Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Theatre > Roleplay Stage
Reload this Page Roleplay Discussion Thread

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Stage This is where the In-Character roleplaying happens. Before you create a thread here, recruit some players in Roleplay Casting. Your very own legend is about to unfold! A world of dreams and adventures awaits! Let's go!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old January 15th, 2013 (08:21 PM).
Furude
ModeratorEO

Nature: Mild
@Nakazumi: I have put quite a bit more detail into it and I am still refining it. I'm happy to PM those of you who are interested when it is up if you'd like.

"All right. I'll play a game with this endless June."

Roleplay Theatre | The Underground |
Pairs
Lokiepie, Chalifoux & Crunch Punch
|
Blog
The Pie Bakery

Old January 15th, 2013 (09:06 PM).
Muffins forever

Nature: Quirky
I've been working a bit on the idea I mentioned earlier, and this is what I've come up with so far.
Spoiler:
im·ag·i·na·tion [ih-maj-uh-ney-shuh n]

noun
1. the faculty of imagining, or of forming mental images or concepts of what is not actually present to the senses.
2. the action or process of forming such images or concepts.
3. the faculty of producing ideal creations consistent with reality, as in literature, as distinct from the power of creating illustrative or decorative imagery. Compare fancy ( def 2 ) .
4. the product of imagining; a conception or mental creation, often a baseless or fanciful one.
5. ability to face and resolve difficulties; resourcefulness: a job that requires imagination.

These are the definitions of “imagination” that have been picked and chosen by society to represent the word. But what if imagination was more than just fanciful thinking? What if it was real?

There is another hidden meaning to the word. One very few in the universe know of, but one many will soon come to learn of. Imagination in it's most basic form is the result of thought energy implanting itself in a person's mind. Where does this thought energy come from, you ask? Why, from the very worlds we believe are of our own imagination, of course.

What exactly is thought energy? When a person temporarily forgets something, that means thought energy has been created from whatever images and words were in the thought. This thought energy then escapes from the world of its origin and seeks a person to implant itself in. Thoughts specific to certain worlds tend to be attracted to specific kinds of people, and it is these people whose minds they enter. Once thought energy enters a person's mind, it becomes nothing more than a thought again, along with the knowledge it carried with it. The person sees these seemingly fantastical words and images as their own ideas, and thus Imagination is born.

Plot
In the year 2150, progress on Earth began to slow. Imagination either completely left the inventors the world used to depend on, or it would plague a person to such an extent that they would lose their minds and become immersed in the fantasies inside their heads, forgetting who they were and what their purpose in life was. The few who have still retained their Imagination as well as their minds are not enough to keep society moving forward, and so before long, progress completely ground to a halt. Those who hadn't gone crazy no longer felt the need to enjoy life like they used to and simply went about doing what they needed to to get by without making much of an attempt to expand their horizons. Their minds became closed to change, and this caused them to shun any attempts made by those who still had the Imagination to drive the world forward.

Then one night, those still driven by Imagination had a dream.

This is going to go through a lot of changes, especially the plot. Which, of course, isn't anywhere near finished yet.
Old January 16th, 2013 (12:16 AM).
the heroes of our time
ModeratorEO

Nature: Naive
It's amazing to see all these new RP ideas and the Roleplay Corner certainly grows with more RPs. I just want to throw a gentle reminder out there for people to remember to have fun and care about the RPs they are already playing in as well :3

moderator:
x Roleplay Theatre

roleplays:
x Crossroads
x Digimon
x Titans
x Legends

Old January 17th, 2013 (07:29 AM).
Follow the Fireflies
Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
Another Roleplay Library asdfghjkl I should have called the role of Librarian I didn't even think of that, darn you Rika.
Lol xD

@fortworth - That certainly sounds like a good idea, but I must add something. Without imagination, progress wouldn't just stop: people would become bland drones that simply moved on with little purpose. About 99.99% of our society today is the results of countless imaginations, so most of that would be lost. This would range from things like space programs to something as simple as fancy foods.
Unless you plan to keep imagination and creativity separate, somehow?
I just thought that you should expand on those things. d:
Old January 17th, 2013 (07:41 AM).
the heroes of our time
ModeratorEO

