The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.


Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #6151    
Old December 19th, 2012, 12:12 PM
銀ヤミ's Avatar
銀ヤミ
Fighting to Renew my Past...
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Elysia
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
Oh, Right. Wasn't the "Defeated Hero timeline introduced with the release of Zelda Historia?
Well, I suppose you could say that, but technically it's existed just never been explained. Especially considering the earlier games started on that timeline.

Anyways, The Golden Era takes place after Link's Awakening, and after Ganon is destroyed. It is an Era of peace in Hyrule where wealth and happiness prospered, and peoples' faith in the Goddesses was restored. The power of the Triforce was used to enrich the land. However, it's rumored that Ganon is going to be resurrected.
__________________


  #6152    
Old December 19th, 2012, 01:01 PM
machomuu's Avatar
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: 'Murca
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
With all this talk of timelines, I'm getting a little interested (even if the RP itself isn't completely based around them); they have always been one of my favorite things about Zelda.
__________________
  #6153    
Old December 19th, 2012, 01:10 PM
銀ヤミ's Avatar
銀ヤミ
Fighting to Renew my Past...
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Elysia
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
The RP is going to be canon, and I'm researching consistently to make sure whatever else I imagine possible (because plenty of things can happen that aren't known to be solid fact) isn't breaking any rules.

Fun fact: Did you know that the Kokiri can leave the forest without dying?
__________________


  #6154    
Old December 19th, 2012, 07:32 PM
machomuu's Avatar
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: 'Murca
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfOfEve View Post
The RP is going to be canon, and I'm researching consistently to make sure whatever else I imagine possible (because plenty of things can happen that aren't known to be solid fact) isn't breaking any rules.
Of course. Though, its because of this alone that I'm surprised you're taking up such an ambitious project. It's commendable, the amount of work you're putting into it.
__________________
  #6155    
Old December 19th, 2012, 11:11 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow's Avatar
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: East Coast, USA
Gender: Female
Nature: Hardy
This reminds me of how I went through all the trouble of making Pokemon Fallout "possible". Only the Zelda timeline is convoluted and extraordinarily unfun to research in comparison to Pokemon history. |D
__________________
  #6156    
Old December 20th, 2012, 04:24 AM
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Gender: Female
Quick interest check.

I'm considering running a dark-ish fantasy game, in a world I created with inspiration from various sources. The plot of the game is that each character is from a different race, searching for a way to prevent any further attacks by a group of monstrous individuals scholars are calling "Antideluvians". These creatures, one that went to each race, tore a path of destruction through the lands, until they managed to be stopped by an individual. Whether it was because of a desperate strike from somebody not trained in combat, the tactics of a military commander, or a magickal pact with the denizens of Sin.

I'll summarize the races people can play as and answer questions, if anyone has 'em.

Drasi Humans
Spoiler:
The Drasi are a fair-skinned red-haired race of humans hailing from a series of isles located just below the equator (Ledrasi Isles) and southwest of Kali, who have an evolved clan system. Their leaders, akin to gods or avatars of gods, are gifted with a natural connection to the world and magic. Particular isles join together to represent alliances, and split if an alliance is broken. They are a society of equals.


The Drasi, as far as their recorded history goes, were created when a single Fey sought to create their own, and so split themself into one hundred different beings, each a Chieftain of a tribe. The Chieftains made deals with animals to be reincarnated as their people, and so the Drasi came to be, with the reincarnated animals becoming the people of each Chieftain's tribe. They are adaptable, like their society, and the most commonly seen race that doesn't come from the mainland. They make a living through animal skins, lumber, farming, and sailors.

Ursuul Humans
Spoiler:
The Ursuul are tan-skinned humans living on the West of Kali, the most industrious and ambitious of the young races, who wish to conquer more land and build great things, having been under the rule of the God-King/Queen and their line for many years and, having been worked very hard, have a total of two cities on the Western lands. The God-Monarch has a dictatorship, but also answers to a council of nobles who s/he grants control over parts of land to, in exchange for not having to sort them out his or herself.

For a long time, the politics of the Ursuul was shifting, especially in regards to gender. If a God-King was ruling, there was a good chance of many parts of the land being Misogynistic with his blessing, but if a God-Queen was ruling, it would become matriarchal. Each cycle would make the next crueler. It all depended on the wishes of the child-bearer for the God-King/Queen's line. If they had a daughter, they could simply kill any more children in the womb, making the next cycle matriarchal, but they could not kill an already born male child, so their best hope then was to have more children, which held the potential for disorder and feuds between the children.


It wasn't until the people of the Kingdom revolted that the current God-Monarch decided what needed to be done, and called upon a spirit for aid, who told them to make the rule two-fold, having both a God-King and a God-Queen to ensure peace and equality, and so it was done. Though in different noble lands the politics can shift slightly in favor of either gender, the rule of it all is to strive for equality.


