The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 17th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Rune Alchemist
Young Writer

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to Rune Alchemist

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
I see, so this is an RP that uses gameplay similar to those found in Table Top RPGs and Video Game RPGs. That's good, because RPs that employ those elements (and aren't dedicated Pokemon RPs) are shockingly few and far between.

So then exactly where does the average RPer come into the equation? Do they play as one of the characters from one of the aforementioned series/worlds, or do they create a character?
In my original draft, RP's OCs are Pokemon who were killed when Arceus tried to meddle with the Pokemon world. Arceus begged the other gods of different universes to take their lives in, as he lost the privilege to do so when they died.

Each is raised in different worlds from birth, but an influx in Space/Time caused them to land into this world where no god/goddess governs. They can't leave this world unless they get an artifact in the center of the world, which is sealed and characters don't know of. Or get swallowed by a dark void that nobody knows where it leads (I was thinking this is how inactive players' characters die)

I've thought of a system where they can contact their world, but they themselves can't move dimensions. Think Suikoden Tierkreis.

Their old life as Pokemon manifests in the Characters, either Permanent or Temporary. I created a sample character where she has a Ninetails tail when she uses magic, but looks human otherwise. There should always be something from the past life that is carried over to the new one. It can be subtle or eye-catching. The players choose what.

Their past life doesn't have to be significant with their current life. Players can make past-life lovers(Sailor Moon much?) or whatever creative they can think of, but overall isn't all that important. Past is past, live in the Present and plan for the Future, so to speak.
Old December 17th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian

@Rune Alchemist: Are you creating your very own system for this? With rolls of the dice, etc. ?

Or will the stats just be basic guidelines?
Old December 17th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Rune Alchemist
Young Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilizuki View Post
@Rune Alchemist: Are you creating your very own system for this? With rolls of the dice, etc. ?

Or will the stats just be basic guidelines?
Some. Stats will factor in, but since I don't actually have any other system generator other than an online dice rolling engine, my resources are limited to the Player content, logical reasoning, and dice rolling.
Old December 17th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian

Okay. Sounds like you should use something similar to the MAID system for this, 'cause it's about anime things already, and it's very easy to learn.

Other than that, it sounds like an interesting idea. I'm not a huge anime buff, but I do have a few that are close to my heart. :3
Old December 17th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Rune Alchemist
Young Writer

Sorry, but... MAID system? Googled it and the definition flew right over my head.
Old December 17th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Xlugon Pyro
Dragon Tamer

Nature: Bold
My One Piece RP is now up for those who're interested! I'd like to get as many positions filled as possible so if you have time for it, go ahead and check it out.

I'll leave a direct link to it here.

BAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAGAGH...

In a world without substance, a nonsense signature is only appropriate!
Old December 17th, 2012, 06:22 PM
machomuu
The Lights in the Sky are Stars
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Alchemist View Post
Sorry, but... MAID system? Googled it and the definition flew right over my head.
Basically, Lili is saying that you should consider using MAID's character generation system for the RP, since it has stats that are present in many anime styled RPs and RPGs (though I've seen a good few that do use them). Really, you could use any character generation system that uses "Intellect", "Strength", and the like in its generation, or you could simply use any generator and relate the stats that it has to the ones you are using for the RP.

Also, love that you have Magia Apple!! (or Bad MagiApple) in your signature :D
Old December 17th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Dusk
Fighting to Renew my Past...

Nature: Lonely
So, I'd like to bring up the Zelda RP idea I had again, because only one person even responded to it.

Basically, it follows the timeline where the Hero of Time is defeated. Ganondorf however is defeated later. It's years after his death, and rumors have been spread that some evil but anonymous figures plan to resurrect the dark lord. The 'overworld' is based on Ocarina of Time, with a few additions: A portal to the Twilight Realm in the desert, and an island of bird people not far outside the borders of Hyrule. Players can choose Hylian, Kokiri, Gerudo, Goron, Zora, Twili, and Rito as their species.

Each of these seven species is part of a Kingdom, and their locations are:

Hylian - Hyrule Town/Hyrule Castle
Kokiri - Kokiri Forest/Lost Woods
Gerudo - Gerudo Valley/Gerudo Desert
Goron - Goron City/Death Mountain
Zora - Zora's Domain/Zora River
Twili - Twilight Realm
Rito - Dragon Roost Island

There's slight tension between those in power that most commonfolk are completely unaware of. Rumors of War between Kingdoms scattered along with those of Ganon's Revival. If Ganon really is brought back from the dead, then the Kingdoms must unite. Conflict between them could end the land of Hyrule once and for all!

