The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 29th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Dusk
Fighting to Renew my Past...

Nature: Lonely
HYRULE: The Golden Era is still readily available for sign-ups! I'd reccomend people try to fill up at least one spot in each race. The more the merrier!

Old December 29th, 2012, 01:44 PM
machomuu
The Lights in the Sky are Stars
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I'm still wondering why Hyrule doesn't have more fanfare; it's bucketloads of awesome.
Old December 29th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Dusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
I'm still wondering why Hyrule doesn't have more fanfare; it's bucketloads of awesome.
JJJJJJJJJJOOOOIIIIIINNNNUUUUUUSSSSSSS..........

Come, machomuu, you know you want to...

Old December 29th, 2012, 02:08 PM
machomuu
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfOfEve View Post
JJJJJJJJJJOOOOIIIIIINNNNUUUUUUSSSSSSS..........

Come, machomuu, you know you want to...
I want to, but I can't ;_; Being in too many RPs at once makes me slow down, and that's not good for anyone :p
Old December 29th, 2012, 02:22 PM
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian

Eve, that's not how you tempt people...

Machomuu, did you know that joining Hyrule: The Golden Era is a folk blessing in Russia? Every post is said to increase your manliness/beauty by 1%, and for every five posts, one person in the world will fall wildly in love with you. That's a 1 in 500 chance for them to be a millionaire!

Not to mention the free coffee maker, and the discount on scones from Wal-Mart (Until expiration)! Would you want to miss out on this deal? I know I don't!
Old December 29th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Dusk

Every post made goes to Ichiro, who's going through a drinking problem at the moment.

Every Character made goes to helping Skymin STOP TYPING IN ALL CAPITOLS!!

Every IC post feeds Supervegeta a hearty meal of Bacon, Sausage, Steak, and broken Scouter pieces.

You'd have to be crazy NOT to join!!

Old December 29th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian

I wish I could type in buildings of legislature, like Skymin. Seems like a useful talent.
Old December 30th, 2012, 08:00 AM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Nature: Quirky
Now now, kidlets. We're going a little bit silly. Why don't I push you back to normality with a nice topic?

What is your favourite kind of roleplay?
Old December 30th, 2012, 09:37 AM
MichaelaTheUchiha
Forever Shawol and Aileean

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skymin View Post
Now now, kidlets. We're going a little bit silly. Why don't I push you back to normality with a nice topic?

Oh, hey, no caps.

My favourite kind of roleplay would be a good one. Good plot, good GMs, good SUs, etc.

And "normality?" Pffft...

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r417/MichaelaTheUchiha/Onew277-2.jpg
Old December 30th, 2012, 12:29 PM
{Swan}
I Never Asked For This.

Nature: Naive
Advertisement time!

A Game of Luck is a roleplay modelled after the crazy dice nuzlocke style. For those whp don't know what that is, it's playing a Pokemon game, in this place roleplay, with the assumption that when your pokemon faints, they die. Add to that the crazy dice, meaning randomized evens, and let the craziness begin!

A Game Of Luck is a chapter-based journey roleplay set in future Sinnoh in an alternative Pokemon world where the casualties of Pokemon battle occur quite often. Death and injury are a normal part of the battling of Pokémon. All is not well in the Pokémon world, however, some people have started thinking that pokemon shouldn't be made to suffer just because of the whim of humans. The roleplay sets your character in the middle of things, where they will be confronted with questions of morality and mortality.

Sign-ups shall be open until the 1st of January, and about 5/6 people shall be accepted into the roleplay.

Find me on:

Storenvy :: DeviantART :: Tumblr :: Twitter
Old December 30th, 2012, 02:20 PM
machomuu
Community Supporter

Eh...you guys are making it so hard not to join Hyrule >.< Now I'm actually considering it...
Old December 30th, 2012, 06:55 PM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
Quote:

A sandbox-RP where I am free to roam about the field. But I'd also want a little goal in the story, so there's something important to do.

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Old December 31st, 2012, 03:56 AM
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
I've never really played a Zelda game and didn't think the plot/info told me enough to make me feel like I'd have a good time playing it, so. In case you wondered :D

Quote:

kidlets is a funny word

I don't even know anymore what my favorite kind of RP is. I really enjoyed Atlantis Arising for as long as it lasted. The GMs controlled most of the NPCs and made it feel like I was controlling a character in a video game or movie and that was awesome 8D downside was that I felt a bit restrained, not really daring to make up my own events or characters much.

RPs like journeys are always fun. Well, at least when you feel creative. Right now I'm not really creative on my own 8D And so I prefer RPs where you always interact with others within a thick plot. Right now, that is.

dave x jade // moderator of RPC and PGen
Old December 31st, 2012, 06:27 AM
Rose Quartz
Let's change our fate

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
Just found out I posted my OOC thread in the RP corner =.= stupid me…
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old December 31st, 2012, 06:49 AM
Nideous
The world refused to change...

