The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner Go here to Roleplay (RP) about ANYTHING. Enjoy joining and creating RPs.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 16th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Limanya
Page of Breath

Nature: Docile
Late welcome back, Skymin :P

Is Checkmate a Homestuck RP or....? Because then i will totally join it.
Old April 16th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Doctor
Allons-y!

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limanya View Post
Late welcome back, Skymin :P

Is Checkmate a Homestuck RP or....? Because then i will totally join it.
Mostly. It takes place in the medium with lands and the dream moons and skaia and all. But it was a bit complicated when we played with servers and clients in the old Checkmate so pre-entry shenanigans be very simplified, and ectobiologybabies may or may not be a thing depending on some factors, and sprites will work a liiiittle bit differently. And also you won't be allowed to write command-style like many Homestuck RPers like to do :p Other than that, yeah!

somebody called for the Doctor?
Auspistice | Matesprit | Moirail | Kismesis
- Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers -

Old April 16th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Lt. Col. Fantastic
Arianator

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
Mostly. It takes place in the medium with lands and the dream moons and skaia and all. But it was a bit complicated when we played with servers and clients in the old Checkmate so pre-entry shenanigans be very simplified, and ectobiologybabies may or may not be a thing depending on some factors, and sprites will work a liiiittle bit differently. And also you won't be allowed to write command-style like many Homestuck RPers like to do :p Other than that, yeah!
Ah man, time to wipe the dust of Vinnie Valentine

I can't wait to see whats changed, and whats the same. I'm really excited that you're bringing it back, Red.

You play too much
Old April 17th, 2013, 04:57 AM
PinkSapphire
Let's change the future

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to PinkSapphire
Advertisement!!!

Two new spots have opened up in Youkai Academy!

Ever wanted to Roleplay as a Vampire, Succubus, Mermaid, Crow Tengu, Fairy, Lycan, Neko or any other Youkai? Then this is your ultimate chance!

I suck at advertising... xD

Just click on the banner!
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old April 17th, 2013, 07:40 AM
ohHeyVaporeon.
You just can't shake me.

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ohHeyVaporeon. Send a message via Yahoo to ohHeyVaporeon. Send a message via Skype™ to ohHeyVaporeon.
-pokes head in-

I'm not sure if anyone around these parts will remember me, but I used to roleplay here. I had a string of my own roleplay's going, but, unfortunately I became swamped with college, work, and family and just couldn't handle it. I took a quite unexpected hiatus of nearly a year, but I'm back now... Pretty excited to be back, but trying to get used to everything again. This is partially laziness in asking, although I do plan on looking anyways, but are there any Pokemon-based roleplays out there that are new and looking for members?
Old April 17th, 2013, 07:45 AM
tigerBLADE
1000://PowHammers

Nature: Quirky
Oh hey, I remember you! Welcome back! ;3

Actually I have about two RPs in mind, but, they need more planning before I decide to create one over the other.

*formerly known as Miss Doronjo* NES DiscussionOBJECTION!30 Days of Gaming
Old April 17th, 2013, 07:49 AM
ohHeyVaporeon.
You just can't shake me.

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ohHeyVaporeon. Send a message via Yahoo to ohHeyVaporeon. Send a message via Skype™ to ohHeyVaporeon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerBLADE View Post
Oh hey, I remember you! Welcome back! ;3

Actually I have about two RPs in mind, but, they need more planning before I decide to create one over the other.
Sweet, someone that remembers me! Thanks for the welcome back.

I was considering plotting and making my own, but I think right now it would be a better move for me to try and join someone else's. Not to mention, my biggest downfall in the past was coming up with plots or story lines that were complicated and crowded, and posting orders were difficult to follow. I need to really get back in the mindset to rock it out here, instead of stressing myself out. Plenty of that going on right now trying to get my degree.
Old April 17th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Limanya
Page of Breath

Nature: Docile
Just a notice that Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Roads of Light is still very open and we need more members for the Lost Learners.
Old April 17th, 2013, 09:22 AM
ohHeyVaporeon.
You just can't shake me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limanya View Post
Just a notice that Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Roads of Light is still very open and we need more members for the Lost Learners.
I will definitely take a look at it.
Old April 17th, 2013, 09:32 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies

Nature: Mild
I think echo has a spot still open, PTA recently opened several spots up, Novia has a spot open, Pokemon Survival Challenge v2 has plenty of room and for memory there were a few others. Hope that helped.

Also, I don't know you but I am looking forward to RPing with you
Old April 17th, 2013, 09:44 AM
ohHeyVaporeon.
You just can't shake me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimmepie View Post
I think echo has a spot still open, PTA recently opened several spots up, Novia has a spot open, Pokemon Survival Challenge v2 has plenty of room and for memory there were a few others. Hope that helped.

