The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 29th, 2013, 10:29 AM
銀ヤミ
Fighting to Renew my Past...

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfOfEve View Post

Wolf's Rain - Extinction has been posted! I thought about it long and hard, and decided not to exclude the hunt for Paradise. Instead, it's an option, just as /everything/ will be in this RP. It will be completely sandbox with every character able to free roam. The ending will be decided entirely upon each and every player's actions during the RP.

I'm very excited to get this thing up and running.

Interested? Here's a sneak peak!

Spoiler:

When are we born? When do we die? Why are we born? Why do we die? The world has been destroyed and we've fallen countless times, always resurrecting from the ashes as Paradise. It has happened before, and it will happen again. An endless cycle of life and death. The world is a Paradise that was opened by someone, but this era too is almost at an end. We have acquired the means to exceed our natural span of life, never suspecting that the world itself was finalized in its existence. This knowledge has left me in despair, my fate has fallen and scattered like the petals of a dying flower, like the blast from a sand storm it has been warn down and weathered away. As if to be purified, the world will be encased in ice so that it can return to the beginning once more. Paradise is a world that is opened by someone...

They say there's no such place as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the Earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But, in spite of that... Why am I so driven to find it? A voice calls to me... It says, "Search for Paradise."

According to an old legend, when the end of the world comes, a place known as Paradise will appear. However, only wolves will know how to find it. Although wolves are believed to have been hunted to extinction nearly two hundred years ago, they still exist, surviving by taking human forms.

However, this lifetime has taken a turn for the worse.

The existence of wolves has become common knowledge, and some Humans won't stop until they're all extinct. While these wolves maintain secrecy in Human disguise, they find themselves searching... For Paradise.

Paradise is said to be a perfect world, though no one has seen it with their own eyes. It is said that only wolves can enter its glorious world, though only when led there by a lunar flower.

Humans, terrified of wolves, have become suspicious of even each other, and chaos has ensued in the past few months. Some try to go about their lives in fear, some actively hunt the wolves... Yet some want to see them live.

A Pagan-like religion has formed under the Lunar Tome, or "Book of the Moon". This book is banned and those who own it are executed, their book burned. However, some Humans still read from it in secrecy, and believe in its words. The Book of the Moon explains about Wolves, Lunar Flowers, Paradise, and much more, but one detail stands out among all else: the book states that wolves are divine creatures, and that Humans are descendants of wolves.

These Tome-worshiping Humans call themselves Pagans, and would prefer to see the wolves left alone, or even assisted in their journey, rather than slaughtered. However, they must keep their beliefs secret, or else they become outcasts, get executed, or both.

In very rare instances, some Humans have gone hunting for wolves, using their rifles to end every one they can find.

Meanwhile, the wolves run free, though cautious and hidden. Most search for Paradise, Lunar Flowers, or simply a place to live in peace. Some wish to live alongside Humans, while some wish to never see another. Wolves most often live in the wilderness outside of Human towns, travelling often so that they aren't found. However, some wolves have found residence in old abandoned buildings or towns, among other things. Some travel in packs, some are lone wolves. On rare occasion, some Wolves have lived their lives like dogs, fooling everyone including their owners. Most wolves mock these 'pets', and disagree with the idea entirely.

Nobles are alien beings that look strikingly similar to Humans (they are nearly impossible to differentiate if you exclude technology and clothing) and live in airships that are clearly far more advanced than Human tech. Nobles make little to no contact with Humans due to a lack of interest. Few Nobles are also searching for Paradise, and plan to find it before the wolves do.
Is no one going to give e some thought/feedback on this? I posted the OOC already, but still some feedback would be welcomed.

Also, I totally just did the «SAO» theme. Made the signature myself!
x
Old April 29th, 2013, 11:11 AM
adventure
satellite physician

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfOfEve View Post
Is no one going to give e some thought/feedback on this? I posted the OOC already, but still some feedback would be welcomed.