Characters will play as a person from any of the seven species. You are allowed to roam anywhere (since it'll be a Sandbox) and interact with others however you like, since the common people don't have conflict with other Species (unless your character does).

This RP will be free-form Sandbox style, with occasional events thrown about every so often.

So, I'd like to hear any ideas, feedback, or possible interest?

Old December 17th, 2012, 07:43 PM
Rune Alchemist
Young Writer

Quote:
Basically, Lili is saying that you should consider using MAID's character generation system for the RP, since it has stats that are present in many anime styled RPs and RPGs (though I've seen a good few that do use them). Really, you could use any character generation system that uses "Intellect", "Strength", and the like in its generation, or you could simply use any generator and relate the stats that it has to the ones you are using for the RP.

Also, love that you have Magia Apple!! (or Bad MagiApple) in your signature :D
Wait, wait, wait. I don't think I'm on the same page.

Are you referring to something like this?
Spoiler:
I. Basic Statistics

Name: Yana Silvercloud
Nationality: Russian/Japanese
World: Card Captor Sakura, Lyrical Nanoha
Birthday: December 18
Past Life: Semi-shiny Vulpix, manifests as lighter hair strands and fox tails appearing when using magic Past life should manifest one way or another, either permanent or temporary
Class: Mid-childan mage
Talent/Skills: Telepathy, Magecraft

IV. In-game related information, stats and others.

Special Abilities: -Depends on the chosen world(s), Special abilities are exceptions to special conditions of the world's job/class-
Linker Core invulnerable, Able to synchronize with Past Life Fragment
Strengths: Mental Skills, versitile in different forms of magic
Weaknesses: Barrier Spells sub-par, doesn't know how to lead or command
Pet Peeve: Using Telepathy on an unwilling recipient

This should only be filled in after character generation and is accepted. These are reliant on several factors on the previous three sections.

Stats: (Generated either by dice roll, or consensus by GM and player)
  • Strength: D++
  • Agility: C+
  • Durability (Defense): D--
  • Endurance (Energy Management): C--
  • Vitality (Health): C++
  • Intelligence: A-
  • Charisma: E--
  • Magic: C++
  • S.Skills: C+

Because the definition of MAID I am getting is "Massive Array of Idle Disks"

Oh, that's not me. I wish it was me though, at best I could do is B+ on hard XD

And Wolf, sorry~ Only LoZ game I played was "A Link to the Past"
Old December 17th, 2012, 07:47 PM
machomuu
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Alchemist View Post
Wait, wait, wait. I don't think I'm on the same page.

Are you referring to something like this?
Spoiler:
I. Basic Statistics

Name: Yana Silvercloud
Nationality: Russian/Japanese
World: Card Captor Sakura, Lyrical Nanoha
Birthday: December 18
Past Life: Semi-shiny Vulpix, manifests as lighter hair strands and fox tails appearing when using magic Past life should manifest one way or another, either permanent or temporary
Class: Mid-childan mage
Talent/Skills: Telepathy, Magecraft

IV. In-game related information, stats and others.

Special Abilities: -Depends on the chosen world(s), Special abilities are exceptions to special conditions of the world's job/class-
Linker Core invulnerable, Able to synchronize with Past Life Fragment
Strengths: Mental Skills, versitile in different forms of magic
Weaknesses: Barrier Spells sub-par, doesn't know how to lead or command
Pet Peeve: Using Telepathy on an unwilling recipient

This should only be filled in after character generation and is accepted. These are reliant on several factors on the previous three sections.

Stats: (Generated either by dice roll, or consensus by GM and player)
  • Strength: D++
  • Agility: C+
  • Durability (Defense): D--
  • Endurance (Energy Management): C--
  • Vitality (Health): C++
  • Intelligence: A-
  • Charisma: E--
  • Magic: C++
  • S.Skills: C+

Because the definition of MAID I am getting is "Massive Array of Idle Disks"

Oh, that's not me. I wish it was me though, at best I could do is B+ on hard XD

And Wolf, sorry~ Only LoZ game I played was "A Link to the Past"
Yeah, something like that.

Also, when you search MAID, be sure to type in "MAID System RPG". I'll save you the trouble, though:
http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Maid_RPG
http://www.d20source.com/2012/05/why...-maid-rpg-once
http://www.maidrpg.com/

Though really, you don't need to use MAID specifically, and you can use any character generation system or stat rolling system (or dice rolling system).
Old December 17th, 2012, 08:08 PM
Rune Alchemist
Young Writer

Quote:
Yeah, something like that.

