The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 26th, 2013, 06:58 PM
Fenne-kun
//TheEternalSushi

Nature: Bold

Advertise here
And I still have no idea what Mass Effect is. I feel so out of place xD

"Not everyone can become a great artist; but a great artist can come from anywhere" - Anton Ego
Old March 26th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Somniac
Probably sleeping.
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenne-kun View Post
And I still have no idea what Mass Effect is. I feel so out of place xD
A three-part videogame series created by Bioware. It's an action RPG set in a futuristic space age, and follows the adventures of Captain Shepard.

That said, It kind of interests me, one word of advice though would be to avoid all relation with Shepard/reapers. I think it would be all to easy to go down the reapers-return route.

Something such as a massive expansion of Krogan [due to shep' curing the genophage in ME3?] would be a far better storyline.
Old March 28th, 2013, 05:19 AM
Bleacher
Chaos Worshipper

Nature: Gentle
I have been working on a plot for about a few weeks now, I have fleshed it out almost.. Since this is my first pokémon based RP, even so on Pokécommunity, any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks beforehand!
Old March 28th, 2013, 05:29 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
@Bleacher - If you want any help with your plot I'm usually okay at that sort of thing. Either way there are several very helpful RPers in this corner so I'm sure you'll find someone who can give you a hand.
Old March 28th, 2013, 05:43 AM
Bleacher
Chaos Worshipper

The minor plot details- The RP is set in Johto, 15 years after the Johto saga. The main antagonist is Giovanni's son who passionately hates everything Rocket and his father because of their worthlessness and the mysterious disappearance of his father. He and a few rockets loyal to him are planning to take over the world with pokémon, recapture Mewtwo and unleash his vengeful wrath upon Johto. Prof. Elm Jr. (the only person in Johto who knows about motives) having received some info, have recruited 10 teens from all over Johto to combat this new threat. The teens are unaware of what they are going to face, but in time everyone will get to know..

I have started the beta RP on another forum to see if my RP garners interest. Please check it out and tell if it is fit for Pokecommunity.

EDIT- @Gimmepie, Thank you. I have seen some of your RPs and would be grateful if you give me some GMing tips and such.

Last edited by Bleacher; March 28th, 2013 at 05:51 AM.
Old March 28th, 2013, 06:07 AM
Danger Zone
All Men Must Die.

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleacher View Post
The minor plot details- The RP is set in Johto, 15 years after the Johto saga. The main antagonist is Giovanni's son who passionately hates everything Rocket and his father because of their worthlessness and the mysterious disappearance of his father. He and a few rockets loyal to him are planning to take over the world with pokémon, recapture Mewtwo and unleash his vengeful wrath upon Johto. Prof. Elm Jr. (the only person in Johto who knows about motives) having received some info, have recruited 10 teens from all over Johto to combat this new threat. The teens are unaware of what they are going to face, but in time everyone will get to know..

I have started the beta RP on another forum to see if my RP garners interest. Please check it out and tell if it is fit for Pokecommunity.

EDIT- @Gimmepie, Thank you. I have seen some of your RPs and would be grateful if you give me some GMing tips and such. :)
But didn't Silver go soft by the end of G/S/C? You'd have to have a good reason for him to try and take over the world because it pretty much goes against his character portrayed in the series, no?
Old March 28th, 2013, 06:20 AM
Bleacher
Chaos Worshipper

Actually, in this RP Silver isn't the son of Giovanni.. It is an original character called Aerion. The RP is a sequel to modified GSC (quite a bit modification actually)
Old March 29th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Geras32
Slightly less of a noob

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleacher View Post
Actually, in this RP Silver isn't the son of Giovanni.. It is an original character called Aerion. The RP is a sequel to modified GSC (quite a bit modification actually)
You could always hand wave it by just saying that Aerion is his brother and that Silver left Johto with his pokemon on a journey to see the world or something, like what happened at the end of B/W. Him being just "away" gives you the options of leaving him away if you want or bringing him back for a story event.
Old March 30th, 2013, 12:50 AM
Bleacher
Chaos Worshipper

That is a great idea, thank you.. It will give an opportunity to bring the Masked Man (not Pryce this time ).

And as of update- The plot details are complete till Lake of Rage. Also I have added two events as of now. Perhaps it is time to post the RP now?
Old March 30th, 2013, 08:13 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

@Bleacher - You could if you want but. But you may want to be sure you have an idea of where your story is going first.
Old March 30th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Bleacher
Chaos Worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimmepie View Post
@Bleacher - You could if you want but. But you may want to be sure you have an idea of where your story is going first.
The RP pace is smooth till Lake of Rage but after that I haven't really planned anything solid and is likely to change if someone provides me with a good idea.

@Gimmepie- I can PM you the plot summary I have still written if you want. Please check if they are good.
Old March 31st, 2013, 07:54 AM
Adventure
original dex holder

Nature: Naive
I will be disappearing from PC for a while again. Life calls and I just can't divide my attention enough to keep up with both real stuff and online stuff. At least not by staying dedicated to RPing. I am very sorry but, as I usually do, I'll probably be back in a month or by summer or so ._.

