The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 22nd, 2013, 01:29 PM
Dusk
Fighting to Renew my Past...

Nature: Lonely

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
Will it be based off of the classic that was Sonic '06?

Well, uh... I would, but then Silver always shows up and tells me...

Old January 22nd, 2013, 02:48 PM
dcjboi
With Quiet Courage

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to dcjboi
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfOfEve View Post
Well, uh... I would, but then Silver always shows up and tells me...

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

O.o regardless your RP ideas cease to intrigue me. I'm not a fan of the direction Sonic has been heading lately although I haven't played any of the games with Silver in them which might be saying a lot.

Old January 22nd, 2013, 02:54 PM
Dusk

Yeah, Sonic has been running downhill (HAHAHAHAHA) lately. It'll likely be something to do with the original series' storylines. (Planet Mobius, Ivo Kintobor (Or "Robotnik") wanting to take it over, the works) On top of that, it'll probably exclude all Canon characters, except of course, the Doctor himself.

Regardless, FORSAKEN comes first. Once I have my laptop repaired, I'll probably put it up. Then if I find free time after, I'll consider the Sonic RP.

Old January 22nd, 2013, 02:55 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcjboi View Post
O.o regardless your RP ideas cease to intrigue me. I'm not a fan of the direction Sonic has been heading lately although I haven't played any of the games with Silver in them which might be saying a lot.
All that says about you is that you have common sense (though Colors and Generations are good).
Old January 22nd, 2013, 03:50 PM
dcjboi
With Quiet Courage

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to dcjboi
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfOfEve View Post
Yeah, Sonic has been running downhill (HAHAHAHAHA) lately. It'll likely be something to do with the original series' storylines. (Planet Mobius, Ivo Kintobor (Or "Robotnik") wanting to take it over, the works) On top of that, it'll probably exclude all Canon characters, except of course, the Doctor himself.

Regardless, FORSAKEN comes first. Once I have my laptop repaired, I'll probably put it up. Then if I find free time after, I'll consider the Sonic RP.

I probably will join both unless It appears to me that I'm overloading on RP's although it does bother me any and I have plenty of time to do so daily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
All that says about you is that you have common sense (though Colors and Generations are good).
I wanted to play generations badly.

If you ask me the greatest Sonic release would be Adventures 2 (Battle) seeing as I disliked a lot afterwards. Sonic heroes was bleh and I feel Shadow the Hedgehog had potential. That black knight game was okay.... I feel Chao Garden needs to be implemented seriously back into the series (I miss it so).

Old January 22nd, 2013, 03:59 PM
Doctor
& time lord

Nature: Naive
If anyone's up for an oldschool kanto journey, feels like writing a trainer story but needs help with creativity or just have way too much free time, you should take a look at echo; A Kanto Journey. Oldie or newbie doesn't matter, only your will to write and love for Servine pokémon.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 04:58 PM
Nakuzami
That Person's Name Is . . .
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skymin View Post
Well, if it gets enough attention, you are welcome to take the responsibility of organising it, though I had no real plans of doing that. If one fills out a small template when posting content, it would be easy enough to browse through it all without it getting too cluttered. A first post with a link to every single post would be VERY cluttered. I'd personally actually prefer a clutter in the thread itself. It's like a table at a clothes shop where they shove all the stuff on sale on it and you have to pick through it all to find the good stuff. Or a thread you browse through on a rainy day when you feel a little writer's blocked.

Though, if you want to keep it as a place where you take and give, you could try a 'leave a penny, take a penny' approach, where you can only take ideas and claim if you contribute to the thread, though there is no real way of keeping track of that legitimately.

So, I kinda support a 'fill a small template when posting and thats really it' way. It's very easily manageable.
OKEY DOKEY.
I can organize; I want to organize. LET ME ORGANIZE. xD
I'm weird like that. So, yes, I am interested in being the organizer.
Then I can be the Vault Keeper, since Rika took The Librarian position. d:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supervegeta View Post
I'm not in favor. Let me explain why.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Sounds cool. Go for it.

-.-
. . . -.-
. . . . . . -.-
. . . . . . . . . omigawd, I hate you

I'M STILL WORKING ON A JOURNEY ROLEPLAY. Although, in an original region. Y'know. That one with the islands. That I made. Two years ago. Almost three. The one that I've been remaking for two years, but not really because I forgot about it for a while. It's coming. No idea when, but it is. LOOK OUT FOR IT.

