Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner
Reload this Page Roleplay Discussion Thread

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old January 21st, 2013 (03:43 AM).
part time demon hunter
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by Nakuzami:
BUT I would really like a place to dump my hundreds of RP ideas that I never get to where they can still be accessed by anyone. It would be nice.
I'd be willing to take care of it if we get into such levels of organization! I think I could handle it. I'm only limited in access on the weekends, and it shouldn't take too long to review those posts after the weekend.
Well, if it gets enough attention, you are welcome to take the responsibility of organising it, though I had no real plans of doing that. If one fills out a small template when posting content, it would be easy enough to browse through it all without it getting too cluttered. A first post with a link to every single post would be VERY cluttered. I'd personally actually prefer a clutter in the thread itself. It's like a table at a clothes shop where they shove all the stuff on sale on it and you have to pick through it all to find the good stuff. Or a thread you browse through on a rainy day when you feel a little writer's blocked.

Though, if you want to keep it as a place where you take and give, you could try a 'leave a penny, take a penny' approach, where you can only take ideas and claim if you contribute to the thread, though there is no real way of keeping track of that legitimately.

So, I kinda support a 'fill a small template when posting and thats really it' way. It's very easily manageable.
Old January 21st, 2013 (08:51 AM).
A Glitch in the System

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by Skymin:
Well, if it gets enough attention, you are welcome to take the responsibility of organising it, though I had no real plans of doing that. If one fills out a small template when posting content, it would be easy enough to browse through it all without it getting too cluttered. A first post with a link to every single post would be VERY cluttered. I'd personally actually prefer a clutter in the thread itself. It's like a table at a clothes shop where they shove all the stuff on sale on it and you have to pick through it all to find the good stuff. Or a thread you browse through on a rainy day when you feel a little writer's blocked.

Though, if you want to keep it as a place where you take and give, you could try a 'leave a penny, take a penny' approach, where you can only take ideas and claim if you contribute to the thread, though there is no real way of keeping track of that legitimately.

So, I kinda support a 'fill a small template when posting and thats really it' way. It's very easily manageable.
I'd support this idea. I think it'd be recommended that the person who borrows an idea includes credit to the creator, but that is also untrackable.

Here is my suggestion for the vault: word tags.

Part of posting an idea (part of the template) should include certain dividers via tagging with certain words.

For example, the first set could be what the idea is based on, with tags like "Pokemon", "Legend of Zelda", "Fullmetal Alchemist", "Mass Effect", or "Original". In some cases (such as crossovers) multiple tags could be used.

Secondary tags could be theme, such as: "Mystery Dungeon", "Journey", "Zombie", "School", "Horror", "Sandbox", et cetera.

With these tags, the user could search through the thread via the 'Search this Thread' tool and find what they're looking for with certain tags.

That means no liking every post to page one; let users make handy work of the tools issued by the forum itself!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old January 21st, 2013 (09:27 AM).
★heroes
CS

Nature: Naive
Quote originally posted by WolfOfEve:
Here is my suggestion for the vault: word tags.

Part of posting an idea (part of the template) should include certain dividers via tagging with certain words.

For example, the first set could be what the idea is based on, with tags like "Pokemon", "Legend of Zelda", "Fullmetal Alchemist", "Mass Effect", or "Original". In some cases (such as crossovers) multiple tags could be used.

Secondary tags could be theme, such as: "Mystery Dungeon", "Journey", "Zombie", "School", "Horror", "Sandbox", et cetera.

With these tags, the user could search through the thread via the 'Search this Thread' tool and find what they're looking for with certain tags.

That means no liking every post to page one; let users make handy work of the tools issued by the forum itself!
If tags work that easily, that is really smart!
Old January 21st, 2013 (09:34 AM).
A Glitch in the System

Quote originally posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers:
If tags work that easily, that is really smart!
Search will bring up every single post that includes the word you searched for, so if everyone's idea posts had those words somewhere on them, they'd show up in the search results.

