The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 14th, 2013 (01:57 AM).
Fort PokePower
Muffins forever

Nature: Quirky
I just thought of a really crazy RP idea that I think would be pretty awesome if I find a way for it to work, though it would takes ages of planning. Like, probably a year or more.

Basically, it revolves around the idea that fictional worlds in games, TV shows, etc. are real. Thought energy escapes from these other worlds and is attracted to certain people from other worlds, showing them bits of that world in there minds and making up what we call "imagination". As this thought energy continue to collect within a person, they often end up creating stories out of it, believing it was their own mind that created the story. I'm still working on coming up with a good reason, but one day, many people from the world "Earth" are transported to the world of Pokemon. They are then given a mission to complete that will lead them to the next fictional world, and so on.

I've already thought of a few ways this could possibly work as an RP, but I just wanted to see what everyone thinks of the idea first. If I do start making this, I'll probably need a lot of help with ideas and plot planning... XD

Roleplays I am in:
Sekirei: Wings of Fate (OOC/IC) as Fia and Akira Takako
Pokemon Odyssey: Search For Cresselia (OOC/IC) as Kaveri "Jetstream" Vian
One Piece: The Golden Age (OOC/IC) as Anahita Z. Firenze

Roleplays I GM:
Fargona: The Land of Dragons (OOC/IC) - Participating as Thia Rondamar
Old January 14th, 2013 (05:33 AM). Edited January 14th, 2013 by {Swan}.
{Swan}
I Never Asked For This.

Nature: Naive
Hey everyone!

Game of Luck: A Pokémon Nuzlocke Crazy Dice Roleplay is in dire need of participants! Do you enjoy Nuzlocke challenges? Have you always wanted to roleplay one? Here's your chance! For those whp don't know what that is, it's playing a Pokemon game, in this place roleplay, with the assumption that when your pokemon faints, they die.

The roleplay is governed by the "Crazy Dice", it works like this: Every time a new chapter is introduced, the dice shall be rolled twice for each roleplayer; once to determine what Pokémon they shall be allowed to catch; The other shall determine a random event. These events can mean anything, from positive things such as the immediate evolution of a Pokémon or infinite catching opportunity to negative thins like immediate Pokémon death or zero capture opportunity. Or maybe nothing happens. It's all in the hands of the die.

The roleplay is structured in chapters, giving the roleplayer the setting and the freedom to create their own adventure, with premade optional events to boot. Have a look at the OOC in the link below, and the IC here (with the first chapter good to go) and join us if you wish!

What region do you like to roleplay in?

I'm a bit tired of Kanta after having roleplayed (and gamed) there for quite a bit, but really I make no distictions. There haven't been very many rolepays in Unova yet. Also I can't wait to explore the new regions through writing, one the games come out!

Find me on:

Storenvy :: DeviantART :: Tumblr :: Twitter
Old January 14th, 2013 (06:51 AM).
Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortworth96 View Post
I just thought of a really crazy RP idea that I think would be pretty awesome if I find a way for it to work, though it would takes ages of planning. Like, probably a year or more.

Basically, it revolves around the idea that fictional worlds in games, TV shows, etc. are real. Thought energy escapes from these other worlds and is attracted to certain people from other worlds, showing them bits of that world in there minds and making up what we call "imagination". As this thought energy continue to collect within a person, they often end up creating stories out of it, believing it was their own mind that created the story. I'm still working on coming up with a good reason, but one day, many people from the world "Earth" are transported to the world of Pokemon. They are then given a mission to complete that will lead them to the next fictional world, and so on.

I've already thought of a few ways this could possibly work as an RP, but I just wanted to see what everyone thinks of the idea first. If I do start making this, I'll probably need a lot of help with ideas and plot planning... XD
I like this idea and would love to see you make the RP. I've been thinking something similar when I tried to think up a Digimon RP lately. Also when I tried to mix Homestuck + Pokémon. Not sure I'll be able to pit more ideas into your cauldron, but I'll still cheer for you.

to think you were once a stranger
and every day with you an adventure

Old January 14th, 2013 (02:17 PM).
Nakuzami
The Savior
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Okay, so I came up with this in Biology class today. It doesn't seem like a complete thought, but I think it would be interesting to make a roleplay out of. Opinions?