Ahaha. Too bad. Hopefully I'll be able to keep it updated. I am now *puts on glasses, not sunglasses but nerdy bookworm glasses* THE librarian.

moderator:
x Roleplay Theatre

roleplays:
x Crossroads
x Digimon
x Titans
x Legends

Old January 17th, 2013 (07:59 AM).
part time demon hunter
Crystal Tier

its funny because when red asked, there was another who asked around the exact same time as well!

Quote originally posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers:
I am now *puts on glasses, not sunglasses but nerdy bookworm glasses* THE librarian.
i see what you did there. |)
Old January 17th, 2013 (08:01 AM).
the heroes of our time
ModeratorEO

Quote originally posted by Skymin:
its funny because when red asked, there was another who asked around the exact same time as well!
Suddenly, everyone becomes literate and organized and all wanting to take care of stuff. Not a bad thing.

Quote originally posted by Skymin:
i see what you did there. |)
8D

moderator:
x Roleplay Theatre

roleplays:
x Crossroads
x Digimon
x Titans
x Legends

Old January 17th, 2013 (09:08 AM).
the perfect storm
ModeratorCSEO

Nature: Brave
Kudos to Rika for making the RP Library. :) It makes things a lot easier for roleplayers new or old to check out which roleplay is up and alive.
Old January 17th, 2013 (09:51 AM).
Follow the Fireflies
Crystal Tier

Suddenly, everyone becomes literate and organized and all wanting to take care of stuff. Not a bad thing.
Pfft! For me, this is not so sudden! I AM A LITERARY GENIUS. (I've actually kind of wanted to do it since it was Ichiro's job, lol)

Now you need to alter your profile so that it says "Also Known As: THE Librarian". Lol. d:
Old January 17th, 2013 (12:39 PM).

Quote originally posted by Leaf Storm:
Kudos to Rika for making the RP Library. It makes things a lot easier for roleplayers new or old to check out which roleplay is up and alive.
Yeah I agree, the RP Library is a great addition! Very useful as well, I might add. But just out of curiosity, what happened to the old one?
Old January 17th, 2013 (12:54 PM).
Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader

Send a message via Skype™ to TornZero
Quote originally posted by Deloop:
Yeah I agree, the RP Library is a great addition! Very useful as well, I might add. But just out of curiosity, what happened to the old one?
It died of neglect, literally speaking. No one paid attention to it (most people didn't even notice it was there or gone), and Ichiro (the person who was managing it) didn't manage it regularly, if much at all.

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.
Old January 17th, 2013 (03:32 PM).
Muffins forever

Quote originally posted by Nakuzami:
Another Roleplay Library asdfghjkl I should have called the role of Librarian I didn't even think of that, darn you Rika.
Lol xD

@fortworth - That certainly sounds like a good idea, but I must add something. Without imagination, progress wouldn't just stop: people would become bland drones that simply moved on with little purpose. About 99.99% of our society today is the results of countless imaginations, so most of that would be lost. This would range from things like space programs to something as simple as fancy foods.
Unless you plan to keep imagination and creativity separate, somehow?
I just thought that you should expand on those things. d:
Yeah, it has a long ways to go before it's ready to start XD Imagination and creativity will each have some differences, I just have to sort out what they're going to be. The whole thing I'm planning to launch the RP off with is an attempt to revive Imagination before it's lost for good. Of course, I still have Fargona to run and RPs to participate in, so the planning will be rather slow.

Ahaha. Too bad. Hopefully I'll be able to keep it updated. I am now *puts on glasses, not sunglasses but nerdy bookworm glasses* THE librarian.
Reading my mind, eh? I see how it is
Old January 17th, 2013 (03:55 PM).
♚ Here's looking at you, kid.