The Ursuul have a great fear of falling victim to the powerful Sidhe, especially if they were to find out of the expansion ambitions, but otherwise have decent relationships with the other races. The Lings, though, are their only true ally. Their lands are simply known as Granlan. They try to trade in all things, including food, arms, and materials.

The Sidhe/Elves
Spoiler:
The Sidhe, or elves, were created by many different Fey in a grand act of plagiarism within Arcadia, the exact events of which are unknown to any non-Fey. It resulted in the elves being made in many different areas, with different results, while remaining part of the same race, the Sidhe.


The majority of elves were born beneath the ground, in the glowing gem caverns that are scattered there, giving them the ability to see in low light as well as a pale color to their skin. They learned much of magic as they were created, from the whispers of the gems and the dragons that whispered through them. There were graceful, beautiful, and highly talented with magic, and were growing the fastest out of all the young races of Midgard. When they were soon to reach the surface, the dragons sent their envoys, the kobolds, to meet with them and aid their breaking free of the stony confines.

In the years they traveled to the surface, the Sidhe found great allies in the dragons and the kobolds, which continued as they made their first kingdom in the forest lands of Meloire. The kobolds moved into the mountains and the Sidhe were content with their kingdom, until they come across other elves and made contact with them. They were the greatest of the elves, which inspired envy in some of the other groups they met, but were fair and powerful. The Sidhe stay in their kingdom, Meloire, set in the heart of Kali.


Most magic is welcome in the lands of the Sidhe, though the work of other elves against them has led the Sidhe to paranoia, which was only fanned by the dragons they saw themselves as allied with. They evolved a magical gift, and can always tell when they are being watched, and anyone they watch gets the feeling of being watched, which is far less prominent in non-elves. Like dragons, one can always expect one of the Sidhe to have entire sleeves made out of cards, with a ferocious anger to go with it.


The society of Meloire is Leviathan-esque, a Great Wyrm being their leader, who is simply an elf they deemed worthy of ruling. The Great Wyrm remains as such until they can go through their own metamorphosis, a lengthy process, and become dragons themselves. Though they might mistrust the Fey greatly, their heritage remains as that of the Fey, and they become Fey Dragons, to be whisked away into Arcadia. The Sidhe deem this a result of the throne; it is a position not to be envied, for the Fey have cursed it, and thus the Sidhe need to elect the strongest individual they can, to have a ruler who will last them long enough to be effective and not fall prey to the Curse of the Great Wyrm Throne.


They have a monopoly on magical knowledge and scholarship, as well as being completely independently stable.

Kobolds
Spoiler:
The Kobolds began as a race born from the dragons of Midgard, the reincarnated spirits of dragons who died and were sent to Sin, then worked through their sins and were reborn to start anew. The mass birth rate of kobolds offset the process, with few enough dragon spirits around to fill them. So the vessels were empty, which meant many stillborns. By the time of the Sidhe establishing Meloira, there were simply no spirits left to fill the vessels, so the living kobolds prayed for mercy.
Their wishes were granted, by whom they did not know, and their babies began to live once again. The crisis averted, the kobolds used their knowledge to establish a colony in the mountains of north Kali, mining and crafting and trading with the Sidhe and other elf colonies, who bore them no grudge for the aid they lent to the Sidhe, which in turn led to good relations with them all. Their flight was especially useful for gathering minerals and materials.


The kobold society was built on merit and bloodlines; those who were descended from the dragons of the past were more powerful, but this didn't last long before the noble houses of the kobolds fell into simple meritocracy. With their worship of the dragons gone, they recently got into a dispute with the Sidhe, who chose to forsake the kobolds supplies and instead made a deal with the Drow to supply them with exquisite materials and weapons. The kobolds, who had grown as suppliers to all races of Midgard, could stay afloat despite their loss of the Sidhe.


Kobolds can be seen in most towns or cities outside of Meloire, being considered respectable citizens wherever they go, and half-breeds often flee to the welcoming Kobold civilization, which holds no bias to them. Their religion is based around the entity that gifted them, leading to a doctrine of how to act, as opposed to a defined godhead. Their country is named Smaug.

Lings/Halflings
Spoiler:
The Lings are halflings who grew to prominence in the south of Kali, their nation known as Ilakake, a tan-skinned people with big eyes of bright colors, with teeth sharp as those of a wild animal. Ilakake is a subtropical land of heavy heat and rife with wild animals and natural dangers, leading to the Lings growing to be a hardy people despite their stature. They commonly dress in flitting robes with straps of armor attached, looking rather ramshackle like their architecture. The lands themselves are quite frustrating to any race other than Lings, who find it to be just right.

The Lings society can barely be called such, each Ling fighting for themselves and only sometimes swearing fealty to any form of lord; normally one who has earned the respect of many. They seek to earn honor from the ordeal, and to be gifted with the right to pass on into the arms of their Goddess Milia, who creates all things. It was after much deliberation that they made a pact with the human race of Ursuul, becoming great warriors with promises of honor for joining the Kingdom.