Also, I totally just did the «SAO» theme. Made the signature myself!
I think it sounds interesting, but I think a RP where you as the GM lead a group of wolves through half-preplanned events towards paradise would work better than a sandbox style thing like it is now. You've gotta work more to make people keep up interest now. Also, the snowy background is somewhat distracting, I probably wouldn't have a transparent background for the text, and just keep the snow behind the text-box. :>

Your signature shows up wrong for me btw, the sword and asian letters are above the banner image instead of over/around them. I just assume that was what you were aiming for, since what it looks like now (to me, at least) will probably get a mod on your tail before too long~
paired with : abnegation
roleplay: CLOUD v2.0
Old April 29th, 2013, 12:48 PM
銀ヤミ

I can still encourage players to continue their adventure even under a sandbox setting though. And maybe the snow is distracting, but it plays a strong central theme in Wolf's Rain and I couldn't have left it out.

Also, fixed the sig, though it might look wrong on phones or something, it should look good now.
x
Old April 29th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Chalifoux
VOOOOOODKA!
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Just thought I'd stop by and advertise my RP, HOMESTUCK (and some other shenanigans of the like). Yes, another Homestuck RP, but I promise this isn't one of those copy paste RPs where everything is exactly the same as someone elses RP. Besides, you can't ever have enough of Homestuck...

Also, I'm new to the forum... Please don't hurt me because of my noobness
Old April 30th, 2013, 03:50 AM
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

Nature: Serious
Skymin you take all the fun out of stuff!

Anyways I'll do this the old and boring and cliche way, welcome to the corner EliteBeasts. I did have a unique greeting for you but apparently that is not good enough to please the masses. Anyways I've heard of Homstruck so if it's popular on the net it'll probably be popular enough for this rp to achieve liftoff.
Old May 1st, 2013, 12:05 PM
Aquali Umiko
Roaring back with a vengeance!

Nature: Sassy
Okay, so I know I went absolutely X-Men bonkers last week, but I have been in a serious X-Men mood lately. Not only that, but I am returning from a hiatus (one that was not planned at that), and so every time I see something I like I wind up going completely insane. I promised myself I wouldn't get too involved when I first came back because I am in school for my associates, but not getting involved in everything or starting my own roleplay has been the hardest part of everything yet. Not just that, but with a new username I keep having to fight the desire to start a roleplay of my own.

So I'm not going to fight it anymore. I WANT to do an X-Men type of roleplay, but if that is indeed the route I go then I have a lot of planning that I need to do. I have always been a huge sucker for what I would call the "lesser known" characters, and for a while there I had a board of my own where I was going to be roleplaying as Northstar (with brief stints as twin sister Aurora as well). Things fell through with that, and that sucked, but I have wanted to go back down that path for a very, very long time. I want to do a sort of Academy shtick, something where their is maybe an assault, invasion, etc... Something. Like I said, I have a lot of planning I'll need to do. I have even considered an epic battle between rivaling academies, one good and one villainous. Ideally I would like for the characters to all be somewhat lesser known, but of course I wouldn't cause a stink if someone wanted to do one of the all-time favorites. It certainly couldn't hurt things, right?

All of this is a jumbled up mess of rambling, I know, but I figured if I am going to share it anywhere that I might as well do it here. Any input is much appreciated, good or bad, because I genuinely want this thread (if I do indeed make it) to survive without getting boring over time. I am open to a CO-GM, simply for the fact I have always been a big supporter of teamwork.
Old May 1st, 2013, 01:20 PM
Synthet

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquali Umiko View Post
Okay, so I know I went absolutely X-Men bonkers last week, but I have been in a serious X-Men mood lately. Not only that, but I am returning from a hiatus (one that was not planned at that), and so every time I see something I like I wind up going completely insane. I promised myself I wouldn't get too involved when I first came back because I am in school for my associates, but not getting involved in everything or starting my own roleplay has been the hardest part of everything yet. Not just that, but with a new username I keep having to fight the desire to start a roleplay of my own.