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by Kawaii Pikachu :3:
Hi everyone! Pika! :3

I am new to the RP Corner and wanted to see if I could join in on all the RP fun! I do have some experience with RPing but I haven't done anything too "official". I have been Naruto RPing for about 4 years with my friends. They were the ones where I created my own character and was a part of the Naruto world but we had things like: "I said to move!" *pushes Naruto out of the way* (I know that is not allowed here).

I used to RP on another site I was a member of and it was a little more formal but still was amateur-ish. I haven't been on there in forever though.

I am also a fan-fic writer and am used to writing professional essays (thanks to school/college lol) so I'm sure I can adjust to official RPing. (Just need a little guidance at first until I can get the flow of the things)

I have never been a GM but wouldn't mind learning someday.

I am 22 so I am open for any RP rating.

I don't want this to sound creepy or anything but I wouldn't mind trying an RP where it is in the Pokémon world and others can choose to be trainers but also a trainer's Pokémon. Example: I could play someone's Pikachu in the RP. I could start out as a wild Pokémon, become captured/befriended, and then be on their team. Kind of like an Ash and Pikachu type thing. If my trainer gets into a battle he/she can call on me to fight for them or I can stand beside them and be the cute, comic relief of the RP.

It's nice to meet you all and maybe join in on some of your RPs.

I love the idea of this RP. Whenever you get it ready let me know. I'd love to join in on it!
Good day to you, and welcome. Glad to have you here with us. I know it's a little late but I hope it's still all the same.

Thank you! I will definitely let you know when I get it up and running. Unfortunately, it won't be ready for a while. I will certainly get to working on it though and am excited to see how it forms. Nonetheless, I appreciate the reply!

"The energy you put out in this world, whether positive or negative, will come back to meet you someday."

Frequent Lurker of the Roleplay Theatre

Luca & Rosa in Venice: City of Masks

Pairless

Old January 17th, 2013 (05:33 PM).
King of the Hell

Greetings, everyone. I'm back to give a few more pieces of information about that oh-so-secret RP I've been mentioning.

As I've mentioned, the RP will be titled:

FORSAKEN

Here's one big detail that I'll be revealing to you all. Sign-ups will be in /pairs/. That's right. To participate in this Roleplay, you'll need a partner.

And one more lesser detail, the Storyline will be linear with some freedom, and divided into chapters.

That is all. Thank you for your time.

<Wolfy> [REBOOT]
Old January 17th, 2013 (05:46 PM).

Nature: Lax
Send a message via AIM to VeganMacAndCheese
o.o I got yet another RP idea, hopefully more people would join this than the other one I did that no one is joining

BUT

How would people feel about an RP with premade characters, that you had to select from? Like the personality was already given to you?
Old January 17th, 2013 (05:52 PM).
«Dual Wield» User
Crystal Tier

Nature: Bashful
Quote originally posted by WolfOfEve:
Greetings, everyone. I'm back to give a few more pieces of information about that oh-so-secret RP I've been mentioning.

As I've mentioned, the RP will be titled:

FORSAKEN

Here's one big detail that I'll be revealing to you all. Sign-ups will be in /pairs/. That's right. To participate in this Roleplay, you'll need a partner.

And one more lesser detail, the Storyline will be linear with some freedom, and divided into chapters.

That is all. Thank you for your time.

<Wolfy> [REBOOT]
._. I wish I knew what RP you were making. Would you mind letting PC Eccentricity know a little more about it? I'm not really joining, but I still want to solve the mystery.

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Old January 17th, 2013 (05:59 PM).
King of the Hell

VMC: Ehhhh... I'd advise against it. It's ultimately your decision, but from my experience, one of the great joys of RPing is that you can invent a person the way you want. You could do what Leafy did with the Smash Bros. RP; Make the characters have some link to the characters in question, but allow the character itself to be what the player chooses.

Dia: Sorry, I'm letting these bits out for everyone. However, I will notify my fellow Eccentrics when I have post more information.
Old January 17th, 2013 (06:02 PM).