They don't do trade with the other races, their lands still plentiful and their way of life fine as it is.

There are also Changelings, who are an extremely rare individual from any of the previous races, who was mutated by the Fey. Because of their rarity and wildly different mutations, it's hard to summarize them.

And a bonus mystery race that more information will be given on if this actually takes off.
  #6157    
Old December 20th, 2012, 09:25 AM
銀ヤミ's Avatar
銀ヤミ
Fighting to Renew my Past...
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Elysia
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by PkMnTrainer Yellow View Post
This reminds me of how I went through all the trouble of making Pokemon Fallout "possible". Only the Zelda timeline is convoluted and extraordinarily unfun to research in comparison to Pokemon history. |D
Really? I actually enjoyed the research, but I'd also enjoy Pokemon research. I suppose I lean toward the Zeldaverse instead of the Pokeverse, but that's just me.


Also, I don't remember where I read this, but it was supposedly confirmed that the Hero's Shade is indeed Ocarina of Time's Link.

Zelda games are fun and interesting, but there's actually a huge story between all of the games that I just find endlessly interesting.
__________________



Last edited by 銀ヤミ; December 20th, 2012 at 09:31 AM.
  #6158    
Old December 20th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Delupuff's Avatar
Delupuff
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfOfEve View Post
Also, I don't remember where I read this, but it was supposedly confirmed that the Hero's Shade is indeed Ocarina of Time's Link.
Really? According to Hyrule History, the Hero's Shade is a spiritual manifestation of the regrets of the Hero of Time. Maybe that's kinda the same thing, I don't know. Can't wait until we get an official translation of that book. ^^

Also, I'm quite interested in your RP as well. Was hoping to be able to play as a Deku Scrub but I guess a Goron will have to do. :P
  #6159    
Old December 20th, 2012, 10:58 AM
machomuu's Avatar
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: 'Murca
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfOfEve View Post
Also, I don't remember where I read this, but it was supposedly confirmed that the Hero's Shade is indeed Ocarina of Time's Link.
I do remember a theory a while back saying the same thing (with a rather grim reason for him becoming the Hero's Shade), but yeah, according to Hyrule Historia, it's confirmed (albeit for much more grim of a reason).

Hmm...now I'm actually thinking of buying Hyrule Historia, it contains a crapton of information that solidifies a lot of what we didn't know and weren't sure of. It is a little sad, though, as I found that creating your own timeline based on what one put together was fun, but still, its a pretty appealing infobook (and it's not to say that you can't still do that).

Speaking of pokemon, I could see them doing an infobook as well; they really should, it's necessary and, as much work as it'd be, it would net them quite the sum of money. I could see it being beneficial to a lot of potential (and current) RPs as well.

@Lilizuki - Ah, a Western Fantasy themed RP. It's strange that there's only one of those that's currently active, so this is a nice sight. I like what your doing with the races and their geographies, its pretty creative. I'm also a fan of the cultures based in religion. This isn't based off of anything, is it?
__________________
  #6160    
Old December 20th, 2012, 11:30 AM
adventure's Avatar
adventure
trust your doctor
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: 瑞典
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilizuki View Post
Quick interest check.

I'm considering running a dark-ish fantasy game, in a world I created with inspiration from various sources. The plot of the game is that each character is from a different race, searching for a way to prevent any further attacks by a group of monstrous individuals scholars are calling "Antideluvians". These creatures, one that went to each race, tore a path of destruction through the lands, until they managed to be stopped by an individual. Whether it was because of a desperate strike from somebody not trained in combat, the tactics of a military commander, or a magickal pact with the denizens of Sin.

I'll summarize the races people can play as and answer questions, if anyone has 'em.

Drasi Humans
Spoiler:
The Drasi are a fair-skinned red-haired race of humans hailing from a series of isles located just below the equator (Ledrasi Isles) and southwest of Kali, who have an evolved clan system. Their leaders, akin to gods or avatars of gods, are gifted with a natural connection to the world and magic. Particular isles join together to represent alliances, and split if an alliance is broken. They are a society of equals.


The Drasi, as far as their recorded history goes, were created when a single Fey sought to create their own, and so split themself into one hundred different beings, each a Chieftain of a tribe. The Chieftains made deals with animals to be reincarnated as their people, and so the Drasi came to be, with the reincarnated animals becoming the people of each Chieftain's tribe. They are adaptable, like their society, and the most commonly seen race that doesn't come from the mainland. They make a living through animal skins, lumber, farming, and sailors.

Ursuul Humans
Spoiler:
The Ursuul are tan-skinned humans living on the West of Kali, the most industrious and ambitious of the young races, who wish to conquer more land and build great things, having been under the rule of the God-King/Queen and their line for many years and, having been worked very hard, have a total of two cities on the Western lands. The God-Monarch has a dictatorship, but also answers to a council of nobles who s/he grants control over parts of land to, in exchange for not having to sort them out his or herself.

