Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner
Reload this Page Roleplay Discussion Thread

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old January 10th, 2013 (04:19 PM).
dreaming a transient dream.

Nature: Mild
Spontaneous driveby advertisement. Even though you've probably already done so... take another look anyway!

~あさきゆめみし君と~

さくらの色 いとしさの花 あさきゆめみし君と
そっとそっと口づけをして 涙あふれてく

pair · in tempore momenti · personal vloid playlist
d.c. ii art assets belong to circus. text: tororo.
Old January 10th, 2013 (06:17 PM).
silver princess
CS

Nature: Brave
I'd say no to WoW roleplay, but I'm interested to know how will this game turn into a roleplay. xD

Quote originally posted by Nakuzami:
How long does it take you to create your own characters?

Are we talking about just thinking of the character or writing the sign-up?

If it's just creating the character, then I think of mine almost instantly. Granted, many of the characters will be edited from this raw form, but there are also those that remain the same. And, yes, I do mean instantly. It takes me about thirty seconds to envision a new character. It might take me a few minutes to add in all of the detail, though.

If we're talking about writing a sign-up, then it could be anywhere from a few minutes, to a few hours, to a few days. @_@
It can be both, SU or characters in general. So both of your answers would count. xD

Quote originally posted by 1ninjadude1701:
Just thought it be worth mentioning that I'm coming back. I'm back because the goal i wanted to achieve I simply couldn't and will not happen within the time i gave myself so naturally I come back to where I hopefully belong and that is here. I will need tons of help to truly get started RPing for realz. But most importantly I will be back here for good.
i kneeeeeeeeeeeew ittttt See? Roleplay will get to you and will make you come back. Hopefully these past day or so, you've rested enough and ready to bounce back. :)
'Cause you can learn to fly...on the way down.
Old January 10th, 2013 (07:21 PM).

Nature: Quiet
I guess. I'm currently racking my brain for some sort of idea for an rp I've thought of a couple bases for idea already. Like Pokemon except that you have to graduate from an academy in Pallet Town and you pass when you catch your starter Pokemon and then start your adventure in he Pokemon world. Also for this idea post content can affect your starter you catch. Also two new teams make an appearance throughout the Pokemon world. Team Earthquake and Team Hurricane who use technology to implant Pokemon abilities into themselves while killing the Pokemon that was implanted into them. Their ultimate goal is world domination and total anarchy.

What do u think?

My new pokemon rp

http://pokemonchallengersrp.proboards.com/index.cgi

Join if you like a challenge.
Old January 10th, 2013 (07:51 PM).
Grant me the power of revolution!
Gold Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by 1ninjadude1701:
I guess. I'm currently racking my brain for some sort of idea for an rp I've thought of a couple bases for idea already. Like Pokemon except that you have to graduate from an academy in Pallet Town and you pass when you catch your starter Pokemon and then start your adventure in he Pokemon world. Also for this idea post content can affect your starter you catch. Also two new teams make an appearance throughout the Pokemon world. Team Earthquake and Team Hurricane who use technology to implant Pokemon abilities into themselves while killing the Pokemon that was implanted into them. Their ultimate goal is world domination and total anarchy.

What do u think?
I have but one question: why do the teams want world domination and total anarchy?
Old January 10th, 2013 (08:17 PM).
silver princess
CS

I honestly think total anarchy is...quite a bit extreme imo. xD I like the concept of that idea, though. I echo Macho's question on the team's goal. :P
Old January 10th, 2013 (08:19 PM).

Nature: Quiet
Sorry forgot to add that they want it because all of the members were reject from getting a Pokemon and by joining team earthquake or hurricane they can fulfill both there dream of getting a Pokemon as well as get their revenge. Though my setting is going to change a bit. Now everything is digital and poke balls are obsolete now. Instead they use a device called the pokecloud which can let the wilder transform into any Pokemon in there pokedex. So just seeing a Pokemon means you can control it. All the data is managed on a server team by the name of cloud which is taken over by team hurricane and earthquake in every region but kanto. The way they achieved this was to take over the leaders mind and the only way to free them is to beat them. Which once all the leaders in every region are themselves again cloud can function properly again.