So I'm not going to fight it anymore. I WANT to do an X-Men type of roleplay, but if that is indeed the route I go then I have a lot of planning that I need to do. I have always been a huge sucker for what I would call the "lesser known" characters, and for a while there I had a board of my own where I was going to be roleplaying as Northstar (with brief stints as twin sister Aurora as well). Things fell through with that, and that sucked, but I have wanted to go back down that path for a very, very long time. I want to do a sort of Academy shtick, something where their is maybe an assault, invasion, etc... Something. Like I said, I have a lot of planning I'll need to do. I have even considered an epic battle between rivaling academies, one good and one villainous. Ideally I would like for the characters to all be somewhat lesser known, but of course I wouldn't cause a stink if someone wanted to do one of the all-time favorites. It certainly couldn't hurt things, right?

All of this is a jumbled up mess of rambling, I know, but I figured if I am going to share it anywhere that I might as well do it here. Any input is much appreciated, good or bad, because I genuinely want this thread (if I do indeed make it) to survive without getting boring over time. I am open to a CO-GM, simply for the fact I have always been a big supporter of teamwork.
Hi Aquali! I'm not sure if you know, but I'm currently working on an X-Men roleplay. I'm just waiting for Red to get back to me with some formatting things, I'll run my first post through my editing process, and then I'll be submitting it. You're very welcome to apply once it's up, since X-Men seems to be your thing!
Old May 1st, 2013, 03:55 PM
Aquali Umiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthet View Post
Hi Aquali! I'm not sure if you know, but I'm currently working on an X-Men roleplay. I'm just waiting for Red to get back to me with some formatting things, I'll run my first post through my editing process, and then I'll be submitting it. You're very welcome to apply once it's up, since X-Men seems to be your thing!
If I can be Northstar... Count me in, Jack! :3
Old May 2nd, 2013, 01:48 AM
Synthet

Nature: Careful
Original characters only Aquali. You design your own mutant and join a new class of X-Men, so no one will be playing any existing Marvel characters unless given prior permission.
Old May 2nd, 2013, 10:55 AM
Aquali Umiko

Ah, okay. Fair enough. That works too.
Old May 2nd, 2013, 12:12 PM
<Challenger>
Wake me when you need me.

Nature: Jolly
Holy crap guys...I'm sorry...I've been gone forever. Almost literally. I'm sorry to say that I won't be able to participate in any of the roleplays I'm in anymore. We have finals coming up soon, and a whole bunch of personal stuff is coming up. I'm sorry. I feel like I'm letting you all down. I'm not sure when I'll be able to post again. I hope you guys can forgive me.
Old May 2nd, 2013, 12:20 PM
adventure
satellite physician

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by heretostay123 View Post
Holy crap guys...I'm sorry...I've been gone forever. Almost literally. I'm sorry to say that I won't be able to participate in any of the roleplays I'm in anymore. We have finals coming up soon, and a whole bunch of personal stuff is coming up. I'm sorry. I feel like I'm letting you all down. I'm not sure when I'll be able to post again. I hope you guys can forgive me.
Don't worry :) Most of us have found ourselves in that situation once or twice or in my case, once every third month or so and if we haven't, it'll strike us soon enough. To begin with, we all probably just came here to kick back and have some fun with text and plots, so it's not the end of the world if you have to hold up posting for a while. Let it take the time it takes and I hope we'll see you back if you find yourself feeling fresh and eager for new roleplaying in the future!
paired with : abnegation
roleplay: CLOUD v2.0
Old May 3rd, 2013, 08:08 AM
銀ヤミ

[advertisement=Shameless]

Welp, it's up! (and clickable. Go ahead, try it.)