Also, when you search MAID, be sure to type in "MAID System RPG". I'll save you the trouble, though:
http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Maid_RPG
http://www.d20source.com/2012/05/why...-maid-rpg-once
http://www.maidrpg.com/

Though really, you don't need to use MAID specifically, and you can use any character generation system or stat rolling system (or dice rolling system).
I... Well...

I think I just fried my brain.

Not in a way you think, mind you. Trying to integrate something like this will take me more time, but might make things simpler in the long run...

There will be a lot more rolling, a lot more craziness, but I have seen something like this before. Who knows, someone might create a gothic litol girl that wields a gravity hammer several times her size, or...

So, you guys are suggesting I use the character creation from this?

... I'm calling in reinforcements if I do it exactly like this one.

As is, unless someon- Oh, you guys just gave me an idea. For the moment, I'm sticking to Dice Roll with the stats, the relationship however can come close to MAID.
Old December 17th, 2012, 08:37 PM
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian

The more you talk of this, Rune Alchemist, the more I only get confused.

But...I really, really advise against rolling dice for stats. It's very unbalancing, and just having a predetermined amount of points to distribute would work more effectively, causing you fewer headaches in the process.
Old December 17th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Sarah Morgan
Mime Jr.

Wolf of Eve, I like the idea. I'm in
Old December 17th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Rune Alchemist
Young Writer

-shrugs-

I'm trying to be vague. What you see is most likely my musings. It's like hearing one end of a Phone conversation. I apologize, It's a hindrance to both parties.

In my old draft, I have the stats within a certain range. A character's Strength and Weakness can slant a stat higher or lower.

See the sample I created to get a better idea about what I mean. Mostly, I expect people to give their own measurement of their stats, and I'd dub it worthy or not. Dice roll is also based around the average stats of the universe where the character comes from. For example, an LN rolled a dice for intelligence. Lowest gets a B+, Highest gets an S. Something like that.

I only fried my brain thinking what kind of characters players will make if I did MAID. I've found a way around it, so the players write what they want the character to be, rather than let a system do it. You'll just have to see it when I'm done fixing my RP. 'ts still not presentable, as you people have pointed out.
Old December 18th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Dusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfOfEve View Post
So, I'd like to bring up the Zelda RP idea I had again, because only one person even responded to it.

Basically, it follows the timeline where the Hero of Time is defeated. Ganondorf however is defeated later. It's years after his death, and rumors have been spread that some evil but anonymous figures plan to resurrect the dark lord. The 'overworld' is based on Ocarina of Time, with a few additions: A portal to the Twilight Realm in the desert, and an island of bird people not far outside the borders of Hyrule. Players can choose Hylian, Kokiri, Gerudo, Goron, Zora, Twili, and Rito as their species.

Twili - Twilight Realm

There's slight tension between those in power that most commonfolk are completely unaware of. Rumors of War between Kingdoms scattered along with those of Ganon's Revival. If Ganon really is brought back from the dead, then the Kingdoms must unite. Conflict between them could end the land of Hyrule once and for all!

Characters will play as a person from any of the seven species. You are allowed to roam anywhere (since it'll be a Sandbox) and interact with others however you like, since the common people don't have conflict with other Species (unless your character does).

This RP will be free-form Sandbox style, with occasional events thrown about every so often.

I'd like some feedback here, if possible.

Old December 18th, 2012, 09:28 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Quote:

Twili - Twilight Realm

Are you going to make your storyline reference to canon events like the sealing war? I'm just one for consistencies so really, Twili and Rito shouldn't be in the same timeline together. iirc the great flood happened after twilight princess and that's around when the Rito came to being.
Old December 18th, 2012, 10:50 PM
Raikiri
Vanguard
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skymin View Post
Are you going to make your storyline reference to canon events like the sealing war? I'm just one for consistencies so really, Twili and Rito shouldn't be in the same timeline together. iirc the great flood happened after twilight princess and that's around when the Rito came to being.
Actually Twilight Princess takes place in an entirely different timeline from the Great Flood and Windwaker so it makes them existing the same realm physically impossible as the Rito were supposedly descendants/evolutions of the Zora.