My new pokemon rp

http://pokemonchallengersrp.proboards.com/index.cgi

Join if you like a challenge.
Old January 10th, 2013 (08:39 PM).
Grant me the power of revolution!
Gold Tier

@ninjadude - This poses a few more questions.

First, why are there two teams? It seems that these teams are the product of the same misfortune, so there's really no need for there to be two teams...at least, from what I understand of the story.

Second, about the Pokecloud. Supposedly, one is to go to the academy in Pallet to venture into the world and, to graduate, one needs to capture a pokemon. However, in the second post, you state that pokeballs are obsolete and that people can actually transform into the pokemon upon seeing them. So, my question is, how does one catch that starter pokemon if the technology is obselete? Also, why does one need to go to the academy at all if they can just transform into a pokemon and head out right away.

Third, Team Hurricane and Team Earthquake, as was stated, were those who were not able to graduate from the academy and thus, as an act of revenge, banded together and now they seek world domination and total anarchy. This poses a couple of problems. For instance, even if I am to assume that every region has an academy, that there are actually enough expelled students to take down several cloud servers, which seem to be an incredibly important part of the world's culture and infrastructure and would probably be heavily guarded? Where do they get that kind of power? More on that, how is it that they manage to control the minds of the gym leaders? Finally, probably my biggest question, why do they want world domination and total anarchy? I mean, I understand that they're pissed, but the problem is that they seem to be just fine travelling the world as they are, so why do they want to cause chaos and take over just because they got expelled?

I'm not trashing the story or anything like that (and I'm actually quite interested as to where you will go with the Pokecloud idea), but I just want you to, at the very least, consider these questions as you go along with the development; this could turn into quite the roleplay.
Old January 10th, 2013 (09:39 PM). Edited January 10th, 2013 by Nebula.
♚ Here's looking at you, kid.

Good day, everyone. This is my first time posting in this thread so I would just like to say hello, and it is a pleasure to meet you all. :)

I was hoping to do a small interest check if that's alright? I have an idea for a roleplay that I might work on over the month or so in between college and such. Feel free to speak your mind. Based on the following, would you like to see something like this and/or participate in it?
Pokémon Plot - This storyline takes place in an alternate universe from all games and anime. It resides in a time slightly more primitive with a somewhat medieval feel.

Each attempt at disturbing the peace of Morca has be thwarted time and time again, and eventually crime syndicates such as Team Phantom and their successors disbanded, leaving an era of peace across the region. Yet unrest began to settle upon the people as the monarchy began to inflict stricter laws and raiding villages of those residing on the outskirts of the Dartesian Empire. Guards collect high taxes paid in coin, food, supplies, and even captured Pokémon. The injustice sparked a rebellion from the people in the outskirts called the Insurgency. Tension began to rise and battles broke out between the two opposing forces. You play on either the side of the Dartesian Empire or the Insurgency. You have been called upon to seek out an ancient tome that will summon a legendary Pokémon to help the cause. The Empire wishes to obtain Yveltal, the Pokémon of Havoc; the Insurgency looks for the aid of Xerneas, the Pokémon of Salvage. Along with these quests, various other side plots and missions will be added and a chance to change sides later on will also be available.

Because this falls in what would be called the "early days" of Pokémon (despite involving the two newest legendary) technology like Pokéballs would be a new invention and cost far more than the average pay, thus their means of catching Pokémon would entail nets, traps, and anything else one could come up with. A Pokédex would be like a written manual with pictures rather than an electronic device. They too cost a little bit of coin based on the inflation of prices in the region. If someone does not own it they rely on either what they have heard or their instincts, or guesses. Though knowledge about the general Pokémon that roam the region is easy to come by and often known to an extent.