I'd like to welcome all players, old and new, whether you've seen/read Wolf's Rain or not. The only thing to worry about is that violent 'M' rating!

I'm excited for this, so I hope others can get excited for it too! Just give it a click, read the OOC post, see what you think!

[/advertisement]
x
Old May 3rd, 2013, 05:14 PM
Kikpanther
Not a beginner that's for sure
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kikpanther
Heeeeey, errebody!

I don't visit this place often (see: Never) but I've come today with a question I'm hoping you'll all acknowledge. I'm considering making a Mystery Dungeon RP and I want to know if anyone would be interested in it before I start. I know there are a lot of PMD RPs that come in and out of this forum. There's one now and I'm sure as soon as that's finished there will be another. I just wanted to know if anyone's getting sick of it? Or if another PMD RP will seem like another one for the stack and not many would be interested. With the idea I have, I could probably turn it into a Pokemon adventure kind of RP, I suppose, but it wouldn't be as easy.

I'm not looking for obligations here, just opinions.

Also, if there is enough interest and someone would like to, I wouldn't mind if anyone volunteered to help? I'm not a very organized person and two heads full of ideas is much better than one head full of ideas. If someone wants to, I'd like it if you'd be very committed, not just so I can get the best of your ideas but so we can stay together and I can get a little help if my motivation drops. X) I'm looking for this RP to have a deep story with many surfaces, whether the RPers catch it or not. I'd like to make it memorable, compelling, and always keeping the RPers questioning and guessing, even if I flatout told them the truth. I guess I want to make it like a real book (but then again, who doesn't?)

If this is too long to read I'm sorry (and then again not). Thank you in advance!
Old May 3rd, 2013, 09:36 PM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies

Nature: Mild
I can help you out if you want, just PM me the details :D

I don't think anyone is really going to get sick of the idea just because it is done by more than one person, the story will be different after all. Just look at all the journey RP's that come through here.
Old May 4th, 2013, 02:34 AM
Midnight-Umbreon

Is anyone willing to make a little banner thing for my rp? (which no one has joined) cuase then hopefully people might join

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=300771

Music Is The Escape
Old May 4th, 2013, 06:29 PM
DLMuerte
Mercenary Chief

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to DLMuerte
@Kiklion Ah, yes. A PMD RP.

Uh, all I have to say is that I was making one too. But then I noticed that it seemed like it would play out more like a videogame and focus more on one player. I haven't abandoned the idea, but now I'm pushing it aside in lieu of another RP.

So, uh, yeah. This is possibly useless advice, but make sure you keep it good for everyone and not just one player.

_____

In other news, uh, I'm nearly done with my newest creation, DEADMAN.exe!

But here's the thing; I thought of, instead, changing it to something I call Deadman Divergence, which is a Deadman Wonderland/Steins;Gate crossover RP, with a bit of Claymore too (in terms of worm eaters and such). But I don't know if I should submit my current creation or create the new one... help?

Teaser plot of DEADMAN.exe, what I have now... if you're curious.
Spoiler:
You were probably your average Joe.

You worked at the corner store, gained meager pay, got home, ate, played videogames, slept, woke up, got dressed, ate, went to work, rinsed and repeated. You had the average life, your girlfriend was nice, your parents didn’t really bother you, that stuff. It was all just pretty damn sweet until you opened that email.

Or maybe you were a teen.

You got up, groaned about how much your parents sucked (how ungrateful!), brushed your teeth, took a shower, got dressed, ate, opened doors (and if you were feisty, you slammed it pretty damn hard), went to school, groaned about school, went home, ate, played videogames, played more videogames, then went to sleep. You were a freaking monster. Till you opened that email.

It doesn’t matter who the hell you were, your life was changed.