Spoiler:
People are the sum total of all of the events throughout their life. All of their memories, experiences, and actions shape them into the people that they are. Both the good and the bad times help a person to learn and grow, determining how they fare in life.

But what would happen if a person suddenly forgot these moments? If they suddenly forgot who they were? Would their personalities change, giving them a fresh start on a blank slate?

That's what the Second Chance Program is all about. We here at Lynetech have devised a way to reprogram the brain, to completely and safely erase all of a person's memory of their life. This gives us, as a people, access to a whole new world of possibilites.

By partnering up with the Judicial System of Hyvall, we have been able to completely eliminate the death penalty. Instead of sending an individual to their death, we can simply allow the person to forget their past and begin anew. This system can help usher in a new era of wealth and prosperity, ending crime and maintaining our population.

Lynetech - Innovation for the Greater Good.
The roleplayers would be (supposed) criminals that received the death penalty, but instead got a free pass to Lynetech's new program. No, not everyone would have been a criminal. No, you won't know your character's history or that of anyone else. Yes, there are more dark secrets lying beneath Lynetech that you will have to discover (although I've yet to determine what those might be).

What region do you like to roleplay in?

Anything, honestly. I've mostly roleplayed in original regions. I've roleplayed in Kanto once, a little bit in Johto once, Hoenn for a time in A New Professor In Town, Sinnoh . . . I don't think I have, and I haven't roleplayed in Unova.
So, I've yet to even roleplay in each region once, and never have I roleplayed in the same region twice.
Old January 14th, 2013 (02:47 PM).
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakuzami View Post
Okay, so I came up with this in Biology class today. It doesn't seem like a complete thought, but I think it would be interesting to make a roleplay out of. Opinions?

Spoiler:
People are the sum total of all of the events throughout their life. All of their memories, experiences, and actions shape them into the people that they are. Both the good and the bad times help a person to learn and grow, determining how they fare in life.

But what would happen if a person suddenly forgot these moments? If they suddenly forgot who they were? Would their personalities change, giving them a fresh start on a blank slate?

That's what the Second Chance Program is all about. We here at Lynetech have devised a way to reprogram the brain, to completely and safely erase all of a person's memory of their life. This gives us, as a people, access to a whole new world of possibilites.

By partnering up with the Judicial System of Hyvall, we have been able to completely eliminate the death penalty. Instead of sending an individual to their death, we can simply allow the person to forget their past and begin anew. This system can help usher in a new era of wealth and prosperity, ending crime and maintaining our population.

Lynetech - Innovation for the Greater Good.
The roleplayers would be (supposed) criminals that received the death penalty, but instead got a free pass to Lynetech's new program. No, not everyone would have been a criminal. No, you won't know your character's history or that of anyone else. Yes, there are more dark secrets lying beneath Lynetech that you will have to discover (although I've yet to determine what those might be).
Interesting twist on the standard amnesia plot, assuming it doesn't revert to that at some point.

However; how would one distinguish between characters, besides appearance? I assume they would have no personality to speak of, because experiences are what build personalities, and I doubt what they've learned in life will remain (Unless somebody inexplicably knows how to kill a man with a fishing hook/other criminal activities). Are they perhaps pre-packaged personalities and skills?
Old January 14th, 2013 (03:10 PM).
Nakuzami
The Savior
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilizuki View Post
Interesting twist on the standard amnesia plot, assuming it doesn't revert to that at some point.

However; how would one distinguish between characters, besides appearance? I assume they would have no personality to speak of, because experiences are what build personalities, and I doubt what they've learned in life will remain (Unless somebody inexplicably knows how to kill a man with a fishing hook/other criminal activities). Are they perhaps pre-packaged personalities and skills?
Well, I just utilized the Power of Google, and I think that it will mainly erase Episodic Memories. That way people will retain their skills and language abilities, and things of the sort.

