fact it's from an anime, especially a relatively unknown one, even if you don't have to watch it to take part... Went with the "universal boss" idea though since that's what everyone seems to prefer :D
...I am legitimately excited about this, now.

I don't think that it coming from an anime should pose too much of a problem. It's not like any PC RPers have a high ground to stand on, being part of a forum based on a children's anime/games. XD

I think if the storyline's interesting and set out well enough, and is still very accessible to people who haven't viewed it, then it really shouldn't be a problem.

I'll keep a lookout for the OOC!

Sponsored Links