For a long time, the politics of the Ursuul was shifting, especially in regards to gender. If a God-King was ruling, there was a good chance of many parts of the land being Misogynistic with his blessing, but if a God-Queen was ruling, it would become matriarchal. Each cycle would make the next crueler. It all depended on the wishes of the child-bearer for the God-King/Queen's line. If they had a daughter, they could simply kill any more children in the womb, making the next cycle matriarchal, but they could not kill an already born male child, so their best hope then was to have more children, which held the potential for disorder and feuds between the children.


It wasn't until the people of the Kingdom revolted that the current God-Monarch decided what needed to be done, and called upon a spirit for aid, who told them to make the rule two-fold, having both a God-King and a God-Queen to ensure peace and equality, and so it was done. Though in different noble lands the politics can shift slightly in favor of either gender, the rule of it all is to strive for equality.


The Ursuul have a great fear of falling victim to the powerful Sidhe, especially if they were to find out of the expansion ambitions, but otherwise have decent relationships with the other races. The Lings, though, are their only true ally. Their lands are simply known as Granlan. They try to trade in all things, including food, arms, and materials.

The Sidhe/Elves
Spoiler:
The Sidhe, or elves, were created by many different Fey in a grand act of plagiarism within Arcadia, the exact events of which are unknown to any non-Fey. It resulted in the elves being made in many different areas, with different results, while remaining part of the same race, the Sidhe.


The majority of elves were born beneath the ground, in the glowing gem caverns that are scattered there, giving them the ability to see in low light as well as a pale color to their skin. They learned much of magic as they were created, from the whispers of the gems and the dragons that whispered through them. There were graceful, beautiful, and highly talented with magic, and were growing the fastest out of all the young races of Midgard. When they were soon to reach the surface, the dragons sent their envoys, the kobolds, to meet with them and aid their breaking free of the stony confines.

In the years they traveled to the surface, the Sidhe found great allies in the dragons and the kobolds, which continued as they made their first kingdom in the forest lands of Meloire. The kobolds moved into the mountains and the Sidhe were content with their kingdom, until they come across other elves and made contact with them. They were the greatest of the elves, which inspired envy in some of the other groups they met, but were fair and powerful. The Sidhe stay in their kingdom, Meloire, set in the heart of Kali.


Most magic is welcome in the lands of the Sidhe, though the work of other elves against them has led the Sidhe to paranoia, which was only fanned by the dragons they saw themselves as allied with. They evolved a magical gift, and can always tell when they are being watched, and anyone they watch gets the feeling of being watched, which is far less prominent in non-elves. Like dragons, one can always expect one of the Sidhe to have entire sleeves made out of cards, with a ferocious anger to go with it.


The society of Meloire is Leviathan-esque, a Great Wyrm being their leader, who is simply an elf they deemed worthy of ruling. The Great Wyrm remains as such until they can go through their own metamorphosis, a lengthy process, and become dragons themselves. Though they might mistrust the Fey greatly, their heritage remains as that of the Fey, and they become Fey Dragons, to be whisked away into Arcadia. The Sidhe deem this a result of the throne; it is a position not to be envied, for the Fey have cursed it, and thus the Sidhe need to elect the strongest individual they can, to have a ruler who will last them long enough to be effective and not fall prey to the Curse of the Great Wyrm Throne.


They have a monopoly on magical knowledge and scholarship, as well as being completely independently stable.

Kobolds
Spoiler:
The Kobolds began as a race born from the dragons of Midgard, the reincarnated spirits of dragons who died and were sent to Sin, then worked through their sins and were reborn to start anew. The mass birth rate of kobolds offset the process, with few enough dragon spirits around to fill them. So the vessels were empty, which meant many stillborns. By the time of the Sidhe establishing Meloira, there were simply no spirits left to fill the vessels, so the living kobolds prayed for mercy.
Their wishes were granted, by whom they did not know, and their babies began to live once again. The crisis averted, the kobolds used their knowledge to establish a colony in the mountains of north Kali, mining and crafting and trading with the Sidhe and other elf colonies, who bore them no grudge for the aid they lent to the Sidhe, which in turn led to good relations with them all. Their flight was especially useful for gathering minerals and materials.


The kobold society was built on merit and bloodlines; those who were descended from the dragons of the past were more powerful, but this didn't last long before the noble houses of the kobolds fell into simple meritocracy. With their worship of the dragons gone, they recently got into a dispute with the Sidhe, who chose to forsake the kobolds supplies and instead made a deal with the Drow to supply them with exquisite materials and weapons. The kobolds, who had grown as suppliers to all races of Midgard, could stay afloat despite their loss of the Sidhe.


