Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Stage This is where the In-Character roleplaying happens. Before you create a thread here, recruit some players in Roleplay Casting. Your very own legend is about to unfold! A world of dreams and adventures awaits! Let's go!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #7276    
Old May 27th, 2013 (7:42 AM). Edited May 27th, 2013 by adventure.
adventure's Avatar
adventure adventure is offline
paired with seeker
ModeratorCS
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Skaia
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
Posts: 23,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grif of Hearts View Post
I've been pondering this idea for a few days now, and I think it has a little potential. I'm still working out the kinks of this, and by kinks I mean eighty percent of the roleplay idea, but I have the premise and it is a start.

Our story would be set in the Pokémon world, a little under two hundred years ago (mid 1800s), along this world's equivalent of the American frontier. Settled somewhere along the geographical equivalent of Texas or Louisiana, this would be a Pokémon roleplay in a “wild west” setting.

Spoiler:
Our characters would be following in the footsteps of the person who essentially founded the region. Heading here in search of gold, s/he ended up being the first person to map out the entire region roughly one hundred years ago. Following the steps they made has been considered a rite of passage since then, and most people in the region make it a goal to follow the trail at least once in their lifetime. The characters may have been on this adventure before, or they might be experiencing it for the first time. Either way they have met in a small town in the north of the region; the starting point of their journey... I suppose it a similar role that a Pokémon journey does in the modern world.

This mission would not be quite as simple as it appears. They will face treacherous terrain, bandits and corrupt city marshalls, and eventually catch the attention of one of the largest criminal organisations this side of North America. With little more than a revolver in hand and a few processed apricorns around their belt, what chance do they have of keeping themselves alive, let alone stopping these criminals for good?

While I have a rough storyline involved, generally involving the prevention of this bandit gang’s most recent scheme, I wouldn't be surprised if this took a more sandbox approach to it. The players actions would have a far greater influence on how it is run and what takes place than I ever could. The players make the roleplay after all, not the creator.

I hope to make this a gritty representation of the wild west, at least to some degree. Pokémon can be dangerous to both people and other Pokémon in this world, and they can do far more than knock a creature unconscious. The venom of an Ekans can kill a man if he is not careful, and one would never doubt that a wake of Mandibuzz will be circling overhead, waiting for our heroes to make a wrong move. Of course, considering the Pokémon series is usually quite lighthearted, some aspects of the more cheerful and heroic "spaghetti western" genre would likely be involved.

Because of this, I would imagine it would have a T rating, although it might slip into M. We shall see.


So, we come to the point of this post. If I were to expand on this idea, coming up with more specific plot points and fleshing out the setting, would anyone else be interested in joining this kind of roleplay?
YES. Very much so! I'd love to see a properly made wild west pokémon trainer RP.

And yeah, call it Pokémon Unchained. Ahaha~


Also, guys, check out the revamped Journeys Through Novia, GM'd by gimmepie. Pokémon journey RP on tropical islands.
__________________

Relevant Advertising!

  #7277    
Old May 27th, 2013 (8:31 AM).
Grif of Hearts's Avatar
Grif of Hearts Grif of Hearts is offline
Que sera sera~
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: System 32
Nature: Naive
Posts: 310
Glad to see the idea already has some interest.

You'd be surprised how appropriate the name would be. I just so happened to come up with the idea by playing Pokémon Black II and then immediately jumping over to watch Django Unchained for the first time on DVD. Add a passing interest in the American frontier and you have a roleplay idea waiting to come to life!