Nature: Gentle
My favorite RP? Hm... I like journey RPs with room for me to make up my own adventure to how I get there. Especially ones flexible enough for me to bend things and make my own way, ones where I can go off some unexpected way, and will be allowed to roll with it within reason. RPs like that. I dislike being railroaded into a set story, where it's "This is how it will be, tough luck." x3

RIANBOW SPADE! (My answer to everything. )
Old December 31st, 2012, 07:53 AM
Dusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyDiamond View Post
A sandbox-RP where I am free to roam about the field. But I'd also want a little goal in the story, so there's something important to do.
HYRULE!! COME TO HYRULE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
I've never really played a Zelda game and didn't think the plot/info told me enough to make me feel like I'd have a good time playing it, so. In case you wondered :D
*unrealistic jaw drop* This is unacceptable. One of these days I'm going to lock you into a small dark room with a TV, consoles from NES to Wii, and every game from Legend of Zelda to Twilight Princess.

You don't have to play Skyward Sword... No one does.

Old December 31st, 2012, 08:22 AM
Rose Quartz
Let's change our fate

Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfOfEve View Post
HYRULE!! COME TO HYRULE!!
BACK OFF! He's already coming to my RP! XD
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old December 31st, 2012, 08:37 AM
Dusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkSapphire View Post
BACK OFF! He's already coming to my RP! XD
YOU TOO COME TO HYRULE YOU'LL ALL LOVE IT I SWEAR!!

Old January 1st, 2013, 03:56 PM
The_Original_Raitan
West Side

Quote:

I suppose I am in the minority here when I say that I prefer linear roleplays? What I mean by it, is those journey-esque ones where they give you an A/B/C choice for all players, and then they all could spin off into their own little stories. I don't know why, but a general sandbox roleplay to me tends to seem like a lot of dinking around. Just my two cents. ;p
Old January 1st, 2013, 04:42 PM
Somniac
Probably sleeping.
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
I'm pretty new around here, and was wondering if there were any RPs which are just starting, as I'm interested in joining one. I have participated in RPs before, although not a huge amount.
One with a decent overarching plot whilst not forcing the characters down any particular route would be good, however that said, I'm not too picky.

As long as it's pretty new then I'd be interested.

Nothing with too many characters / plots going on at once either, that would overwhelm my little brain.
Old January 1st, 2013, 04:46 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Hey!! Welcome to our little Roleplay Corner!

I know Pokemon Fallout and The Pokemon Trainer Academy is always a good place for new people to start (I'm not sure if they have any places left XD)

If you want to join a roleplay that hasn't started yet, have a look through the latest accepted roleplays in this thread here (clicky) or just subscribe to the thread and wait until I accept the new submitted threads. :)

Anyways, have fun ok!
Old January 1st, 2013, 06:51 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Nature: Hardy
I would warn that I personally think Pokemon Fallout has a significantly higher effort requirement in order to get in. There's a lot more... reading involved, and the setting is very, very dark compared to your average roleplay. (Meaning most characters will have to be rewritten to fit into the world of Fallout, even if they're already meant for the Pokemon World.)

That being said, it's still run by me and I'm exceedingly forgiving and willing to help everyone, but I'd still be hesitant to call it beginner friendly, at least on the level that The Pokemon Trainer Academy is.

That also being said, Pokemon Fallout has unlimited spots unlike PTA. I can afford to do that because also unlike PTA there /is no/ overarching plot, but in it's place is a very rich world full of lots of material roleplayers can use to craft their own plots to play out with eachother. (The general idea is that if your plot changes the world enough for better or worse the roleplay will then end.)

Of course, I myself have plots of my own going on to offer people something to join in on. They are just not mandated by the RP itself. (Like I always say, my job in Fallout is basically to help people and enforce the rules.) I'm not advising against joining it so much as I want to make sure the people that /do/ join are happy with their choice. :P
Old January 1st, 2013, 10:38 PM
Axeliira
the wants what it wants

I actually dont have a preference when it comes to the style of the roleplay. As long as the roleplay has a good plot, and has loads of interaction in it, I'll join it! Doesn't matter if it's sandbox or chaptered or anything like that. lol

Speaking of which...I am on a break from it, but I'll still be posting on this thread. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somniac View Post
I'm pretty new around here, and was wondering if there were any RPs which are just starting, as I'm interested in joining one. I have participated in RPs before, although not a huge amount.
One with a decent overarching plot whilst not forcing the characters down any particular route would be good, however that said, I'm not too picky.

As long as it's pretty new then I'd be interested.

Nothing with too many characters / plots going on at once either, that would overwhelm my little brain.
I think Skymin has got you covered in getting you started to roleplay~! If you check the Check to See If Your Roleplay Is Accepted thread, you can see which roleplays are recently accepted, and you can go see if the roleplay is taking spots. Hopefully there are some that are taking spots!

If you have any questions, you can always ask one of us awesome members, or Skymin...she is very helpful~

Welcome aboard and have fun!
11/21/2014 / Staff Collab 2014
Old January 1st, 2013, 10:49 PM
SV
It was justified

They certainly took their time to announce, but congratulations to all the winners in the RPAs!

Paired with the Epic Raikiri
Old January 1st, 2013, 11:21 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Speaking of checking to see new roleplays, I posted my own new roleplay!!!

CLOUD v6.66 and you should totally check it out by clicking this entire sentence.

PLEASE!! THANK-YOU!! OKAY!!

ALSO congrats to the RPA winners!! Yay!!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links