It was an email encrypted with the file DEADMAN.exe. Maybe you thought it was a virus as it first popped up on your screen. It said, DEADMAN PROGRAM INITIALIZING. You think. Maybe you were in shock. But when you blacked out, your last thoughts were probably, What. The. Hell. You woke up on a boat next. Next to eleven other cots (that makes twelve, for your information), in your regular clothes. It’s a luxury liner, and in fact it is still in use today, but the name is changed and it has been modified beyond recognition. So that, you know, you don’t try to blow it up for some reason. At first, it seems like, oh cool, a cruise, for ME! Or maybe you’re paranoid that there’s something wrong, you didn’t sign up for this. It’s not till you notice it’s not moving that you hear an announcement on the PA system. An announcement you’ll remember for the rest of your life... of course, if you’re not dead already.

YA | S: WoF | FE: TRW
Old May 4th, 2013, 07:06 PM
Chalifoux
VOOOOOODKA!
Community Supporter

@DeLaMuerte: Yes. Hell Yes. Hell Freaking Yes. The teaser is nothing but awesome in my opinnion. And it reminds me of 999 for the DS in the sense of some folks trapped in a ship. I would dfinitely follow it, an join if my writing skills weren't as mediocre as they are now xD Nonetheless, I say you should post it, as it would certainly dragattention amidst all those Pokemon RPs round here :p
Old May 4th, 2013, 07:06 PM
SylveonStar
Sylveon

I've just submitted an Rp based off of Final Fantasy XIII (13) :3
Old May 5th, 2013, 10:51 AM
DLMuerte
Mercenary Chief

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to DLMuerte
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteBeats View Post
@DeLaMuerte: Yes. Hell Yes. Hell Freaking Yes. The teaser is nothing but awesome in my opinnion. And it reminds me of 999 for the DS in the sense of some folks trapped in a ship. I would dfinitely follow it, an join if my writing skills weren't as mediocre as they are now xD Nonetheless, I say you should post it, as it would certainly dragattention amidst all those Pokemon RPs round here :p
I need a another GM in case I have to fall out for some reason, but once I get that all I really need to do is put together the BB code (augh) and post it.

I'm still a bit worried about Deadman Divergence, but I think I can make it a sequel. If I get to making a sequel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Genevieve~ View Post
I've just submitted an Rp based off of Final Fantasy XIII (13) :3
Sounds interesting. Then again, I've never played Final Fantasy XIII (I've barely played any of them, shame), but it sounds like it's worth a look.

EDIT: Submitted DEADMAN.exe (it's OOC)! Still looking for a Co-GM though.

YA | S: WoF | FE: TRW

Last edited by DLMuerte; May 5th, 2013 at 04:25 PM. Reason: PC is frustrating sometimes.
Old May 5th, 2013, 04:39 PM
lacoste

Hello everyone!

I guess I'm fairly new here, but I decided to go ahead and submit my very own RP!

It is a PMD-like RP, where people will have to RP as Pokémon in order to bring safety back to their natural reserve.

It's rated PG, and it's mostly meant for laid back RPing, but I feel like it has a lot of potential, so yeah, look forward to it!
Old May 6th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Colony
It's About Dominating!

Nature: Lax
I've been refining my RP. I decided to use a heavier influence from the Battle Network games, so now there will be items called Drives that function very similarly to Battle Chips. I have yet to find a name that clicks so suggestions would be appreciated. Also, I would like to state that I would greatly appreciate someone to explain to me some of the more advanced BBCode. I have a grasp of the more basic stuff, but I want to develop my abilities for more elaborate stuff to make my writing look prettier. Without further ado here is a sneak peek at some (read: small amount) of the important details of this RP.

Premise:
Spoiler:
The year is 2107. A phenomenon occurred 5 years prior and the advent of a new technology arose. The Neurological Integration Device (NID) gave humanity a new dimension of computer technology. Through a cell-phone-like device a person could connect with any device powered by electricity, which is virtually everything. This form of connection was termed a “Dive” or in other words plunging your conscious into an electronic device. While Diving your conscious leaves your body and converts into a user designed body, simply called a Dive body, since the connection is neurological, pain can be felt while Diving.