Great, now I'm genuinely considering calling it Pokémon Unchained... The P is silent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimmepie View Post
If I were you I'd go with the M rating though, I feel it would allow for more interesting game play in an RP like that.
I completely agree. I'm not entirely sure which boundary it would fall into, but considering the wild west was not the most hospitable of places making it an M rated roleplay is becoming all the more likely. It would allow for a grittier atmosphere, and that was my intention.
  #7278    
Old May 27th, 2013 (8:31 AM).
<Challenger>'s Avatar
<Challenger> <Challenger> is offline
Goodbye PC...for now.
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: East Coast, USA (Represent!)
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 2,480
Hey guys. Life has finally permitted me to come back. Permission to come aboard?
__________________
  #7279    
Old May 27th, 2013 (8:41 AM).
gimmepie's Avatar
gimmepie gimmepie is offline
The Seeker of Pies
ModeratorCSPokéCommunity Daily Staff
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Australia
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Mild
Posts: 11,484
He's alive!!!

Welcome back Heretostay!

Back to Grif's RP - If you call it Pokemon Unchained I may be forced to join haha, funny that you actually were watching Django though >:O
I think you'll be making the right decision going with the higher rating and I must say I love your premise for the journey. You should do a sketch of a region map using Texas as a base (like how Kanto through Sinnoh were made from parts of Japan).
__________________



Friends for Infinity
RPT | RT | UG | Daily |
Pairs
Foxrally, Lokiepie & Crunch Punch


"I don't need a quote. I need pie."

Art by the amazing Infinite.
  #7280    
Old May 27th, 2013 (8:53 AM).
Mana's Avatar
Mana Mana is offline
Team LeaderCS
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: UK
Gender: Female
Posts: 9,762
The idea of a pokemon-war RP sounds interesting. Certainly different to other journey RPs.

Personally, I can't picture a pokemon/wild west based crossover. It's a bit too niche for me ><.



For anyone who is interested in a small ish (6 people) magic-based RP you should click my signature (wordpress link).

What I have so far is the basic laws of the land, and the history for the RP. Where my story and the RP separate though is the generation they are based on - the RP would follow the children of the family of mages whilst my writing is more centered around the lives of four siblings.

My main concern about running the RP as it is is the limitation - not only to only six characters but six related characters. I'm sure it would limit the spark for relationships if people were forced to either be incestuous or go after NPCs...


So, it's a work in progress. If you're interested though feel free to read and send me some critique! XD Or I can send you the more RP-specific details that I have written up somewhere.
__________________
  #7281    
Old May 27th, 2013 (8:59 AM).
adventure's Avatar
adventure adventure is offline
paired with seeker
ModeratorCS
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Skaia
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
Posts: 23,574
Welcome back, heretostay. Hope you feel eager for some roleplaying, because there are a lot of them open now, I'd think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimmepie View Post
I think you'll be making the right decision going with the higher rating and I must say I love your premise for the journey. You should do a sketch of a region map using Texas as a base (like how Kanto through Sinnoh were made from parts of Japan).
OR AUSTRALIA just to annoy Sweet_Dreams because of deserts and whatnot.
__________________
  #7282    
Old May 27th, 2013 (9:04 AM).
machomuu's Avatar
machomuu machomuu is online now
My love shall crescendo until the day you laugh
ModeratorCS
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Americalanavania
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 9,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by heretostay123 View Post
Hey guys. Life has finally permitted me to come back. Permission to come aboard?
Actually, we recently adopted this "Leave and Don't Return" policy, so now only newbies can come here.

No, but really, it's good to see you back again. We've got a host of new RPs to join.

@Grif of Hearts - Dear God name it Pokemon Unchained. I like the idea already, the setting and the story create for a unique yet realistic mesh between Reality and Pokemon, and that's already got me interested.
__________________
Paired to a literal Symphony of legs.
  #7283    
Old May 27th, 2013 (9:06 AM).
<Challenger>'s Avatar
<Challenger> <Challenger> is offline
Goodbye PC...for now.
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: East Coast, USA (Represent!)
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 2,480
Excellent! Now that I'm back, the whole world can't pull me away! It's summer break, and I have a while before I have to do anything!
__________________
  #7284    
Old May 27th, 2013 (10:52 AM).
Grif of Hearts's Avatar
Grif of Hearts Grif of Hearts is offline
Que sera sera~
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: System 32
Nature: Naive
Posts: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimmepie View Post
Back to Grif's RP - If you call it Pokemon Unchained I may be forced to join haha, funny that you actually were watching Django though >:O
I think you'll be making the right decision going with the higher rating and I must say I love your premise for the journey. You should do a sketch of a region map using Texas as a base (like how Kanto through Sinnoh were made from parts of Japan).
Thank ye' kindly.