The idea of pre-packaged personalities certainly sounds interesting . . . I'll have to consider that. If anything else, I guess they would just retain a basic thread of personality and rely on their new experiences to shape it. Like an amnesiac, as you said.
Old January 14th, 2013 (03:20 PM).
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian

Gotcha.

So, are you going for soft science with this premise, or hard science?
Old January 14th, 2013 (03:25 PM).
Nakuzami
The Savior
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilizuki View Post
Gotcha.

So, are you going for soft science with this premise, or hard science?
I have no idea. ._. (I'm not even sure what that's asking. . . .)

Let's just say I was in science class, got inspired and now feel like going a bit crazy and be done with it. xD
Old January 14th, 2013 (03:27 PM).
Cirrus
dreaming a transient dream.

Nature: Mild
I assume soft science means it doesn't have to make perfect sense and hard science means that it will be entirely accurate scientifically.

What's your primary "conflict"?

~あさきゆめみし君と~

さくらの色 いとしさの花 あさきゆめみし君と
そっとそっと口づけをして 涙あふれてく

pair · in tempore momenti · personal vloid playlist
d.c. ii art assets belong to circus. text: tororo.
Old January 14th, 2013 (03:33 PM).
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
I assume soft science means it doesn't have to make perfect sense and hard science means that it will be entirely accurate scientifically.
More or less this, yeah.

An example of soft science would be Star Wars.

An example of hard science would be 2001: A Space Odyssey
Old January 14th, 2013 (03:46 PM).
Nakuzami
The Savior
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post

What's your primary "conflict"?
I'ma just say soft science, just because I have no idea what I have in store yet.

This I will have to think about. I only have the basic outline of any of the story complete yet, so I'll have to work on it a bit more tomorrow. Of course, I'm open to suggestions.

Oh . . .

. . . I also thought about a superhero roleplay the other day. Considering a number of superheroes in comics are "icons", meaning nobody knows who they are and they get replaced under the same title, I figured roleplayers could take up the mantle of a hero, such as Batman. //lol pay no attention to this
Old January 14th, 2013 (08:54 PM).
OrangeNess
Layton Lover

Nature: Docile
Hello people of the Roleplay Corner! About a month ago I had this idea for a mystrey pokemon RP but never got around to putting it up. I am putting what I have of the story, please read it and give constrctive criticism. Thank you! (And yes I know that it's a little cliche, and it's not in a spoiler because I couldn't get it to work)

Recentally, a theatre has oppened up in Hearthome City in the Sinnoh region,and since the day it opened, people have been flocking to it. The theatre wasnamed "The Theatre of Delayed Dreams". People in all regions are talking about the amazing shows that are featured at this theatre in Hearthome.Playwrites everywhere want their show to be featured there, too. On a warm autumn day, a poster for a new play was put on the front door that read,"COME TO THE EVENT OF THE CENTURY". Strangely, it did not say who wrote the play on the poster or what it was about, and instead had a picture of an unnamed pokeball.
The day of the show came along, and people were psyched to come and see it.An entire group of students came to it, too. It was a fantastic musical about ayoung girl and her Jigglypuff trying to make their way in the world. The playfinished, and the audience applauded. Then a voice said over the loudspeaker,"Do not leave, my friends, the show is only just begining," and the back curtain opened up to reveal two glowing yellow eyes. Once revealed, the eyes were giving off a chilly wind. "Now, now, my friends. Do not run," the voice said, "or my pokemon partner will freeze you. Like so." Then, one of the people trying to escape was hit by an ice beam, and frozen. The remaining people were held for 24 hours, tormented by the voice. The voice mocked them, saying how long they had left until they could leave every hour.Once the 24 hour timer was up, the curtain closed and the voice said,"Thank you for coming to our preformance. Come back soon!" And a constant, menicle laugh could be heard. Once the people leave in a quick manner, outside they see snow everywhere. It was peculiar to have snow in autumn for Hearthome City, but many of the former captives didn't pay any mind to the snow and retured to their loved ones' arms. After this, the people of the town created a group to find the voice from the theatre, for they wanted reenge for what they did to them. No one can figure out who he is. Fifteen captives that were kids decide that the adults aren't getting anywhere, and that they should take the responsibility upon themselves.
Old January 14th, 2013 (08:55 PM).
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Hey guys just wondering how everyone here would feel about an RP based around the player being a reaper (think Grim Reaper). This is an excerpt from my draft below.

