The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 31st, 2013, 07:28 PM
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Killer View Post
Just gonna throw this idea out here, see if anyone responds.

Would anyone be interested in a RP in a original world based around the age of exploration?
perhaps....

will it have fictional entities with real world counterpats such as Britain, Spain, France, etc? if so then most likely yes. Also if natives are somehow involved yes.

in a semi related note, are you going through with the western themed pokemon roleplay, Hearts?

You play too much
Old May 31st, 2013, 07:59 PM
Julius Caesar
Marked Out

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Col. Fantastic View Post
perhaps....

will it have fictional entities with real world counterpats such as Britain, Spain, France, etc? if so then most likely yes. Also if natives are somehow involved yes.

in a semi related note, are you going through with the western themed pokemon roleplay, Hearts?
There would be "counterparts" so to say of Britain,Spain and France, and yes, there would be natives involved. I don't have a whole lot planned out, but those would definitely be a part of it
Old June 1st, 2013, 06:05 AM
Colony
It's About Dominating!

Nature: Lax
So, a few weeks back I was gauging the reaction for an RP that was inspired by some concepts taken from the Megaman Battle Network games, but that whole plan kinda fell through. Now I'm back with a slightly different question: Would anybody be interested in an RP that was set in the Battle Network universe. It would probably be set after BN6, or it would be the players battling WWW instead of Lan, Megaman, and their friends.

More to come, but they're in the works. Also, if you like what you see and want one just ask. It's not like I've got anything better to do (other than write posts).
Old June 1st, 2013, 06:15 AM
Nathan
too lazy
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
This idea could be quite interesting since I always liked BN. How would you do the battle system?

no, you gotta get it inside
you push it back down, you push it back down

Old June 1st, 2013, 06:33 AM
Grif of Hearts
Que sera sera~

Nature: Naive
Quote:
I plan to at some point. It might take a little while to work out the kinks, specifically designing the new region which will be based off of Texas, but it doesn't seem like it'd be too difficult. I should be able to get it all sorted out without much hastle. Why do you ask?
Old June 1st, 2013, 06:46 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies

Nature: Mild
I'm gonna take a wild stab in the dark and suggest that Lt. Col. Fantastic asked because it sounds awesome. :D
Old June 1st, 2013, 07:36 AM
Grif of Hearts
Que sera sera~

Never hurts to double check.
Old June 1st, 2013, 04:04 PM
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

Nature: Sassy
Yeah im asking because im kinda excited for it. also i love native americans and pokemon so....

*does double backflip*

You play too much

Last edited by Lt. Col. Fantastic; June 1st, 2013 at 04:06 PM. Reason: typos
Old June 1st, 2013, 06:01 PM
Julius Caesar
Marked Out

I'm going back to my Age of exploration idea to ask a question,

Which plot type would you prefer:

a) A scalar plotline

or

b) A open-world style plot
Old June 1st, 2013, 11:46 PM
Colony
It's About Dominating!

@JNathan: The battle system would probably be more like NT Warrior, and to a lesser extent Network Transmission. Battle chips would still be usable, but the whole grid system would be very limiting and I don't think anybody would like that.

If I do go through with this idea and it's set after BN6 it'll be a class of young operatives(think team protoman or team colonel from BN5) being sent to do various missions regarding terrorism on the net. It could be primarily a class of Netbattlers in school (more than likely a high school sponsored by SciLab), which would make a lot more sense than Lan (a gradeschooler when the series started) taking on a bunch of terrorists.

More to come, but they're in the works. Also, if you like what you see and want one just ask. It's not like I've got anything better to do (other than write posts).
Old June 2nd, 2013, 01:33 PM
Grif of Hearts
Que sera sera~

Quote:
Yeah im asking because im kinda excited for it. also i love native americans and pokemon so....

*does double backflip*
Well, I'm happy to satisfy that craving. I'm going to get working on it properly over the next few days rather than just dabbling on it occasionally, so with a bit of luck the premise will be done soon.
Old June 2nd, 2013, 01:38 PM
Nathan
too lazy
Community Supporter

@Colony : It seems like a really good idea. If it goes through, reserve me a spot.

no, you gotta get it inside
you push it back down, you push it back down

Old June 3rd, 2013, 12:20 AM
Colony
It's About Dominating!

Well, I'm going to go through with this Battle Network idea, but I feel that a Co-GM would be helpful to bounce off ideas. One of the first things that has me perplexed is what characters to use and for those with multiple NetNavis, like Mr. Famous, what NetNavi should they use. If anybody would be interested in helping out PM or VM me.

