The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 7th, 2013, 11:57 AM
SylveonStar
Sylveon

Nature: Lonely

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
Speaking of that, you should probably put a disclaimer noting first game spoilers, for those that may want to play the game but happen to look into the thread or are playing the game and still want to participate.
Didn't think of that I'll be sure to do that
Old May 9th, 2013, 07:01 AM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
Sword Art online has been posted!

It took ShinyDiamond and me a lot of work to make it but I will promise you that we did our best to make it look awesome :3 (I did the lay-out though cx) I'm already excited about it haha xD

It's really hard to describe it's awesomeness so you have to take a look yourselves when it gets accepted by Skymin :3
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old May 9th, 2013, 07:37 AM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Another SAO RP? Cool, I'll join if it gets accepted, since I'm a sucker for MMO RPs.

Still waiting on a .Hack RP, though...

Having said that, I'll miss my character from Infinity Edition (as well as Infinity Edition itself). I loved his relationship with Tara and Jet.
Old May 9th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
Another SAO RP? Cool, I'll join if it gets accepted, since I'm a sucker for MMO RPs.

Still waiting on a .Hack RP, though...

Having said that, I'll miss my character from Infinity Edition (as well as Infinity Edition itself). I loved his relationship with Tara and Jet.
You could always bring your character back into the new SAO RP ofcourse :3 I will also bring my old character from infinity edition back into that RP ^^
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old May 9th, 2013, 01:37 PM
ORegan
I'm dating your mom
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimmepie View Post
Okay guys I have a few questions for you.

Firstly, how many RPs do you think is too much for one person to handle?

Secondly, have you found using co-GMs is a viable method of countering that problem.

Thirdly, do you think I have to many RPs going? It's not a matter of handling them, I know I can, its just that right now I have three RPs I'm solo GMing with a fourth I'm co-GMing in the later stages of the production process (meaning editing and fixing the Formatting) and I kind of feel that people might get irritated if I continue to bring out RPs like this.
To handle as a GM? It all depends on how much time you have on the computer to be honest. I work 60+ hours a week, so even participating in more than three RP's as a player while still having a social life is stretching my time awake thin, so I could probably only fully GM 1 RP that doesn't require high maintenance.

Co-GM's do work though, providing you can easily collaborate with the person and they have a general idea of your vision. It's especially good for times when you're not able to be near a computer for an extended period of time, and they could hold the fort down for a tad making minor decisions for the plot or follow notes you've set ffor them.

No, as long as you can handle the amount you're involved in and don't leave any to die out of disinterest, I don't see any problem. Make 40 if you can.
Old May 9th, 2013, 10:56 PM
Necrum
The most dapper evil genius

Nature: Adamant
I've been kicking around a concept for an RP. The idea is to have it take place after BW2, with a sort of Civil war between Old Plasma and the remnants of Neo Plasma. There would be two factions, Team Plasma Elite, N's most loyal servants from the original Team Plasma, and Shadow Plasma, a sect of Neo Plasma trained by the Shadow Triad to serve Ghetsis. The primary conflict would be based on Shadow Plasma trying to capture new Legendary Pokemon that have moved into Unova after the disappearance of Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem. This idea is meant to be a sort of mixture between the video games, and the Card Game, which features Team Plasma in control of many legendary Pokemon. I'm still not sure if, or when I could do this, but it would be nice to get some feedback on the concept.
Old May 10th, 2013, 08:44 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies

Nature: Mild
I think that perhaps it could be a great RP but I think that you need to expand on it a bit more story wise and gameplay wise before I can give too much feedback.

Edit: Oh, and partially due to Oregan's encouragement, both the Darker than Black RP I mentioned and another RP are on the way. I just have to get the last details sorted.