Spoiler:

For as long as sentience has existed so have reapers. Reapers are charged with keeping the balance across the various realms of existence: making sure there is more good than evil in the various realms so that evil people can’t take over but also making sure there is enough evil in the worlds to maintain motivation, fear and morals. They kill those who need to die, regardless if they are good or evil, and protect those who don’t. They also have other duties such as protecting Library City and couriering lost souls to Heaven and Hell.
Recently however a group with reaper-like powers has appeared and has been trying to offset this balance with intentions of creating anarchy across the various realms and benefiting off of the chaos. This group is known as the anti-reapers and are coming into contact with reapers more and more often.

Basically the players are given missions to complete that follow an overall plot and relate to the various duties of reapers.
Old January 14th, 2013 (10:00 PM).
Kawaii Pikachu :3
"The Cutiest Pokemon Gamer!"

Nature: Gentle
Hi everyone! Pika! :3

I am new to the RP Corner and wanted to see if I could join in on all the RP fun! I do have some experience with RPing but I haven't done anything too "official". I have been Naruto RPing for about 4 years with my friends. They were the ones where I created my own character and was a part of the Naruto world but we had things like: "I said to move!" *pushes Naruto out of the way* (I know that is not allowed here).

I used to RP on another site I was a member of and it was a little more formal but still was amateur-ish. I haven't been on there in forever though.

I am also a fan-fic writer and am used to writing professional essays (thanks to school/college lol) so I'm sure I can adjust to official RPing. (Just need a little guidance at first until I can get the flow of the things)

I have never been a GM but wouldn't mind learning someday.

I am 22 so I am open for any RP rating.

I don't want this to sound creepy or anything but I wouldn't mind trying an RP where it is in the Pokémon world and others can choose to be trainers but also a trainer's Pokémon. Example: I could play someone's Pikachu in the RP. I could start out as a wild Pokémon, become captured/befriended, and then be on their team. Kind of like an Ash and Pikachu type thing. If my trainer gets into a battle he/she can call on me to fight for them or I can stand beside them and be the cute, comic relief of the RP.

It's nice to meet you all and maybe join in on some of your RPs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovereign. View Post
Good day, everyone. This is my first time posting in this thread so I would just like to say hello, and it is a pleasure to meet you all.

I was hoping to do a small interest check if that's alright? I have an idea for a roleplay that I might work on over the month or so in between college and such. Feel free to speak your mind. Based on the following, would you like to see something like this and/or participate in it?
Pokémon Plot - This storyline takes place in an alternate universe from all games and anime. It resides in a time slightly more primitive with a somewhat medieval feel.

Each attempt at disturbing the peace of Morca has be thwarted time and time again, and eventually crime syndicates such as Team Phantom and their successors disbanded, leaving an era of peace across the region. Yet unrest began to settle upon the people as the monarchy began to inflict stricter laws and raiding villages of those residing on the outskirts of the Dartesian Empire. Guards collect high taxes paid in coin, food, supplies, and even captured Pokémon. The injustice sparked a rebellion from the people in the outskirts called the Insurgency. Tension began to rise and battles broke out between the two opposing forces. You play on either the side of the Dartesian Empire or the Insurgency. You have been called upon to seek out an ancient tome that will summon a legendary Pokémon to help the cause. The Empire wishes to obtain Yveltal, the Pokémon of Havoc; the Insurgency looks for the aid of Xerneas, the Pokémon of Salvage. Along with these quests, various other side plots and missions will be added and a chance to change sides later on will also be available.