Kobolds can be seen in most towns or cities outside of Meloire, being considered respectable citizens wherever they go, and half-breeds often flee to the welcoming Kobold civilization, which holds no bias to them. Their religion is based around the entity that gifted them, leading to a doctrine of how to act, as opposed to a defined godhead. Their country is named Smaug.

Lings/Halflings
Spoiler:
The Lings are halflings who grew to prominence in the south of Kali, their nation known as Ilakake, a tan-skinned people with big eyes of bright colors, with teeth sharp as those of a wild animal. Ilakake is a subtropical land of heavy heat and rife with wild animals and natural dangers, leading to the Lings growing to be a hardy people despite their stature. They commonly dress in flitting robes with straps of armor attached, looking rather ramshackle like their architecture. The lands themselves are quite frustrating to any race other than Lings, who find it to be just right.

The Lings society can barely be called such, each Ling fighting for themselves and only sometimes swearing fealty to any form of lord; normally one who has earned the respect of many. They seek to earn honor from the ordeal, and to be gifted with the right to pass on into the arms of their Goddess Milia, who creates all things. It was after much deliberation that they made a pact with the human race of Ursuul, becoming great warriors with promises of honor for joining the Kingdom.


They don't do trade with the other races, their lands still plentiful and their way of life fine as it is.

There are also Changelings, who are an extremely rare individual from any of the previous races, who was mutated by the Fey. Because of their rarity and wildly different mutations, it's hard to summarize them.

And a bonus mystery race that more information will be given on if this actually takes off.
I agree with machomuu, this sounds good, especially if religion is included. The plot sounds a bit vague at the moment though, but I guess it will be clearer when you write it out in a post. Would you act as the GM, mainly?
__________________
moderator of : Pokémon General
and of the : Roleplay Corner
paired with : abnegation
  #6161    
Old December 20th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Rose Quartz's Avatar
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: In your mind.
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
The plot for my RP with no name! (not yet)

Plot:
Spoiler:
It's the year 2013 when a new gaming platform has been brought to the market, the "NerveGear". With the NerveGear players are able to log in into MMORPG's and control their characters with their mind, and not only that, they will place themselves in the bodies of their characters. It's a great device, but just like all computer-like systems, also the NerveGear can be hacked.

Satoshi Tajiri, the inventor of Pokémon, decided to make a Pokémon MMORPG for the NerveGear. 100 Beta testers were allowed to experience the gameplaying and test the game. Ofcourse this went really well, the Beta testers were more than excited about it.

After 2 months since the game was tested, 10.000 copy's of the game could be bought in game stores, but there were only 10.000 of them! The reason for this was unknown, untill the 10.000 players, including some Beta testers, logged into the game after one month and they couldn't log out anymore.

An men with green hair arrived in the middle of the plaza with a group of underlings and called himself "Ghetsis". Ghetsis started explaining the situation and told the 10.000 players that they weren't able to log out anymore. Ghetsis wanted to create a perfect pokemon world, and if anyone commited suicide or tried something else to log out of the game, their brains would be fried by the NerveGear in the real world. Ghetsis informed the players that there was no way they could log out, they would be trapped inside this world forever. A message was send to all their family members that if they tried to remove the NerveGear, then too, the brains of the players would be fried.

A month had passed and 1894 players had died due their family members or their own stuborness. But soon there was a glitch found in the game, players didn't knew about this though and Ghetsis was too confident that this glitch couldn't give serious problems, infact, it couldn't, but it could do something else instead.

This glitch is the Arceus in the game who got an own personality and an own will, but since this Arceus can be deleted by Ghetsis, it decided to not go against him, for now. But this Arceus did knew something about Ghetsis, if Ghetsis would be defeated in a Pokémon battle and killed afterwarts, then everyone would be able to log out again. Since Arceus couldn't do this he decided to choose 10 players to do this, he signed them with a mew mark and all 10 players would have a different color.

Arceus had to be careful, if he would be deleted fromthe game, he wouldnt be able to help the 10 players as much as he could.


You:
Spoiler:
You are this player who has been choosed by Arceus and been signed with this mark.
Spoiler:


You have an important mission of trying to help as many players possible and trying to act as normal as you can so Ghetsis won't find out about you and the 9 other players.

Ghetsis secret hideout is unknown, no one knows where he hides within the game, not even Arceus. So your only hope is to get the 8 gymbadges from the 8 gymleaders who are appearently not NPC's and find out if Ghetsis is the champion of the league which would be most logical.

You are linked to a Pokémon, which means, if the Pokémon dies, so do you.


Would anyone like this idea? Im gonna work out this RP soon. Also, like i mentioned earlier.

YOU are in this RP, which means you include your real name, age, country and history in the sign-up, appearence isn't necessery since… well i just think it isn't ; also, if you really dont like to put your real name and stuff in the sign up, i guess you could PM then to say this.

|__ ill also include this in the RP itself.