Last edited by gimmepie; May 10th, 2013 at 09:01 AM.
Old May 10th, 2013, 09:50 AM
koopafan29

I have an RP idea but I need you to give feedback please so the story is (not as long as it will be) Mew had a protector who was it's friend swell but suddenly team rocket killed him to try and get mew. All the other teams in the other regions heard about this and also found out mew had escaped and ran off to a faraway region. The people of the region heard about this and had a massive breakdown on society trying to get mew and have it's powers for their own. A few people were summoned by mew to take out the Massive threats and try and stop all the civilians from trying to get mew. All champions that took down the teams of their home region died in a battle that went on for months many were killed. No one thought mew survived but it is in big danger being held hostage by Ghetsis with Mewtwo, Genesect and Kyurem. Professor Oak knew that and has now asked trainers from each region to help take down Team Plasma and save the world before it is destroyed.
What do you think?
Old May 10th, 2013, 10:33 AM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by koopafan29 View Post
I have an RP idea but I need you to give feedback please so the story is (not as long as it will be) Mew had a protector who was it's friend swell but suddenly team rocket killed him to try and get mew. All the other teams in the other regions heard about this and also found out mew had escaped and ran off to a faraway region. The people of the region heard about this and had a massive breakdown on society trying to get mew and have it's powers for their own. A few people were summoned by mew to take out the Massive threats and try and stop all the civilians from trying to get mew. All champions that took down the teams of their home region died in a battle that went on for months many were killed. No one thought mew survived but it is in big danger being held hostage by Ghetsis with Mewtwo, Genesect and Kyurem. Professor Oak knew that and has now asked trainers from each region to help take down Team Plasma and save the world before it is destroyed.
What do you think?
Well, I have plenty of smaller questions...but there's one comment I have to make. It seems that you are trying to do everything to make something cool and appealing (such as bringing in all the teams, all the champions), but you have to focus this down. For instance, Plasma has no interest in destroying the world. Heck, none of the team leaders do, because it would mean certain death for them as well and none of them are suicidal.

Now, supposing that Mew does have this kind of incredible power, why doesn't it just take down Ghetsis? Sure, it's fun loving, but I can't see Mew as being the type to put itself, as well as the entire world, into grave danger for the sake of...nothing.

Plus, most of the other teams are dissolved. I'm not saying it's unreasonable that they would revive themselves if they had the motivation, but I think that the only one that would really go after Mew is Giovanni of Team Rocket, but his supposedly evil motivation is mostly brought on by his ambitions, so whether he'd actually do anything with Mew were he to obtain it...is pretty debatable, but you could certainly justify it in the RP. After all, Mew is still a mystery. Now, you do mention that they learn exactly what his power is, which could possibly catch the attention of Ghetsis as well, but not to the point where he would want to take over the world with it. Heck, if he had Mewtwo, Genesect, and Kyurem on his side, I think he'd be more than powerful enough to take over the world and destroy it.

As for the new region, why does it's society breakdown? I mean, I can understand that Mew is in the region and people want it, but there'd have to be some larger reason that this happens. What's more, why does everyone want it? I mean, sure, the Mew's powerful, but consider that quite a few incredibly strong legends have their locations known and they don't cause any sort of conflict (most of the time).

And how does Mew summon people? I'm not really sure how that works.
Old May 10th, 2013, 01:10 PM
YellowGardevoir
Expert Breeder

Nature: Quiet
Hey RP thread! I'm rather new here, (and completely new to the RP section.) I was just wondering if there was an RP that took newcomers. Also, I've read the guides and i don't think it says where to post Character Profiles, so I was wondering about that. Thanks in advance!
Old May 10th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowGardevoir View Post
Hey RP thread! I'm rather new here, (and completely new to the RP section.) I was just wondering if there was an RP that took newcomers. Also, I've read the guides and i don't think it says where to post Character Profiles, so I was wondering about that. Thanks in advance!
We don't have character profiles here :3 you simply sign up into a RP with a newly created character. You create a new character for every RP ^^

I don't know if you're fimilair with Sword Art Online? c: ShinyDiamond and I posted a Sword Art Online RP yesterday, it will be up once Skymin accepted it ^^