Because this falls in what would be called the "early days" of Pokémon (despite involving the two newest legendary) technology like Pokéballs would be a new invention and cost far more than the average pay, thus their means of catching Pokémon would entail nets, traps, and anything else one could come up with. A Pokédex would be like a written manual with pictures rather than an electronic device. They too cost a little bit of coin based on the inflation of prices in the region. If someone does not own it they rely on either what they have heard or their instincts, or guesses. Though knowledge about the general Pokémon that roam the region is easy to come by and often known to an extent.

It will definitely be fleshed out more of course and any holes will be filled. I would love feedback and thoughts on complications, if any. I would appreciate any questions, comments, and whatnot. Thank you for your time!

I love the idea of this RP. Whenever you get it ready let me know. I'd love to join in on it!
Old January 14th, 2013 (10:16 PM).
Fort PokePower
Muffins forever

Welcome to the RP Corner, Kawaii~ If you're looking for a newb friendly RP that'll give you time to adjust to PC's way of RP, I hear The Pokemon Trainer Academy is good place to start, though I myself have never been in it. Of course, there are other RPs open to new members if you check around in the Roleplay Lounge.

I'd make an RP like that if I wasn't already busy working on another, rather complicated RP idea that recently popped into my head. Perhaps whenever you decide to GM an RP you can use it yourself.

Roleplays I am in:

Roleplays I GM:
Old January 14th, 2013 (10:39 PM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortworth96 View Post
Welcome to the RP Corner, Kawaii~ If you're looking for a newb friendly RP that'll give you time to adjust to PC's way of RP, I hear The Pokemon Trainer Academy is good place to start, though I myself have never been in it. Of course, there are other RPs open to new members if you check around in the Roleplay Lounge.

I'd make an RP like that if I wasn't already busy working on another, rather complicated RP idea that recently popped into my head. Perhaps whenever you decide to GM an RP you can use it yourself.

Thank you! I will check out The Pokémon Trainer Academy and the Roleplay Lounge.

I might just do that. Is there any place where I can learn to become a GM or is it just "learn by experience"?
Old January 14th, 2013 (10:45 PM).
Fort PokePower
Muffins forever

@Kawaii- If you check the Roleplay Corners rules there are some useful tips and links to other helpful threads.

Roleplays I am in:

Roleplays I GM:
Old January 15th, 2013 (03:48 AM).
{Swan}
I Never Asked For This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimmepie View Post
Hey guys just wondering how everyone here would feel about an RP based around the player being a reaper (think Grim Reaper). This is an excerpt from my draft below.

Spoiler:

For as long as sentience has existed so have reapers. Reapers are charged with keeping the balance across the various realms of existence: making sure there is more good than evil in the various realms so that evil people can’t take over but also making sure there is enough evil in the worlds to maintain motivation, fear and morals. They kill those who need to die, regardless if they are good or evil, and protect those who don’t. They also have other duties such as protecting Library City and couriering lost souls to Heaven and Hell.
Recently however a group with reaper-like powers has appeared and has been trying to offset this balance with intentions of creating anarchy across the various realms and benefiting off of the chaos. This group is known as the anti-reapers and are coming into contact with reapers more and more often.

Basically the players are given missions to complete that follow an overall plot and relate to the various duties of reapers.
That sounds really awesome, I'd definitely be interested in a roleplay like that! I'd love to read more about it C:

Find me on:

Old January 15th, 2013 (04:07 AM).
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian

Quote:

Spoiler:

By "Sentient", are you sure you don't mean "Sapient"? It could go either way, but people often confuse them.

If I were an Anti-Reaper, I'd want a snazzier group-name. Just sayin'. ;P
Old January 15th, 2013 (05:39 AM). Edited January 15th, 2013 by gimmepie.
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

haha I'm going to think of a better name for them and as soon as I do I'll use it, suggestions?