S-Sonic HEROES. S-S-Sonic, HEROES!
Sorry to say, but that game amused me thoroughly. Granted, it's been a few years since I got to play it, although hopefully my boyfriend is letting me steal his Xbox version of it soon. xD
Old January 22nd, 2013, 09:01 PM
Denny Hamlin
accept d e f e a t

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
If anyone's up for an oldschool kanto journey, feels like writing a trainer story but needs help with creativity or just have way too much free time, you should take a look at echo; A Kanto Journey. Oldie or newbie doesn't matter, only your will to write and love for Servine pokémon.
asdfghjkl; Rika I love you. <3

"free time" for me = Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays & Sundays, basically...because I have loads of free time during those days. Weee!
Old January 23rd, 2013, 01:37 AM
Doctor
& time lord

Nature: Naive
@ naku, I didn't do it because I wanted attention, I hope you know :P I just missed the library and think it's a good thread to have as long as it actually gets updated enough to be reliable.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 10:34 AM
Dusk

Well, seeing as I've got this all figured out, I'll probably work on and post the FORSAKEN OOC thread once my laptop is sent in. Then I'll just handle the sign-ups for it until the laptop comes back and I get everything set up.

As for now... HYRULE could use some more players!

Old January 23rd, 2013, 11:32 AM
Nakuzami
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
@ naku, I didn't do it because I wanted attention, I hope you know :P I just missed the library and think it's a good thread to have as long as it actually gets updated enough to be reliable.
You lie! It was all for the attention and the attention only!

//I kid, I kid.
I know, lol. I really do just feel like organizing a thread like this, though. IT'S ALWAYS BEEN MY DREAM I'm weird like that.

Aaaaaaaaaaaah
So I should probably work on some of my roleplays.
AND I CAME UP WITH ANOTHER ONE. If I even decide to do it, I think I'ma call it Infinity Wars. I'll leave y'all with that little tidbit for now, because I don't really feel like explaining it.
Now, which roleplay should I work on first? @_@
Old January 24th, 2013, 11:09 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
Okay I have a question for everyone.

What is your opinion on GMs taking part in their own RPs and do you ever take part in yours?

Since it wouldn't be fair for me to not answer my own question I'll say this: When I have an idea for an RP it is usually something I would enjoy taking part in and so more often than not I'll take part in my own even if I am a GM. I see no problem with someone doing so if they don't use their authority as the GM to spin things in their favour.
Old January 24th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Denny Hamlin
accept d e f e a t

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimmepie View Post
Okay I have a question for everyone.

What is your opinion on GMs taking part in their own RPs and do you ever take part in yours?

Since it wouldn't be fair for me to not answer my own question I'll say this: When I have an idea for an RP it is usually something I would enjoy taking part in and so more often than not I'll take part in my own even if I am a GM. I see no problem with someone doing so if they don't use their authority as the GM to spin things in their favour.
Being a GM and taking part of their own roleplay is pretty fun, I would say! Buuuuut, you need to take this into serious consideration when you're playing as a character as well. I learned this the hard way when I was GMing my Super Smash Bros. roleplay. I closed it because I was just too busy that I couldn't handle both parts. I'd say you'd need loads of free time in order to do both parts.

I'm not saying OH THIS CRAP SUCKS LOLOLOL but it's literally the choice of the GM themselves. Are you willing to take in the responsibility as a game master and as your character(s)? (I mean, that depends on how many characters you make for your own roleplays, whether NPCs or otherwise). Are you a good multitasker? Can you handle pressure? Then go for it. Nothing's stopping ya. :P

My next roleplay (the medieval journey roleplay) will be a roleplay that I'll be GMing but will not participate, because I'm busy balancing schoolwork and other roleplays and my exploding social life. lol Remember, when you create your roleplay...remember that you aren't really forced to participate! You're at least participating as a GM and that's okay. :)
Old January 24th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
I always take part in my own roleplays :/ and I don't thinki'm using my GM powers to put things in my favor. It's just pretty fun to take part in your own roleplays but Leafy here is right, you need loads of free time
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old January 24th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Nakuzami
Community Supporter

I've only made two . . . three . . . three roleplays, plus one I co-GMed. I . . . think . . . I participated in at least three of the four.
In the ones that I'm making now, there are some that I plan to participate in and some that I don't. It's a lot easier to just simply GM, I guess, although I've yet to try that.

It's perfectly fine for a GM to partake in their own roleplays, so long as they can manage it and they don't favor themselves over other roleplayers and whatnot.
Old January 25th, 2013, 07:06 PM
<Challenger>
Wake me when you need me.

I don't know if this is the place to say it, but I've been thinking of making a roleplay for the Game of Thrones series. Would anybody be interested in that?
Old January 25th, 2013, 11:24 PM
Fort PokePower
Muffins forever

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimmepie View Post
I think it's great, as long as the GM doesn't go and do everything perfectly in the RP just because they technically know what's supposed to happen. I find it useful to make a character really, cause then if the RPers are getting off track or simply seem like they are going to be wandering around in the wrong places for the rest of the RP, I can use my character to set them on the right track. True, NPCs can be useful for that too, but I believe having your own character makes it simpler. Besides, it's boring to just sit back and watch others enjoy the RP you made~

Roleplays I am in:
Sekirei: Wings of Fate (OOC/IC) as Fia and Akira Takako
Fire Emblem: The Rift War (OOC/IC) as Adina Maralyn
Pokemon Odyssey: Search For Cresselia (OOC/IC) as Kaveri "Jetstream" Vian
One Piece: The Golden Age (OOC/IC) as Anahita Z. Firenze

Roleplays I GM:
Fargona: The Land of Dragons (OOC/IC) - Participating as Thia Rondamar
Old January 25th, 2013, 11:32 PM
Nebula
♚ Here's looking at you, kid.