Skymin is the moderator of the Roleplay Corner and Lounge c:
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Old May 10th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Chalifoux
<< misplelled user tile... *tittlle >>
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowGardevoir View Post
Hey there! Welcome to these ever so awesome forums!
Character profiles... Most people refer to them as Sign-Up Sheets, SU Sheets for short. These should be in the first post of either the IC (In Character) or the OOC (Out Of Character) Threads of a Roleplay, these tend to have one of each although only the IC is needed to Roleplay. IC threads are all located in the Roleplay Corner and should only be used for posting as the character you Roleplay as (unless there isn't an OOC thread for the RP). OOC Threads tend to be in the Roleplay Loungue, but may also be in the IC for whatever reason. It's in these threads in which you post your SU sheet an discuss stuf related to the RP itself with your fellow Roleplayers. Although, of course, a GM (Game Master, aka, he or she who is in charge of the RP) has to review your SU. If the GM thinks your SU lacks nothing, then they will accept you in the Roleplay, but don't worry If they don't! You can always try again!

Also, every Su needs specific criteria to be filled, which may or may not be the same between RPs.

I hope I helped! :D But if you still have questions, we can always answer them!

Chalifoux
Slighlty Dronk
*drunnk

Send a Private Message!
Friend Code
Logbook
IGNs
Trade Reviews
Pair
Old May 10th, 2013, 02:57 PM
ORegan
I'm dating your mom
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimmepie View Post
I think that perhaps it could be a great RP but I think that you need to expand on it a bit more story wise and gameplay wise before I can give too much feedback.

Edit: Oh, and partially due to Oregan's encouragement, both the Darker than Black RP I mentioned and another RP are on the way. I just have to get the last details sorted.
So...when will I see the first page completely filled with RP's that literally have your name on them?

NecrumWarrior: It sounds interesting, but how do you plan on using the legendaries? What type of obstacles would be faced? How is the rest of the populace reacting to two Teams trying to take over? Do specific tons favor one over the other or are they all in an agreement that both Teams need to go?

Koopa: as machomuu said; what's so special about mew? He already has Mewtwo and two other legendaries to boot, why does Mew make such a difference? Also, why would the world be destroyed, and is that Ghetsis' plan or an unfortunate oversight in his schemes?
Old May 10th, 2013, 11:20 PM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies

@Oregon - Shortly, I just need to wait on a bit of messing around with editing and formatting, but the RPs themselves are fully made.

@Koopa - As everyone said, you have tried to cram too much into the RP in an attempt to appeal to everyone. Some RPs will be appealing to certain people, others won't - just narrow the focus and those who have an interest will show up, that's the way to do it.

@YellowGardevoir - Pokemon Trainer Academy is generally the go-to for new RPers here but you might also want to look into a few of the other RPs like the soon-to-be released SAO RP or you might want to have a look into Pokemon Survival Challenge v2.
Old May 11th, 2013, 11:59 AM
SylveonStar
Sylveon

@YellowGardevoir: PTA is the go to for some newcomers, also it might be good to check the recently accepted RPs. You should be able to tell in the first post of the thread in the roleplay lounge what RP's are accepting characters and what ones aren't.
Old May 11th, 2013, 01:00 PM
Adventure
the girl who w a i t e d

Nature: Naive
Hey thread. I disappeared to universityland for a week or so but I'll try to be back now.

I just want to point at this RP http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=300660 which is about Homestuck and I think anyone who has read Homestuck should join and anyone who thinks it seems remotely interesting should join and see what it's like. A properly managed Homestuck RP should become epic :3

Then again there haven't been posts there for 10 days so maybe the GM has given up? I hope not.
be sure to check out PokéPOTW #24 .
moderator of POKéMON GENERAL .
and of the ROLEPLAY CORNER .
paired to a b n e g a t i o n .
Old May 11th, 2013, 02:42 PM
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

Nature: Serious
Hey all, looking for talented rpers to join my latest rp! With summer around the corner you all should have no reason to try out! It's not based on time restrictions, rather who has the best quality SUs to show that they can be better rpers than their competition in this rp!