Sentient meaning able to feel and understand things (I'm assuming Sapient is referring to human-like) (There'd be no need before it since there can be no good or evil without it)

If anybody is interested PM and I'm happy to give you any further information you'd like (I'm also open to a more experienced RPer co-gming)
Old January 15th, 2013 (05:47 AM).
{Swan}
I Never Asked For This.

Quote:
haha I'm going to think of a better name for them and as soon as I do I'll use it, suggestions?

Sentient meaning able to feel and understand things (I'm assuming Sapient is referring to human-like) (There'd be no need before it since there can be no good or evil without it)

If anybody is interested PM and I'm happy to give you any further information you'd like (I'm also open to a more experienced RPer co-gming)
Sentient means feeling/perceiving with senses and sapient means wise/thinking, both coming from Latin (Sentiens and sapiens)

Find me on:

Old January 15th, 2013 (07:13 AM).
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

I didn't do half bad on my definition then, but that is definitely what I meant. Thanks for the better way of putting it.
Old January 15th, 2013 (09:25 AM).
Axeliira
the sugar plum fairy

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii Pikachu :3 View Post
Thank you! I will check out The Pokémon Trainer Academy and the Roleplay Lounge.

I might just do that. Is there any place where I can learn to become a GM or is it just "learn by experience"?
If you want to learn how to GM, it can be a way of experience. I learned how to be a GM by spectating roleplays and whatnot. However, there's a section about GMing a roleplay in this lovely guide here, where it explains *how* to GM a roleplay, *what* a GM does in a roleplay, as well as *why* being a GM is fun, but also tedious. My way of learning is to spectate a roleplay, but you are more than welcome to ask any questions regarding that anytime. Us roleplayers are more than happy to answer them. <3

By the way, welcome aboard! Like fortworth mentioned, The Pokemon Trainer Academy is a great roleplay to start at and currently it has a ton of spots open at this time. Why not join? Also, check this thread (more so the last post of the thread) to see which roleplays have just been approved and *should* have open spots at this time. Good luck, and again, don't hesitate to ask for help. :D
Everyone would have a friend,
& right would always win,
& love would never end.
This is my grown-up Christmas list.
Moderator of FC&G ~ Paired to Buoysel & Kanzler
slight leave of absence 12/23 - 12/28 ~ Merry Christmas!

Old January 15th, 2013 (06:07 PM).

Thank you Leaf Storm!

I will check out the forum about the GM. I will definitely make sure to ask if I have any questions.

I have checked out The Pokémon Trainer Academy. I am in the process of the making my own character to present. They have a lot of information that I still have to go over with them also.

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome and all the help I hope to see some of you in RPs sometime!
Old January 15th, 2013 (06:07 PM).
Nakuzami
The Savior
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfOfEve View Post
WOLFY.EXE HAS CRASHED
REBOOT APPLICATION?
Y/N

y

REBOOTING WOLFY.EXE
REBOOT SUCCESSFUL.
LAUNCH APPLICATION?
Y/N

y

LAUNCHING WOLFY.EXE

Once again, I have chosen to 'Supernova' as some of you may recall happening in the past. My shoddy post quality is a mixture of stress, time restraint, and personal problems. However, despite these issues, I've rebooted myself, which means a new Avatar and Signature (both of which I made myself), Profile Colors, Details, and an all-new Post Format.

I am Reborn. Rebooted. Refreshed.

Thank you for your time.
‹WOLFY›
OH MY GOD, ROBOT! ROBOT! ROBOT!!!!

@gimmiepie - That certainly sounds like a most interesting idea . . . I'd certainly like to try it out. Just, well, obviously it needs expansion and more detail, but . . . anti-Reapers sounds boring, as Lilizuki said, lol. d: (darn it Skymin, I'm using your weird form of the "tongue" smilie xD)

@machomuu - Lies! Or not . . . I'm honestly not sure. Let's call in the false deity Supervegeta and se what he has to say about it. d:

Sponsored Links