Story:
Spoiler:
The story is set in the fictional town of New Ridge; a technological hub found near Seattle, Washington. New Ridge is relatively small in size, but what it lacks in size or population it makes up with sheer amounts of talented individuals at Diving. These talented individuals attend New Ridge Technical High School. At this school students are given various tasks to perform, most of which involve dangerous fights with viruses. Students that excel in these tasks are given more specialized tasks to perform, such as investigating an act of Neurological Terrorism.

Due to the large amount of Diving in New Ridge, it has become increasingly afflicted by Neurological Terrorism (NT; NT can also stand for Neurological Terrorist/s). Rumors have been spreading that a group of NT have been developing in New Ridge and that they wish to bring the digital world to its knees. This group has managed to evade many of the city’s best Hunters (people that are specialized in hunting NT). Their goal is uncertain, but if left alone the city of New Ridge will be forced to go offline.

You:
Spoiler:
You are a student attending New Ridge Technical High School. As a student of this school your responsibility is to destroy viruses and prevent Neurological Terrorism. You have been assigned to a class of talented individuals ranging from all grades (9-12). This class was specially designed to perform more advanced tasks than the majority of the school and as such the size of the class is limited to nine people. At the start of every day your class is given a certain amount of tasks (3-6) to perform.

Disc Drives (these aren't the only type of Drives):
Spoiler:
Sword: this sword takes on many shapes but is always fast and strong. What it loses in range it makes up for in consistency.

Cannon: single-shot cannon that does a fair amount of damage and has a long range.

BurstShot: is a weapon that fires three shots, with medium range, and good damage if all shots hit.

ShockWave: the user slams gains the ability to cause a shock wave that disrupts the enemy’s movement.

Invis: Gives the user the ability to go invisible for a small period of time. Invisibility breaks upon use of any weapon.

Barrier: Blocks the next attack regardless of its strength, unless the attack is designed to break barriers.

Wave: A large wave of water washes over the area in front of the user damaging everything in the process, also douses fire, and makes electric attacks do more damage.

Thunder: creates a slow moving ball of electricity that does a little bit of damage, but temporarily paralyses the enemy if hit. If the enemy is paralyzed by this attack they will be unable to move until they are damaged again.

LeafStorm: a tornado of sharp leaves gusts through the area causing a small amount of damage to each enemy.

FlameTower: An extremely powerful geyser of fire, though its range is abysmal and easily avoided. If hit by this attack it is almost certain to beat any virus.

More to come, but they're in the works. Also, if you like what you see and want one just ask. It's not like I've got anything better to do (other than write posts).
Old May 6th, 2013, 06:10 PM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies

Nature: Mild
Okay guys I have a few questions for you.

Firstly, how many RPs do you think is too much for one person to handle?

Secondly, have you found using co-GMs is a viable method of countering that problem.

Thirdly, do you think I have to many RPs going? It's not a matter of handling them, I know I can, its just that right now I have three RPs I'm solo GMing with a fourth I'm co-GMing in the later stages of the production process (meaning editing and fixing the Formatting) and I kind of feel that people might get irritated if I continue to bring out RPs like this.
Old May 7th, 2013, 10:59 AM
SylveonStar
Sylveon

My new RP if you like final fantasy this is a great RP for you. Even if you don't know much about it there is plenty of info about the series. It's going to be a fun rp

Last edited by SylveonStar; May 12th, 2013 at 04:26 PM.
Old May 7th, 2013, 11:38 AM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Genevieve~ View Post

My new RP :) if you like final fantasy this is a great RP for you. Even if you don't know much about it there is plenty of info about the series. It's going to be a fun rp :)
Speaking of that, you should probably put a disclaimer noting first game spoilers, for those that may want to play the game but happen to look into the thread or are playing the game and still want to participate.

Sponsored Links