The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 24th, 2013, 07:35 AM
DLMuerte
#aldnoahzero

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to DLMuerte

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by -DeepImpact- View Post
What we need is a Walking Dead RP.

Yes. That.

With emphasis on emotions and survival rather than murderous zombie murdering.

Or maybe a Zombieland RP would do.

Just give it to me already ):
Wasn't there a Walking Dead RP before? Like, a few months ago? I would host one, but I'm not big on zombies.

@Bleacher- I've never played Crysis, but it sounds pretty cool!

YA | S: WoF | FE: TRW | F:TLoD
Old April 24th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Dusk
Fighting to Renew my Past...

Nature: Lonely
So, I have an idea for this Wolf's Rain RP.

Avoiding the "Paradise" topic altogether, this plot would be based solely on survival. Wolves have become a public awareness, and the Humans are trying to hunt them to true extinction. Players can choose both Humans and Wolves, all with different motifs, plans and intents.

Thoughts?

Old April 24th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfOfEve View Post
So, I have an idea for this Wolf's Rain RP.

Avoiding the "Paradise" topic altogether, this plot would be based solely on survival. Wolves have become a public awareness, and the Humans are trying to hunt them to true extinction. Players can choose both Humans and Wolves, all with different motifs, plans and intents.

Thoughts?
I like this idea c:

… I would reserve a spot for wolf but I already know your answer… -v-
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old April 24th, 2013, 12:56 PM
Nakuzami
That Person's Name Is . . .
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Okay, so here's a few sections from the roleplay revive that I'm working on.

Spoiler:

★Prologue

The young professor rushed down the corridor, biting her lip over a bad piece of news that she had just received. It was tragic and she wondered just how much it would hinder the tournament.

"Aurea, what's your hurry?" Carter Rowan turned to the young woman as she practically broke the door down upon entering the lead conference room.

"Nothing good, Carter. Nothing good." Aurea Juniper walked over to the head of the room and placed her hand upon the board, summoning a large, interactive hologram upon its surface. She quickly and expertly navigated through multiple layers of menus until she found the files that she wanted.

Carter Rowan lowered his glasses slightly as he viewed the board in front of Professor Juniper. He placed the book that he had been reading on the table beside him as he walked up and stood next to the younger scientist.

"These are images of yet another attack by our friendly little visitors. This time on Palisade Island," Aurea explained. "Five trainers were injured and all of their pokémon were taken. There was not a single witness, and it happened so fast that none of the victims can recall the events that took place."

"And why are you showing me these?" Rowan asked, neither his face nor tone showing any reaction to the images.

"We can't hold the tournament under such conditions. We would be playing right into the hands of these criminals!" Aurea cried, her eyes burning and arms thrown wide.

"I don't think that a few native trainers being robbed is any reason to cancel such an event. Our trainers can certainly take care of themselves," Carter grunted, stoic yet confident as he thoughtfully stroked his beard.

"Carter . . . ," Aurea sighed, ". . . Cynthia attempted to assist these trainers. She almost died. She's in the hospital, and she's yet to wake since the attack."

This statement seemed to reach Rowan. He looked at Aurea with a shocked expression, speechless.

"It's too late," Rowan stated once he managed to find himself. "Contestants will begin to arrive in the morning. We . . . we must simply keep hope that attacks will decrease; that these petty criminals will be discouraged by hundreds of elite trainers patrolling the islands."

Aurea looked back at the images, the expression in her eyes distant. "I don't know, Carter, but we can only hope." Aurea shut down the hologram and slowly exited the room. Once the door shut behind her, she sighed one last time. "Let's just hope that hope is enough."

★Plot

Background:
Far away from civilization, basking in isolation in the middle of the Atlantic, sits an archipelago of eighteen islands. Long untouched by the scourges brought by mankind, these islands remained untarnished paradises for centuries. It wasn't until thirty-five years ago that these islands were discovered. At first they simply remained a point of study, scientists and archaeologists seeking to unveil the secrets hidden beneath the waves of these lost islands. Within five years of their discovery, people began to migrate to the archipelago. As of yet. no singular country had laid claim upon the islands. So, taking advantage of the opportunity, the International Pokémon League Confederation, or IPLC, moved in. Thanks to this, the newly dubbed "Lost Islands" became a neutral territory, welcoming all and refusing no one.