Khawill brought me on the idea
__________________
Pair
Roleplays
Deviantart
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell

Last edited by Rose Quartz; December 20th, 2012 at 12:36 PM.
  #6162    
Old December 20th, 2012, 12:35 PM
BrainstØrm's Avatar
BrainstØrm
Lonely Planet Boy
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sitting in my room
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to BrainstØrm
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkSapphire View Post
The plot for my RP with no name! (not yet)

Plot:
Spoiler:
It's the year 2013 when a new gaming platform has been brought to the market, the "NerveGear". With the NerveGear players are able to log in into MMORPG's and control their characters with their mind, and not only that, they will place themselves in the bodies of their characters. It's a great device, but just like all computer-like systems, also the NerveGear can be hacked.

Satoshi Tajiri, the inventor of Pokémon, decided to make a Pokémon MMORPG for the NerveGear. 100 Beta testers were allowed to experience the gameplaying and test the game. Ofcourse this went really well, the Beta testers were more than excited about it.

After 2 months since the game was tested, 10.000 copy's of the game could be bought in game stores, but there were only 10.000 of them! The reason for this was unknown, untill the 10.000 players, including some Beta testers, logged into the game after one month and they couldn't log out anymore.

An men with green hair arrived in the middle of the plaza with a group of underlings and called himself "Ghetsis". Ghetsis started explaining the situation and told the 10.000 players that they weren't able to log out anymore. Ghetsis wanted to create a perfect pokemon world, and if anyone commited suicide or tried something else to log out of the game, their brains would be fried by the NerveGear in the real world. Ghetsis informed the players that there was no way they could log out, they would be trapped inside this world forever. A message was send to all their family members that if they tried to remove the NerveGear, then too, the brains of the players would be fried.

A month had passed and 1894 players had died due their family members or their own stuborness. But soon there was a glitch found in the game, players didn't knew about this though and Ghetsis was too confident that this glitch couldn't give serious problems, infact, it couldn't, but it could do something else instead.

This glitch is the Arceus in the game who got an own personality and an own will, but since this Arceus can be deleted by Ghetsis, it decided to not go against him, for now. But this Arceus did knew something about Ghetsis, if Ghetsis would be defeated in a Pokémon battle and killed afterwarts, then everyone would be able to log out again. Since Arceus couldn't do this he decided to choose 10 players to do this, he signed them with a mew mark and all 10 players would have a different color.

Arceus had to be careful, if he would be deleted fromthe game, he wouldnt be able to help the 10 players as much as he could.


You:
Spoiler:
You are this player who has been choosed by Arceus and been signed with this mark.
Spoiler:


You have an important mission of trying to help as many players possible and trying to act as normal as you can so Ghetsis won't find out about you and the 9 other players.

Ghetsis secret hideout is unknown, no one knows where he hides within the game, not even Arceus. So your only hope is to get the 8 gymbadges from the 8 gymleaders who are appearently not NPC's and find out if Ghetsis is the champion of the league which would be most logical.

You are linked to a Pokémon, which means, if the Pokémon dies, so do you.


Would anyone like this idea? Im gonna work out this RP soon. Also, like i mentioned earlier.

YOU are in this RP, which means you include your real name, age, country and history in the sign-up, appearence isn't necessery since… well i just think it isn't ; also, if you really dont like to put your real name and stuff in the sign up, i guess you could PM then to say this.

|__ ill also include this in the RP itself.
I love it :3 If it comes up, I'm definitely signing up for it!
__________________
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION
  #6163    
Old December 20th, 2012, 01:04 PM
adventure's Avatar
adventure
trust your doctor
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: 瑞典
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkSapphire View Post
The plot for my RP with no name! (not yet)

Plot:
Spoiler:
It's the year 2013 when a new gaming platform has been brought to the market, the "NerveGear". With the NerveGear players are able to log in into MMORPG's and control their characters with their mind, and not only that, they will place themselves in the bodies of their characters. It's a great device, but just like all computer-like systems, also the NerveGear can be hacked.

Satoshi Tajiri, the inventor of Pokémon, decided to make a Pokémon MMORPG for the NerveGear. 100 Beta testers were allowed to experience the gameplaying and test the game. Ofcourse this went really well, the Beta testers were more than excited about it.

After 2 months since the game was tested, 10.000 copy's of the game could be bought in game stores, but there were only 10.000 of them! The reason for this was unknown, untill the 10.000 players, including some Beta testers, logged into the game after one month and they couldn't log out anymore.

An men with green hair arrived in the middle of the plaza with a group of underlings and called himself "Ghetsis". Ghetsis started explaining the situation and told the 10.000 players that they weren't able to log out anymore. Ghetsis wanted to create a perfect pokemon world, and if anyone commited suicide or tried something else to log out of the game, their brains would be fried by the NerveGear in the real world. Ghetsis informed the players that there was no way they could log out, they would be trapped inside this world forever. A message was send to all their family members that if they tried to remove the NerveGear, then too, the brains of the players would be fried.