So, if you searched "Horror", the results would list every post tagged with the word 'horror' in it.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old January 21st, 2013 (03:52 PM).
part time demon hunter
Crystal Tier

Search will bring up every single post that includes the word you searched for, so if everyone's idea posts had those words somewhere on them, they'd show up in the search results.

So, if you searched "Horror", the results would list every post tagged with the word 'horror' in it.
Sounds pretty awesome~ only problem would be words getting caught in the filter if used in an RP idea post but it's not like thats not easy enough to scroll past.

So, it seems this thread is getting decent enough attention so i might get started on the first post. all those in favour?
Old January 21st, 2013 (04:04 PM).
Swaggins
Silver Tier

Nature: Brave
I am in favor! Make it happen :D
Old January 21st, 2013 (04:27 PM).
Now XLegionxX

Nature: Bold
Aye!

I am in favor of this.

======
={Mark Vargas}=
"One man can change the world with a bullet in the right place."PC Bothers: xXJumboShrimpXx ,Zapdos926
PC Sisters: Fortworth96
Old January 21st, 2013 (05:51 PM).
«Dual Wield» User
Crystal Tier

Nature: Bashful
Also in favor! Perhaps I may get the RP idea I need.

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Old January 21st, 2013 (06:01 PM).
It was justified

Nature: Relaxed
I'm not in favor. Let me explain why.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Sounds cool. Go for it.

Paired with the Epic Raikiri
Old January 21st, 2013 (07:36 PM).
take me to the moon 💫
CS

Echoing everyone here. So, yes...I am also in favour of this. :) It seems very organized that way.
Old January 22nd, 2013 (12:41 AM).
With Quiet Courage

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to dcjboi
Quote originally posted by Supervegeta:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Sounds cool. Go for it.

I can't believe I actually looked under all of those spoilers... curiosity got the best of me.

Regardless I support this idea just as long as it isn't an entirely unorganized cluster of ideas that is always leeched by unoriginal people. I feel that it is a great idea and I would probably be a regular user and contributor towards it.

Old January 22nd, 2013 (05:11 AM).
The Awakened
Crystal Tier

Nature: Lonely
IF SUPERVEGETA LIKES THE IDEA I LIKE THE IDEA. DO IT!

(No seriously, it doesn't sound bad at all. It could be quite useful.)

Paired with the manly Supervegeta
Old January 22nd, 2013 (05:20 AM).
A mad mind... hehe

Nature: Serious
Yes, I must lend my support as well. If SV wants it then THE ENTIRE CHURCH WANTS IT!!

That is all.
Old January 22nd, 2013 (05:32 AM).
DON'T-A START TO CRY, HAVE-A SOME GIMMEPIE
Crystal Tier

Nature: Mild
Before I submit my Reaper RP I have one final question, is there anyone here who can help me make the OP more appealing to possible RPers?

Paired to these awesome people.

My Roleplays | RPC | Blog
Old January 22nd, 2013 (08:34 AM).
★heroes
CS

Quote originally posted by Supervegeta:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Sounds cool. Go for it.

I just quoted the post and looked instead of clicking /smart

Quote originally posted by gimmepie:
Before I submit my Reaper RP I have one final question, is there anyone here who can help me make the OP more appealing to possible RPers?
I can help you a little, if you want.

Also, I hope there are some writey writey people out there who miss lone- or joint-posting journey RPs like A new professor in town, Arcanum, Pangaea, A fresh start etc. Because I just submitted one lol
Old January 22nd, 2013 (08:55 AM).
take me to the moon 💫
CS

You know, I've been thinking of writing a journey roleplay myself...but I don't have that kind of time. xD Maybe I should scribble some ideas during break time in school and I'll see what I can come up with. My primary idea is to base it off medieval times or something like that and your starter Pokemon could be a dragon-type.
Old January 22nd, 2013 (09:04 AM).
★heroes
CS