Old June 3rd, 2013, 08:20 AM
YellowGardevoir
Expert Breeder

Nature: Quiet
Fire Emblem: ReAwakening is officially out! Check it out here
Old June 3rd, 2013, 07:07 PM
Ozymandias
this world needs bad men
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Ozymandias
Ummm... Does anyone wanna take me under their wing? I'm really new and it's been a while since I've rp'd. I got accepted into the Pokemon Trainer Academy but, I feel like my first post wasn't very good. I just kinda would like someone I could ask questions to and talk to a little.. Sorry if this is weird or something but, i'm terrible with forums so I could use some help.
Old June 3rd, 2013, 07:19 PM
Chalifoux
VOOOOOODKA!
Community Supporter

Oh, do not worry at all Chili! :D We're all a crazy, friendly bunch of peeps here, so, if you EVER have any question, you can pretty much ask ANYONE here.

Ehh... here's the Hopelessly Helpful guy striking again xD If you want I could help you, although there are people who can give far greater guidance than mine.

And, don't worry about your posts, you don't have to go all Victor Hugo on us with every single post, you just have to do what you love and love what you do, then you'll be perfectly fine o3o Besides, I just read that post... Kudos to you, that's a fantastic first one, actually! :D
Old June 3rd, 2013, 08:51 PM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies

Nature: Mild
Elite is very helpful you should talk to him
But I'm always available to help you out. Other people I recommend if you are looking for RP advice are Pokemon Trainer Yellow, Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers ad Skymin who is the moderator of the RP Corner.

If you are looking for a simple RP to join you might like to look in on Journey's Through Novia or Pokemon Survival Challenge.
Old June 4th, 2013, 08:53 AM
Ozymandias
this world needs bad men
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Ozymandias
Haha thanks @gimmepie i've received alot of help and advice! Everyone here is really friendly!
Btw to anybody reading this there's this rp called PokeSentai and I thought the concept was pretty good and interesting. I know I'm new here so i don't really have any credibility but, it seems i'm the only person interested in it and I feel pretty bad for the guy who made it. If you could go check it out for me I would be really grateful!
Old June 4th, 2013, 11:46 AM
ORegan
I'm dating your mom
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliDawgs View Post
Btw to anybody reading this there's this rp called PokeSentai and I thought the concept was pretty good and interesting. I know I'm new here so i don't really have any credibility but, it seems i'm the only person interested in it and I feel pretty bad for the guy who made it. If you could go check it out for me I would be really grateful!
Thanks, but the lack of interest just means I need to retool the story and game-design a little to make it more accessible for people who don't want to read 20 paragraphs in a RP description. So for now I think I may mothball the idea.
Old June 4th, 2013, 12:13 PM
GenethepowerfulXD
Follower of Gene

Nature: Calm
Has anyone looked at the Pokemon dystopia role play, the story seem really good and it dosn't have many people signed up yet. I'd really appreciate it if anyone would look into it thnx.
Old June 4th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Nickle4aPickle

Hello all! I just wanna throw an idea out there, maybe find someone to co-run an RP with me (or at least someone I can bounce ideas off of). :D

I've had this idea in my head for a while, and it was originally supposed to be a fanfic I was going to Round-Robin with my boyfriend and best friend. But it never really got off the ground. ^^;

The idea: Pokémon Gijinkas in a Final Fantasy-like setting.

This is a very vague description of what I have planned out, but it's the best short description I can come up with. XD PM or VM me if you're interested, OK? :D

tumblr.//dA//twitter//youtube//raptr

Scraggy face edit by me
Old June 4th, 2013, 02:33 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

@Nickle4aPickle - Which Final Fantasy are we talkin' about, because most of them are drastically different.
Old June 4th, 2013, 02:39 PM
Nickle4aPickle

@machomuu: Just a fantasy setting with job classes, not any FF in particular. :3 FF comes to my mind when I think of a setting like that, hence my original phrasing. XD

Scraggy face edit by me
Old June 4th, 2013, 02:45 PM
SylveonStar
Sylveon

Nature: Lonely
@Nickle4aPickle: If your interested in FF you should check out my FF rp. We've still got two spots left in it.
Old June 4th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Nickle4aPickle

@Genevieve: I'll check it out, but I'd still be interested in doing my idea in addition to any other RPs I may join. :3
Thanks for the suggestion! ^^

EDIT: Ah, is it the XIII RP? I haven't played XIII, so I'd be completely lost. D:

Scraggy face edit by me
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links