For the next five years, the IPLC encouraged the inhabitation of the islands, drawing in an influx of immigrants from across the globe. By 1995, the islands had grown immensely, boasting a total population of nearly six million individuals. At this time, the IPLC unveiled their new gem: The Lost Tournament.

The Lost Tournament was to be a grande competition, welcoming trainers from all across the planet. It was to be an entire league consisting of seventeen Arenas, each featuring a different pokémon type and its own unique Arena Medal. The tournament would host five hundred elite trainers that would be handpicked by tournament officials. Of course, they still had to pass the preliminary tests. Lastly, this tournament was to be held every five years.
Present Day:
The year is 2020 and preparations for the sixth Lost Tournament are coming to a close. Five hundred trainers have been picked and have passed the preliminary testing and are finally making their ways to the legendary Lost Islands. Bags are being packed, pokémon are being prepared, and the inhabitants of the Lost Islands are getting geared up to welcome a fresh batch of trainers.

Even the islands are not without their flaws, however. Anything can go wrong just as easily as in any other location. There's also the fact that there's been a recent rise in attacks and robberies all across the islands. People and pokémon have even turned up missing, and no one has yet been able to identify the culprits. It is assumed that the attacks are linked, although no solid evidence has been reported to prove this to be true. It is known, however, that the culprits are dangerous, organized, and cunning enough to get away with it all unnoticed.

As well as the disasters caused by man, there has also been an interesting increase in natural phenomena around the islands. Pokémon have become more agitated, defending their territories more vigorously and attacking people more often. Certain species have also shown abnormal behaviors throughout the archipelago, baffling the scientists and pokémon professors.

Citizens have also noticed that the various shrines of the archipelago, which predate any known human existence on the islands, appear to have been disturbed. No one is sure what to make of it, but it is possible that these disturbances are what have created the upset among the pokémon. Some of the more superstitious inhabitants have taken it as a sign to cancel the tournament and keep outsiders at bay.

Crazy, right? Well, the festivities must go on!

★Your Role

You are a contestant partaking in the Lost Tournament. For whatever reason, one of the six regional professors has taken enough interest in you to deem you worthy of entering the Lost Tournament. Whether it's due to past feats that you have achieved or because of the potential that they have seen in you, that matters little. All contestants start out at square one: new pokémon, new items, new everything. As far as the tournament is concerned, you're just another trainer aiming to be the best. You shall travel the Lost Islands, collect medals and earn your spot in the Lost Tournament—perhaps one of you may even earn the title of the Lost Hero. There will no doubt be many obstacles that you will face, but as a Pokémon Trainer, it is your duty to overcome these challenges.

From here on out, you are just another trainer without any knowledge of the challenges that await you.

From here on out, you are alone.

Good luck.

I wrote the Prologue/Your Role sections ages ago, so they may not be the best, lol.

I'm posting this here to:

a) inquire about how awkwardly writ it is and see if I should rewrite it.
b) see what the general interest in the roleplay is.
c) possibly find a co-GM.

I still have to detail all of the islands . . . although, I suppose I can do that as we go along. I also want to come up with some more things, such as lore for the islands or something. The more I think about this recently, the more interesting things I think of to throw into it. (Also, if it wasn't apparent by that little snippet, this is a pokémon journey roleplay.)

So, going by that, I'm not sure when I'll post this roleplay. If I have a laptop/something to give that laptop internet when summer starts, then I'll post it soon-ish. (I don't want to post it and then bam! no access to the internet, other than my phone, so I can't really GM. I've done that once before and it suuuuuucked.)
Old April 24th, 2013, 08:32 PM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies

Nature: Mild
That looks like an awesome journey RP :D

So many good RPs are going to be coming out I have no idea how my own will stay alive o.O
Old April 25th, 2013, 12:55 AM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Nature: Quirky
Hey guys, I have a question:

What do you prefer? Already existing universe RPs based on an existing series etc. or a completely original universe?