Nature: Lax
Send a message via AIM to VeganMacAndCheese
So maybe if I put three-word or so personalities for each of them and let the players interpret from there?
Old January 17th, 2013 (06:09 PM).
King of the Hell

Quote originally posted by VeganMacAndCheese:
So maybe if I put three-word or so personalities for each of them and let the players interpret from there? >_>
Well, it depends on how it relates to the story itself. A lot of things can vary with this.
Old January 17th, 2013 (06:20 PM).
The Wise Lesbian

This roleplay will involve either spirits bound to people, or a date simulator.

Or both?
Old January 17th, 2013 (06:45 PM).
We'll practice like it's 1999!

Nature: Relaxed
VMC: Ehhhh... I'd advise against it. It's ultimately your decision, but from my experience, one of the great joys of RPing is that you can invent a person the way you want. You could do what Leafy did with the Smash Bros. RP; Make the characters have some link to the characters in question, but allow the character itself to be what the player chooses.
I do think it's rather shocking that there are no RPs at all that use premade characters, though. I feel that if an RP presents interesting characters featuring interesting personalities and/or conventions, than the players could have fun playing as said character. The restrictions are only initial, and the characters are open to having flair and development added by the RPer that's playing them, making the initial character a shadow of what is to come (thus, no two RPers are would be likely to end up with the same character they started out with, even if said characters have the same personality). In this sense, you are seeing how effectively you can take a template and mold it into what you want to be in an effective and fun manner, and it opens up various story possibilities that are not available for stories with creatable characters.

It's not that I'm saying that there should be a plethora of premade character RPs out, but the fact that there are none and, for the most part, we just say "no" (or something close) when it's suggested is a little sad. I'd definitely like to see some on the community, at the very least for the sake of diversity.
Old January 17th, 2013 (08:27 PM).
Hey hoo~

Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
Note: activity will be very low today and tomorrow since it's my birthday sorry! Though, this shouldn't bother the people i'm not RPing with c;
Sisters
Theme
Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old January 17th, 2013 (08:34 PM).
the perfect storm
ModeratorCSEO

Quote originally posted by VeganMacAndCheese:
o.o I got yet another RP idea, hopefully more people would join this than the other one I did that no one is joining >_>

BUT

How would people feel about an RP with premade characters, that you had to select from? Like the personality was already given to you?
I asked this before when I was formulating my first roleplay. About 90% of the roleplayers here (in a secret study I conducted in the past) are against doing roleplays with pre-made/canon characters. Roleplayers prefer to make up their own characters (with their own unique personality, history, etc) instead of acting out characters that already exist. Not only it's difficult to act out their personalities, recite their history, and even their abilities if they have any...but it's also unoriginal. Like Wolf mentioned, what you *can* do, is to alter the "premade/canon" stuff, and make it as original as possible. If your characters are Pokemon, you can make it as Human Ginjinkas or something like that. If your characters are ponies, you can make them human versions or require players to create an OC of their own pony. Those are just examples that came on top of my head.
Old January 18th, 2013 (05:34 AM).
The Hero of the Skies and Time

Dear Arceus...I've killed the Roleplay Corner! :o
"Even though I am Hylia reborn, I am still my father's daughter, and your friend. I'm still your Zelda... So I'm going to ask you a favor, sleepyhead. Ever since we were kids, I'd always be the one to wake you up when you slept in. But this time, when all of this is over, will you come to wake me up?"
- Zelda
Old January 18th, 2013 (06:33 AM).
Pokemon Professor / RP Mentor
Crystal Tier

Nature: Sassy
If the frequency of people using canon characters is any indication, which it definitely is, using a canon character is actually more original than using an... original character. (...) That being said, there /is/ a well known RP that both heavily uses and allows people to apply for canon characters.

The Pokemon Trainer Academy, though I suppose that's different because it's completely up to the choice of the RPer whether they play a canon or original character.

Sponsored Links