Love you all, kind of <3
Old March 31st, 2013, 07:57 AM
Danger Zone
All Men Must Die.

Well, sad to see you go, RHCP. Hope to see you back soon!
Old March 31st, 2013, 08:27 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

@Bleacher - Sorry to hear it.

@Red's - Your presence in the RP corner will be greatly missed, hurry back :D
Old March 31st, 2013, 08:51 AM
Bleacher
Chaos Worshipper

@RHCP- Hope you will be back soon. You were my RP mentor and would be missed at PC.

@Gimmepie- PMing you the major plot details now.
Old March 31st, 2013, 09:46 AM
Nauje
Hmm.
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
@Red's I guess that's the end of echo? Ah man, well good luck man.
Old March 31st, 2013, 10:43 PM
Denny Hamlin
Où t'es? Papa, où t'es?

Nature: Brave
Welp, I'm back, y'all! I'm itchin' for a good roleplay to occupy my schedule, and I have spring break right now soooo the timing is absolutely perfect. :D

(this is Megan/Leaf Storm btw. the anonymity of these posts are killing me lol)

Awww Red, I'll miss you. :(
Old April 1st, 2013, 05:17 AM
Vintage Arachnid
im always watchin
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Vintage Arachnid
Nooo Red you're not allowed to leave me! What are you thinking?!

ps That's understandable but I can't wait to have you back in a month!

THE EXTREMELY JEALOUS PAIR OF CAREFULWETPAINT
Old April 1st, 2013, 06:06 AM
Bleacher
Chaos Worshipper

Bleacher here.. I have posted the OOC thread. Hope it gets accepted. Now working on the IC.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 12:34 AM
Adventure
original dex holder

Nature: Naive
gimmepie takes care of echo in the meantime <3

I still update the RP library btw. Just so you know. It's viable.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 02:49 AM
revlis
Ooh, Ooh! I vote makeovers!
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
For those of you who meddled around in the Other Trivia Section, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Otherwise guys, listen up.

A while ago, a thought came to me regarding the distinction between the Discussion Thread, and normal IC threads. When the Incredibly Wandering Thread showed up, and people started to post in it I thought; Why not make an RP like that?

With the working title as the RP Corner Nightclub, essentially it would be a thread where RPers could go to casually RP in a semi-social environment. It wouldn't require any sign-ups, but rather people could come as themselves, their forum persona, or as any of the myriad characters RPers have from RPs new and old.

I'm still working on the logistics, regulations and layout of the thread, but would people be interested in this kind of thread? Discussion of topics over a cold pint of Beer* with your friends, or play a game of Fooseball or a Pokemon Battle with another RPer. I guess what I'm trying to get at is it's not a thread where talk is limited to being about Roleplaying or and IC that has to follow a linear path or requires and SU; practically a casual RPing thread that you can have a little fun in.

Any takers?

*Non-Alcoholic drinks served for those underaged. XD
Old April 3rd, 2013, 03:05 AM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
Quote:
Originally Posted by 雷影 イチロ View Post
For those of you who meddled around in the Other Trivia Section, you'll know what I'm talking about.

A while ago, a thought came to me regarding the distinction between the Discussion Thread, and normal IC threads. When the Incredibly Wandering Thread showed up, and people started to post in it I thought; Why not make an RP like that?

With the working title as the RP Corner Nightclub, essentially it would be a thread where RPers could go to casually RP in a semi-social environment. It wouldn't require any sign-ups, but rather people could come as themselves, their forum persona, or as any of the myriad characters RPers have from RPs new and old.

I'm still working on the logistics, regulations and layout of the thread, but would people be interested in this kind of thread? Discussion of topics over a cold pint of Beer* with your friends, or play a game of Fooseball or a Pokemon Battle with another RPer. I guess what I'm trying to get at is it's not a thread where talk is limited to being about Roleplaying or and IC that has to follow a linear path or requires and SU; practically a casual RPing thread that you can have a little fun in.

Any takers?

I like this idea …… can I serve the drinks? c:<

BY THE WAY: that's "Arrow" in your signature right…? ;o
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old April 3rd, 2013, 06:57 AM
Danger Zone
All Men Must Die.

Quote:

Any takers?

Not gonna lie, I actually thought of something similar (but that was something crazier, like actually discussing ideas in IC xD) when I saw the Nightclub over in Other Trivia, but I could never think of how it could actually fit in this section. Of course, I'm all up for the idea, it always sounded fun. It would help get some unsure RPers get a feel of RPing as well, I believe.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 07:21 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

@Japanese dude - I actually quite like the idea, it's almost like social networking in RP format except that you can take on any persona you like. I'd say it will be a great way of allowing people to get better RPing and for getting to know the other RPers in the corner.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 07:37 AM
Limanya
Page of Breath

Nature: Docile
Quote:

Any takers?

I was planning on something like that, actually! Pretty sure you could pull it off better XD

Sponsored Links

Advertise here