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by heretostay123 View Post
I don't know if this is the place to say it, but I've been thinking of making a roleplay for the Game of Thrones series. Would anybody be interested in that?
Sounds interesting.

Would it follow the events and characters of the Books/TV Show, or will it simply contain the universe with character creation into certain houses or whatnot? Would it focus on one particular group of nobles or the world as a whole? If AU, would it be before the current events, after, or in a separate timeline altogether?

Frequent Visitor of the Roleplay Corner // Roleplays - // Pairless
Old January 26th, 2013, 12:54 AM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Hi guys~

Just letting you all know that Supervegeta sent me a message that he'll be offline for a little and he's not sure when he'll be back. Hopefully it's not for too long. Just letting you know here since I have no idea what other roleplays he's in than Odyssey and Aerion and Famiglia. Though that might be it...

I'm not sure hahaha.
Old January 26th, 2013, 03:19 AM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Nature: Hardy
I find it rather important to have an avatar through which you can directly push things along. Playing God is okay, I guess, but without at least NPC characters under your control you're relying entirely on your RPers to be as dedicated to the RP as you might be and it turns out that can be a pretty risky choice in practice.
Old January 26th, 2013, 04:44 AM
<Challenger>
Wake me when you need me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovereign. View Post
Sounds interesting.

Would it follow the events and characters of the Books/TV Show, or will it simply contain the universe with character creation into certain houses or whatnot? Would it focus on one particular group of nobles or the world as a whole? If AU, would it be before the current events, after, or in a separate timeline altogether?
I'm thinking it'll be after the books, with Jon and Bran and Rickon and the like dead and gone, like 100 years after. Perhaps a tale from the Age of Heroes. I'm not entirely sure. I just know it'll be in a different era.
Old January 26th, 2013, 05:57 AM
Eeveelution Co-ordinator
Budding Breeder/Co-ordinator

Send a message via Skype™ to Eeveelution Co-ordinator
Hello everyone, I thought I'd start a new RP, so I wonder what you guys think about the idea. Okay, it's set in Sinnoh, and you go around collecting ribbons from contests, but of course there may be a bit of action happening here and there. So, what do you think?

White 2:
Old January 26th, 2013, 08:01 PM
Nakuzami
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skymin View Post
Hi guys~

Just letting you all know that Supervegeta sent me a message that he'll be offline for a little and he's not sure when he'll be back. Hopefully it's not for too long. Just letting you know here since I have no idea what other roleplays he's in than Odyssey and Aerion and Famiglia. Though that might be it...

I'm not sure hahaha.
Aaaaah, that reminds me. Michaela said something similar, being that her internet is being screwy and has decided that it doesn't like The Pokecommunity, so her activity may be scattered.

And on the dark-ish bright side, I'll probably be a bit more active now, hopefully. Especially if I get a new laptop soon. For now I have some extra free time on my hands. Getting dumped can do that to you. >.> I'll try to work on my roleplays, namely Olyssian Daemons, a medieval magic x pokemon roleplay, and hopefully have that up within February.
Old January 26th, 2013, 08:26 PM
Denny Hamlin
accept d e f e a t

Schoolwork kicked my butt, so I had to drop out of the roleplays I was in (except PTA, because I am currently in an interaction), but I'll still at least spectate. I love reading roleplays. They keep me busy (and procrastinating from homework weeee)

I was going to post a new topic but I completely forgot. lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeveelution Co-ordinator View Post
Hello everyone, I thought I'd start a new RP, so I wonder what you guys think about the idea. Okay, it's set in Sinnoh, and you go around collecting ribbons from contests, but of course there may be a bit of action happening here and there. So, what do you think?
Sounds like a journey roleplay, but instead of starting off as a trainer, you start off as a coordinator. I'm not certain how many roleplayers here are more interested in coordinating rather than battling. And tbh I never tried roleplaying as a coordinator before. However, I'd love to see that happening.
Old January 26th, 2013, 09:08 PM
Fort PokePower
Muffins forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeveelution Co-ordinator View Post
I've always wanted to try RPing as a coordinator~ Would make battles interesting, with all the added flare of people trying to make the moves look good.

Roleplays I am in:
Sekirei: Wings of Fate (OOC/IC) as Fia and Akira Takako
Fire Emblem: The Rift War (OOC/IC) as Adina Maralyn
Pokemon Odyssey: Search For Cresselia (OOC/IC) as Kaveri "Jetstream" Vian
One Piece: The Golden Age (OOC/IC) as Anahita Z. Firenze

Roleplays I GM:
Fargona: The Land of Dragons (OOC/IC) - Participating as Thia Rondamar
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here