Also, I don't know you but I am looking forward to RPing with you
Thank you so much. I will definitely look into all of those. I am about to do a bit of grocery shopping, but I will be coming back to do a few SU's if everything goes well enough. I looked at the first one mentioned, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Roads of Light, and I will most certainly being signing up for that one. I really, really like the overall concept and the few posts that I read pulled me in immediately.

Also, although it doesn't much matter, I have to give Skymin the credit for bringing me back. I was watching Being Human for the first time a few weeks ago, and became hooked... It also made me think of and miss the board. Definitely happy to be back, and even happier to see that the friendly factor is still in full effect here. I also look forward to potentially roleplaying with you, gimmepie. Thank you again for the welcoming.
Old April 17th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Bleacher
Chaos Worshipper

Nature: Gentle
If anybody wants to RP antagonists or recurring side characters in a Johto based journey RP and really want to be a part of mexican standoffs, join my RP (link in my sig). At the moment, the good guy characters are unavailable but if you want to be on the side of righteousness desperately, I can get you a spot.

@ohHeyVaporeon- Welcome back. Please check out my RP and I would be happy if you want to be in.
Old April 17th, 2013, 11:09 AM
tigerBLADE

I've been wondering about this for a long time, but...

What are your inspirations for creating roleplays? I mean, more than a fundamental level.. could there be something more that helps you create your roleplays? Take me, for example. Music helps inspires me in particular ways. The majority of the time, I create roleplays that have a hidden meaning of music I hear, or maybe other small life lessons that comes to mind. All based on a popular series, or maybe something new entirely.

For example, a short while ago in a different forum, I created a roleplay that was inspired by a song made by Paramore: "Still Into You", that gives me the idea that love is a nice thing, and it's really nice to just be with someone that you really care about.

It was thrown that together with two series that I was familiar with, Fire Emblem and Pokemon, and thus, my old replay 'Ye Olde Pokemon Journeye' was recreated. Basically, it was a roleplay about pokemon set in medieval times, but there's sort of a message on where people interacted and really wanted to be with their pokemon, despite the discrimination by people in the olden days where they might of thought that pokemon were blood-crazy monsters.. Basic themes of love and friendship.

Uh. If that makes sense. XD Is it the same for you all, where you get your inspirations from somewhere... whether it be a particular theme you loved, or some other secondary source, or, maybe your roleplays have all been created from the heart? Or, maybe this is too deep? ;_;

Last edited by tigerBLADE; April 17th, 2013 at 11:15 AM.
Old April 17th, 2013, 12:07 PM
TurtleKing
Turtles > You

I'm happy to announce that Digimon Genesis has returned! For more information click the link. Thank you!

Elite Academy - A Pokemon Academy fan-fiction by TurtleKing
Volume One | Volume Two
Old April 17th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Bleacher
Chaos Worshipper

Nature: Gentle
Well, Johto Journeys is inspired by lyrics of two songs (Contagious by Searchlight and New Divide by Linkin Park) and the film New Police Story. Minor inspirations are from the german film Cargo, pokémon manga and Vato's RP Hoenn Réburst.

Oh yeah, important announcement. I am working on a Crysis based RP, if anyone can provide some help or have suggestions, PM me.
Old April 17th, 2013, 05:10 PM
Lt. Col. Fantastic
Arianator

Nature: Sassy
Right now I'm working on an RP based of the Philosophy of Time Travel in Donnie Darko. And thats pretty much all I can account for as far as the creation process goes.

Some of the inspiration also comes from the Watchmen and Kick-***

You play too much
Old April 17th, 2013, 06:47 PM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies

Honestly my inspiration is... nothing really. The idea for RPs pop into my head, I spend some time fleshing out the story and gameplay - occasionally taking something from a book I'm reading or a show I'm watching - and then once I have finished refining it over a long process I find out if the idea interests people and if it does I post it, if not (or if I myself lose interest in the idea) it gets filed away for later.

And now for some shameless plugging! :D

Reapers: Keepers of the Balance [Most Original 1Q 2013] currently has four open places.

Pokemon: Journeys through Novia currently has one slot still open.

Pokemon Survival Challenge v2 currently has six open spots.

If you would like more information just click on the links, which will take you to OOC page of the RP, or PM/VM me.
Old April 19th, 2013, 05:01 PM
Somniac
Probably sleeping.

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkSapphire View Post
Advertisement!!!

Two new spots have opened up in Youkai Academy!

Ever wanted to Roleplay as a Vampire, Succubus, Mermaid, Crow Tengu, Fairy, Lycan, Neko or any other Youkai? Then this is your ultimate chance!