It will definitely be fleshed out more of course and any holes will be filled. I would love feedback and thoughts on complications, if any. I would appreciate any questions, comments, and whatnot. Thank you for your time!

Frequent Visitor of the Roleplay Corner // Roleplays - // Pairless
Old January 11th, 2013 (01:45 AM).

Nature: Lonely
Anyone think I could do any better with Earth and Sky?

Old January 11th, 2013 (07:45 AM).
A Glitch in the System

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by Quto:
Anyone think I could do any better with Earth and Sky?
You're fantastic with it, seriously. I certainly hope my leaving didn't cause you to think otherwise!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old January 11th, 2013 (08:58 AM).
Hey hoo~

Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
@Sovereign.-

I like your signature c: and your avatar.

Your plot sounds very interesting to me i would probably join if this would be made into a Roleplay I'm GMing a RP and i'm already in two RP's though, so i'm not sure if i would have the time for it

This is seriously gonna be my starter in Pokémon X or Y (i hope the evolutions are cool too)
Sisters
Theme
Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old January 11th, 2013 (09:54 AM).

Nature: Lonely
Quote originally posted by WolfOfEve:
You're fantastic with it, seriously. I certainly hope my leaving didn't cause you to think otherwise!
No! Of course not! XD
I just took someones advice and posted in the RP discussion thread. I figured if I'm going to post here, I could look up some advice to keep it moving or make it more interesting.

Old January 11th, 2013 (10:11 AM).
♚ Here's looking at you, kid.

@PinkSapphire -

Why, thank you! I have a soft spot for Kingdom Hearts. :3

That's great, I appreciate the interest. If or when made into an actual roleplay it will be further down the road since there is a lot to flesh out. Whenever you introduce a whole new world/region you have to build it from scratch and make sure any necessary details are in order. Which means a lot of work ahead. So, if down said road you have time, I would love to see you there. Thank you for the reply!

Oh I agree, when Pokémon X and Y are released (I myself leaning in the direction of X) Fennekin will be my starter as well. It's just so gosh darn adorable! Then again, that may change based on the evolutions of the other starters... Who knows. Nonetheless I am excited for those games.

Frequent Visitor of the Roleplay Corner // Roleplays - // Pairless
Old January 11th, 2013 (10:17 AM).
Hey hoo~

Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
Quote originally posted by Sovereign.:
@PinkSapphire -

Why, thank you! I have a soft spot for Kingdom Hearts. :3

That's great, I appreciate the interest. If or when made into an actual roleplay it will be further down the road since there is a lot to flesh out. Whenever you introduce a whole new world/region you have to build it from scratch and make sure any necessary details are in order. Which means a lot of work ahead. So, if down said road you have time, I would love to see you there. Thank you for the reply!

Oh I agree, when Pokémon X and Y are released (I myself leaning in the direction of X) Fennekin will be my starter as well. It's just so gosh darn adorable! Then again, that may change based on the evolutions of the other starters... Who knows. Nonetheless I am excited for those games.
teheheheh my boyfriend and I are huge fans of kingdom hearts X3

I think Fennekin might have the same evolution chain as Vulpix, but then again, Vulpix has only one evolution which is Ninetails so i hope Fennekin's evolutions look cool but the second evolution won't look exactly like Ninetails. And ofcourse i hope the third one is totally awesome.
Sisters
Theme
Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old January 11th, 2013 (08:28 PM).
Muffins forever

Nature: Quirky
Something I've only really just now noticed while working on my own SU for my RP is how much better I've become at writing up SUs in the past few months, even though I wasn't able to be around here to improve myself. For example, what once used to be short descriptions that didn't lend much to the imagination have now become long and detailed with more vivid descriptions. Guess I can thank all those long paragraphs my English teacher makes us write for warm-ups every day... XD