I had intended on creating a map for the region, yes. Because the regions in Pokémon are much smaller than Texas is, I might split up it up into a few separate areas and the roleplay would be set in one, or possibly two. Or I could simply scale down the area of Texas to make it fit.

Before I attempt to make one on Inkscape, there doesn't happen to be a program y'all use for creating game-quality maps for Pokémon regions, does there? It might be of some use to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
OR AUSTRALIA just to annoy Sweet_Dreams because of deserts and whatnot.
I had forgotten that Australia in the 1800s had a similar society structure to the wild west. It's an interesting idea, but I think I'm more likely to go with the Americas. The generation V Pokédex gave us a general idea of what the wildlife in the game's version of North America is like, so it's giving me a bit of a head start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
@Grif of Hearts - Dear God name it Pokemon Unchained. I like the idea already, the setting and the story create for a unique yet realistic mesh between Reality and Pokemon, and that's already got me interested.
Going with that name is now incredibly likely... Even though the name "Django Unchained" refers to the fact that he has been freed from slavery and this roleplay will not focus on the idea of enslavement... Then again, rule of cool always beats logic, does it not?

And thanks. The idea appealed to me almost instantly, so it got some priority over other roleplay ideas.
  #7285    
Old May 27th, 2013 (11:36 AM).
Mana's Avatar
Mana Mana is offline
Team LeaderCS
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: UK
Gender: Female
Posts: 9,762
Has anyone considered a game of thrones RP ( or possibly a pokémon crossover :o)?

Could work really well if it were to happen in a parallel world, or perhaps during the time of dragons. Characters could be split between the four main houses, lots of interaction, some combat, etc. The way there are so many stories going on in the book/TV series complements RP really well.

:o
__________________
  #7286    
Old May 27th, 2013 (11:57 AM).
adventure's Avatar
adventure adventure is offline
paired with seeker
ModeratorCS
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Skaia
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
Posts: 23,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSign View Post
Has anyone considered a game of thrones RP ( or possibly a pokémon crossover :o)?

Could work really well if it were to happen in a parallel world, or perhaps during the time of dragons. Characters could be split between the four main houses, lots of interaction, some combat, etc. The way there are so many stories going on in the book/TV series complements RP really well.

:o
I think much of Aerion is based on Game of Thrones, albeit in a different world. Mostly the theme and feeling is meant to be the same. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though, Aerion players/makers.
__________________
  #7287    
Old May 27th, 2013 (3:06 PM).
Grif of Hearts's Avatar
Grif of Hearts Grif of Hearts is offline
Que sera sera~
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: System 32
Nature: Naive
Posts: 310
I've been debating as to whether or not there should be a basic leveling system for the Pokémon. Obviously, Pokémon would grow stronger by leveling up and would only be able to evolve or learn certain moves once they reach the appropriate level, just as it is in the game.

I've seen it used in a few other roleplays here, and I think it's a good way to make sure people don't have outlandishly powerful moves from the start or evolve their Dratini into a Dragonite in the space of three posts.

How would everyone interested respond to this if I used it?
__________________
  #7288    
Old May 27th, 2013 (3:52 PM).
Nakuzami's Avatar
Nakuzami Nakuzami is offline
Children of Fate
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ylisse
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 5,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grif of Hearts View Post
I've been debating as to whether or not there should be a basic leveling system for the Pokémon. Obviously, Pokémon would grow stronger by leveling up and would only be able to evolve or learn certain moves once they reach the appropriate level, just as it is in the game.