The board has had its fair share of both, with the existing universe option being the more popular obviously, but what do you prefer?
Old April 25th, 2013, 01:39 AM
Synthet

Nature: Careful
Personally I prefer existing universes. Nothing against anyones ability to create a fantastic setting, I just have a limited amount of time to dedicate to roleplaying, so it's usually easier for me to create a character and jump into a world I'm already familair with.

That being said, a Final Fantasy roleplay has legs, depending on the world setting. I think X actually has a lot of potential, as you can either do a pre-Yuna or alternate world plot where players play a Summoner and their Guardians on their journey. Or you can do a post-Yuna plot with players playing as Sphere Hunters.

I'd also love to see a roleplay set in Marvel or DC. A new class of X-Men or a Young Justice sort of deal. If I had time I'd do it, but I'll just wait and see if anyone else makes a move...
Old April 25th, 2013, 02:22 AM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthet View Post
I'd also love to see a roleplay set in Marvel or DC. A new class of X-Men or a Young Justice sort of deal. If I had time I'd do it, but I'll just wait and see if anyone else makes a move...
If you were to do anything Marvel or DC *coughmarvelcough* I would definitely take a look at it. I think anything super-hero at the moment would be my kinda gig. *winky-face-points-at-signature-and-cries*
Old April 25th, 2013, 02:34 AM
Sweet_Dreams
i is a gud righter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skymin View Post

What do you prefer? Already existing universe RPs based on an existing series etc. or a completely original universe?

The board has had its fair share of both, with the existing universe option being the more popular obviously, but what do you prefer?
Ooh good question.

I generally prefer original RPs. I really like discovering new worlds with new rules, or following along with an original plotline and encounter things I haven't seen elsewhere. I mean, either way, as an RPer, you're playing in somebody else's sandbox. In an original world, however, I feel like you have a bit more wriggle room than in an established one. I love feeling like I'm a part of the creation of something, and not just a participant in a collaborative AU fanfiction.

Obviously, there's still a huge amount of creativity and effort for somebody modifying something from a show or game or novel into a roleplayable format. It can be great to jump into an established world you love or are intrigued by, but to me it seems slightly limiting. Sometimes these RPs stand on the popularity of the series they're based on, rather than on their own merits. It can be difficult to distinguish between success due to hype over the original work, or success on the RP's own merits.

Basically: series-based RPs are fun and can be extremely well done, but I love original RPs (even if they're probably more likely to die).

Although... am I the only RPer here that doesn't want to run an RP of my own? It kinda seems like everyone's getting in on the action while I just twiddle my thumbs in the corner and treasure my "Participation" award. xD
Old April 25th, 2013, 02:42 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies

Quote:

I don't particularly favour one over the other as long as the story is good and the RP is decently made

@Synthet - I actually have an RP set in the marvel universe set aside xD. But I have a different "project" that I'm planning to bring out first.

@Sweet_Dreams - I doubt your the only one. I actually really enjoy creating my own universes and plots and then watching them develop as a player and GM in my own RPs.
Old April 25th, 2013, 02:45 AM
Vintage Arachnid
im always watchin
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Vintage Arachnid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Dreams View Post
Ooh good question. ^^
o_0; Who are you?

But, to answer the question at hand. I like original world's like what Supervegeta and Raikiri have done with Aerion, and I applaud them for taking all that time to do that. There are just so many things you can do in original that you can't do in existing ones. Well... possibly. If I had the patience to do that I would most certainly do that for any RP that I would come up with. My laziness would show, so, if I'm making a RP it'll be set in the real world/present day just to make it a bit less complicated for me! You have to be creative to do original worlds and I'm not sure if I could think that vastly or much in order to have what it takes. Ahh well.