I suck at advertising... xD

Just click on the banner!
Colour me intrigued.

I'm thinking of looking for a more structured RP, either chapter based or not, I just fancy something to contrast against the rp's I'm currently in.

Should I give Youkai a check out? I read the OOC / intro when it first started but I have failed to keep up with it.
Old April 19th, 2013, 09:46 PM
firelordyago
The Sentinel

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somniac View Post
Colour me intrigued.

I'm thinking of looking for a more structured RP, either chapter based or not, I just fancy something to contrast against the rp's I'm currently in.

Should I give Youkai a check out? I read the OOC / intro when it first started but I have failed to keep up with it.
How about Atlantis Awakening or Aerion, both quite structured and running at perhaps a slower pace than most RPs, giving you more time to think and write, both are also in spots where RPers are able to join.
Old April 20th, 2013, 01:47 AM
PinkSapphire
Let's change the future

Send a message via Skype™ to PinkSapphire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somniac View Post
Colour me intrigued.

Colony took one spot so currently only one spot is open now c: Youkai Academy is running pretty slow and the RPers are pretty much nice to anyone and… random xD so don't be suprised when someone says something funny and everyone else makes puns or jokes related to that.

Right now we're on the second IC day and beating up an enemy c:

You said that you read the plot so I guess I don't have to explain that. I also tend to add new Youkai races as time passes ^^ as for the classes, Ryuu gives 2 classes each day which sometimes contain important information about the Roleplay c:

oh, and Youkai Academy is chapter based ^^
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old April 20th, 2013, 05:18 AM
Nauje
feel good hit of the summer?

Nature: Relaxed
I've been meaning to make a RP of my own for some time, and after all this fuss with North Korea I thought it would be interesting to have a Pokemon RP based around a region which has dictatorship? The RP will obviously be dark and elements like death and torture might also be in it.

The main objective of the RP will be to escape the region and move to a better one. How does that sound? I haven't drafted anything yet so it would be nice to see some ideas
Old April 20th, 2013, 09:36 AM
tigerBLADE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scyke View Post
I've been meaning to make a RP of my own for some time, and after all this fuss with North Korea I thought it would be interesting to have a Pokemon RP based around a region which has dictatorship? The RP will obviously be dark and elements like death and torture might also be in it.

The main objective of the RP will be to escape the region and move to a better one. How does that sound? I haven't drafted anything yet so it would be nice to see some ideas :)
That does sound interesting! I've been a huge fan of dark-based pokemon journey RPs for a while now, and I really do recommend more dark RPs of the sort!

I actually had something similar planned; a region is ruled by a king, with his nation. But, well, the king is generally the "bad guy" so the region have themes of corruption, fear, and so on. It's.. a rough idea, but, there's much more in store planned! :3

Old April 20th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Doctor
Allons-y!

Nature: Naive
CHECKMATE : redux still has room for one more player. A male priest, to be specific. I plan to kick off the IC thread and actual roleplaying on monday, if the other RPers have finished their SUs by then.

So unless Raikiri comes waving his arms and screaming that he wants the spot before you've finished your SU, you are welcome to grab the spot if you feel like you have time to be devoted to this RP ^^ The RP is based on Homestuck's SBURB game, loosely in some areas and very strongly in others.

somebody called for the Doctor?
Auspistice | Matesprit | Moirail | Kismesis
- Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers -

Old April 20th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Nauje
feel good hit of the summer?

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerBLADE View Post
That does sound interesting! I've been a huge fan of dark-based pokemon journey RPs for a while now, and I really do recommend more dark RPs of the sort!

I actually had something similar planned; a region is ruled by a king, with his nation. But, well, the king is generally the "bad guy" so the region have themes of corruption, fear, and so on. It's.. a rough idea, but, there's much more in store planned! :3
Sounds kinda similar of what I wanted to do, haha. The problem I'm having is actually how I should involve Pokemon into the RP, since I'm guessing the Pokemon would also be controlled by the king/dictator, otherwise it's not really controlling the region, right?. Maybe he has some kind of physic power that keeps control of Pokemon? Or some kind of Ghetsis mind control thing in the anime where the Pokemon go out of control but instead here the dictator/king has full control of the Pokemon's actions? I dunno. I'm just blabbering ideas now.

But yeah, it sounds great. If you in the end make the RP I'll probably be one of the first to join :3
Old April 20th, 2013, 07:10 PM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies

I love the idea Scyke, now hurry up and make it xD

Also, I'm not sure but perhaps he has placed strict laws on the usage of pokemon and has an army of pokemon those laws don't reply to? Parhaps through them (and a few humans) he enforces his laws.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links