I've seen it used in a few other roleplays here, and I think it's a good way to make sure people don't have outlandishly powerful moves from the start or evolve their Dratini into a Dragonite in the space of three posts.

How would everyone interested respond to this if I used it?
Well, from the sound of it you wish to take on a more realistic approach to the pokemon themselves? That's quite awesome, actually. I've been wanting to do that, and plan to whenever I get around to writing a fanfiction. So, in my opinion, I think it would be cool to see something along the lines of the pokemon growing naturally, rather than spontaneously evolving. Charmander could start to grow larger, small wing stubs forming on his back. Magikarp could begin to elongate, its scales turning blue (or remaining red, for a proper explanation of a "shiny") as it progresses into Gyaradoes. Dratini would grow longer, and eventually its scales would become gold and it would slowly sprout wings. Obviously some transformations would take longer than others, but that's often times reflected by high levels required for pokemon evolution.

Thoughts on that idea?

Also, @Shawn & Rika - Fine then, we shall! LET'S DO EET! xD

And, guys, off-topic: in the past three days, my nieces and I started watching Glee and have already progressed to episode forty. ERMERGERD, I'VE BECOME A GLEEK AND IT'S TORTURE. The show is surprisingly good, and I enjoy the actors. Three of which were on the show Heroes, and one of which was one of my favorites from Heroes, so that's cool. ;3
__________________
A burdened heart sinks into the ground
A veil falls away without a sound
Not day nor night, wrong nor right
For truth and peace you fight
Sing with me a song of silence and blood
The rain falls, but can't wash away the mud
Within my ancient heart dwells madness and pride
Can no one hear my cry

Embrace the dark you call a home,
Gaze upon an empty, white throne
A legacy of lies,
A familiar disguise
Sing with me a song of conquest and fate
The black pillar cracks beneath its weight
Night breaks through the day, hard as a stone
Lost in thoughts all alone
In the white light, a hand reaches through
A double-edged blade cuts your heart in two
Waking dreams fade away,
Embrace the brand-new day
Sing with me a song of birthrights and love
The light scatters to the sky above
Dawn breaks through the gloom, white as a bone
Lost in thoughts all alone


In endless dreams, countless realms collide
Hope falls only to rise like the changing tide
But all dreams come to an end,
Just whispers on the wind
Sing with me one last time, for light's sacrifice,
Endless dawn came but not without a price,
Lost in the waves there glimmers, a pale blue stone.
I think of you, all alone
  #7289    
Old May 27th, 2013 (4:12 PM).
Grif of Hearts's Avatar
Grif of Hearts Grif of Hearts is offline
Que sera sera~
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: System 32
Nature: Naive
Posts: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakuzami View Post
Well, from the sound of it you wish to take on a more realistic approach to the pokemon themselves? That's quite awesome, actually. I've been wanting to do that, and plan to whenever I get around to writing a fanfiction. So, in my opinion, I think it would be cool to see something along the lines of the pokemon growing naturally, rather than spontaneously evolving. Charmander could start to grow larger, small wing stubs forming on his back. Magikarp could begin to elongate, its scales turning blue (or remaining red, for a proper explanation of a "shiny") as it progresses into Gyaradoes. Dratini would grow longer, and eventually its scales would become gold and it would slowly sprout wings. Obviously some transformations would take longer than others, but that's often times reflected by high levels required for pokemon evolution.
That wasn't really what I was going for as far as realism is concerned. It's an interesting idea, and I had pondered the idea for a previous setting, but I think for the sake of keeping with what he know about Pokémon that evolution would still take place.