(If the GMs are capable) Original > Existing

THE EXTREMELY JEALOUS PAIR OF CAREFULWETPAINT
Old April 25th, 2013, 03:02 AM
Sweet_Dreams
i is a gud righter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro Bug View Post
o_0; Who are you?
Very funny, Mister We're-In-An-RP-Together. xP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimmepie View Post
@Sweet_Dreams - I doubt your the only one. I actually really enjoy creating my own universes and plots and then watching them develop as a player and GM in my own RPs.
Obviously, there are a lot of lovely and unique experiences to being a GM. I suppose I just feel a bit like I'm not allowed on the cool table because I don't plan on creating my own RP. I'm perfectly happy exploring worlds and plots that other people have set and interacting with other characters without all the stress.
Old April 25th, 2013, 03:02 AM
Colony
It's About Dominating!

Nature: Lax
IMO, I feel like original worlds are more interesting, but existing worlds force certain rules that are already established, thus making them easier to follow and more approachable for RPers. With that said I am working on developing a concept drawing inspiration from various manga, anime, and games, including Megaman Battle Network, Sword Art Online, and Accel World. So here is what I've got after about 20 minutes of brainstorming and writing. This is a very early draft so I apologize for any awkward or broken grammar.

Premise:
Spoiler:
The year is 2107. A phenomenon occurred 5 years prior and the advent of a new technology arose. The Neurological Integration Device (NID) gave humanity a new dimension of computer technology. Through a cell-phone-like device a person could connect with any device powered by electricity, which is virtually everything. This form of connection was termed a “Dive” or in other words plunging your conscience into an electronic device. While “Diving” your conscience leaves your body and converts into a user designed body. The user’s “Diving” personality is heavily influenced by their appearance. (IE: if your character looks like a rogue chances are they will have rogue-like tendencies even if the user doesn't have these tendencies in real life).

Story:
Spoiler:
The story is set in the fictional town of New Ridge; a technological hub found near Seattle, Washington. New Ridge is relatively small in size, but what it lacks in size or population it makes up with sheer amounts of talented individuals at “Diving.” Due to the large amount of “Diving” in New Ridge, it has become increasingly afflicted by Neurological Terrorism (NT; NT can also stand for Neurological Terrorist/s). Rumors have been spreading that a group of NT have been developing in New Ridge and that they wish to bring the digital world to its knees.

You:
Spoiler:
You are just an average student (middle school, high school, or college) trying to enjoy life as you see fit. You recently got a NID and are now enjoying the various activities you can do with it, such as hang out with friends digitally, help people with viruses, or cause some mischief through hacking.

More to come, but they're in the works. Also, if you like what you see and want one just ask. It's not like I've got anything better to do (other than write posts).
Old April 25th, 2013, 03:11 AM
Synthet

Quote:
If you were to do anything Marvel or DC *coughmarvelcough* I would definitely take a look at it. I think anything super-hero at the moment would be my kinda gig. *winky-face-points-at-signature-and-cries*
I would absolutely love, love, love to. But I just don't have the time to devote to being a GM at the minute. I could maybe be persuaded to backseat co-GM something, but even that would be a stretch. But yes, a Marvel RP would be right up my street. I suggested a new X-Men class because it gives structure, room for character/power development, easy origin story etc. etc. But anything could work really.
Old April 25th, 2013, 03:30 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies

@Colony - That actually sounds really cool, I might be in for that xD. I would recommend fleshing it out and expanding on it a bit though (origins, the event itself, motives of the NT and how the protagonists deal with these enemies).
Old April 25th, 2013, 04:13 AM
Nakuzami
That Person's Name Is . . .
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Didn't I mention something comic book-y a while back? Well, I had an idea for a supehero roleplay---a few superhero roleplays, actually---but I'm spending most of my RPing time working on the one I posted a little while ago.