Adlania is a majestic place inhabited by various races. I am looking for four adventurers to travel the lands. This is not entirely a sandbox rp. There is a main quest of course, but the rpers are free to choose whether to pursue it, ignore it, or even work for the main villain. Want to be an assassin? Want to be a holy knight? Perhaps you are looking to just travel around and see the sights while chaos erupts around you? Whatever path you choose to take, know that there will be consequences, but also many rewards as well.
Old May 12th, 2013, 11:08 AM
Chalifoux
Community Supporter

@ Red. *And there was joy and happiness in the OOC Thread* :) Thanks a bunch for dragging people to the Rp. I really appreciated that :D

And now, MORE shameless advertising. But not about an RP I created. It's about DeLaMuerte's. DEADMAN.exe. It's okay if you've never heard of the anime, it barely resembles it! Basically you control your own blood in a certain way, as part of some psycho's schemes! But you only have a certain amount of blood, so you better be careful!

... And there's also free cookies in the OOC.

So, what do you think? You likes? You loves? I thought so! Now clicky here:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=301147

Chalifoux
Slighlty Dronk
*drunnk

Send a Private Message!
Friend Code
Logbook
IGNs
Trade Reviews
Pair
Old May 12th, 2013, 04:26 PM
SylveonStar
Sylveon

Is still accepting players we need three more. Warning there is spoilers for the game.
Old May 12th, 2013, 09:58 PM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies

Well, EliteBeats and I have completed working on our role play and it has now been submitted, we are just awaiting acceptance from Skymin :D

On a similar not, the Darker Than Black RP that Lokiepie and I have been working on is soon to follow so keep your eyes open for that also.

So, the "era" of my RPs littering the corner has begun haha (happy ORegan?)
Old May 13th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Chalifoux
Community Supporter

The Holy Era of Gimmepie is soon to unleash itself in front of everyone xD

Anyways. Y'know, someone should do a Gravity Rush RP... Or maybe a Journey RP... OR BOTH?! Errmerrgerrd, They would be loads and tons of awesome if done right.

Seriously. Do these RPs. Do them now.

Chalifoux
Slighlty Dronk
*drunnk

Send a Private Message!
Friend Code
Logbook
IGNs
Trade Reviews
Pair
Old May 13th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Dusk
Fighting to Renew my Past...

You know what else would be cool to RP in?

Dragonball Z
Fullmetal Alchemist
Dragon Age
Fable
Dead Rising
Busou Renkin
Super Press Space To Win Action RPG 2009

... That last one may have been a joke.

Old May 13th, 2013, 09:19 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies

I don't know what Gravity Rush is but there are always Journey RPs here, I even have one haha.

The Holy Era of Gimmepie? I like the sound of it, but the holy thing is Supervegeta's gig (and with good reason).
Old May 13th, 2013, 09:23 AM
Chalifoux
Community Supporter

I mean the Sony Game named Journey, sillypie :p
Here, you can has a banner of it

And Gravity Rush is bout this girl that controls Gravity and protects the land of Hekseville against monsters and stuff. Would be very hard to turn into a RP, and would also be extremely hard to GM (I presume), but would be the most epic thing in the world.

@WolfofEve. Oh yes. Especially fullmetal Alchemist. Why don't you do these RPs, people?!

Chalifoux
Slighlty Dronk
*drunnk

Send a Private Message!
Friend Code
Logbook
IGNs
Trade Reviews
Pair
Old May 13th, 2013, 09:29 AM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfOfEve View Post
You know what else would be cool to RP in?

Dragonball Z
Fullmetal Alchemist
Dragon Age
Fable
Dead Rising
Busou Renkin
Super Press Space To Win Action RPG 2009

... That last one may have been a joke.
Dear God all of those would be awesome. Though you'd have to have a good bunch of RPers and crazy balancing to do DBZ. I think a DB RP would work as a Journey RP, though.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here