*insertsRPadvertisementcauseIcan* Four spots left~! I'm taking my time on my SU to give others time to join, but once it's done (which will likely be a few days at the rate I'm going), I'm going to post it if there are any extra spots and I'll remove any spots that haven't already been taken so those who have joined don't have to wait around for ages to start RPing. So, if you're interested in joining, claim a spot soon~
Old January 13th, 2013 (09:24 AM).
silver princess
CS

^ I know, right! Back then when I was new to roleplay, my SUs were a lot shorter than the SUs I've done now. It showed how much I've improved not only as a writer but also a thinker. Looking at some of the SUs I've done, some of then can be envisioned, while others need lots more information, like a little background history, description to clothing, hobbies, etc!

I'd show some comparison, but i iz on my phone. So eventually maybe!
Old January 13th, 2013 (02:03 PM).

Ah, seems like the legends were true after all. I have finally found the fabled Roleplay Corner! Truly a sight to behold...

With that being said, hello everyone! I'm new here at PC and the main reason I joined was to basically throw myself into this awesome looking community you guys got here! Even though I more or less still see myself as a newbie, I do have some basic RP experience under my belt. ^^

Anyway, I was wondering if any of you fellows have some interesting roleplays going on that could use a guy like me? I'm mostly into Pokemon RPs where you have some freedom, like maybe a few choices of what you can do, but at the same time there is a clear goal or mission that everyone is trying to reach or accomplish. If that makes any sense. But as long as the roleplay looks interesting to me, I would love to join it. :D

Also, I've got a question for you all.

What region do you like to roleplay in?

Everyone has their favorites of course, but the main reason I'm asking this is actually because I have my own RP that I'm working on. It's still in the early development stage but I can dream, right? Though I'm genuinely curious on your thoughts on this topic as well. :)
Old January 13th, 2013 (03:08 PM).
silver princess
CS

Yay a new member & roleplayer! Great to see ya here, Deloop!

I am sure there's plenty of roleplays who are accepting players like you. The Pokemon Trainer Academy, however, is one roleplay I do recommend you to join up because it has plenty of open spots! Its also newbie friendly and it'll give you an idea of how roleplay works here. we're a friendly bunch and we don't bite...so stick around and have fun! :)

I love roleplaying in the johto region. Its the region I absolutely adore the most, and know more about than other regions. Unova is a close second!

btw, check this thread http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=245624&page=10 and look at the last post of the thread for new roleplays!
Old January 13th, 2013 (03:31 PM).
★heroes
CS

Nature: Naive
@ Deloop, welcome to the thread my dear mentee~ I directed you to Pokémon Odyssey but they say that Pokémon Trainer Academy is a really good place for new RPers to start. Lots of players to interact with there and you can go about capturing pokémon in any way you want. There's also my own RP Monster Art Online in case you haven't checked it out already :] We're not that far and new players can start anywhere. I hope you'll find something you want to join soon!

Also, Kanto and Johto are my favorite RPing regions. Since I'm already in a Johto RP now, I'd love a Kanto one. But I would also be happy to see a Sinnoh RP since I never did finish the DS games in Sinnoh and would love to explore the region via a RP instead.
Old January 13th, 2013 (04:07 PM).
Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader

Send a message via Skype™ to TornZero
Quote originally posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers:
Also, Kanto and Johto are my favorite RPing regions. Since I'm already in a Johto RP now, I'd love a Kanto one. But I would also be happy to see a Sinnoh RP since I never did finish the DS games in Sinnoh and would love to explore the region via a RP instead.
Fallout is based in Sinnoh! (Though one person just decimated Eterna City, and the rest of the region is generally in disrepair, but still!)

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.
Old January 13th, 2013 (04:40 PM).
Muffins forever

@Deloop- It's not a Pokemon RP, but my RP Fargona: The Land of Dragons is still accepting members. I won't be posting the IC thread for a few more days, since I want to give more people time to join before we start RPing.