I just wanted to know if people would prefer a leveling system stripped straight out of the game or if they'd prefer to have their Pokémon learn these new skills and eventually evolve whenever the roleplayers felt it was necessary.
  #7290    
Old May 27th, 2013 (4:42 PM).
Nakuzami's Avatar
Nakuzami Nakuzami is offline
Children of Fate
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ylisse
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 5,589
Haha, I know, I just thought it would be cool. ^-^;

Well, to go by the realistic aspect of it, I think the latter would function better. It would feel too mechanical to have a solid leveling system in place, if you get what I mean?
__________________
A burdened heart sinks into the ground
A veil falls away without a sound
Not day nor night, wrong nor right
For truth and peace you fight
Sing with me a song of silence and blood
The rain falls, but can't wash away the mud
Within my ancient heart dwells madness and pride
Can no one hear my cry

Embrace the dark you call a home,
Gaze upon an empty, white throne
A legacy of lies,
A familiar disguise
Sing with me a song of conquest and fate
The black pillar cracks beneath its weight
Night breaks through the day, hard as a stone
Lost in thoughts all alone
In the white light, a hand reaches through
A double-edged blade cuts your heart in two
Waking dreams fade away,
Embrace the brand-new day
Sing with me a song of birthrights and love
The light scatters to the sky above
Dawn breaks through the gloom, white as a bone
Lost in thoughts all alone


In endless dreams, countless realms collide
Hope falls only to rise like the changing tide
But all dreams come to an end,
Just whispers on the wind
Sing with me one last time, for light's sacrifice,
Endless dawn came but not without a price,
Lost in the waves there glimmers, a pale blue stone.
I think of you, all alone
  #7291    
Old May 27th, 2013 (4:46 PM).
Lt. Col. Fantastic's Avatar
Lt. Col. Fantastic Lt. Col. Fantastic is offline
The Arianator
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: America
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Posts: 698
Personally I think a more natural feel is better for leveling. Like the thing where they learn moves and evolve over time and when roleplayers feel neccesary. Set in stone levels, moves, and evoution is both boring and hard to keep up with. (like exp and such, aint nobody got time for that)

but yeah, thats my input for the week. ill pop back in here sometime in june


EDIT: if you include native american type characters then hell yes im interested
__________________


Mr. Aladdin sir! Have a wish or two or three!
  #7292    
Old May 27th, 2013 (4:56 PM).
Grif of Hearts's Avatar
Grif of Hearts Grif of Hearts is offline
Que sera sera~
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: System 32
Nature: Naive
Posts: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakuzami View Post
Well, to go by the realistic aspect of it, I think the latter would function better. It would feel too mechanical to have a solid leveling system in place, if you get what I mean?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Col. Fantastic View Post
Personally I think a more natural feel is better for leveling. Like the thing where they learn moves and evolve over time and when roleplayers feel neccesary. Set in stone levels, moves, and evoution is both boring and hard to keep up with. (like exp and such, aint nobody got time for that)
I understand where you're both coming from. I'm just going from past experience with these kinds of roleplays. One roleplay I had previously been in on this website, called "A new Professor in town" I believe, was an incredibly long running roleplay that I jumped into near its final days. It used a leveling system akin to the games, with the person running the roleplay granting the player's Pokémon a level up when they felt that they had earned it. I had always thought it was rather effective, and it encouraged me to work towards something rather than just granting my Pokémon some additional power whenever I felt in the mood.

Then on another hand we have an old one I ran with Ray Maverick a few years ago. It just seemed like as soon as we announced that the players were free to explore the immediate area outside of the championship that everyone caught two dozen Pokémon, taught their current Pokémon an entirely new moveset and evolved every one they had. It just seemed a bit unrealistic, even for Pokémon's standards.