Mine probably would have involved a new generation of heroes, possibly mentored by previous heroes. Perhaps something like DC Universe Online. And I probably would have thought pf a way to merge Marvel and DC for a roleplay. It wouldn't be difficult, lol. d:
Old April 25th, 2013, 07:14 AM
DLMuerte
#aldnoahzero

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to DLMuerte
Colony- that sounds so much like MegaMan Battle Network, as well as StarForce (of course, they're in the same universe), as well as Draglade, that I have to get into it the moment it exists.

Superheroes... I suppose it would be interesting, but DC>Marvel imo *shot by Skymin*

I prefer existing universes, although I really don't have much of a bias.

YA | S: WoF | FE: TRW | F:TLoD

Last edited by DLMuerte; April 25th, 2013 at 07:25 AM.
Old April 25th, 2013, 08:21 AM
Synthet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLaMuerte View Post
Superheroes... I suppose it would be interesting, but DC>Marvel imo *shot by Skymin*
Well, in truth Ultimate Marvel>Marvel/DC. But that's probably just me.
Old April 25th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Bleacher
Chaos Worshipper

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Well, in truth Ultimate Marvel>Marvel/DC. But that's probably just me.
How about Marvel Zombies?

On a side note I'm putting the Crysis RP in cryo now, not many people seem to be familiar with Crysis...

And with all the Original Universe discussion, I have plans for making an RP set in the low fantasy middle ages where players take on the role of nobles and lords. The players band together to create kingdoms, war other realms and the main goal would be global domination. In the process players would make allies and enemies and can switch alliance to other realms. . . The RP would see rise and fall of realms, birth of superpowers and everyone else on the map gangbanging to destroy the superpower. If this idea feels good I'll go along and pay more time to flesh it out!
Old April 25th, 2013, 11:30 AM
The Mega Champion
Strategist

Send a message via AIM to The Mega Champion Send a message via Skype™ to The Mega Champion
A while back I became a fan of the Persona series.

So someone make a Persona RP with Pokemon elements in it.

Or not.

Do whatever you want to.

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 5.

Winter 2014 for PS3.

Old April 25th, 2013, 12:15 PM
ohHeyVaporeon.
You just can't shake me.

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ohHeyVaporeon. Send a message via Yahoo to ohHeyVaporeon. Send a message via Skype™ to ohHeyVaporeon.
Did I read something about X-Men?

-squeals-

Quote:
I would absolutely love, love, love to. But I just don't have the time to devote to being a GM at the minute. I could maybe be persuaded to backseat co-GM something, but even that would be a stretch. But yes, a Marvel RP would be right up my street. I suggested a new X-Men class because it gives structure, room for character/power development, easy origin story etc. etc. But anything could work really.
I did, I did!

I love X-Men roleplays, so much so that it's not always a good thing. I think I would basically die if there was an X-Men themed roleplay. I would never leave. Ever. -.-
Old April 25th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

Nature: Sassy
Personally, I think original worlds are better, but only if it is managed well by the GM. Generally existing worlds, or at least worlds based on existing ones, are easier to get across to the RPers and attract more attention (I think...)

And btws, Marvel is simply better than DC. The only thing cooler than a few marvel heroes that DC has is Batman, who gets owned by Spider-Man 10/10 times. Although, I kinda like the DC villains more. Especially the Batman villains.

Mr. Aladdin sir! Have a wish or two or three!
Old April 25th, 2013, 02:24 PM
Aquali Umiko
Roaring back with a vengeance!

Nature: Sassy
Definitely all for Marvel here. Marvel never ceases to amaze me.
Old April 25th, 2013, 03:39 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mega Champion View Post
A while back I became a fan of the Persona series.

So someone make a Persona RP with Pokemon elements in it.

Or not.

Do whatever you want to.
Ooh, I think that's been discussed upon but never actually gone ahead. I'd be interested how you'd pull a plot together as Persona has very delicate and strange but good plots. You'd need to try and rival that. ;D
Old April 25th, 2013, 04:00 PM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies

Well just figured I'd let you guys know that the RP that I have been working on is a Darker than Black RP. I can't give up too much information just yet because I have to confirm some things with my co-GM for the RP, but I figure it can't hurt to see what everyone thinks.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here