A month had passed and 1894 players had died due their family members or their own stuborness. But soon there was a glitch found in the game, players didn't knew about this though and Ghetsis was too confident that this glitch couldn't give serious problems, infact, it couldn't, but it could do something else instead.

This glitch is the Arceus in the game who got an own personality and an own will, but since this Arceus can be deleted by Ghetsis, it decided to not go against him, for now. But this Arceus did knew something about Ghetsis, if Ghetsis would be defeated in a Pokémon battle and killed afterwarts, then everyone would be able to log out again. Since Arceus couldn't do this he decided to choose 10 players to do this, he signed them with a mew mark and all 10 players would have a different color.

Arceus had to be careful, if he would be deleted fromthe game, he wouldnt be able to help the 10 players as much as he could.


You:
Spoiler:
You are this player who has been choosed by Arceus and been signed with this mark.
Spoiler:


You have an important mission of trying to help as many players possible and trying to act as normal as you can so Ghetsis won't find out about you and the 9 other players.

Ghetsis secret hideout is unknown, no one knows where he hides within the game, not even Arceus. So your only hope is to get the 8 gymbadges from the 8 gymleaders who are appearently not NPC's and find out if Ghetsis is the champion of the league which would be most logical.

You are linked to a Pokémon, which means, if the Pokémon dies, so do you.


Would anyone like this idea? Im gonna work out this RP soon. Also, like i mentioned earlier.

YOU are in this RP, which means you include your real name, age, country and history in the sign-up, appearence isn't necessery since… well i just think it isn't ^^; also, if you really dont like to put your real name and stuff in the sign up, i guess you could PM then to say this.

|__ ill also include this in the RP itself.

Khawill brought me on the idea ^^
Eheh... Khawill, you say? :p All I have to say is that it seems very similar to Monster Art Online, being an obvious crossover between Pokémon and Sword Art Online, but perhaps with less regulations and with a more directed story I guess.

It's a fact then; SAO is a very interesting anime to make RPs out of in these times ^^ Not strange, since it's a pretty new anime that's becoming more and more popular as we speak. Not to mention that it's an awesome concept and carried out splendidly. Gosh, I can't wait for the next episode.
__________________
moderator of : Pokémon General
and of the : Roleplay Corner
paired with : abnegation
  #6164    
Old December 20th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Rose Quartz's Avatar
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: In your mind.
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
@RHCP- im watching the anime too, im still at episode 17 tho since i dont have alot time on the computer.

Is it really that similair? :c ill think of another plot then >.<
__________________
Pair
Roleplays
Deviantart
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
  #6165    
Old December 20th, 2012, 01:27 PM
銀ヤミ's Avatar
銀ヤミ
Fighting to Renew my Past...
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Elysia
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
I just submitted the OOC Thread for HYRULE: The Golden Era. Until it's accepted by Skymin, here's a nice snippet for those interested:

A LINEAR PLOT:
The people of Hyrule had lost faith in the three Goddesses as their only hope for salvation was destroyed. However, Ganon was sealed and eliminated with the power of the Triforce. Peace was soon restored to Hyrule, and the Triforce was sealed away, after it was wished upon to restore the land. In the years following, there was a great incline, things were going well, crops were exceptionally well-grown, waters were crystal clear, and everything was in good condition. Even the people seemed more friendly. This was soon known as the Golden Era of Hyrule. The only worries in the world were the monsters roaming the land, but they never set foot in towns, and people were paid to travel with, for their weaponry and skills would ensure a safe arrival at the destination. Soon, rumors of dark characters were spread, evil sorcerers who quested to revive to the dark King Ganon. Although it was highly disbelieved, it still put people on edge. Some races became uncomfortable with one another, for fear that the peace between them would break. Others, however, came closer, bonded as they sought each other for protection. Others simply didn't care. It was entirely up to the person. You are one of these people. Your adventure begins here.
__________________


  #6166    
Old December 20th, 2012, 01:35 PM
adventure's Avatar
adventure
trust your doctor
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: 瑞典
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkSapphire View Post
@RHCP- im watching the anime too, im still at episode 17 tho since i dont have alot time on the computer.

Is it really that similair? :c ill think of another plot then >.<
No, no! Your RP seems more immediately plot-based, with Ghetsis and Arceus and all. And the players are special heroes. In my RP, all players are the same, mere players. And it's more of a sandbox-thing. At least in the beginning ^^ You definitely don't have to change it for my sake.