As I said, it depends on which method is more popular, not my personal preferences. I just have to hope that in the case of the latter that everyone is sensible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Col. Fantastic View Post
EDIT: if you include native american type characters then hell yes im interested
I think they'd be less likely to join the convoy, but I really don't see why there couldn't be someone playing a native American. I had certainly intended on them being involved in some way.
  #7293    
Old May 27th, 2013 (5:13 PM).
Nakuzami's Avatar
Nakuzami Nakuzami is offline
Children of Fate
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ylisse
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 5,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grif of Hearts View Post
I understand where you're both coming from. I'm just going from past experience with these kinds of roleplays. One roleplay I had previously been in on this website, called "A new Professor in town" I believe, was an incredibly long running roleplay that I jumped into near its final days. It used a leveling system akin to the games, with the person running the roleplay granting the player's Pokémon a level up when they felt that they had earned it. I had always thought it was rather effective, and it encouraged me to work towards something rather than just granting my Pokémon some additional power whenever I felt in the mood.

Then on another hand we have an old one I ran with Ray Maverick a few years ago. It just seemed like as soon as we announced that the players were free to explore the immediate area outside of the championship that everyone caught two dozen Pokémon, taught their current Pokémon an entirely new moveset and evolved every one they had. It just seemed a bit unrealistic, even for Pokémon's standards.

As I said, it depends on which method is more popular, not my personal preferences. I just have to hope that in the case of the latter that everyone is sensible.
Good ol' slls81. d:
Yes, I was in that roleplay as well, so I know exactly what you mean. I've been in a few roleplays with a similar leveling system since then, and I myself have even utilized the method in a few of my own. But, from experience, I think the more natural approach is preferred. Often times the roleplayers here can be trusted to be sensible with such things, and if they happen to take an angle that seems slightly unrealistic, I believe it's perfectly acceptable to address that and ask them to fix it.

On the other hand, I myself did such things in my early days of roleplaying. Well, mainly catching a plethora of pokemon, and I even did that in A New Professor in Town. I don't think I ever really leveled my pokemon too quickly or made them overpowered, but I can understand the appeal if you're not as experienced with the setting. In such a case, you just need to ask for the roleplayers to abide by certain guidelines. I think it's entirely reasonable to do so.
__________________
A burdened heart sinks into the ground
A veil falls away without a sound
Not day nor night, wrong nor right
For truth and peace you fight
Sing with me a song of silence and blood
The rain falls, but can't wash away the mud
Within my ancient heart dwells madness and pride
Can no one hear my cry

Embrace the dark you call a home,
Gaze upon an empty, white throne
A legacy of lies,
A familiar disguise
Sing with me a song of conquest and fate
The black pillar cracks beneath its weight
Night breaks through the day, hard as a stone
Lost in thoughts all alone
In the white light, a hand reaches through
A double-edged blade cuts your heart in two
Waking dreams fade away,
Embrace the brand-new day
Sing with me a song of birthrights and love
The light scatters to the sky above
Dawn breaks through the gloom, white as a bone
Lost in thoughts all alone


In endless dreams, countless realms collide
Hope falls only to rise like the changing tide
But all dreams come to an end,
Just whispers on the wind
Sing with me one last time, for light's sacrifice,
Endless dawn came but not without a price,
Lost in the waves there glimmers, a pale blue stone.
I think of you, all alone
  #7294    
Old May 27th, 2013 (6:09 PM).
Lt. Col. Fantastic's Avatar
Lt. Col. Fantastic Lt. Col. Fantastic is offline
The Arianator
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: America
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Posts: 698
Well yeah, you cant really let people go rampant with the leveling up and moves and such.

I think a system where they would have to get the gm's permission to learn skills and evolve would work best, so the gm would still have control over the...exp flow as well as allow the roleplayers to have a more natural, freeform experience. (like i guess what im saying is you still are in charge but without having specific numbers.)
__________________


Mr. Aladdin sir! Have a wish or two or three!
  #7295    
Old May 27th, 2013 (6:17 PM).
Sweet Dreams's Avatar
Sweet Dreams Sweet Dreams is offline
are made of these~
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: a store near YOU!
Nature: Adamant
Posts: 669
I think that the natural way vs the systematic way are suitable for different kinds of RPs. It depends on what you want to focus on, really. If you let your RPers level up and evolve, etc, naturally (with some regulation) then there would be more of a focus on character interaction and plot, as opposed to the level grinding you might get otherwise.