Paired with the manly Supervegeta
Old December 19th, 2012, 01:57 AM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raikiri View Post
Actually Twilight Princess takes place in an entirely different timeline from the Great Flood and Windwaker so it makes them existing the same realm physically impossible as the Rito were supposedly descendants/evolutions of the Zora.
SO THERE ARE NO ZORAS IN WIND WAKER? well thats dumb. In saying that then, Zoras and Ritos shouldnt be... in the same place... together... YOU KNOW WHAT IM SAYING RIGHT?
Old December 19th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Dusk

Quote:
SO THERE ARE NO ZORAS IN WIND WAKER? well thats dumb. In saying that then, Zoras and Ritos shouldnt be... in the same place... together... YOU KNOW WHAT IM SAYING RIGHT?
Yeah, I know what you're saying, but this takes place in the "Defeated Hero" timeline, where neither of those were introduced. Those characters were never created because the Zelda team didn't invent them until later games, but who's to say they weren't there? This takes place before Legend of Zelda and Zelda II, but after Link's Awakening, during "The Gold Era".

Spoiler:

Old December 19th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
SOOOO IM GONNA TROW A RP AT YOU GUYS!!!

*cough* i guess i can GM a RP and work and do school at the same time

ANYWAYS

it'll be about 12 teenagers (or ten) who live on earth, and the funny thing is, it's YOU, you have to add your own age, your own name, and your own history in the sign-up, YOU will be that teenager.
it would be cool if you would describe your own appearence but you can also choose a pic to describe it, an anime pic or so...

Example:

my real name would be Nami Felicity Victoria Himari, then my signup would be like this:

Spoiler:
Name: Nami Felicity Victoria Himari
History: (your history, what you have experienced in your life, you don't have to add the things you dont wanna)

you will be send from earth to the pokemon world when you are sleeping and wake up with this sign somewhere on your body, everyone will have a different color:

Spoiler:

you will also be linked to a pokemon, choosen from a list i will make.

i don't really have a plot yet though, so please help me?
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old December 19th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Doctor
& time lord

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkSapphire View Post
SOOOO IM GONNA TROW A RP AT YOU GUYS!!!

*cough* i guess i can GM a RP and work and do school at the same time :P

ANYWAYS

it'll be about 12 teenagers (or ten) who live on earth, and the funny thing is, it's YOU, you have to add your own age, your own name, and your own history in the sign-up, YOU will be that teenager.
it would be cool if you would describe your own appearence but you can also choose a pic to describe it, an anime pic or so...

Example:

my real name would be Nami Felicity Victoria Himari, then my signup would be like this:

Spoiler:
Name: Nami Felicity Victoria Himari
History: (your history, what you have experienced in your life, you don't have to add the things you dont wanna)

you will be send from earth to the pokemon world when you are sleeping and wake up with this sign somewhere on your body, everyone will have a different color:

Spoiler:

you will also be linked to a pokemon, choosen from a list i will make.

i don't really have a plot yet though, so please help me?
"Throwing people into games"-RPs do seem to be really popular these days ^^ So, how about those who aren't teenagers, we can't join or what? :p I think some people (like myself) won't be very keen on revealing their real name and appearance here, just so you know.
Old December 19th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Kranic
What did you say about my hair

Quote:
An easy explanation would be to just say that Zoras never went extinct and the two just share a common ancestor that was more like the modern Zora than the Rito. It's like how we evolved from monkey's but there are still monkeys running around.

Roleplay Characters

Anise Briar

___

Apollo: A Journey of the Gifted

Old December 19th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Dusk

I'm currently working on the Zelda sandbox! It is indeed canon!

The Title:

HYRULE: The Golden Era

I question your use of the evolution theory but it does make sense in this topic.

Old December 19th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
@RHCP- well, those who arents teenagers can still join xD

It was just an idea though, but it would be more fun if people went into that RP as themselves.

I just hope people will like my idea :3 and most of us do already now each others real name, no? XD

And about the appearence, i wouldnt really mind if you would make a random appearence, im not really too keen of showing me real name and appearence either, but i think it'd be fun.
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old December 19th, 2012, 12:02 PM
machomuu
Community Supporter

Quote:
Yeah, I know what you're saying, but this takes place in the "Defeated Hero" timeline, where neither of those were introduced. Those characters were never created because the Zelda team didn't invent them until later games, but who's to say they weren't there? This takes place before Legend of Zelda and Zelda II, but after Link's Awakening, during "The Gold Era".

Spoiler:
Oh, Right. Wasn't the "Defeated Hero timeline introduced with the release of Zelda Historia?

Sponsored Links

Advertise here