About the sign up though; you sure you don't want an appearance? Or maybe you mean appearance in the real world, while players will still have to write an appearance for their avatar? I didn't include an appearance part for the real humans in my RP either. It's not really necessary, I think :)
__________________
moderator of : Pokémon General
and of the : Roleplay Corner
paired with : abnegation
  #6167    
Old December 20th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Rose Quartz's Avatar
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: In your mind.
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
RHCP- i actually meant that the Rpers wont have to add their real appearences :3 i was actually thinking about a real appearence and game appearence though, because im thinking about making some events take place in the real world :3 i'll change it a little though, the plot i mean, i wouldn't want to copy your RP ;
__________________
Pair
Roleplays
Deviantart
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
  #6168    
Old December 20th, 2012, 04:10 PM
machomuu's Avatar
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: 'Murca
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Speaking of SAO, I wish someone would make a Dot Hack/The World RP. It's been years since the last game, CC2 refuses to bring Link over for reasons I can't begin to understand, and my Dot Hack cravings are running wild (/;o;)/

If it comes down to it, I might just make it myself. I've always been confident in my storytelling, it's the workload that I'm worried about -.-
__________________
  #6169    
Old December 20th, 2012, 08:53 PM
IceFyr1928's Avatar
IceFyr1928
Is now DeathofShadows
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Upper Canterlot, Equestria
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Greetings fellow RPers! It is not often that I come here!

Well, a certain RP, Dimensions Collide, has come to my attention, and I think that it is quite an interesting idea. You are a new trainer to the Bransife region, where Team Hurricane is fighting the central government by releasing not two but /FIVE/ new legendaries. You can choose to join them, stop them, or ignore them, to a point.

There are limited spots, so hurry before it fills up!
__________________
THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HACKED, AND FOR MY SAFETY I HAVE RELOCATED. YOU CAN FIND ME HERE
  #6170    
Old December 20th, 2012, 10:53 PM
SV's Avatar
SV
Moshi Moshi?
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Hello. My name is Supervegeta.

I'm posting here to advertise Xlugon Pyro's new Roleplay, One Piece: Raiders of the Grand Line. It's currently recruiting and looking to fill a few spots in the crew, including the cook, shipwright, navigator, and doctor positions. It's got amazing potential to be something great.

Now, I'm sure most of you already understand, but if you don't, know that my recommendation is essentially a guarantee. Go ahead and check this out.

-SV
__________________

Paired with the Epic Raikiri
  #6171    
Old December 21st, 2012, 03:41 AM
gimmepie's Avatar
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Australia
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Mild
I have recently come up with another RP draft (in the spirit of our supposed deaths today). It is set on a post-apocalyptic Earth, where the continents have merged into a new super-continent, the climate is dangerous and only small colonies independent of one another remain. It is mostly free play with objectives posted every now and again to be completed. So I'm looking at interest in this, especially compared to the FF styled RP I mentioned earlier. Admittedly I'll probably end up doing both eventually anyway.
__________________
Roleplay Corner|Forum Games|Pairs|Sig|Arch Nemesis|Pie
"I don't need a quote, I need pie" - Gimmepie
  #6172    
Old December 21st, 2012, 04:32 AM
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Gender: Female
Quote:
Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
@Lilizuki - Ah, a Western Fantasy themed RP. It's strange that there's only one of those that's currently active, so this is a nice sight. I like what your doing with the races and their geographies, its pretty creative. I'm also a fan of the cultures based in religion. This isn't based off of anything, is it?
Thanks. I'm a big fan of varied cultures, too.

There's no base for it, so to speak, but I did steal a few names.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
I agree with machomuu, this sounds good, especially if religion is included. The plot sounds a bit vague at the moment though, but I guess it will be clearer when you write it out in a post. Would you act as the GM, mainly?
Religion is most definitely included. The given plot vague because I have a tendency to ramble, and I didn't want my summary to be any longer than it was. The actual plot is planned out a fair bit more, so far.

And yes, I would act as the GM.
  #6173    
Old December 21st, 2012, 11:51 AM
revlis's Avatar
revlis
The Sentinel
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Syndicate HQ
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
So I thought I would give you guys a little teaser of my new Roleplay.... ;)

__________________
  #6174    
Old December 21st, 2012, 11:56 AM
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Gender: Female
I wonder what the swimsuit round will be like.
  #6175    
Old December 21st, 2012, 12:04 PM
CyBeastSaber's Avatar
CyBeastSaber
I'M BACK!
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cyber Space... where else...
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to CyBeastSaber
Quote:
Originally Posted by 雷影 イチロ View Post
So I thought I would give you guys a little teaser of my new Roleplay.... ;)

^ Now that.... would be fun.... hahahahaha...
__________________
deviant artist CyBeastSaber
Pokemon Y FC: 4098-2983-8064
Electric: Helioptile/Pachurisu/???? Galvantula <--- wut... i want that....
Pokemon SoulSilver Friend Code: 0002 5629 0917
Cookie Pointo:
PinkSapphire: 1

Guess that anime!
Quote:
Boy likes girl. Girl doesn't like boy. Boy is heartbroken and mulls around until BAM, he turns into seksay winged bishounen who catches the attention of girl but falls for girl's twin sister who falls for boy who falls for HER and-

Confusing? Betcha.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 04:05 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.