Personally I get bored easily if I'm forced to grind in-RP to keep up with everyone else. I do that enough in the games. I RP for the people and plot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
OR AUSTRALIA just to annoy Sweet_Dreams because of deserts and whatnot.
We will be having words, Rika! *shakes fist*
__________________



Friends for Infinity
Vale - Julie Nguyen | Venice - Keira O'Cuinn

"RPHermit, eight years and counting~"

art by the amazing Infinite
  #7296    
Old May 27th, 2013 (6:32 PM).
ORegan's Avatar
ORegan ORegan is offline
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Boston
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Posts: 624
Yes yes and more yes to the Pokemon western. I call dibs on the Gene Autry of the game. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Col. Fantastic View Post
I think a system where they would have to get the gm's permission to learn skills and evolve would work best, so the gm would still have control over the...exp flow as well as allow the roleplayers to have a more natural, freeform experience. (like i guess what im saying is you still are in charge but without having specific numbers.)
I agree with this. From past experience I found that it's best to allow players to not have to worry about levels to create a more natural flow than to have everyone need to consider what level their opponent is. It also negates the need to level grind in a roleplay. Here's an example.
__________________
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  #7297    
Old May 28th, 2013 (1:40 AM).
Grif of Hearts's Avatar
Grif of Hearts Grif of Hearts is offline
Que sera sera~
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: System 32
Nature: Naive
Posts: 310
I'd make sure y'all wouldn't have to grind for anything if we did ever go with that sort of thing. I just thought it'd be a good idea to keep everything stable as far as power levels go, but if the general consensus is not to add it in then I'll just have to trust y'all with it. c:
__________________
  #7298    
Old May 28th, 2013 (12:24 PM).
Karma Police Karma Police is offline
Arrest this man
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,855
Damn, when I had joined PC I had actually thought of making a Western Pokemon RP along with -Nocturnal... I had some basic outline worked out but it never really materialized.

The only difference was that mine was overly complicated. It had everything ranging from a notoriety level to a fame system to a presidency system, bounty system, and a different class system.

It basically gave players the option to be bounty hunters, thieves, w/e they wanted to be and tied it to the reward system for missions and a fame or notoriety level based on the actions of the player, and it even had an option of players becoming potential presidency candidates and fight a sort of election to become a president of Wild Unova.

It also had a grand train heist taking place. But like it can be seen in this post, it was way too complicated with too many systems and really messy, so I had dropped the idea at least for the time being.

It took place in an alternate timeline which charted the rise of democracy and the Train system in Unova set during the time of cowboys and aliens
  #7299    
Old May 28th, 2013 (2:01 PM).
YellowGardevoir's Avatar
YellowGardevoir YellowGardevoir is offline
"Intend to? I already have."
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Posts: 304
So what do you guys think of a Fire Emblem RP? I was thinking a Pokemon X Fire Emblem crossover, or perhaps a sequel to Awakening(tentatively named Fire Emblem: Re-Awakening.) I've got a pretty good idea for a story, but I was wondering if anyone would even look at it.
__________________
  #7300    
Old May 28th, 2013 (4:13 PM).
SV's Avatar
SV SV is offline
See You Space Cowboy
Silver Tier
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 3,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowGardevoir View Post
So what do you guys think of a Fire Emblem RP? I was thinking a Pokemon X Fire Emblem crossover, or perhaps a sequel to Awakening(tentatively named Fire Emblem: Re-Awakening.) I've got a pretty good idea for a story, but I was wondering if anyone would even look at it.
I'm interested in a Fire Emblem RP. But Pokemon X Fire Emblem crossover not so much. What's the story?
__________________


A Legend once told me that roleplaying is about bringing people together and celebrating creative vision.
Paired with the Artsy Infinite and the Spectacular Shak
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:39 PM.