Quote originally posted by Leaf Storm:
You know, I've been thinking of writing a journey roleplay myself...but I don't have that kind of time. xD Maybe I should scribble some ideas during break time in school and I'll see what I can come up with. My primary idea is to base it off medieval times or something like that and your starter Pokemon could be a dragon-type.
If that Vault thing comes up, you could post your ideas there and hope that someone else makes it ;)
Old January 22nd, 2013 (09:06 AM).
Gaiden

I really want to take a crack at an original pokemon journey RP again, but hmmmm~ I'm also siding towards a Sinnoh or Unova journey RP too. We don't see those much~

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 22nd, 2013 (09:11 AM).
take me to the moon 💫
CS

@Rika - Good idea. But for now, that idea will stay with me because I kinda scribbled it enough for me to open a word document and work on it. xD Usually I'm a bit paranoid when it comes to making ideas and then someone takes them away...but I'm not too worried about that when I just gather up A LOT and never make use for them.
Old January 22nd, 2013 (09:16 AM).
★heroes
CS

Quote originally posted by Miss Doronjo:
I really want to take a crack at an original pokemon journey RP again, but hmmmm~ I'm also siding towards a Sinnoh or Unova journey RP too. We don't see those much~
Well, this one shall FINISH instead of DIE if people seem to get bored of it, it's kind of created that way. And the plot behind it allows for sequels in other regions. A Sinnoh/Unova one for instance ;)

But MAO is more of a long runner I hope! I have no rush to get that one finished. It's not really a journey in the same sense as those others I mentioned.

Quote originally posted by Leaf Storm:
@Rika - Good idea. But for now, that idea will stay with me because I kinda scribbled it enough for me to open a word document and work on it. xD Usually I'm a bit paranoid when it comes to making ideas and then someone takes them away...but I'm not too worried about that when I just gather up A LOT and never make use for them.
Haha, yeah. It's fun to think up ideas, I think. But sometimes I feel like I should really give them away and hope that someone can make something good of them while I don't have time or energy to.
Old January 22nd, 2013 (09:30 AM).
Gaiden

Mmm, I dunno - Sinnoh and Unova both have very distinct and developed storylines, sooo there's loads of things you can do with those~~ In fact, I have a smallll idea for Sinnoh but there needs to be planning first~!

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 22nd, 2013 (10:12 AM).
A Glitch in the System

God damn it, brain! Why must you have so many ideas? Now I'm also thinking of a Sonic the Hedgehog RP. But I can't possibly worry about that now. I've got Forsaken still waiting to earn my free time!

Anyways, speaking of that, I might as well spill something about that RP; probably the biggest spoiler yet, the theme.

Forsaken

The theme of this RP, if you haven't figured it out yet, is Guardian Angels. The paired sign-ups will be one human, and one angel whose guardianship is over the human.

Now, all I need is some time.

Old January 22nd, 2013 (10:21 AM).
Hey hoo~

Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
God damn it, brain! Why must you have so many ideas? Now I'm also thinking of a Sonic the Hedgehog RP. But I can't possibly worry about that now. I've got Forsaken still waiting to earn my free time!

Anyways, speaking of that, I might as well spill something about that RP; probably the biggest spoiler yet, the theme.

Forsaken

The theme of this RP, if you haven't figured it out yet, is Guardian Angels. The paired sign-ups will be one human, and one angel whose guardianship is over the human.

Now, all I need is some time.
i might join this!! :o somehow this reminds of a story i'm making, you've probably seen it already on my Facebook, wolfy.
Sisters
Theme
Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old January 22nd, 2013 (12:53 PM).
Grant me the power of revolution!
Gold Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Now I'm also thinking of a Sonic the Hedgehog RP.
Will it be based off of the classic that was Sonic '06?
Old January 22nd, 2013 (01:29 PM).
A mad mind... hehe

Nature: Serious
Quote originally posted by machomuu:
Will it be based off of the classic that was Sonic '06?
*Puts shotgun to Machomuu's head* "We don't talk about that thing in these parts...."

Sponsored Links