I don't really have a region of preference, though I usually have a more difficult time RPing in Hoenn, since I've never played Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald, so I have a more difficult time figuring out what's where even with a map. Though, I suppose if I were forced to choose, I'd choose Johto or Kanto.
Old January 13th, 2013 (05:22 PM). Edited January 13th, 2013 by VeganMacAndCheese.

Nature: Lax
Send a message via AIM to VeganMacAndCheese
I'm new, or at least haven't been here in for-ev-errr. Anyone want to point me to where the roleplays are that still need people? I want to come up with one myself, but that might take awhile, and I should probably go in one of someone else's first...

Edit: And I got a lame RP idea! Feel free to tell me if it's stupid, or if I should develop it more... what if it's a Hunger Games x Pokemon crossover, where we have 24 random teen OC's, 12 male, 12 female, fight to the death in an arena, with only what they can grab at the start to fight and survive. BUT instead of weapons and survival tools scattered at the start, there are 24 Pokeballs. You can grab one and run, or attempt to get away with more if you can, leaving others with none... but you don't know what Pokemon you're going to get from the Pokeballs.
Old January 13th, 2013 (05:49 PM).
Muffins forever

Quote originally posted by VeganMacAndCheese:
I'm new, or at least haven't been here in for-ev-errr. Anyone want to point me to where the roleplays are that still need people? I want to come up with one myself, but that might take awhile, and I should probably go in one of someone else's first...

Edit: And I got a lame RP idea! Feel free to tell me if it's stupid, or if I should develop it more... what if it's a Hunger Games x Pokemon crossover, where we have 24 random teen OC's, 12 male, 12 female, fight to the death in an arena, with only what they can grab at the start to fight and survive. BUT instead of weapons and survival tools scattered at the start, there are 24 Pokeballs. You can grab one and run, or attempt to get away with more if you can, leaving others with none... but you don't know what Pokemon you're going to get from the Pokeballs.
Pokemon Odyssey: A New Beginning, The Pokemon Trainer Academy, and Fargona: The Land of Dragons are still accepting members, though there are quite a few others.

I actually rather like that idea~ Not sure if I'd join, though, since, while I liked the Hunger Games books, I'm not a crazed fanatic. Once you've developed it more, though, I may reconsider.
Old January 13th, 2013 (05:58 PM).
silver princess
CS

Quote originally posted by VeganMacAndCheese:

Edit: And I got a lame RP idea! Feel free to tell me if it's stupid, or if I should develop it more... what if it's a Hunger Games x Pokemon crossover, where we have 24 random teen OC's, 12 male, 12 female, fight to the death in an arena, with only what they can grab at the start to fight and survive. BUT instead of weapons and survival tools scattered at the start, there are 24 Pokeballs. You can grab one and run, or attempt to get away with more if you can, leaving others with none... but you don't know what Pokemon you're going to get from the Pokeballs. >_>
Wow, new roleplayers are coming! :D Welcome aboard! :) Like I said to the other new member you should check out The Pokemon Trainer Academy, where spots are currently open. :) Aside from that, there are other roleplays like the one fortworth96 is advertising, that's also taking players as well. We're a chill group here, and you'll have lots of fun here. :)

As for the Hunger Games x Pokemon Crossover roleplay...I actually made one last year, but all of the players went MIA on me and I was extremely busy to post the IC thread to get it started. I like how you're driving that idea, though...probably better than mine xD Maybe we can work on that together and get rid of my other idea xD. Mine was more Pokemon based rather than humans and Pokemon. Shoot me a VM or a PM if you're interested! :)
Old January 13th, 2013 (06:53 PM).

Nature: Lax
Send a message via AIM to VeganMacAndCheese
Thanks for the tips. I attempted to submit a thingie just now outlining my idea a bit more, and I came up with Pokemon that represent the Districts available at the start, which was fun.

Sponsored Links